Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

tobacco benefits

- Fri, 12 May 2017 20:47:42 EST i6Vg8PQP No.173485
File: 1494636462619.jpg -(70054B / 68.41KB, 1000x796) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. tobacco benefits
what are the good effects/benefits of tobacco, if any?

i have only heard of negatives related to its use.
>>
Graham Nupperfoot - Fri, 12 May 2017 22:42:16 EST 9eo+7mUf No.173486 Reply
>>173485
having five minutes away from work every 1.5 hour or so. In other words it relieves stress. Is that beneficial?
>>
spardo - Sat, 13 May 2017 01:24:34 EST i6Vg8PQP No.173487 Reply
>>173486
yeah that and it gives you a pretty nice buzz, i haven't done it in a long time tho
>>
CrazyFolksTribe !owU3wSU682 - Sun, 14 May 2017 01:20:23 EST PvFP2OSK No.173489 Reply
Some studies[which?] show that tobacco can help with the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, and some other mental disorders. However, most of these benefits can be achieved with nicotine alone, which isn't as physically unhealthy as tobacco.

It's also useful when you're a bit constipated and want to take a shit, especially in combination with caffeine.
>>
Shit Drappertadge - Mon, 15 May 2017 06:28:09 EST TyBJP2Da No.173491 Reply
1494844089028.jpg -(46317B / 45.23KB, 450x450) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This about pure nicotine through any route, not just by smoking:
Some stimulation, a bit like caffeine does. Some see it helps a bit to anxiety (even when not addicted). Through these it seems to increase attention for a moment.
>>
Shitting Hopperbick - Wed, 17 May 2017 11:22:26 EST qA9y0YB8 No.173497 Reply
Smokers are half as likely as nonsmokers to develop Parkinson's disease. Regular caffeine consumption has a similar effect, to a lesser degree. It's not enough to make smoking a healthy choice, obviously, but it's pretty cool that even a habit near-universally panned for its health effects can still have some notable upsides.
>>
Frederick Snoddock - Thu, 18 May 2017 22:49:51 EST LVJQWlfh No.173503 Reply
It's pretty widely acknowledged that smoking decreases the risk of parkinsons.
>>
Clara Fedgefuck - Tue, 23 May 2017 12:21:30 EST jhuzeozy No.173508 Reply
Tobacco is the most widely available antipsychotic.
The only time I've been to a mental hospital cigarettes where right next to the pills.
>>
Walter Brirringfield - Tue, 23 May 2017 17:44:00 EST 7WyubmZ2 No.173509 Reply
I have schizophrenia and I find that cigarettes help manage the voices and anxiety
>>
The Fabricated Man - Fri, 26 May 2017 12:12:18 EST mu1gDWa5 No.173510 Reply
1495815138719.jpg -(31824B / 31.08KB, 640x486) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>173508
Nicotine is not an antipsychotic.

Smoking just turns people who are pricks into non pricks for about half and hour.

Also in patients with schizophrenia, it can temporarily correct the hypofrontality that comes with the disease.
>>
Hannah Claystock - Sat, 27 May 2017 03:53:45 EST sXrdcCyf No.173512 Reply
>>173510
Harmaline alkaloids in tobacco do have some MAOI properties though. Which is a mechanism of action shared with antidepressants not antipsychotics granted. There are some studies that suggest that people with biplar disorder and schizophrenic receive a greater psychological reward from smoking than people without those conditions.

>>173503
>The only time I've been to a mental hospital cigarettes where right next to the pills.

That seems dubious or coincidental at best. I'm pretty sure they're not used as a treatment.
>>
Hannah Claystock - Sat, 27 May 2017 03:55:28 EST sXrdcCyf No.173513 Reply
>>173510
>Smoking just turns people who are pricks into non pricks for about half an hour.

Nah, I'm pretty sure being addicted to nicotine and not having it turns people into arseholes when it's not in their systems.
nb
>>
Phineas Lightfuck - Wed, 17 Feb 2021 09:35:19 EST 4yqDgnzz No.174869 Reply
>>173485
Feels great after a good rest, otherwise it let’s you drink as much booze without passing out
>>
Augustus Chennerpid - Wed, 17 Feb 2021 20:12:29 EST skKNuyWR No.174870 Reply
>>174869
you nailed it mate. tobacco feels the best with alcohol.
>>
Doris Wuggledale - Tue, 23 Feb 2021 05:15:42 EST T/J0E0yu No.174875 Reply
>>173510
Schizophrenics display psychotic symptoms. If the hypofrontality in schizophrenics causes their psychotic behaviiurs and an administered dose of nicotine prevents those symptoms, then how can you posit nicotine simultaneously relieve psychotic symptoms while not being an anti psychotic?
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Richard Nixon - Thu, 25 Feb 2021 06:56:01 EST AG9JPThH No.174879 Reply
>>174875
Life isn’t a med school class at Keck school of Medicine, you waiting-room patient
>>
Cyril Bardfoot - Sat, 20 Mar 2021 15:11:30 EST 20FGK1d6 No.174890 Reply
>>173512
>>174875
>>173509
>>173508
Not sure about the effects it has on symptoms of psychotic disorders but I’ve certainly heard schizophrenics mention the relief tobacco offers during attacks.

Otherwise, what I do know is that certain carcinogenic compounds in tobacco smoke are actually active (sometimes psychoactive, interesting as that is...) in the liver and inhibit the body’s ability to metabolize/digest certain antipsychotics; risperidone is one I can remember. I think it’s mostly 1st-and-2nd generation antipsychotics that are affected but the interaction has real impacts.

For me, I’ve noted in my years that antipsychotics can limit pleasure feedback, measured by orgasm strength each day after starting regimens. Risperidone actually causes me deep, nasty depression as a side effect and I would use a cigarette 1-3 times a day to temporarily relieve a good deal of the melancholy.

I found that smoking more than one cigarette per break/session would actually have no effect on mood, or would completely reverse and potentiate the depression.

One smoke per day with a vape for nicotine was ideal but so long as you wait around 4hrs before having another smoke it was good.
///
  • There’s a slight correlation between smoking and COVID-19 resistance for some reason...
  • House, MD suggested that cigarettes might help with IBS
  • Appreciation of the act of smoking and all it brings including a nice buzz, frequent breaks, and other effects of psychoactivity and psychology interplaying to create a savory pastime. Let’s not forget the health that living life your way and enjoying it and it’s little pleasures can bring! :)
>>
Nigel Genningridge - Mon, 22 Mar 2021 18:16:09 EST b11YcRzm No.174897 Reply
>>173485
Cigarettes are proved to reduce the risk of injury during excersise with 50%
>>
Phoebe Pallyham - Tue, 11 May 2021 19:21:02 EST 6A9X7e6Y No.174924 Reply
>>173485
anti-inflammatory
anti-psychotic, anti-depressant, and anti-anxiety
lowers risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
boosts testosterone production
short-term stimulant and nootropic effects (better for energy at night than caffeine)
Has almost no drug interactions (you can use it to "boost your high" with almost any substance with almost no short-term repercussions)
>>
Betsy Gondlechat - Mon, 24 May 2021 09:58:56 EST 9iEmRVzc No.174933 Reply
>>174926
This is about it for me also I think there's something to the oral fixation thing. The high you get isn't very pleasant and actually makes you sick at first, as nicotine is a poison ironically to keep things from eating the plant. It goes away after maybe your first pack

You eventually become addicted or you become an epicurean by that I mean you're going to eventually start smoking cigars or pipes or growing your own tobacco or buying whole leaf tobacco to make your blends, and also be addictied.

For the past 3 years I've been growing my own tobacco plants and I've been saving close to $1,200 a year you can also just buy the whole leaves for pretty cheap certainly way cheaper than packs. So that's the benefit I find from it I like growing it I like the way it tastes when you grow it people love it as a gift especially if they smoke and they've never experienced natural cigs rolled in a leaf. It also relieves stress but I'm not sure if that's a condition and a placebo effect or an actual effect of the drug
>>
Betsy Gondlechat - Mon, 24 May 2021 10:04:08 EST 9iEmRVzc No.174934 Reply
>>174890
I used to work with adults with disabilities and all our clients with schizophrenia smoked like a chimney I'm not sure if the relief comes from being addicted like the feeling of needing a cigarette and then having one is where the relief comes from or if it's an actual effect from the drug irregardless everyone I've ever met with schizophrenia smoked constantly sadly during my time I've known four of them to die due to complications related to cigarettes but they did smoke like four packs a day

It's kind of fucked when you realize that the mentally ill and poor people are the ones who smoke and all that taxation just hurts people with the least amount.
>>
John Drobbernutch - Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:59:22 EST Ukjlx6xF No.174938 Reply
>>174934
I have schizophrenia, I was smoking about a pouch of ryo every 2 - 3 days, then discovered patches and gum, used the patches to wean off the cigarettes. Now I just chew the gum. The main negative effect from nicotine is that it suppresses the appetite, there's also the fact that you can't keep administering it forever, you have to have a period where there is no nicotine entering the body, then have more after the craving sets in. If I were to just constantly have it going I would get very sick, and it would lose its benefit. I do chew like 10 pieces of the gum a day, but the max that it says on the instructions is 20. 4mg gum means 40mg at 10 pieces assuming it all gets absorbed, which it doesn't. I was considering getting some dip, because it's more satisfying than gum, but then I though no it's not worth having drymouth and rough lips and gums for a little more satisfaction. Nicotine definitely does something for everyone, but I have quit from it before, but that only lasted about a year. One of the strange effects of gum is that if I'm already slightly sleepy, I get that boost in cognition when chewing gum, however as soon as I spit the gum out I get this pretty noticeable crash, where I feel even more sleepy than before I chewed it. It also has a slight effect in making it more difficult to fall asleep, although that's sometimes paradoxical, where I sometimes need one more before I can be relaxed enough to drift off.
>>
Eric Bugenhagen - Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:15:29 EST 1Phu7rw7 No.174939 Reply
I'm not a smoker and don't drink coffee, but found that administering caffeine and when it sets in boosting it with nicotine gum works quite nicely.
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Jarvis Heddlewater - Sun, 25 Jul 2021 12:13:28 EST iOL4PPJc No.174945 Reply
1627229608844.jpg -(104741B / 102.29KB, 540x540) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>174933
>as nicotine is a poison ironically to keep things from eating the plant
A surprising amount of psycho-actives found in plants originate that way, including caffeine, doesn't necessarily make them poisons in the way we think of poisons (also remember that the difference between medicine and poison by in large comes down to dosage amount).

Caffeine is an interesting example, because while it seems to have evolved as a defense mechanism, some flowers/plants that are pollinate by bees also contain caffeine, and rather than poisoning them it actually increases their general pollination amount (like productivity in humans), AND they'll seemingly remember and be more faithful pollinators to that plant. So while it is a toxin to some species that would prey on them, it benefits other species, making calling it a straight poison dubious at best.

>You eventually become addicted or you become an epicurean by that I mean you're going to eventually start smoking cigars or pipes or growing your own tobacco or buying whole leaf tobacco to make your blends, and also be addictied.
These assumptions about drugs being inevitably addictive really rubs me the wrong way, like the person has absolutely no choice once they come in contact with the substance, it's just nonsense. I'm about 6 months into my experimenting with nicotine (in gum form), and all I had to do was set two simple rules to have no troubles with addiction (so far, to be fair).
  1. Only take it once a day, and
  2. Always have at least one day inbetween doses
So far, I have no cravings, tolerance, need to increase dosage, desire to break the rules, sick feelings, side effects etc. I take a quarter of a 4mg piece, usually with some coffee, and I love the subtle sharpening and increase of focus for a good 2-4 hours, that subsides without any trouble at all.
I avoided nicotine for most of my life, because my mom had a lot of trouble getting off of cigarettes, and I always thought nic vapes were sketchy. But once I actually gave them a try in a mature and respectful way, I realized how much nonsense is taught about nicotine, like with most any other drug, just comes down to fear-mongering.
>>
Nell Feffingsud - Wed, 28 Jul 2021 19:44:51 EST soC1b8EH No.174946 Reply
>>174945
I've met a few people who smoked cigs everyday for a year and did not get addicted. I've never met anybody quite like me I started smoking at 13 I didn't get addicted until I was probably around 18 and then I was only addicted to smoking in certain settings so like if I was listening to music or writing I needed a cigarette but every other time I didn't need it. I stopped smoking due to poverty and then sometimes later legit addicted. Point being your 6 months of shit enjoy the ride I don't know what's going to happen to you but gum is one of the most expensive and fun forms of nicotine so I would recommend not doing it for more than once a day.

Something about being able to just have it in your mouth for hours at a time and get hits over long periods of time instead of just like the 5 minutes it takes to smoke a cigarette makes it more addictive for me. I really love the gum.
>>
Cyril Blytheford - Thu, 29 Jul 2021 18:39:43 EST OOLeANHa No.174947 Reply
1627598383639.jpg -(51638B / 50.43KB, 1280x490) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>174946
Yeah, I mean, it could just be that it doesn't tickle my fancy the way it does for some people, and that may be why I value it for it's utility but otherwise it's not really something I think about or necessarily look forward to, the way I would my DOC (weed). The on a day off a day is mainly just for tolerance and physical addiction, as I'm already physically dependent on coffee, which I definitely look forward to

By the way, I'm assuming you're talking about nicorette or something if you think it's expensive? I'm curious where you got that idea, because it looks to me to be by far the cheapest way to consume it, if you're actually looking for value options. I bought a 160-count box of 4mg pieces for just over $26 from amazon (their generic brand) when I started, and I only have a quarter of a piece at a time (from what I understand about cigarettes, 1-2mg is roughly what you'd actually absorb from a cigarette anyway). That means $25 for 320-640 doses, which is absurdly cheaper than any other method I'm aware of. That same box is available for $36 right now, so if for some reason you're under the impression it's expensive, definitely take a look at that, because out of all the drugs I consume regularly, it's actually by far the cheapest.

Hope I'm not letting the genie out of the bottle for you and enabling your addiction, but yeah, super surprised you seem to think it's one of the most expensive ways, when from my experience that couldn't be farther from the truth. $26 for a 5+ year supply of a drug is mind-blowing to me, seriously.
>>
Henry Deshmore - Sun, 01 Aug 2021 14:25:38 EST am/1zD6t No.174948 Reply
>>174947
Back when I last bought the gum it was like $52 for 28 pieces which was a month supply. This is dope and I'm probably going to buy it again, as far as I can tell on Amazon when you check out the milligram doses it is higher than a pack of cigarettes but you need to be aware of the fact that you're going to be tolerant of that 4r or 2 mg both of which are higher than a single cigarette. So if you count the the single prices of gum it comes out to be about $20 cheaper than a pack of cigarettes, as far as uses.

Also I grow about 400 tobacco plants every year so My cost is like 56 cents a pack. I think I am going to get the gum though
>>
Oliver Turveyshit - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:19:21 EST ElVgCsNy No.174989 Reply
Tobacco is an antiparasitic. There was some articles floating around about birds using them as nesting materials and it elminates the parasites in their nest. As well as being an old home remedy for deworming
>>
Wormwood Spinal Tap - Thu, 14 Oct 2021 11:58:26 EST 9O15mmny No.174991 Reply
>>174989
My new dealer says a sherm stick costs like 60$, no embalming fluid whatsoever. Seems pretty awesome tbh, thinking about going for it. My only hope is that it’s American Spirit because that’s what friends are for
>>
Hedda Sinkinstone - Fri, 15 Oct 2021 19:30:50 EST ElVgCsNy No.174992 Reply
>>174991
I'm not sure if you're lost, or if you're implying something here. Good luck with the pcp. I always wished I could try it
>>
Albert Grandforth - Sat, 16 Oct 2021 10:47:03 EST AG9JPThH No.174994 Reply
>>174992
I had laced weed once from this dumbass and he got beat the fuck up over it, it was not that good. But real stick is good bro, just say no to laced drugs. Plus there’s people who have to put up with getting cigs dipped in embalming fluid just because the street dealer doesn’t immediately trust them.
>>
Jarvis Hodgeworth - Wed, 29 Jun 2022 22:19:53 EST OoyJ3NgB No.175085 Reply
It makes you stop worrying and shit. Some I'm-in-the-zone bullshit ensues. If you feel stressed or worried, have a cigarette, said old drug-forums. As long as you're not stressed and at work. If you are schizophrenic it is known to work miracles with your psyche, including a near-relief (NOT cure) for the duration of effect, supposedly. Cigarettes are very good time-passers as well, smoke two more... And contrary to popular belief, you can smoke very many before you start to notice an impact in your health and the functioning of your lungs. It may make your teeth go yellow. The real problem is becoming addictive, being the most habit-forming drug on earth, it is known to create a monetary problem in poor peoples' lives. That is a miracle drug, says the native american. A demon of an miracle drug, says the european. Y'know what I mean?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.