Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

RYO suggestions

- Tue, 08 Sep 2020 16:10:28 EST j4mySmum No.174747
File: 1599595828717.jpg -(400559B / 391.17KB, 1222x1911) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. RYO suggestions
I'm looking into rolling my own cigarettes, from what I've read, beretta tubes and D&R three sails tobacco seem to be the two that are highly recommended.

I like full flavor, Marb reds or Camel crush Bolds were my go-to. I'm looking for recommendations on tubes and tobacco.

If anyone RYO, please share experience
>>
Baltazaras Aklasis - Thu, 10 Sep 2020 05:14:18 EST DzML372G No.174748 Reply
1599729258815.jpg -(7155924B / 6.82MB, 4608x3456) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>174747
I've been on RYO for about 4 years now.
I've never heard of beretta or D&R three sails tobacco, so I assume we're from different regions and me suggesting my prefered tobacco/papers/filters would be pointless.

I've never used tubes. And never plan to. I prefer rolling with my own hands because it gives me more freedom and controll - how much tobacco is in there, how tightly the tobacco is packed and so on.
Also, when hand rolling you can make a lot of different combinations of filters-papers-tobacco. The amount of variations keeps it intresting and not redundant, I personally can't always smoke the same shit and have to switch it up from time to time by using different papers or baccy.

Hand rolling may be slightly more time consuming than using tubes, but even then, after enough practise it's about 20s per cig, so I dismiss the "don't have time for this shit" argument as invalid.

I could roll more slowly and carefully and make so that >95% of my rolled cigs would be perfect, but most of the time I don't bother as all I need is that they would be smokeable without issues, which is the case >99,9% of the time.

Moreover, you can roll wherever you are (it's significantly harder in bad weather such as rain, heavy winds, when your hands are freezing, but it's possible). I doubt you'll carry your tubing machine everywhere you go.

I have to admit that I hold a purist stance when it comes to tobacco and slightly look down upon:
>people using rolling or tubing machines;
>long time smokers regularly buying packs even though they're much more expensive than RYO;
(I buy a pack from time to time, although very occasionally)
>people using IQOS;
>vapes

I don't shun these kinds of people just because they do these things and I don't really give a shit what they're doing with their life and money, it's just that I don't parttake of those myself.
>>
John - Fri, 11 Sep 2020 15:13:16 EST 732j0pNY No.174750 Reply
>>174748

I've rolled before and don't have an issue with that. I'm getting a LB of tobacco so I'll have some to put in a to-go pouch or something.

Are those element filters? Full cotton filling? Im super interested in that I used to smoke camel non filters, and bugler's before the tax hike.
>>
Samuel Habbershit - Sat, 06 Nov 2021 14:10:58 EST gXIvQ+/U No.175017 Reply
1636222258344.jpg -(10114B / 9.88KB, 180x179) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
High card is cheap and viable if you're in the states. It tastes short of turkish premium but still quite rich. It rings true that you get what you pay for, I recommend you drop $20 on 24oz for the best experience, high card falls short of that too. imported tobacco from prime climate tastes great just saying.
Gambler is not as good.. it's my go to though due to the excellent price point. Gambler tubes are $3 a box and work fine so I recommend. Go to the smoke shop. They are bound to have what you need
>>
John Monningshit - Sun, 07 Nov 2021 22:23:21 EST QzX8IoAw No.175019 Reply
>>174747
In Canada rolling tabacco is just expensive as cigarettes if not slightly more, also the packaging sucks and non of the brand's come in resealable bags. That being said, I've tried drum and northfield, the latter being an organic brand grown more locally and the former a delicious European classic. The northfield cut was awful though, super dry and cut like the fake hay you see in cheap Easter ornaments
>>
Nathaniel Menkinpad - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:51:14 EST zxrTg4WT No.175032 Reply
>>175019
>super-dry
damn, It's likely the tobacco had perhaps gone stale & lost it's moisture after having sat behind the counter unsold too long - this is super common, esp. w/ tobacco products since the precise amount of humidity within the smoke product is key cornerstone to it's product delivery
>>
Samuel Saffingforth - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:22:30 EST oSzOWC1y No.175038 Reply
>here in balkans everyone prefers to roll cigarettes than buy a packet and good stuff to suggest from my experience are:
>best one being george karelias and sons orange or white it has a honey type smell and sweet taste
>old Holborn yellow if you are an average smoker
>american spirit for more exclusive occations
best tobacco products ive ever tasted
>>
Doris Hoffingmidging - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 21:22:51 EST XZQ64RXC No.175039 Reply
>here in balkans everyone prefers to roll cigarettes than buy a packet and good stuff to suggest from my experience are:
>best one being george karelias and sons orange or white it has a honey type smell and sweet taste
>old Holborn yellow if you are an average smoker
>american spirit for more exclusive occations
best tobacco products ive ever tasted
>>
Nathaniel Blenningkut - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 11:17:59 EST tyuTSPxJ No.175043 Reply
i often get the peter stokkebye norwegian or amsterdam shag, and exclusively hand roll, semi expensive in my remote town but is worth it
>>
Nicholas Pannercocke - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 14:33:07 EST rir1G32a No.175044 Reply
>>175043
I went through 40-60 Habanos in the past few months /tobacco/

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.