Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Addicted to Nicotine Through Vaping???

- Sat, 30 Jul 2016 02:16:52 EST y9D/FkE6 No.2792
File: 1469859412454.png -(1070577B / 1.02MB, 2000x2000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Addicted to Nicotine Through Vaping???
So here's something nobody on the internet is talking about.... Is it possible to get addicted to nicotine through vaping? People are saying yes and no, but have been addicted to cigarettes for 20 years so they have no real clue, so my question is this.

Has anyone here NOT smoked cigarettes, vaped, and then became addicted to nicotine?
>>
George Tillingway - Sat, 30 Jul 2016 02:18:15 EST y9D/FkE6 No.2793 Reply
Wow my thread pic glitched and became creepy
>>
Samuel Crinderham - Sat, 30 Jul 2016 03:26:36 EST DVDbbwuK No.2794 Reply
What? Are you fucking stupid or something? Nicotine is addictive. No fucking shit. Just because it's via a vape doesn't make nicotine rainbows and fucking unicorns.

And anyways fuck off and fuck you.
>>
Fuck Clubblewan - Sat, 30 Jul 2016 05:26:01 EST 5F8Wv9Rc No.2795 Reply
I was never a smoker but grew up around it all my life. I can tell when some one fires up a marborol red near me just because they smell good, like a yummy feeling. I would smoke Black and Milds every now and then at a party or some shit but never once smoked a cigarette. I started vaping instead of smoking blacks due to its accessibility and to help manage stress. I've been vaping for 3 years now, with the occasional break here and there when ever I get sick or some shit. Although I vape everyday now I wouldn't really say I'm addicted. Probably the only time I really really need to vape is when I'm driving, due to the stress.
>>
Fuck Clubblewan - Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:54:06 EST 5F8Wv9Rc No.2801 Reply
>>2799
Not like I am to pot, If I dont smoke bud once a day I get catatonic
>>
Scarecrow - Tue, 02 Aug 2016 06:37:10 EST D8sI4aRx No.2806 Reply
>yummy feeling
>3 years
>everyday use but wouldn't say I'm addicted
>probably the only time I need to vape
>probably
>need

still in denial
>>
Oliver Tootdock - Tue, 02 Aug 2016 14:02:17 EST 5F8Wv9Rc No.2809 Reply
>>2806
Funny enough I havent vaped since saturday due to being sick. We'll see how I feel come next saturday. Honestly I think its something I could drop.
>>
Angus Sittingfield - Tue, 02 Aug 2016 19:21:08 EST XYn3oUwq No.2811 Reply
>>2792

I smoked 17-22 and then started vaping for 15 months and now struggling to quit. I don't fit your criteria, but i feel i have insight to share.

I just replaced cigarettes with vaping, had no interest in quitting - replacing a 20/30 a day habit with pretty much vaping non-stop.

Upto 10/15ml a day @ 3mg max, usually 1 or 2mg.

Recently started trying to quit and have been relapsing around day 2 or 3, because damn how that sweet nicotine would keep me going in life.

IMO - vaping will absolutely manifest and maintain a nicotine addiction. I've never fully realised how real it was, until I started to try and quit. This is just as real as when I was quitting cigarettes cold turkey. Therefore, think of it like smoking when it comes to addiction.

If someone vapes 3ml @3mg a day for a year, chances are they can back out easily with brain chemistry that isn't fucked for nicotine. If someone was to vape 20ml a day @18mg for a year, the situation is obviously going to be a little more serious.

Know yourself when it is time to draw a line under stuff i spose, people introducing themselves to nicotine via vaping is just as addictive as smoking. BUT not everyone ends up feeling hooked on cigarettes just because there are a few moments during their day that they've became conditioned to wanting it. Akin to a coffee.

Some people are decisive and I respect that. When they quit, they quit for good. Know plenty of people who quit smoking just like that, boom. But others, they will not be able to stop, life will break them into submission.

I will tell you what the internet CAN tell you conclusively though. That vaping creates a lot of manbabies who don't want to quit. By removing the smoke element to the equation, people are now happy to just live their lives, maintaining a nicotine habit that can and will wreak havoc on your when you start to go without it. But no, they call themselves hobbyists, and that nicotine does x,y,z good things for them argument. That may be the case, but only when still addicted to nicotine. Stuck in a cycle, smoke or vape, don't matter.

You heard it here first, just watch as one year morphs into three and you can't show any restraint to vaping.
>>
Nicholas Tootbanks - Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:59:58 EST axofAl34 No.2812 Reply
My friend didn't smoke cigarettes and started vaping 0 nicotine juice. One day we both went to the shop for more liquid and they were out of 0mg of the flavors we usually got. I just decided fuck it, I'll try a new flavor (some cheap coffee flavor, sucked) but he just sprung for the lowest nicotine content he could find. Worked his way up in concentration tailing a nicotine buzz and now he smokes cigarettes too. He also drinks cough syrup and bought LSD tabs in bulk one time so it isn't so much the vape's fault in a way.
>>
Beatrice Bruffingsare - Sat, 06 Aug 2016 03:28:31 EST G8v7VXnt No.2835 Reply
1470468511049.gif -(20547B / 20.07KB, 556x328) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Is it possible to get addicted to nicotine through vaping?

Yes, without a doubt.

Nicotine is the main narcotic in tobacco.

props on the thumbnail pic, spooped tf outta me
>>
Phoebe Cimbleman - Sun, 07 Aug 2016 02:27:13 EST 0W80rS2G No.2836 Reply
Every dude at my college and in the local music scene.
Seriously these kids never smoked a day in their lives until they got into vaping for the sick clouds bro
>>
Matilda Hubbleman - Sun, 07 Aug 2016 07:33:43 EST U1x9ItaW No.2837 Reply
>>2836

Yeah but to be fair, both of those demographics seem pretty likely to have started smoking. Vaping was just an alternative there for them.

I do feel like this is a fact that gets overlooked. They might just end up vaping instead of ever smoking and so apparently they are faggots or whatever. But tbh, nobody every scrutinizes so closely when someone joins college and starts smoking.
>>
Barnaby Blathercocke - Sun, 07 Aug 2016 19:11:08 EST pX/wX+ir No.2839 Reply
Id say so. I could never handle cigarettes due to asthma, but when i tried a vape pen i found it didnt agitate at all, so i picked up vaping. now I go through a 30ml of juice in like 5 days and im trying to cut down because really all im doing is poisoning myself to relieve anxiety
>>
Clara Droffingbanks - Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:14:37 EST jzlZjtws No.2851 Reply
>>2837
This. College kids love to smoke. Every time I'd go to or leave classes there'd always be a dozen different people every time out there smoking and shooting the shit. They're better off vaping, though this is one of the reasons the FDA is cracking down on ecigs. The more people trying to catch cancer the better.
>>
Shit Narringsod - Thu, 18 Aug 2016 06:04:40 EST bY+dlNal No.2868 Reply
Nicotine by itself is less addictive than caffeine with more diminishing returns and very mild withdrawal effects. I've been vaping off and on for 3 years, I'm about to run out of Japanese cotton, probably going to quit out of sheer laziness.
>>
George Sugglekerk - Thu, 18 Aug 2016 10:14:57 EST TvuMkCMp No.2869 Reply
>>2868

Provide a source. Questionable rhetoric that may go unchallenged on a biased board.
>>
Sophie Wonkintid - Fri, 19 Aug 2016 00:34:32 EST 0W80rS2G No.2872 Reply
>>2837
Fair, I felt like vaping was all I ever w wanted when I startes smoking and quit instantly but i know them personally, and they would smoke cigarettes when they didn't have their vape on them. Some definitely became addicted. Some got addicted to the aesthetic
>>
Hugh Wenkinmun - Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:13:22 EST XYn3oUwq No.2873 Reply
>>2872

When you are young, it's just as much a lifestyle thing. Smoking and some level of social life or at least, access to social opportunities are strongly tied.
>>
Nathaniel Pillyridge - Sun, 21 Aug 2016 12:41:40 EST DnYtz/gI No.2880 Reply
>>2835
Nic is a stimulant, not a narcotic. The only case it would put someone to sleep outside of overdosing to pass out from heart issues is relief of insomnia from dependence.
That idiotic legal definition of narcotic smears the word into meaninglessness.
>>
Cyril Bebbleman - Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:31:11 EST MbvVF9+L No.2893 Reply
>>2792
Why the fuck would anyone assume you can't?
If it has nicotine in it and you make a habit out of it you can get hooked yes
Duh
>>
Thomas Pockwell - Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:57:21 EST JCB206Mu No.2894 Reply
lol this dumbass thread reminds me of one i saw on /hooch/ a while ago, they were asking if it was normal to feel nauseous after drinking alcohol
>>
Nigel Denderwell - Mon, 05 Sep 2016 22:54:32 EST TtRik3v6 No.2902 Reply
1473130472769.jpg -(13501B / 13.18KB, 255x255) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>is it possible to get addicted to nicotine
nigga, you are fucking stupid as hell.
shaking my damn head fam

you get MORE addicted because you are a piece of shit that will vape everywhere constantly whereas cigarettes you smoke on occasion outdoors (assuming you aren't a degenerate fuckboi).
My vape broke and I started smoking cuz I was stressed as fuck, and found out I was now a pack a day, where before I was only 2-3 smokes a day.
>>
Augustus Lightspear - Thu, 08 Sep 2016 00:39:07 EST WMl2mps6 No.2912 Reply
Yes nicotine is addictive, but its a different addiction than cigarettes. In addition to nicotine tobacco also contains harmine, a mild MAOI. So if you go to long without a smoke you experience both nicotine and MAOI withdrawal which is noticeably shittier than just nicotine withdrawal.
>>
Martin Sonkinlirk - Fri, 09 Sep 2016 18:09:01 EST obozSS8j No.2921 Reply
Jesus Christ the problem with legal drugs is that a bunch of idiots start thinking they must be totally harmless and nonaddicting because they're legal and can't handle it when the government lets us make decisions about our health on our own.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.