Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Crazy Theory - This is the place right?

- Tue, 04 Dec 2018 00:20:28 EST 56xgy7Hr No.89029
File: 1543900828877.jpg -(627029B / 612.33KB, 2000x1333) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Crazy Theory - This is the place right?
Hey guys

I'm browsing youtube and lately I've been seeing more and more suggested videos and ads that are political in some way. From straight up political ads (during election season understandably) to all these stupid idiots star wars videos about SJW moments and leftist this and that. I turn off all suggested advertising and generally have my settings to keep my shit private as much as I can. I know all these big tech companies are using AI in their marketing and advertising research and so on, are AI already trying to brew a war? Of course it could be the people in power using all this media for these reasons (already my theory) but what if it's not even their intention, the AI they're using has already developed it's own idea of how it can take over (with their help)? I'm crazy and I'm not putting much thought into this post, but I think it belongs here as I hope it can spark discussion.

Is AI already trying to sow the seeds of war?
>>
Edward Wammleworth - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 01:31:30 EST ZcKMNawS No.89031 Reply
>>89029

No OP.

Its the way they market and tag their own videos. Like think about the whole gamergate thing, a lot of the people who talk politics are typically under the gaming banner so when google sees your profile and goes "oh heres a male 18-34, white, lives in <western country> lets serve him some video games because thats how we sell advertising" then you click on it thinking you're getting some gaming shit when its psuedo political, then depending on how long you watch that it goes "oh hey white male 18-34 watched that video for 10 minutes and watched 2 advertisements, lets serve him more content with similar tags".

If you want to break free from these suggestions, log out of your account and make a new one. browse in private mode. Or you could clear your watch history.

Google doesnt care what it serves you unless they are getting paid to serve them. So their goal is to get you on the site for longer and to watch advertisements in the process. Even if you have adblocker the algorithm still shows you the same content.
>>
Clara Bingerforth - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 11:00:50 EST 56xgy7Hr No.89036 Reply
>>89031

Thank you for your explanation, this shows a logical solution which makes sense (you are a god among men today lol). I do understand all the advertising algorithms I just don't understand why watching gaming videos has made YouTube think I'm some right wing trump supporter. I am not, but see how companies like YouTube have convinced the majority of young gamers to buy into their arguments through targeted advertising.
>>
Hannah Hogglefuck - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 19:03:35 EST QY9QUgPD No.89039 Reply
>>89036
It's actually a well documented phenomena, so much it has become memetastic. It's not even that you're searching for gaming videos; kinda like a perverse 6-degrees to Kevin Bacon (do you kids get that reference?) they've proven that no matter what your initial search query, you're always only about 4 or 5 autoplay suggestions away from hardcore reactionary propaganda.
>>
Albert Fangold - Tue, 04 Dec 2018 23:02:44 EST L/ue6Tjr No.89040 Reply
>>89039
Or you could stop being such an insufferable faggot and simply look at the money. Youtube is paid to direct political content to the demographic their algorithm states that OP is in.
>>
Wesley Brebberwell - Fri, 07 Dec 2018 03:19:03 EST K4kjRE60 No.89065 Reply
>>89029
It's unlikely that the AI is trying to do anything other than what it was designed to do by humans (which is currently to try and show you more related videos that it thinks you will like based on the ones you have recently watched).
>>
Michael !iFxAk2YQww - Fri, 07 Dec 2018 06:52:33 EST Fd6Zosma No.89067 Reply
The internet is alive. It's an emergent consciounsess
>>
Edward Clapperfield - Fri, 07 Dec 2018 14:09:00 EST L/ue6Tjr No.89076 Reply
>>89043
Awww, little nefag can't figure out what a money trail is?
>>
Edward Hurrywater - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 17:53:19 EST k5jzHGb5 No.89097 Reply
1544395999350.jpg -(42480B / 41.48KB, 500x411) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Politics in the media are there to wear down the public, like a long and wordy contract that goes on for dozens of pages in the finest of prints and most verbose of languages.

Like an Internet post 4 paragraphs long, the media spews out hundreds of articles and videos every week to overload the public with more coverage than they could ever want about the government.

They don't report anything they don't want everyone knowing about.
>>
Fuck Pollyset - Sun, 09 Dec 2018 18:29:54 EST ZcKMNawS No.89098 Reply
>>89097
Yeah and it makes life in general seem tougher than it actually is. They also feed in social morality into the "news" with puff pieces.

The astounding coverage of politics makes it seem like not anybody can be a politician. We live in a democracy we need to break out of this idea that the only people who can become politicans are businessmen, bankers and lawyers.
>>
Angus Cunnermotch - Mon, 10 Dec 2018 21:10:58 EST L/ue6Tjr No.89126 Reply
>>89112
That is not A Wizard, that is A Michael #tripfag#

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.