Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

What Lore would Winterhold (4th era) NOT know? Ignore Report Reply
Ammon Jerro - Mon, 13 May 2019 12:55:46 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.736856
File: 1557766546799.png -(2100374B / 2.00MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2100374
I want to role play a dedicated young Orc scholar(who lives for 2 things, battle and knowledge) whose only 2 reasons for traveling to Skyrim are for deep study at Winterhold(and to kill Ulfric too lol) to learn absolutely everything they can teach him there. I consider Master gro-Shub and Tolfdir to be the 2 smartest NPCs outside DLC. While I know a lot about TES Lore in real life, for this character I need to know what lore he would NOT be able to learn there.

So what kind of stuff would they not know in-game that I know in real life? For 1 example would they think that Talos (Tolfdir says by the nine a lot btw, not eight) is just Tiber Septim, or would they think Talos is 3 people(Zurin Arctus, Wulfharth, Tiber) sharing 1 oversoul?
>>
Raphael Sorel - Tue, 14 May 2019 03:46:22 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.736909 Ignore Report Reply
Probably a lot of the historical stuff from previous games and things that only the PC would know. Things like:
  • The current Sheogorath is the hero of Kvatch (information only known to that person)
  • Lots of information that was lost due to the 200-year time gap between Morrowind/Oblivion and Skyrim (just think of all the books that aren't present in Skyrim that were in older games, and look at how many important NPC's died during the Oblivion Crisis who never got to tell their tales to others)
  • Of course they wouldn't be able to learn the Psijic Order stuff as the order specifically doesn't work with the Mages Guild or College of Winterhold
  • My guess is that what your character would know about Talos would be largely from the book that still exists in Skyrim, "The Arcturian Heresy"
  • If your character doesn't come from Skyrim then it's likely they don't know a lot of the specific history and culture of Skyrim
  • Your character probably would not know of the (as of the time of Skyrim) ancient school of Mysticism magic
>>
Kain - Tue, 14 May 2019 09:55:33 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.736915 Ignore Report Reply
>>736856
I love how in three sentences he didn't really say anything. The voice actor is wonderful too
>>
Zerg - Tue, 14 May 2019 18:07:37 EST ID:SgXzLqYH No.736942 Ignore Report Reply
>>736856

As an orc scholar, how do you justify the murder of high king ulfric?

Tell me it's not for the sake of an empire that ceased to exist when they ceded Hammerfall and Skyrim withdrew
>>
Vyse - Tue, 14 May 2019 21:11:16 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.736948 Ignore Report Reply
1557882676366.jpg -(190368B / 185.91KB, 1600x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>736942

The 3rd and 4th Era Empires are the only governments that accept Orcs as equals.
>>
Vyse - Tue, 14 May 2019 21:17:18 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.736949 Ignore Report Reply
>>736942

If Ulfric wins, the Thalmor win the 2nd Great War because of a weakened Empire being cut off from its only other nation state, High Rock. That retard is basically assuring the extinction of men with his ego-driven rebellion. And the Thalmor probably despise Orcs and don't even view them as mer despite you needing their blood to open the lockbox for Mora's quest.
>>
thread portfolio - Tue, 14 May 2019 21:20:22 EST ID:FgQLy1hU No.736950 Ignore Report Reply
1557883222985.webm [mp4] -(4082521B / 3.89MB, 640x360) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>736949>>736948
>>
Witch of Izalith - Tue, 14 May 2019 23:11:23 EST ID:R1bL2/M8 No.736952 Ignore Report Reply
>>736950
Can you just stop posting forever, thatd be swell
>>
Yoshi - Wed, 15 May 2019 03:27:00 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.736964 Ignore Report Reply
>>736948
To be fair, Imperials weren't a real race until TES3 either
>>
Cole MacGrath - Wed, 15 May 2019 22:20:29 EST ID:SgXzLqYH No.737002 Ignore Report Reply
The fifth empire would accept orcs just as willingly, I'm thinking.

The Thalmor will definitely win a second war. The first ended prematurely. Hammerfall kept fighting after it was ceded, and they ground the elves to a halt. If cyrodil could through her soldiers back in, skyrim would follow. Against elves, no question. The Thalmor won so much more than they first expected, if they have time to put it to use they'll become too powerful. They need to be pressed immediately.

Instead, cyrodil sends her troops to attack skyrim? At the behest of the enemy?? It plays right into concordant hands. Why else would they outlaw worship of Talos?
>>
Frogger - Thu, 16 May 2019 11:40:39 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737017 Ignore Report Reply
1558021239436.png -(1695266B / 1.62MB, 892x1038) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Would they know about chim/dreamer theory? I say theory because I'm not convinced its true. And how about mantling?
>>
Frogger - Thu, 16 May 2019 11:43:39 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737018 Ignore Report Reply
1558021419436.jpg -(647963B / 632.78KB, 751x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Surely the college must know the lore of Vivec's technique of inserting his "spear" inside a tongue's mouth to silence their Thu'um.
>>
Pinky - Thu, 16 May 2019 16:36:04 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737023 Ignore Report Reply
>>737017
Maybe. The Tribunal Temple kinda fell apart as the three false gods either died or vanished. Shortly after that, the faith of the dunmer of Morrowind soon followed and most of them turned back to worshipping the Anticipations (now renamed to the Reclamations in the post-Tribunal world). Pretty much everyone who didn't leave mainland Vvardenfell died during the Red Year, so there likely aren't very many people around in the days of TES5 who both studied the sermons of Vivec so closely as to have gleaned knowledge about CHIM and who survived that long.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 16 May 2019 16:39:55 EST ID:qrPHyWe8 No.737024 Ignore Report Reply
>>737017
CHIM is proven to be true. Each player character has CHIM. That's why their actions shape history.

Basically CHIM is a gameplay explanation as to why you can access the command console, create new items in the dev kit, save the game and reverse time with save states. It's explained as unlocking the tower within the tower. YOU are the tower within the tower, the outer tower is your character. The tribunal gods had CHIM but it abandoned them (or in vivec's case he actually achieved full CHIM and realized that he is just an illusion) as they became complacent and bored with their unbeatable immortality, just like it's easy to get bored of the game if you cheat too heavily.
>>
Frogger - Thu, 16 May 2019 18:42:29 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737039 Ignore Report Reply
1558046549436.jpg -(170354B / 166.36KB, 1200x628) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737023

Its been awhile since I read the 36 Sermons of Vivec. How much detail does he go into about what CHIM actually is? Does he talk about the dreamer? Or Zero Summing? (I almost Zero Summed once)

>>737024

If the player achieved CHIM he would be able to talk about it in conversations with NPCs. Especially in Winterhold and the mages guild. I guess its plausible the M'aiq The Liar has CHIM, but I'm still not convinced its real. I could be wrong. But thats one of the things that makes Elder Scrolls Lore so rich, you don't know what the truth is a lot. Almost nobody does. Like you often hear the Daedric Princes' realms of Oblivion are all infinite in size, but I'm not convinced.
>>
George Stobbart - Thu, 16 May 2019 19:12:17 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737041 Ignore Report Reply
>>737024
Cool perspective, hadn't thought of it that way
>>
Trainer Red - Thu, 16 May 2019 20:36:42 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737045 Ignore Report Reply
1558053402122.jpg -(48301B / 47.17KB, 720x541) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>736915

The fact that Barbas, Vile, and Sheo have such interesting voice actors shows these Daedra have a wicked sense of humor, as alien as they may be to us. After all they can make their voice sound anything, and they choose this.
>>
Trainer Red - Thu, 16 May 2019 20:37:30 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737046 Ignore Report Reply
1558053450122.jpg -(143735B / 140.37KB, 652x727) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737045

OH SHIT! Wrong picture. Meant to post this one lol
>>
Dregs - Thu, 16 May 2019 21:59:17 EST ID:qrPHyWe8 No.737051 Ignore Report Reply
>>737039
Yes. He talks about how most people are dreamers. It's an explanation as to why most people in tamriel act like they're in a daze and just repeat the same phrases all the time. The woken ones are starting to achieve CHIM, and are the player characters. If one achieves CHIM, one would zero sum and cease to exist because then they realize that they are not. But in the case of a player character, the player says "no, I am" and becomes all powerful as a result. Because the NPCs do not think, they are not. Because you do think, you are.

The player has achieved CHIM and can talk about it with the NPCs if he wants, but he has to program the NPCs to be able to have that conversation. There's an important distinction between NPCs with CHIM and the player character. The NPCs that had CHIM became literal gods because they had access to the console or the creation kit. The sermons actually mention a point where vivec uses the console (not in those words, but it's mentioned) himself to alter reality. The whole 36 sermons of vivec are meant to explain that once the tribunal got access to the heart of lorkhan, they realized that they are in a virtual reality and remade it in their image. This is also why Cyrodil looks like a giant forest instead of it's original description, because the emperor had CHIM and changed the landscape before becoming Talos. Patrick Stewart KNEW he was going to die and decided to become a god instead.

CHIM is the explanation for design choices, paradoxes, and why everyone else is so dumb when the player character seems to have an easy time getting strong and rich.
>>
Trainer Red - Fri, 17 May 2019 10:39:03 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737071 Ignore Report Reply
1558103943122.jpg -(65823B / 64.28KB, 1000x524) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737051

Sotha Sil and Amalexia never achieved CHIM through the heart. Vivec actually claims he learned it for Molag Bal at some point after ascending to godhood. But I think he might be lying, or else why would his power be nearly depleted by the time of Elder Scrolls 3? (this does not prove or disprove CHIM exists however, I'm just not sure if Vivec achieved it)
https://www.circlejerk.com/r/teslore/comments/1cojzu/why_did_vivec_acheive_chim_when_the_other/?st=jvs609vs&sh=2de38362

Also Vivec speaks to the player as if he has CHIM and the player does not. Saying ""Hortator and Sharmat, one and one, eleven, an inelegant number. Which of the ones is the more important? Could you ever tell if they switched places? I can and that is why you will need me" in regards to the Enantiomorph. Though to be fair I don't know if he's talking about CHIM or the godhood granted by Lorkhan's Heart here.
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Enantiomorph

If the player achieved CHIM, shouldn't he also be omniscient in addition to the other perks? Take the murders in Windhelm and Markarth, he should already know who the murderers are before investigating. If he was a RP with strong morals, he would want to immediately solve the case before the killer strikes again.

The player also can't see the future, yet the Psijic Monks in the Winterhold questline seem to be able to. (We don't know if they achieved CHIM or not). They said they were looking into your future and knew you would be successful in finding the staff of Magnus in Labyrinthian. Lore wise, Labyrinthian is supposed to be the most difficult dungeon in Skyrim, lore friendly mods make it a lot harder. So it should be the Dragonborn's greatest challenge outside slaying Alduin and Miraak. They looked into your future and saw you would succeed against impossible odds, something the player can not foresee. Also why did the player not know what the Eye of Magnus was if he achieved CHIM? He needed the Psijics to tell him what it is(vaguely).
>>
Trainer Red - Fri, 17 May 2019 10:39:46 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737072 Ignore Report Reply
>>737071
*FROM Molag Bal.
>>
Dregs - Fri, 17 May 2019 14:00:32 EST ID:qrPHyWe8 No.737073 Ignore Report Reply
>>737071
You're looking at it wrong. You CAN do all those things. You are the player. Your mind dictates what the player character does. Your will power gives the character omniscience. Your ability to save the game lets you look into the future. You DO know who committed the murders, or at least you can look it up on google. That's the power of CHIM. The realization that this is a game world, and the ability to suspend disbelief is CHIM. With your save and load function, and the internet, you make the player character omniscient and immortal. It's not a deep philosophy. It's a joke.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec
Sermon 4 describes Vivek using the heart of Lorkhan and seeing that the reality he exists in is not real. It describes him seeing the game developer "The Chancellor of Exactitude". He met quality control and explained his existence to them, and they smiled and laughed when they realized his existence is genius. Then they handed him the tools to change his world, and the ability to see the outcome of his changes. He was handed access to the creation kit, which he used but then decided to stop messing with because he realized the temptation would be too great, and that suffering is necessary for a balanced mind.

What do you think one and one means? Vivec broke the fourth wall. He's talking directly to the player, as well as the player's character. Why was he so weak despite achieving CHIM? Same reason you get bored and don't finish a playthrough when all your stats are at 100 by using the console. It's boring and easy when you cheat. So he stopped cheating but found there were no challenges left. As for vivec speaking like the player hasn't achieved CHIM, that's because although he has great knowledge he doesn't have the ability to see if the Nerevarine has achieved CHIM because vivec can't see beyond the world that he knows is an illusion. Some nerevarine characters have fresh players who don't know the game. Vivec doesn't know if you're aware of how to finish the plot, and Vivec knows that he is an essential NPC.

And yeah I think vivec is lying about when he achieved CHIM because I believe he achieved it while he was in the heart. But his CHIM is different than player character CHIM because although Vivec is aware that he is in an illusion, he's not able to do anything about it. Vivec looked into the illusion and said "No, I am" but lost his ability to think like an NPC at that point, which made it so that he didn't care if Molag Bal was going to take over Tamriel. Realizing that he lives in an illusion took away Vivec's desires.
>>
Trainer Red - Fri, 17 May 2019 17:54:50 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737078 Ignore Report Reply
1558130090122.jpg -(230692B / 225.29KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737073

I can see it as at least a viable role-play for some characters, but I think most players don't want to play with the backstory for their character to be that their character is virtually infallible in every way. Most people play RPGs because they want to grow and overcome limitations on their own. And in Elder Scrolls especially, to craft your own backstory. I do.

Theres also the theory that Hermaeus Mora makes Mundus go back in time a few minutes every time you die for a do-over so as to guide the hero's fate.

And another theory that Boethia is the reason you level up, as his sphere includes overcoming limitations and growing stronger, making it the only RPG with a reason for why you grow so fast, theirs possibly a super natural force behind it. Although my theory on level-ups is the reason you look at the constellations of stars when you level up to pick perks is because its a talent unique to all Dragonborns. Remember Uriel Septim in Elder Scrolls 4 said he read your fate by studying constellations, and he was a Dragonborn too, as evidenced by him being able to wear the Amulet of Kings.
>>
Blanka - Fri, 17 May 2019 19:09:49 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737083 Ignore Report Reply
1558134589875.jpg -(61948B / 60.50KB, 960x564) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
This shit is deep man, I always knew Elder Scrolls lore was wacky but holy shit. Seeing you guys throw this shit back and forth is fascinating
>>
Ermac - Fri, 17 May 2019 21:53:12 EST ID:CMAOPcJv No.737096 Ignore Report Reply
>>737078
hermy just wants agents since he's not really the "go out to fuck with mortals" type. he steps in and scouts the skyrim hero because having near infinite knowledge lets him predict things and also his last employee wasn't working out anymore.

and applying fan theories to the damn level up screen is stretching it. it's the level up screen. sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
>>
Cutman - Sat, 18 May 2019 06:17:22 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737107 Ignore Report Reply
>>737083
Eh lots of things that have been evolving for 20 years are like this though.
>>
Space Invader - Sat, 18 May 2019 13:53:45 EST ID:0z+RVgZ0 No.737116 Ignore Report Reply
You niggas talking about this like it's just fake videogame lore.

Shit man, Lorkhan is REAL, and Nirn exists.

I drank some mushroom tea about 7 years ago, and while I was on the shitter, Lorkhan pulled me through the ceiling lamp towards Mundus. He showed me Nirn, the planets, the moons, the realms of Oblivion... everything.

I asked him how the fuck he could show me all those things, since you know, he's dead.
He told me:
"Shut the fuck up."
>>
Haohmaru - Sat, 18 May 2019 15:54:50 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737121 Ignore Report Reply
1558209290492.jpg -(118339B / 115.57KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737073

The problem with the player being the dreamer is the dreamer is supposed to be a metaphor. There is no other world for him to "wake up" to. He's not "located" anywhere. He's not even really a being as you and I know the word in the literal sense. Its like when Malacath said "You mortals always take things far too literal" in regards to being eaten by Boethia and shat out, turning him into a Daedric Prince and turning his followers into Orcs. Its not meant to be taken literally.

>>737096

Of all the theories in this thread, the constellations one is the most probable. Dragonborn are born with a talent to study the stars. They are not even technically stars actually. Stars(and the sun) in Elder Scrolls are 3-dimensional holes torn into the sky by Gods (The Magne-Ge) fleeing into Aetherius during creation who wanted nothing to do with Mundus or mortals. The starlight and sunlight are the source of all magic in the world. And constellations also play a huge role in determining one's fate depending on what birth sign they are born under, for example Tiber Septim was born under the sign of The Thief, which is why he betrayed his friends for more power so he can rule an Empire. He essentially stole the Empire because of his birth sign. Astrology is a real force in Elder Scrolls. It makes sense that the Skyrim Hero and Uriel Septim VII share a talent for studying the stars. They're both Dragonborn.

I doubt the level up screen in Elder Scrolls 6 will be constellations.
>>
Sabrewulf - Sat, 18 May 2019 17:24:41 EST ID:XTkbRuzQ No.737124 Ignore Report Reply
>>737116
You should take his advice about shutting the fuck up
>>
Ken Masters - Sat, 18 May 2019 17:56:42 EST ID:RJ+z6ASz No.737126 Ignore Report Reply
>>737121
Is astrology a real force in TES or are the superstitious residents of Tamriel who don't understand the physics behind their magic repeating the sort of mystical explanations people did about stars in our world before Galileo. The holes in the sky theory always struck me as in universe myth, its not a far leap from the Biblical Firmament where there was a heavenly ceiling that the stars were stuck onto like lanterns, which even Copernicus believed was what was around his heliocentric solar system.
>>
Cutman - Sat, 18 May 2019 19:51:15 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737135 Ignore Report Reply
>>737126
It's difficult to tell. In a world where magic and prophecy are actually real, I kinda feel like strange conceptions of the universe can be plausible too.
>>
Bob the Killer Goldfish - Sat, 18 May 2019 20:09:49 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737136 Ignore Report Reply
>>737126

In the old games you choose the star you're born under, and that gives your character special passives/actives

Thus astrology is a real force in TES
>>
Paperboy - Sat, 18 May 2019 20:37:26 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737138 Ignore Report Reply
1558226246519.png -(1053747B / 1.00MB, 1201x665) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737126

Speaking of Galileo, Nirn (the planet the game takes place on) is the center of the universe (in the realm of Mundus of course) in Elder Scrolls, everything revolves around it. Nirn doesn't orbit the sun.
>>
Riku - Sat, 18 May 2019 20:57:06 EST ID:Mz5DvYKJ No.737139 Ignore Report Reply
1558227426504.jpg -(66966B / 65.40KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737138
Is the Morrowing/Skyrim/ES series worth getting into?
>>
Paperboy - Sat, 18 May 2019 21:05:06 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737141 Ignore Report Reply
1558227906519.jpg -(221246B / 216.06KB, 1000x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737126

I think in the 1st Era the High Elves had Sun-birds that took them to the stars to reach Aetherius through them, but that may be an in-universe myth. But given birthsigns having a measurable effect on people, Dragonborns scrying through the stars, prophets to predict things like this via magical clairvoyance(which is relatively common in Elder Scrolls), open communication between mortals and Daedra who may shed light on the subject, etc. It seems pretty likely that they are holes in the sky from Magne-Ge who fled Mundus during creation.

The stars/sun are the source of all magicka energy, so you'd think the mages would be aware of it if they study magic.
>>
Bob the Killer Goldfish - Sat, 18 May 2019 21:14:45 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737142 Ignore Report Reply
>>737139
Yes.
>>
Primordial Serpent Kingseeker Frampt - Sat, 18 May 2019 21:35:18 EST ID:XTkbRuzQ No.737143 Ignore Report Reply
>>737139
Id say try oblivion first. Although Morrowind has a deep place in my heart, Oblivion is easier to get into. While Skyrims great, they removed/changed alot of things to make it very different experience than the earlier games.
>>
Paperboy - Sat, 18 May 2019 21:35:57 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737144 Ignore Report Reply
1558229757519.png -(1974172B / 1.88MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737139

Getting into the lore but don't know where to start? Read the story of the 1st 2 games online, they haven't aged well enough to play today. Then download the morroblivion mod instead of playing vanilla Morrowind, it makes it a lot more playable(better combat, quest markers, etc). Then play Oblivion. Then Skyrim. Don't skip the DLC, especially in Oblivion. Read every ingame book you find. Browse the Imperial Library online. And use the TES lore sub on circlejerk. There's also a lore forum on the elder scrolls website, its the first thing to come up if you type "Elder Scrolls Lore Discussion" on google. But it may spoil game content if you read before you play, so thats up to you. I say do both at the same time though.

Honestly we should have an Elder Scrolls Lore board on 420chan. There's more than enough to discuss about it to warrant it.

I haven't played Elder Scrolls Online yet, so MAYBE play that before Morroblivion since it takes place chronologically before it. But I could be wrong, it may be like watching Star Wars for the 1st time starting with episode 1.
>>
Paperboy - Sat, 18 May 2019 21:43:42 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737146 Ignore Report Reply
1558230222519.png -(3619664B / 3.45MB, 1920x1008) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737139

If you play Skyrim, make sure you download the Interesting NPCs mod. It adds a lot to the lore. It adds a lot of people, 25+ followers(some with over thousand of lines of dialogue each), 15+ marriage options, and 50+ quests. You might want to use a guide for it if you're a completionist, as some of the quests are hard to find.
>>
Ryu Hayabusa - Sun, 19 May 2019 02:33:06 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737152 Ignore Report Reply
>>737144
We won't find out until TES6 is released whether or not the ESO lore is canon though. What if it's not official?
>>
Ratchet - Sun, 19 May 2019 06:57:51 EST ID:cqXHNMKT No.737158 Ignore Report Reply
>>737144

>I haven't played Elder Scrolls Online yet, so MAYBE play that before Morroblivion since it takes place chronologically before it. But I could be wrong, it may be like watching Star Wars for the 1st time starting with episode 1.

It'd be more like watching Enterprise or Discovery first over TOS or TNG.
>>
Paperboy - Sun, 19 May 2019 15:35:37 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737166 Ignore Report Reply
1558294537519.png -(649696B / 634.47KB, 900x653) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737152

I doubt it but I wish it was non canon. The Nords and Dark Elves form an alliance after The Battle of Red Mountain which is lame, they were always supposed to be ancient arch enemies ever since that war. All so the game can have some shitty faction system. Even the Argonians are part of this "faction", they would never work with the Dark Elves because they've been enslaving them for millennia. They raped the lore for lame game mechanics.

I also hear Sithis is an actual being in ESO instead of the void itself. Hes supposed to represent total nothingness. What is Sithis? Sithis isn't. (although it could be a trickster entity like Mephala posing as Sithis to manipulate mortals perhaps)

They also treat Orcs with a high degree of equality even though it was centuries before the 3rd Era Empire. At that point in history Orcs were considered little more than vermin by civilized society, with rare exceptions such as the immortal Orc Librarian at the College of Winterhold.

Its also a lame repeat of what happened in Elder Scrolls 4. Molag Bal invades Tamriel. It steals away from the weight and originality of The Oblivion Crisis. I always liked that there was nothing like Methrunes Dagon's invasion in Tamrielic history, something unique. Thats the best they could do?

Not sure which of these things are the gayest. But I still plan on playing it of course, the lore may be the worst yet in the Elder Scrolls series but I still want to stay up to date on all the story.
>>
Paperboy - Sun, 19 May 2019 17:10:06 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737169 Ignore Report Reply
How did arch-mage Shalidor die? I haven't played ESO yet, so maybe they cover it in that. Is he in it? You'd think he'd be skilled enough to not die in battle(did he even like/do battle?) or die of old age. So what happened to him? Isn't he on the same level of Master Neloth and the Psijics, who are immortal?
>>
Bob the Killer Goldfish - Sun, 19 May 2019 17:27:49 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737170 Ignore Report Reply
>>737169
He shows up in ESO, but I'm not gonna elaborate more to not spoil you

Also because I barely remember
>>
Paperboy - Sun, 19 May 2019 17:33:51 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737171 Ignore Report Reply
>>737170

Is the College of Winterhold in ESO? Or did they gay the fuck out of ESO?
>>
Paperboy - Sun, 19 May 2019 18:11:19 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737172 Ignore Report Reply
1558303879519.jpg -(61781B / 60.33KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737169

Replying to myself. I wish there was a conversation option with Master gro-Shub at the College of Winterhold to say "You're an Orc, did you love battle in your day?". There's always been a debate among Elder Scrolls Lore scholars (both in-game and IRL) as to whether the racial differences in TES are nature or nurture. I like to believe its nature. I think Orcs naturally thirst for blood and battle(though culture also plays a big part too). After they all they start with an ability in Skyrim called Berserker Rage, nulling their ability to feel pain and doubling their damage output(+100% damage resistance and +100% offense damage for 60 seconds). This would imply they have a naturally high aggressive nature, like the Krogan. But I've debated with TES lore experts who believe the difference between races is purely nurture, purely cultural. Discuss?
>>
Pyramid Head - Mon, 20 May 2019 07:03:51 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737230 Ignore Report Reply
>>737166
I'm kinda really hoping that they find some way to make the ESO lore non-canon.
>>
Tetra - Mon, 20 May 2019 08:52:03 EST ID:93voU8ra No.737236 Ignore Report Reply
>>737230
Warning
The game you are about to play is canon.
>>
Zidane Tribal - Mon, 20 May 2019 10:02:08 EST ID:JAfM/azk No.737241 Ignore Report Reply
1558360928401.png -(631188B / 616.39KB, 960x772) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
If I had to see this shit you have to too
>>
Kim Kaphwan - Mon, 20 May 2019 10:10:25 EST ID:cvQwyq4W No.737244 Ignore Report Reply
>>737241
that fucking image. i lold at work and everyone got up and looked at my way.
>>
Marshall Law - Tue, 21 May 2019 12:50:29 EST ID:xH3Qk3i8 No.737333 Ignore Report Reply
>>737241
Joke's on you, I just find it hilarious. Sorry about the trauma, though.
>>
Matt Baker - Tue, 21 May 2019 18:06:36 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737347 Ignore Report Reply
1558476396643.jpg -(265427B / 259.21KB, 1024x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I think there is a supernatural force in Elder Scrolls that makes people "have to" worship Gods, maybe not even a conscious act on the God's part. Just a force of nature. Namira is the Goddess revulsion, essentially the Goddess of shit, so best way to worship her is to literally consume your own excrement. Yet lots of people do worship her. They are drawn to construct massive shrines dedicated to her in the wilds. Why? It seems like they can't control it to me.
>>
Radical Rex - Tue, 21 May 2019 21:04:13 EST ID:4VPVikJ9 No.737350 Ignore Report Reply
>>737347
I think that in a game world where the gods are able to physically manifest themselves in various ways in the world and in which there are multiple known gods that I think it makes a lot more sense for most people to worship at least one of the gods.
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Tue, 21 May 2019 22:05:19 EST ID:S4c8HFon No.737352 Ignore Report Reply
>>737126
>>737135
nothing goes into much detail on this but it is recognized that mundus is itself a realm floating in the void or cosmic aether or w/e, and other 'stars' visible from mundus are realms unto themselves. the aedra/divines/gods are associated with the 'stars' also i think, though they're generally explained as existing like behind everything, different than daedra who inhabit/represent their personal realms within existence in general.
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Tue, 21 May 2019 22:28:42 EST ID:S4c8HFon No.737353 Ignore Report Reply
>>737347
daedra aren't like the divines who just chill and enjoy unlimited power over reality behind the scenes. daedra have their personal realms which are basically extensions of their personal being, but their power is very limited in places outside their realm, hence they seek out mortals who can help them gain a foothold to extend their reach into mundus.

the namira people tend to be creepy fuckers in general, never heard of them eating shit, mostly they seek to be reviled by others. the skyrim ones ate dead people though. basically all daedra seek out their preferred flavor of mortal and reach out to them. namira just seeks out the cannibals and turd consumers and tells them they're awesome and btw if you start me a cult i'll give you a magic shibbledibble.
>>
Gannondorf - Wed, 22 May 2019 12:35:18 EST ID:tsamVJxk No.737370 Ignore Report Reply
1558542918795.jpg -(632130B / 617.31KB, 1024x1466) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>737353

Its hardly worship if you ask for something in return.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.