Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

Splatoon 2

- Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:08:33 EST WzUxP5bo No.740254
File: 1563124113413.jpg -(566548B / 553.27KB, 1000x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Splatoon 2
Is Nintendo really cutting support for Splatoon 2?

I just logged on to find out that they are having their final splatfest (Chaos vs. Order) and now it makes me sad because this was one of the games that made me want a Switch but ended up being unable to play it after I fucking bought it because of internet bullshit.

Now that I am able to play it (I got a new router basically, that's how I solved that internet bullshit) and now this happens.

Please tell me this is just the end of the Splatfests and not the end of online support for the game.
>>
Riku - Sun, 14 Jul 2019 13:41:13 EST FI5TpCN8 No.740256 Reply
>>740254
It's just the end of splatfests and probably content updates. Balance patches will continue and I believe they add the ability to watch splatfest performances at any time after too. Hopefully there will be a way to access the shifty stations, that's something that wasn't in Splatoon 1 so it's a bit of a question mark.
>>
Cyan - Sun, 14 Jul 2019 14:59:34 EST vrQiXcHX No.740264 Reply
>>740254
Last I heard they are going to add an option to run your own mini splatfests?

The online play will remain active until a Splatoon 3 comes out so no worries there. I haven't played in a while but I should probably jump on to witness the final fest.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:42:21 EST w5pLayIE No.740293 Reply
>Please tell me this is just the end of the Splatfests and not the end of online support for the game.

Yes. While they're not doing Splatfests anymore since they're focusing on development for Splatoon 3, they'll still support it. They did the same thing for the first game and that's still being supported. I've played these last couple of Splatfests and they're pretty funny especially seeing what the Shifty Station looks like. I like playing Turf War more than the ranked modes in contrast with my friend but it's a really good online multiplayer game on Switch.
>>
Haohmaru - Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:28:42 EST WzUxP5bo No.740299 Reply
>>740293
How do you actually participate in the splatfests? Is it as simple as joining a side and playing regular battles? I'm at level eight right now so the ranked and league battles aren't available to me yet. I feel like I have a late start to this game and I bought it when it launched.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Mon, 15 Jul 2019 14:49:35 EST w5pLayIE No.740301 Reply
>>740299
>Is it as simple as joining a side and playing regular battles?

Yeah you just choose a side in Inkopolis Square.

During a Splatfest, Regular and Ranked Battle options are not available as they are temporarily replaced by the Splatfest Battle option, which is just Turf War. These are then seperated into Normal and Pro modes. Normal mode lets the player either start solo or battle with two to four friends by joining together in a private lobby before choosing to find other random players. Players from the same team can continue being matched up together in the same lobby if they choose to continue after the end of a match. Pro mode works identically to how Solo mode worked prior to this version; the player cannot team up with friends and is automatically matched with three other players.

You can read more about it here - https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest#Splatoon_2

>I'm at level eight right now so the ranked and league battles aren't available to me yet.

Yeah it takes a bit of time to get up to 10 in order to access that but ranked is fun especially Splat Zones and Tower Control. I haven't been able to play League Battle since that's only available if you're teaming up in a private party of up to 4.

>I feel like I have a late start to this game and I bought it when it launched.

I mean I remember when I bought Splatoon after I launched, I barely ever played it and didn't really participate in the Splatfests though I regret that now. Fortunately I got my friend into it and she really liked it, which is why I got Splatoon 2 and it's one of the main online multiplayer games I play besides Halo 5/MCC/Reach. I can give you my friend code if you want.
>>
Cyan - Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:33:53 EST vrQiXcHX No.740317 Reply
1563244433477.jpg -(74503B / 72.76KB, 637x512) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>740314
I think he means the people in the plaza area. I've seen so much bizarre and funny art there.
>>
Roxas - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 10:55:04 EST Gbx4cP4S No.740337 Reply
I wanted to like S2 but being forced into a 50% win rate in turf war on top of being matched against people at higher ranks with weapons I haven't unlocked really turned me off of it. I also have a version that doesn't match my location so lag is terrible since for whatever dumbass reason the servers you use are tied to your version instead of location. I even bought a USB router to see if that helps and it did slightly but not enough to matter. Plus when you factor in the input lag from the switch motion controls... ugh.

Even if I could get past that, it seems everyone is playing a different game in turf war. Some people just slay and don't paint, some people only paint, some people are just completely useless and without any way to communicate with your team it's just a whole lot of frustration and work that amounts to nothing.

The single player was alright. Felt really easy outside a few rail sections. The PvE mode is miserable and frustratingly difficult early on because no one knows what to do and you have to win matches to rank up but it's kinda tricky to win if you don't know how and the game doesn't really teach you. (see: goldie waves)

Splatfests are an interesting concept but as a solo player getting matched against the team with 10+ consecutive wins and getting stomped into the floor every other match is not particularly fun.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 13:46:26 EST 7SQKm/p/ No.740341 Reply
>>740337
I agree that winning Turf War it's pretty much luck-based depending on the strategy and weapons that your teammates employ. Me personally, I always first ink the space on our team's side and then ink over the other team's ink and splat others. For Turf War, I always use a roller and make sure I got ink saver (main), ink resistance up, ink recovery up, and ability doubler.

>Plus when you factor in the input lag from the switch motion controls... ugh.

Are you using the Joycons? I primarily use the pro controller since I usually play with my Switch docked so it's not an issue though with bad internet it doesn't help.

>The single player was alright. Felt really easy outside a few rail sections. The PvE mode is miserable and frustratingly difficult early on because no one knows what to do and you have to win matches to rank up but it's kinda tricky to win if you don't know how and the game doesn't really teach you. (see: goldie waves)

Are you talking about Salmon Run? It can be confusing at first of navigating where the waves are coming from and then taking the eggs to the goal. Only downside with that is getting a weapon that you don't like, which for me is the Charger. I really haven't played Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion enough but from what I've played, it's challenging but fun to play except if you go into debt from retrying the stages so many times.
>>
Roxas - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:12:53 EST Gbx4cP4S No.740347 Reply
>>740341
It's not luck based. You're forced into a roughly 50% win rate unless you're good enough to carry your entire team. You'll win a few matches and get matched against people better than the last ones until you start losing then you get matched against people worse than the ones you lost to until you hit a balance. Your teammates also factor in so there will be times where your team just completely shits on the other side because you're all due for a win and there will be times where you're the one getting shat on because you're due for a loss.

The pro controller just doesn't feel right with the motion controls for me, just using my right hand feels easier when I'm used to using a mouse. I'm told there's no difference between the pro and joycon's input speed. There's like a 0.143s input delay for the motion controls on switch which is basically like having 143 ping at a lan party. Tack on actual ping to that and you're probably rocking 200+ ping at any given time for a local match and probably 500+ for overseas.

Salmon Run, yeah. If even one teammate disconnects the entire match is wasted because of how brutally hard it gets. Plus with the way tiering works all the good players are already at top tier and all the bad / new players are stuck at the bottom.
>>
Cyan - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:08:29 EST vrQiXcHX No.740355 Reply
>>740347
Nintendo games seem to work like this. I remember reading an interview, I think about Mario Kart, explaining the way NPCs adjust difficulty to "create a story" out of the match.

Fuck you Nintendo if we want to get good and crush the competition let us. Nobody wants artificially placed challenges to make things more interesting.

It is cool they put in so much effort to make things interesting. I wont deny that I respect the concept and think it's well intended.
>>
Cecil Harvey - Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:50:49 EST z0/QNItS No.740357 Reply
>>740355
Yes and no. I think Roxas is talking about the way pretty much any ranked/rated matchmaking system works. On the whole you'll have a rank that reflects your skill. Sometimes you'll win a few games and end up a bit above that and sometimes you'll lose it and end up below. Sometimes you'll win a few and come up against someone who's below their rank and get completely kerb stomped and vice versa but overall you'll average 50% wins once you get to your correct level. The measure of skill isn't your win to loss ratio but how good the players you're matched with are and how many people you'd crush if you ended up against them.

However what you're talking about is a thing, I only know how it works in mario kart. Itdoesn't just affect bots. The powerups you get are dictated by your position and whatever mode you're in, it's much harder in first than second and last gets constant stars/chain chomps. Overall the stronger player will stay ahead of the game more often than anyone else and so will be in the lead at the end of the race pretty often but it can lead to some bullshit where unless you're MILES better than everyone else you might be winning the entire match and then eat 2 blue shells in sight of the finish like and end up in 4th. The actual skill of bots in Karting games is determined by the CC rating so the same way you can be massively better than players you can crush bots. They won't get better, they'll just get more useful powerups, which can only close the gap so much. It's both good and bad and it'd be nice to have the ability to enable or disable it. It makes it a better party game or game for people with mixed ability but it renders a serious reliable test of skill a bit dubious.
>>
Conker - Wed, 24 Jul 2019 19:25:50 EST WzUxP5bo No.740693 Reply
>>740254
The fact that I didn't get to play this game during the entirety of updates due to my internet being shitty and the people in my household being fucking retards when it comes to taking steps toward fixing it. I feel like I missed out on this game. Please tell me there are still going to be people playing this game since I am still fearful that now that the final splatfest is over nobody is going to give a shit about it. There is going to be a feature where you could host your own splatfests, right? That should still increase the lifespan on the game at least, yes? I'm only a level fucking eight and I bought this game when it fucking launched.
>>
Billy Blaze - Wed, 24 Jul 2019 20:18:10 EST Gbx4cP4S No.740696 Reply
>>740693
People will likely keep playing until S3 or a similar game comes out for the Switch as there's not really anything else like it right now and people have already invested a lot of time into it.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Thu, 25 Jul 2019 00:25:43 EST w5pLayIE No.740701 Reply
>>740693
There's still people playing the first Splatoon so you'll be fine.
>>
Sonya Blade - Thu, 25 Jul 2019 02:52:23 EST A0EiJyuw No.740708 Reply
>>740693
the splatfests were more for added fun, all the srs bznss players only played for ranked and splatfests had nothing to do with ranked so you'll probably be good

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.