Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Whelp it's official

- Sat, 21 Dec 2019 14:54:09 EST 1Q5/SVxm No.174518
File: 1576958049906.jpg -(214621B / 209.59KB, 1003x1417) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Whelp it's official
Just signed, you have to be 21 or older to buy tobacco from now on
>>
Alice Fuckingson - Sun, 22 Dec 2019 10:32:41 EST fALuHH6u No.174522 Reply
>>174521
Kinda wish it was like that when I was in college. Would have never started
>>
Archie Brudgecocke - Mon, 23 Dec 2019 21:37:16 EST c7DgkSUU No.174526 Reply
>>174525
IDK man I feel like if people want to smoke they will get it. Also is it going to be a misdemeanor now to possess it when your under 21?
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 13:52:39 EST HaUeOyIn No.174527 Reply
Shit, no one informed us. We didn't get an official letter, nothing from the boss...
Today, Christmas Eve, a cop comes in and tells my co-worker that he just sold to an under age girl and he/the shop are now in trouble. Co worker refutes this as he knows that customer personally and hangs out with her IRL, cop explains nothing.

After she leaves, I Google it and find out this new, very unamerican bullshit passed.
Why couldn't anyone tell us? Why couldn't the cop explain that instead of arguing with my co-worker that the 19 yr old girl was under age?

What a scummy way to go about this. Fuck this stupid all out war on tobacco products. Merry Christmas.

This post was edited by Therm0ptic on 24-12-2019 14:28:44
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 14:58:50 EST HaUeOyIn No.174528 Reply
Also this doesn't seem good in any way. Everyone who's 18, 19, or 20 will no longer be coming into smoke shops and spending money. Great way to kill business. Thanks.
Also why can you vote or fight in a war but not use a product that is deeply cultural for this country? Jesus just make all citizens live in a bubble and get it over with already. Fuck...
>>
Therm0ptic !cyBOrG7t12 - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 16:10:16 EST HaUeOyIn No.174529 Reply
>>174528
I asked a different cop and he said it's still 18 abd that they also never use people who are 18 years or older for those stings... So I guess she lied about her age to my co worker, or my co-worker is a liar.
>>
Archie Brudgecocke - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 18:51:15 EST c7DgkSUU No.174531 Reply
>>174529
Could be the cop also knows the girl personally, and just happened to witness it. I have witnessed such a sting take place in a restaurant and they did use a 20 year old girl to buy a beer, and then an ATF task force came in and told the server and owner we were in trouble, and slapped them with fines/court dates right then and there. If that didn't happen then you guys might be ok. Also in VA where I live we have had signs on the door of every store about the new law since January. But we went 21 plus in July I think. But yes I agree it is bs, and seems to just be creating new criminals. Will it now be a crime that is sought out like minor in possession of alcohol? Tobacco education courses for first offenders? Where will the madness end....
>>
Augustus Brezzlehun - Fri, 07 Feb 2020 01:38:09 EST yndebAgO No.174571 Reply
>>174518
Good. Im 24 and if tobacco hadnt been legal for 18 year olds in a bar setting (hookah) i would be a much healthier and more productive person. Theres no benefit to tobacco use.
>>
Eliza Debbergold - Fri, 14 Feb 2020 03:20:04 EST 5nsUJxuS No.174581 Reply
another long-term smoker here who supports this measure. prices seem to go up about 30-50 cents every month, too
>>
Frederick Boffingwater - Tue, 07 Apr 2020 02:02:26 EST q2dnUJeH No.174608 Reply
>>174518
When I was younger they raised the smoking age to 16. I think maybe 17. Something like that. I was surprised when i was asked for an ID. Most kids really had no ID that I knew at 16. Looking back going to keg parties and all lightning up a cig walking in really wasn't 'cool.' In school we were always late to classes because of a 5 minute period between classes. The principal didn't really give us a difficult time. Only got caught once and the teacher treated it like a huge deal. But we just knew where to smoke in plain view basically.
Usually had weed which made classes kinda like huh, as well. Cigs were just useless.
If it were outlawed I don't see a problem, a grow your own tobacco, or take the taxes out.
Each tax increase, people have always said, I will quit when it reaches$$ A pack. Basically it from $1.25 a pack to it's highest $6.75 $7.25 for the major brands. The prices have dropped to around $6.65 for main brands.
There used to be called generic brand at supermarkets. Generic was trade marked. Plain white groceries, bread, beer cigs. If you have seen the movie repo man 1986? They say lets go get a drink. Generic six packs of beer. Today the cheapes brands of cigs are $4.00. Occasionally thyeare good quality tobacco and made well.
Previous attempts of cheap cigs the cherry would without fail because the cherry would fall off right towards
what would be the last two or three drags of more commercial brands. The .gov put a stop to that. Literally they companies saved money by having less tobacco in their cigarettes which would cause this.
With the manipulation of nicotine carriers, like ammonia, cheap cigarettes would taste like ammonia
and would give you a headache after smoking one. Pretty hellish after drinking all night and smoking
one. When paying an extra buck or two would have been better.
If anything stop smoking because of the tobacco lobbyists in government, which tobacco was called the biggest health issue. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/07/11/tobacco-is-still-americas-top-health-threat-but-washington-doesnt-treat-it-that-way/
So the CDC (center for disease control) is at odds between it's own government. The big tobacco lobby and those who they cater to and vise-versa.

China's government I believe, among others encourages one to be 'good citizen' to smoke.

So if anything to do to thumb your nose at government dysfunction is to not smoke rather than to smoke. Be an individual outlaw by not smoking.
>>
Ronald Ganderbuilt - Sat, 11 Apr 2020 22:02:58 EST cWYAyJd6 No.174616 Reply
I think they should let anyone of any age smoke if they want to.
User is currently banned from all boards

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.