Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

Jack is gross

- Sat, 17 Aug 2019 15:14:05 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741662
File: 1566069245387.jpg -(97913B / 95.62KB, 667x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Jack is gross
Any mods to for Mass Effect 2 and 3 to remove her tattoos and give her hair?
>>
Felicia - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 16:37:03 EST T6MhRsNG No.741665 Reply
Why does every single female character have to be a fucking waifu for you, why are you so entitled

People like you are the worst
>>
Garcia Hotspur - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:09:36 EST cD+qQIk0 No.741666 Reply
are there any mods that keep that hair and tattoos but give her a giant floppy penis?

asking for a friend
>>
Soma Cruz - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:27:57 EST N3FFbTWx No.741669 Reply
1566077277826.gif -(1301806B / 1.24MB, 320x213) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741665
>getting mad about changing the appearance of a video game character on someone else's copy of the game
>>
Augustus Cole - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:40:13 EST ElXDc0JN No.741671 Reply
1566078013955.png -(29354B / 28.67KB, 274x296) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Yeah I get what you are saying, Jack is definitely my favorite character in ME2 but man she sure is ugly. Tattoos in general are disgusting but when it covers the entire body of your bald headed "too angry to die" space bitch it's a bit too much to swallow.
>>
Goro - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 18:13:02 EST 1PRipo9X No.741674 Reply
>>741669
Getting mad at something on the internet is not the same as disdaining something on the internet, we should all know this by now
>>
Isa Jo - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 19:06:41 EST B8Sy1Aw2 No.741675 Reply
ME2 was trash. I underestimate how many retards there are like OP buying games just to have a really shallow girlfriend simulator. I now understand people like that shit game solely because there were a few attractive CGI women. You know what I could make a lot of money off such idiots...
>>
Nariko - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 19:10:08 EST AL25j+4c No.741676 Reply
>>741675
>You know what I could make a lot of money off such idiots...

I sincerely doubt you're smart enough to get layed in a whore house with a fist full of hundreds.
>>
Sinistar - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 23:24:55 EST 5LYJws1L No.741684 Reply
>>741675
ME2 was a actually a good game. Granded ME1 was the best, and there after 2 its anyones taste. But your shitty argument about ME2 is shitty.
>>
Glacius - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:12:24 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741687 Reply
>>741684
>>741677
There's nothing to understand. It was a terrible atrocious waifu simulator that's it. They stripped out all the rpg elements for a completely on rails garbage EA tier FPS with a bad cover mechanic and blew most of the budget on Hollywood actors. The game itself was completely fucking terrible. I'm never going to play ME again purely because there's no way in hell I'm going to suffer through 2 to get a save file for 3. It was also turned from a PC rpg into typical console oriented shitfest. Just think about how indescribably stupid the final boss scene was.

If you liked Mass Effect 2 it's all the proof I need you have terrible taste in games.
>>
Sinistar - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:34:29 EST 5LYJws1L No.741690 Reply
>>741687
>>741687
What exactly are you mad about? ME2 wasnt never a waifu simulator, just a regular "create your own game/creator generator" we will slap some RPG elements like D&D in space, because that is what it is. If you take out the creator creation, you basically have nothing. Or are you mad that EA fucked a perfectly good D&D in space, or that you cant make basic movements without actors? because its difficult as shit to animate without people performing it, unless you want to back to shitty as tank controls.. But I am just assuming you know that. You realize you dont need to go through the save file of 2 to 3 right.. And there is no need too, because 3 was awful, and really all you needed to do is stop in 2.
>>
Player One - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:46:51 EST x7c1tHDd No.741691 Reply
>>741690
Come on now, I see your point but let's not pretend ME2 wasn't a waifu/husbando simulator.
>>
Zidane Tribal - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 01:49:25 EST BqZ3681z No.741692 Reply
>>741687
>It was also turned from a PC rpg into typical console oriented shitfest

Mass Effect launch on the 360 and didn't get ported to PC until a year later you dumb faggot.
>>
Sinistar - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 02:07:04 EST 5LYJws1L No.741693 Reply
>>741692
I never said it went to PC to a console there after, other then it emulated the impression you stupid fuck. What part dont you dont understand?? Unless you want to argue the fact that "uhh, wait it was pen and paper first." I never said that.
>>
Sinistar - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 02:36:00 EST 5LYJws1L No.741696 Reply
>>741695
Thats like saying RE1 is a boring as fuck.

Unless you like fast action bullshit that goes nowhere (plenty of FPS I can name). ME2 was somewhat of an improvement. The problem is that many games try to emulate, DOOM. And I get it, but they are not DOOM.
>>
Player One - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 02:44:53 EST x7c1tHDd No.741698 Reply
>>741697
Mass Effect had potential but that's about it. It all went down the drain with ME2.
>>
Sinistar - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 03:30:39 EST 5LYJws1L No.741699 Reply
>>741698
Well thats the issue, its what you make of it "Your Potential", most people if anything many people thought it was good. Little people think like you, and the majority dont believe so, that is why there is a sequel to it. But you are wrong to think, that it was bad. It was a stepping stone that got out of hand, I give you that. But to really say ME1 and 2 are bad is bad trolling.
>>
Glacius - Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:07:35 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741716 Reply
1566162455738.jpg -(29642B / 28.95KB, 600x696) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741690
Mass Effect 2 was far worse than even Mass Effect 3. The controls were also far shittier. And as for content, do you mean the base game? Because why the fuck should I pay for a game that's so completely garbage on it's own you can literally only justify it for getting mods? Because that isn't a game; that's an empty game engine.

You'll notice no one here has ever actually said what parts of that game were so good or what they had fond memories over.

Because every single mission was boring as fuck, tedious, and utterly forgettable hallway shooter on rails punctuated by lots of equally forgettable cut scenes. Oh. And waifu simulator.

But it wasnt even good for that because the entire time the socializing felt like the cringiest fucking bullshit ever like dealing with teen family drama. Girl with the tattoos is the typical edgy annoying hostile 17 year old girl. They replaced Wrex with an even more cringy 13 year old boy called Grunt. And then I guess, M whatever her name was, Miranda I think? being like some bored housewife and then generic black dudebro is all like, hey I have some personal family drama of my own.

Every single piece of that game was fucking shit and if EA hadn't shilled it to death and instead got sold as an indie game everyone would rightfully be shitting on it as nothing but a really below average on rails FPS game. Singularity for example was far, far better than Mass Effect 2, had better combat, better controls, a more interesting story, and probably ultimately had more meaningful choices too.

Go back and play it again as an adult. You'll realize what a terrible fucking game it truly is and always was.
>>
B.B. Hood - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:31:19 EST dg0QTNJE No.741735 Reply
>>741728

The only rational post ITT. I'm sure if I were to go back and play Mass Effect, I would cringe at everything.
>>
HK-47 - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:50:24 EST 8rXKQ28R No.741736 Reply
1566226224658.jpg -(53577B / 52.32KB, 465x498) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I've always hated Mass Effect. I never even finished the first game. It's a trash series by a trash developer. Bioware is complete, complete shit. KOTOR was only playable because of the Star Wars atmosphere. They have never actually made a "good" game. Fuck Baldur's Gate too. You want a real 90's RPG, go play fuckin' Planescape Torment or Arcanum or Fallout.
>>
Bolozof Velasgo - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 10:51:46 EST pbzOVHfS No.741737 Reply
1566226306711.png -(219504B / 214.36KB, 516x678) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741735
Both Revelation and Ascension were amazing. If you haven't read either books than you have no idea what the game was really about.
>>
Black Whirlwind - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:06:08 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741738 Reply
>>741737
Gotta read the codex too. This game goes really far out of its way to explain its science. And how alien evolutionary biology later tends to effect a race's culture in the modern age.
>>
Augustus Cole - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:44:32 EST 1PRipo9X No.741742 Reply
>>741736
>Fuck Baldur's Gate too. You want a real 90's RPG, go play fuckin' Planescape Torment or Arcanum or Fallout.
I'll play fuckin' Planescape Torment and Arcanum and Fallout and ToEE and Icewind Dale AND Baldur's Gate, and if you want to fight about it I'd like to see you try, because my mom said to never give my address out to strangers online
>>
Dregs - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 19:18:51 EST 9K/JO29q No.741751 Reply
I like how Jack looks. Normies are boring.
>>
Samus Aran - Mon, 19 Aug 2019 20:10:46 EST 5qBo3YdV No.741753 Reply
1566259846791.png -(250074B / 244.21KB, 624x352) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741736

Chill dude, Baldurs Gate is the right amount of camp.
Like a game version of Xena the Warrior Princess, or any standard DnD campaign ever.
>>
Xana - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 00:11:21 EST C89d6vhU No.741761 Reply
>>741738
Mmm, I love me a thick codex. I liked the explanation behind the technology. Guns in ME are basically tiny Mass Relays and that's the reason why you never have to worry about ammo just heat. They even sound like Mass Relays but that was all dropped with ME2.
>>
Laura Croft - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:15:19 EST dqyXJB9u No.741771 Reply
>>741753
Baldur's gate isn't a standard DnD campaign. It's like the romanticised ideal of one. In reality Divinity Original Sin captures a real D&D campaign better. You skip or trivialise half the fights through bullshit and jank and the DM says "yeah I'm proud of you" then suddenly everything and everyone is on fire.

As for Jack I felt that her look was part of her character. She might be a bit of a cliche turned up to 11 but that's the point. Even in game it's not entirely "look how badass and punk she is", the illusive man manipulates her regularly by just making her think he doesn't want her to do something. Then BAM. Job's done. Thanks. It's actually her weakness. Toning her down would detract from that a bit, because while Bioware were mid degeneration when they pushed out ME2 her look does tie in with her character. I think most of them are pretty well designed in that regard really. She finally calms the fuck down if you do her quests. If you break every rule you're defined entirely by the rules and she starts doing what she does based on her own moral compass. Or dies or some shit. I dunno.

The codex on ME was awesome. There was a time when it could have big the next big sci fi IP. But EA were so insistent on following the straight and narrow and sticking to the one story they ruined it. I'd have played a game as Garrus between 1 and 2. Or running a merc company in the edge of civlised space. They could have made an RTS with fleet battles or some shit. But no. Now most previous fans won't touch that series with a barge pole.
>>
Dr. Wright - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:47:09 EST 5qBo3YdV No.741792 Reply
>>741771

ME is an interesting sci-fi setting, and the codex does give a lot of fluff. But it doesn't hold a candle to Sid Meyers Alpha Centauri, just saying. It's a very orthodox Star Trek universe, despite the few subversions.
>>
Liquid Snake - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:15:19 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741798 Reply
1566357319343.jpg -(79128B / 77.27KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741716
>Nobody has a single fond memory of this shitty written game and nothing is memorable at all.
Dude. Really? Nobody has a single fond memory of ME2?
I have fond memories over the "torture chamber" of the enthusiastic guy in project overlord, especially how he can't even blink because it was necessary that he can't ever close his eyes for the Cerberus experiments to work, makes his brothers betrayal seem more complete. Very dark and twisted themes you don't often see in many other games. And it seems plausible that a specific variety savant could communicate with the Geth in their digital language.

I have very fond memories of the descriptions of planets you scan, ME2 is a must buy if you have astronomy as a hobby. The science there is so interesting and highly plausible. I don't know if astronomers and astro-physicists all played the game(even though I see scientists in N7 shirts on science shows sometimes), I'd imagine many people like Neil Degrass Tyson would of at least read all the planet descriptions on the wiki.

Always was fond of the term N7. The number ranks specialized soldiers on on a 1-7 scale in terms of proficiency and the letter designates what field they're in. N for example is special forces. Its a simple idea that adds a lot to Shepards character.

Fond memories of playing a celebrity. Even at the beginning if ME1 (before you become a spectre), a lot of people even outside the human military know you are, even people of other races who may have difficulty telling humans apart. Makes you feel important and adds more weight behind your decisions from the start. And by the end of ME1 you're both the most famous human and most famous Spectre(very few Spectres make their identity public) in a galaxy with over 2 trillion citizens. (theres actually like 50 races but you only meet a few in game)

There's not a ton of games where you have 100% diplomatic immunity(being above the law) which adds badass lore to your character, but granted the games didn't give you as many opportunities to legally break the law as they should of. Still, its a concept many players are fond of. Kind of the core of the game.

The Illusive Man was a complex and memorable character. Especially since he was voiced by Martin Sheen as a perfect cast. A chain smoking multi-billionaire with a dark but human-positive agenda. You can play a Shepard who agrees with his agenda, or is undecided if he should work for him, or hates him and opposes him(and his agent Miranda) at every chance possible. I also have fond memories of the science of how the Normandy's ludicrously expensive QEC (Quantum Entanglement Communicator) works so you can talk to him in his office from the Normandy in a way that makes it impossible to be spied on by information brokers and The Collectors and other powerful factions/rivals etc.

Every play-through is a different adventure. For example its your job to choose how you want to represent the human race. I've played Shepards that do everything in their power to be a thorn in humanities ass by using my position as a galactic celebrity to make humans look bad(knocking out female reporters at the end of long interviews after you do everything to make humanity look like bullies and liars and later getting scolded by human millitary command for it and telling them to fuck off too is one example) because he/she is a Shepard that loves creating chaos and doesn't care about humanity. You can play a human-supremacist Shepard who hates aliens and does everything they can to put humanity on top of the galactic community, or play as a character that helps all races equally. And this has nothing to do with being good or evil, thats an entirely separate mechanic. Even without the option of choosing a race, gender, and backstory, this game has a lot of ways you can play your character. For example your attitude towards each individual race, try playing a Shepard that vehemently despises Krogan as a RP.

Almost all players are fond of the voice acting, though male Sheps is a lot better than femsheps. I liked rolling an Asian male Shepard because I find it funny how the voice does not match the face at all. But its hard to name a single bad voice actor in ME2. Martin Sheen is especially talented as the Illusive Man.

I was always fond of the difference between the military cultures of all the races revealed in the codex. The Turians have the largest fleet(Theres a 5:3:1 ratio set by galactic law, for every 5 dreadnoughts the Turains are allowed to have, the Asari and Salarians are allowed 3, and the humans are allowed 1. I like the scientific explanations in the codex of how each class of ship operates). Where as humans have the lowest percent of citizens that join the military(less than 3%) of any species, all Turians have required military service, so every one of them is a trained killer, and are more much disciplined than humans(due to both culture and biology). The Turian millitary is also an all encompassing force at the center of their society, police, civil works, etc. Asari millitary is more laid back, they're the best soldiers in the galaxy because of their biotics and over a half-century of training each, but its very informal. They don't have uniforms, they use their own weapons, and are more like a militia in some ways, with most members living among society in cities and stuff.

Extremely fond of how one of the reasons humans were accepted in the the galactic community so much quicker than other races is because we very much resembled the Asari standard of beauty, making humans popular. I always believed that in real life if humanity joins a galactic community, we will set a new standard for beauty(Nobody knows how common hair is in our galaxy is obviously, but other races that have it are likely probably be completely covered in it head to toe like monkeys, too much of it everywhere, its gross. humans are lucky to be more a lot more attractive than Apes and have hair mostly limited to the head). Another reason humanity is quickly accepted is because despite being new to the galactic scene, they have some of the most advanced technological innovations because we stumbled upon the Prothean ruins on Mars(which was likely left there on purpose so we'd find it when Humanity was advanced enough to utilize it, rather than just "giving nuclear weapons to cavemen" like most Sci-Fi).

Jack's backstory I remember fondly. Human psychology is another science represented in the games, partially by the effects it had on her mind visible through her unstable, damaged personality in adulthood. She loves the power they gave her, but still wishes it never happened to her more than anything. My favorite part of her mission was the cleverly placed 2 way mirror(a reciprocal mirror that is reflective on one side and transparent at the other) in her cell, tricking her into thinking every other child at the facility hated her guts while she banged on the window screaming as the other children played for hours, ignoring her. Its an interesting theory that pain and childhood torture breaks down neural pathways making way for a more powerful biotic. It not only gives Jack a unique type of backstory rarely found in other games or sci-fi, but adds a ton of backstory to Cerberus, willing to kill and torture dozens of children just for the sake of an experiment that may or may not even work. Sometimes kidnapping kids, sometimes buying biotic children from poor families on earth. And you can even play as an ice cold human-supremacist Shepard that approves of there kinds of experiments Cerberus does if that's your guy's character.

Continued in next post...
>>
Liquid Snake - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:18:07 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741799 Reply
1566357487343.jpg -(121872B / 119.02KB, 900x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741798
>>741716
Asari Justicars were a concept I was fond of. Despite the refinement and sophistication of Asari culture, criminality remains a fact of life. The Asari solution to the most vicious and destructive criminal element is the Justicar Order. Perhaps the best warriors in the galaxy, but there are only a few of them at any time because of the training's high causality rate and the fact they sacrifice all possessions except for weapons and armor. Any Asari who enters the ranks of justicars has already spent centuries in a combination of criminal investigation, military intelligence, and combat experience; the collective body of justicar knowledge exceeds even that of the Spectres. Trained for extreme strength, biotic capacity, resourcefulness, asceticism, and ruthlessness, the fanatical justicars are romanticized and feared throughout asari society. People say they're like Jedi but I don't see that connection at all personally.

I like how rare biotics are because of the danger in creating them. You have to expose a fetus to element zero and you MIGHT get a biotic subject. More likely you get a newborn riddled with tumors. The only reason there are so many human biotics is government and corporate conspiracies to destroy element zero freighters over well populated human cities(other races might do this too). The only race that doesn't necessarily have to do this is the Krogan, they invented a way to turn non-biotics into biotics through some surgery involving element zero, but it still had a high casualty rate and is very rarely used after the genophage. Some entertain the theory that in 1000s of years all races may be 100% biotic somehow. The scientific explanations in the codex of the utilities and workings of element zero is something anyone with a even the slightest interest in the sciences will remember fondly and find fascinating.

People shit on the concept of why didn't anyone ask Shepard if there was an afterlife or a god, but he wouldn't know. Jacob says you're probably not a clone, but he's wrong depending on how you define clone. You can theoretically recreate any human(down to the memories) if you were to place every single molecule in the body in the exactly correct spot. Which is what they did for Shepard, using his original body as a template to recreate him with his memories and some upgrades. Even ME3 hints at the fact that he's not Shepard himself, but a high tech VI that thinks it's Shepard. I was fond of the fact that various factions were trying to get their hands on Shepards body, I find the Reapers' interest in him fascinating. They want to absorb his consciousness into their library of knowledge I think, which is what indoctrination probably does.

Fond of the fact that Miranda says she wishes she put a mind control chip inside the 2nd Shepard, but the illusive man wouldn't allow it. I just thought it was cool that Cerberus has access to that kind of that technology, and that it even exists. Or at least they can do research to make it exist. For a terrorist organization they are very scientific. And political.

Also fond of the politics and how races pick their leaders. Not all of them are democratic, which you wouldn't really expect at first. Turians and humans are. Quarians are quasi-democratic. With Salarians only 10% of the species is female because unfertilized eggs make males, and the females(except the Salarian Councilor) entirely dictate politics. Females determine the political course of their respective regions through shrewd negotiation and reproductive contracts. Though male Salarians rise to positions of great authority in business, academia, or the military, they rarely have any input on politics. They're like Game of Thrones noble societies, merging families by negotiating reproduction contracts. Fertilization generally only occurs after months of negotiation between the parents' clans, and is done for the purpose of political and dynastic alliance. No Salarian would imagine defying this code. Asari aren't democratic either, once they reach about age 900, they are incorporated into a system where their eldest collaborate on the workings of their race's politics. Geth don't even have a government, billions of Geth communicate digitally at the speed of light and all information is shared and processed and considered in regards to which path their race should take. And they all seem like plausible scenarios alien civilizations might enact in reality from a sociological standpoint.

I like how alien culture and biology are intertwined. Turians have a lot more difficulty lying than humans. This "Turian honor" is alien to all other species. A Turian that murders will try to get away with it, but if confronted directly, they'll usually come clean. Because of their strict military culture and their alien psychology, they make very poor entrepreneurs, so they adopted the mercantile culture that is the Volus as one of their client races, they do business and economics where Turians are unable to in return for military protection.

The Elcor are another example of how evolutionary biology influences modern culture. Because they grew up on a planet with gravity 6 times stronger than earth's, falling over could be fatal. So psychologically they are extremely slow and conservative. I also like how they communicate through scent and very subtle social cues that makes a human half-smile look like a massive fireworks display.

Salarians, too, have a culture of doing everything really fast, influenced by their biology. Salarians are noted for their high-speed metabolism, which allows them to function on just one hour of sleep a day. Their minds and bodies work faster than other sapient races, making them seem restless or hyperactive. The drawback of this active metabolism is a short lifespan of around 40 human years. This short lifespan influences their culture so that they can achieve tenure as a professor at ages as young as 16.

Continued in next post...
>>
Liquid Snake - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:28:48 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741802 Reply
1566358128343.jpg -(93153B / 90.97KB, 1024x641) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741799
>>741716
I'm more fond of the nature of Artificial Intelligence in mass effect than any other sci-fi. AI research is highly illegal, but every race(both governments and corporations) do it, usually on planets like Ilium and Noveria that fall outside of Citadel jurisdiction, or in top secret labs. The Geth and EDI aren't typical "I want to be a real boy!" artificial intelligences(mass effect 3 really fucked that up though. wow.). Geth have no personalities in a sense, every time you move an AI from one quantum bluebox to another, its personality is reset, but not its memories. Geth switch from different spots in the network millions of times a second, for example a Geth would upload itself into a Geth Ship rather than physically pilot it. Geth have no concept of individuality or personality, unlike AI in other sci-fi. EDI has tons of personality however(which would be reset if transfered to a new quantum bluebox, but her memories would remain) because AI is very diverse. The Geth were specifically designed to only have animal intelligence to prevent rebellion, but the Quarians made the mistake of allowing Geth self-optimization, which they used to create a system where they share computing power and network individual geth, sharing intelligence, giving rise to a gestalt intelligence. Its also the opposite of other sci-fi where usually synthetics make the 1st strike against organics, in Mass Effect the Quarians struck first out of fear, and were wiped out because the Geth merely defended themselves. And diversity of different AIs is shown. EDI is so unlike the Geth, 100s of times more advanced, possibly the most advanced AI in the galaxy because of the humans having access to Prothean tech, and being made partially with salvaged Reaper tech. The Geth were specifically designed to be like animal-like, while EDI was designed to seem human-like. I was fond of the part where EDI and Legion first communicate digitally and she says he is 1000 voices speaking at once, being that he was a network of 1000+ sapient programs, not an individual. Even having a name was a very alien concept to him.

The Reapers are also a more fascinating AI compared to any other sci-fi that fans of the series are very fond of. Millions of years old and a hybrid of organic and synthetic life, they are very mysterious and alien. The pinnacle of evolution maybe. They claim to be Gods and that there is another realm so far beyond ours that organic lifeforms can not even imagine it. Are they telling the truth, or are they planting a seed of doubt in the back of our minds to make the indoctrination process somewhat easier to gain worship? Why did they build the mass relays and citadel just to destroy/harvest organic life every 50,000 years? Did they come from an aggressive race like the Krogan(but smarter) who value violence above all else? Like any true fan, I subscribe to Indoctrination Theory(which the developers officially stated is a valid interpretation of ME3's ending), so the explanation in ME3's dream sequence with the star child saying that they do it to prevent to construction of AI is crap. They are alien, unknowable.

Fond of how Krogan have a 2,000+ year lifespan, but rarely live past 20 because of their brutal culture and extremely harsh post nuclear apocalyptic world. Everything and everyone there wants you dead outside your clan of 100ish to 1,000ish Krogan. And every Krogan is born there, presumably no females exist off world. Their puberty rituals alone probably kill the majority of them(which as an evolutionary aspect, they have to do for clan acceptance or they go insane and start killing everything, almost everything that evolved on Tuchunka is intensely a pack animal, much more so than wolves. It's fascinating to see that evolutionary facet portrayed in a sapient species). And they often choose to help new Krogan with the ritual, so if they don't die the first time around, they probably die the second or third time. Wrex is over 1,500 though, and Grunt's "father" is over 2,000. Those two are less retarded than regular Krogan because they were born before the genophage, which doesn't directly effect Krogan intelligence, but as their are statistically more of them being born, smart ones are more likely to arise alongside the retarded ones. According to the codex, despite evolved to be "pack animals" highly loyal to their clan, Krogan territorial instincts result in them each needing private quarters on star ships or else they eventually go berserk and start a rampage. Wrex is an exception, a mutant, and/or just extremely disciplined. I always liked how Shepard and Wrex are best friends(if you play it that way) but he's 28 and he's 1500+.

The Krogan Shaman was an interesting way to display Krogan religion(many species have interesting religions shown in the codex). Even Grunt was appalled by how terrible the Shaman's job is. He has to go through rites causing as much pain and anger as possible every dawn and dusk as part of his duty to his clan. This probably includes cock and ball torture and daily branding among other things, and he is probably constantly drugged to be as furious as possible and in as much physical pain as possible at all times. He is a conduit for the rage and bloodlust of his species. I also liked how he has no name, giving it up because his life belongs to his clan.
Continued in next post.
>>
Liquid Snake - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:30:35 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741804 Reply
1566358235343.jpg -(165846B / 161.96KB, 800x1132) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741802
>>741716
Miranda's "father" raised her with essentially zero friends so he could eventually fuck her while she has nobody in her life but him. A twisted backstory, and like Jack, her upbringing made her neurotic too. Its a dark theme that some players are fond of. It was fascinating that he killed dozens(hundreds?) of his "daughters" until he created the perfect one (also one that didn't from pre-birth element zero exposure typical when trying to create a biotic human).

Grunt's technical knowledge is what I like most about him, he knows has the tech know-how to build one of the most advanced shotguns in the galaxy(The Normandy SR-2 is also a weapons manufacturing facility among other things) because of his imprints from the tank he was created in. Thats pretty damn impressive technical and scientific talent, yet he clearly does not give a single fuck about academia, he only cares about battling powerful enemies and hurting people. He's even much more aggressive and violent than regular Krogan. I was fond of Mandalorian culture for the same reason I'm fond of the Krogan culture. Although for Krogan the way of life makes more sense because it resulted largely from evolutionary biology.

Its almost impossible for people not be racist against some groups in Mass Effect. The Vorcha. Uplifted from their world by the Krogan to use as soldiers. The entire race is like Beavis if he was an especially violent murderer that talks through screaming. They only live to 20, theyre the least intelligent species, they scream instead of talk, their culture entirely revolves around violence and inflicting pain. They're viewed purely as vermin. Everybody in the galaxy hates them. No "every race is created equal" bullshit you often find in other sci-fi.

I like that you research weapons instead of buy them unlike ME1. The Reaper and Geth attack on the citadel launched technology centuries forward, so you need Mordin and EDI and Normandy scientists to research the latest trends in weapons technology. Mordin is a great character, perhaps the one players are most fond of in ME2. He’s a doctor, a savant, an engineer, a biologist, a commando, an arts enthusiast, a strategist, an electronician, an inventor, a dabbler in acting and theology, a mathematician, an epidemiologist, a TV personality, an assassin, an ecologist, a weapons technician, a professor, a geneticist, an amateur singer, etc. His most remarkable skills may be as an inventor. Invention in the Mass Effect universe is usually a realistic process. It involves research teams, budgets, labs, iterative development, prototypes, months or years of work. Mordin, by contrast, can whip stuff up in days or weeks. Very memorable character with a dark past.

I always liked how even though the Krogan and Asari both have ridiculously long lifespans, but Krogan fully mature in a few short years where as Asari take about 60. Its the subtle difference caused by evolutionary biology that make these games interesting.

The laws regarding genetic modification of humans were cool. Humans have the most potential for gene mods because of their diverse genomes compared to other races(probably one reason why the Reapers are obsessed with them), but its illegal to give a human a tail, or make them able to digest cellulose for example. Their are pre-birth modifications, and post birth modifications, both expensive usually, which human soldiers get for free. Most of Miranda's modifications are probably illegal.

The Blue Suns are an interesting faction, moreso than the other mercenary organizations portrayed. 50% a goods distributor(you name it, they can get it), 50% a quasi-criminal mercenary faction. They also run a massive prison ship as extortion racket(threatening to release extremely dangerous criminals on their homewords if they don't get paid by those worlds' governments) and secret slave market. I liked how despite the fact that they were criminals, they still have an advertising campaign ingame. It was founded by 2 humans, but they keep that secret to appease batarians so they put a figurehead with no real power in charge. They have both the official and unofficial accounts of their history in the codex.

Omega was cool, I like how there's zero laws, even murder is legal there. Like Tatooine in Star Wars before the Empire arrived. There's also the theory that ME2 is Shepard's personal afterlife, which is highlighted by the fact that one of the first places you visit in ME2 is a nightclub on Omega called Afterlife.

Kinetic barriers(aka shields) finally give us a game with an explanation as to why people just eat dozens of bullets and don't die, unlike games like Fallout where people survive shot after shot after shot to the head. Salarian(the smartest race) engineers had to figure out how to make Kinetic barriers deflect something as fast as a bullet, but not have it send the chair you're sitting in flying across the room. There's also biotic barriers and armor. (example: To kill a biotic Krogan you have to 1: Penetrate the kinetic barriers 2: Penetrate the biotic barrier 3: Penetrate the advanced armor(theres a whole scientific explanation of how armor works in the codex) 4: Defeat their tough bullet eating biology 5: Kill them faster than they can regenerate. Thats a lot of gunning). Its nice to have an ingame explanation for why it takes so long to kill people despite having futuristic weaponry. Other video games don't do this.

I fondly remember having the fastest ship in the galaxy, and that the fastest ship is a human ship (although the turians helped develop it, which you can get in trouble about with your commanding officers for lying about in interviews) despite them being newcomers to the galaxy, and that it cost over 100 billion credits to build. The only stealth ship in the galaxy. Its also a state of the art research facility, a weapons/armor manufacturing plant, the most advanced cyber-warfare facility in the known galaxy, a mining vessel with ore-refining equipment and metallurgists to manage the process. Shit is pimp. The Normandy is the Naval equivalent of a concept car. It is a one-of-a-kind prototype to test several innovations in the field. A cooler ship than you get in other games I'm aware of.

You don't have a single fond memory of this game? Tasteless. Mass effect 2 is far from shallow.

Also there are no good mods for ME2 except for the one where you can make biotics work even if the enemy is wearing armor or using shields or a biotic barrier, making biotics not a complete and utter joke on the 2 highest difficulties. That mod is the only one thats an absolute must. So you're right about one thing, the game needs some modding to function.

>>741737
Are they long? What should I expect? They're on my list.
>>
Dig Dug - Tue, 20 Aug 2019 23:36:02 EST p3ii5NPa No.741807 Reply
>>741798
>>741799
>>741802
>>741804
I thought mass effect was alright, but my god. It's just an Action Rpg third person shooter in space with decent written characters. Stop taking it so seriously
>>
Juste Belmont - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 03:08:20 EST ART8TYPa No.741817 Reply
>>741804
Gameplay-wise, I thought the sequel was more polished, but lost its unique charm. However, I can't deny that I really loved the story as well. Moreso than the first one. A standout for me would be Legion, what with how their consciousness had slowly lost connection with the rest of them and became independent. In addition to its constant philosophical musing
>>
Liquid Snake - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:35:27 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741839 Reply
1566412527343.jpg -(96814B / 94.54KB, 900x814) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Kelly Chambers: "How may I help you commander?"

>Shepard: "Do you have a moment to talk?"

>Kelly Chambers: "I always have time for you commander!"

>Shepard: "I should go..."
>>
Mallow - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:42:09 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741842 Reply
>>741798
>have fond memories over the "torture chamber" of the enthusiastic guy in project overlord, especially how he can't even blink because it was necessary that he can't ever close his eyes for the Cerberus experiments to work, makes his brothers betrayal seem more complete. Very dark and twisted themes you don't often see in many other games. And it seems plausible that a specific variety savant could communicate with the Geth in their digital language.
I don't even remember this

>planet scanning
Tedious and boring
There's a reason it was scrapped for 3.

>scientists
Lol no. And Endless Space does that description too.

>N7
Has nothing to do with ME2

>diplomatic immunity
Isnt unique. Many spy games have it. Many rpgs have it.

>Illusibe man
Literally a cardboard cutout. He was completely lacking in all depth and complexity, although I suppose someone who isnt terri ly clever might mistake ambiguity and ooo mysterious presentation for actual complexity. In truth he was a completely not fleshed out or developed character at all and merely fit the role of a stale trope about some mysterious man behind the curtain archetype. Hell Wizard of Oz did it better.

Nothing you said here about choices is unique to ME2 in fact it was considerably toned down for that game. Maybe if you're used to on rails shooters it gave you the illusion of choice most of which had to do with how lazy you are about sidequests which were also all corridor shooters. Deus Ex, Fallout, Planescape, Wasteland 2, VTMB, KOTOR, these ste examples of games that let you make real choices and approach problems from multiple angles. ME2 thoroughly failed in that regard

>voice acting
Literally the only redeemable part of this game and only because EA Biowsre paid out the ass most of its budget on B and C list actors

>Jack's backstory
Hamfisted and stale approach to an incredibly common scifi trope about human test subjects breaking free and or going crazy and looking for revenge on their former masters and tormentors. I'm not even going to bother to list how many games and movies use this really cliches trope.
>>
Mallow - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:50:22 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741843 Reply
>>741799
Half this post is lore. The kind control chip is, yet again, not a remotely unique idea, and they didn't use it because they had to come up with a reason why Cerberus wasn't controlling Shep for plot reasons.

Oh look more lore that doesnt have anything at all to do with ME2. What you also just described is LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE 4X GAME EVER MADE. Right down to the blue humanoids. I don't even know why this is a scifi trope to begin with but for some strange reason it is, and they are always blue females. Don't believe me? Check out Altarians for Galactic Civilizations and the Elerian for Master of Orion, for just two examples. It is an old as fuck and heavily worn out cliche with the sole difference being that Mass Effect claims the Asari only appear like attractive blue women because pheromones and some handwave about them looking attractive to all races because of how they reproduce, and iirc that also wasn't lore introduced in ME2 either

So you just listed something that was not specifically ME2 lore and that moreover is done more routinely and often way better by every single 4X ever made just about, as well as tons of other scifi
>>
Stryker - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 15:56:09 EST R8xVP9gf No.741845 Reply
>>741842
>>have fond memories over the "torture chamber" of the enthusiastic guy in project overlord, especially how he can't even blink because it was necessary that he can't ever close his eyes for the Cerberus experiments to work, makes his brothers betrayal seem more complete. Very dark and twisted themes you don't often see in many other games. And it seems plausible that a specific variety savant could communicate with the Geth in their digital language.

>I don't even remember this

Because it's from the Overlord DLC. It's actually really good.
>>
Liquid Snake - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 16:43:36 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741847 Reply
1566420216343.jpg -(262792B / 256.63KB, 1600x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741842
>>741843
>Don't remember the torture chamber
Project Overlord dlc. He's not "enthusiastic", that was a 420chan filter for the a word. Hes a barely functional super mathematical savant who his brother betrayed for research on controlling the Geth's religious impulse. Pic related.

>planet scanning
I never said it wasn't a little on the tedious side. I said A) You should really read all the planet descriptions, especially if you love astronomy, geology etc. B) Its just feels pimp that your ship has that feature.

Also they didn't scrap that from ME3 because it was boring. They scrapped it because A) The entire galaxy is in a massive state of emergency so there's no time. B) The Systems Alliance may have removed that feature when they deconstructed and reconstructed the Normandy SR2

>Normandy scientists
Yes, if actually you actually bother to read anything in ME2 rather than just shoot everything, you'll quickly learn the Normandy is loaded with scientists

>N7
It even says N7 on his armor, and it still dictates his back story from when he was a marine in the systems alliance

>other games have diplomatic immunity too
Still, its cooler on a galactic scale. but what other games have diplomatic immunity? I wanna play them

>Illusive man
How did the Wizard of Oz do it better? He has a long backstory in the book series and he represents a faction of humanity thats willing to do anything, go to any length to dominate all aliens and put their species on top. All species, dozens of them, have powerful factions like this, and its always interesting to see how they are portrayed. The Illusive Man is in fact mysterious, for example where is he getting several billion credits a year? How did he build the most dominant scientific/political/terrorist/military/etc faction the human race has ever seen when he used to be a mere Systems Alliance soldier?
And theres no way Kotor1 or 2 or Fallout 3 or 4 gives you more room for choice than Mass Effect. New Vegas maybe. But you're right, they fucked up Mass Effect 3 bad by not making your choices not matter enough. But the post was about Mass Effect 2.

>Jacks backstory
Added a lot to the lore of biotics and element zero. And it isn't often done to toddlers in other fiction. And I never heard of the 2 way mirror thing. And Jack is probably a cooler character than your typical rebelling soldier.

>half this post is lore
You said nobody had a single fond memory of ME2. I listed some lore me and other players are fond of.

>mind control chip is not a unique and they didn't use it because then you can't play
I didn't say it was "unique". I said it was fascinating that technology was achievable, and I get the feeling it wasn't invented yet but Cerberus' science division and Miranda had theories on how to research and make one. Maybe they'd fail In a game where the majority of the science feels not too far fetched and well explained, this would be a curve ball cool human invention that is some of the most advanced technology the galaxy has ever seen.

>blue females
first off they aren't there to be a typical cliche, they're their to demonstrate that evolutionary biology sometimes produces very similar looking species on occasion, which makes sense. it fits in with the science themes of mass effect. second off the fact that they only look human to us because of pheromones/whatever is the most retarded thing I ever heard and has no place in a scientific game like Mass Effect 2. What if you looked at a photo of an Asari? What would she look like?
>>
Dante - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 18:00:57 EST gUBAIPbX No.741848 Reply
>>741807
>I really like Mass Effect!
>Well fuck you I like Mass Effect too
>>
Mallow - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 18:19:04 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741849 Reply
>>741847
>project overlord DLC
Didnt play it
>it still dictates his back story from when he was a marine in the systems alliance
Are you dense or something? I specifically said it was ME lore in general, that IIRC was introduced in ME1. Ergo, it has nothing to do with ME2 sucking.

>Yes, if actually you actually bother to read anything in ME2 rather than just shoot everything, you'll quickly learn the Normandy is loaded with scientists
I did, although now that you mention it the archive voice fucking sucked too. I literally unplugged my headphones to read everything, which the fact you had someone reading it to you shows how incredibly dumb the average audience was. Do note that this was a problem with ME as a whole, not just 2. Furthermore, the Normandy was from Mass Effect 1 you complete idiot, the Normandy SR2 is what was in ME2. Also now that you mention it navigating the ship itself even sucked in ME2. I'd completely forgotten about that.

>s just feels pimp that your ship has that feature.
Anyone who seriously uses the phrase "it makes your ship feel pimp" describing atmospheric scanners on a starship makes a better argument about the type of person who likes ME2 than I ever could. Bonus points: anyone saying that in reference to making them feel all sciency and sheeit.

>lso they didn't scrap that from ME3 because it was boring. They scrapped it because A) The entire galaxy is in a massive state of emergency so there's no time. B) The Systems Alliance may have removed that feature when they deconstructed and reconstructed the Normandy SR2
They scrapped the feature entirely from the game because it was fucking stupid and everybody hated it and probably then had to come up with some kind of justification while offering a new minigame. As lackluster as exploring worlds in your vehicle was in ME1, I had no idea how much I'd miss it once they introduced something a million times more tedious and terrible.

That feature fucking sucked dude and even EA recognized that fact.

>Still, its cooler on a galactic scale. but what other games have diplomatic immunity? I wanna play them
Skyrim, Alpha Protocol, KOTOR iirc among others. It depends what you're specifically asking and mean by that. If you mean having the freedom to pick fights and break laws because you're some special man with a mission, that's half of all RPGs more or less especially depending on the quest line. Oh, and Tyranny is obviously a big one if you mean rpgs in general not just ARPGs. In Tyranny you're literally an agent of the State for an evil overlord and thus the entire game is based around you having diplomatic immunity to the point where you can choose to take out one or possibly both main factions of the evil overlord's armies. If you play the game like ancient Star Wars where you've turned to the dark side as an agent of the Sith empire and go around force shocking everybody it's even more fun. So it really depends on what you mean but Tyranny is the best example of where a whole game is just about you having complete diplomatic immunity in an rpg. Like, that's literally the entire game. If you mean an rpg where you travel the whole galaxy I'll have to think about that but suspect there's probably at least one if not several WH40K games like that, and if you don't just mean RPGs I'm sure there's tons of other games like that too.

I>ts almost impossible for people not be racist against some groups in Mass Effect. The Vorcha. Uplifted from their world by the Krogan to use as soldiers. The entire race is like Beavis if he was an especially violent murderer that talks through screaming. They only live to 20, theyre the least intelligent species, they scream instead of talk, their culture entirely revolves around violence and inflicting pain. They're viewed purely as vermin. Everybody in the galaxy hates them. No "every race is created equal" bullshit you often find in other sci-fi.
Oh Jesus the more I hear you talk the more idiotic I think you actually are. I only just now got to that part, especially because like 90% of the stuff you end up talking about is just Mass Effect lore, not specifically anything truly memorable about ME2, which was the entirety of my point which was that ME2 in particular was the worst game in the whole series, tedious, annoying, a shitty fucking corridor FPS on rails that added a terrible cover mechanic, stripped out HP for a completely retarded regenerating HP and shields, removed most of your inventory, and stripped out the rpg skills stuff for even less ability customization than you get in many straight FPS games because EA decided to make an epic RPG into some shitty fucking console shooter that appeals to 12 year old boys. The fact you somehow seem to like this game because you think it lets you be racist is even more idiotic because Mass Effect on the whole is much closer to Star Trek, which is actually one of the few scifi universes where that kind of attitude even exists. Not even Star Wars had that attitude. Jawas, Sand People, hell most of the races in the galaxy were incredibly different and some were straight up stereotypes of IRL ethnic groups and others were in-universe just considered completely evil 100% of the time, like the race of Hutts for example.

In terms of space games as a whole most of them particularly strategy ones rely on different races being sort of walking stereotypes and archetypes. Turians for example. They are the stereotypical noble warrior race guys. Just about every single game, film, show, and sometimes even book has them, to varying levels of antagonism, usually with humanity. The Klingons for example are a warrior race whose early contact with humanity led to war and longstanding antagonism though at times they have worked together. Sound familiar? Or take the Arceans from GalCiv. Or, also commonly found, the less than noble warrior races, which the Drengin loosely fit. Or the Bulrathi and Mrrshan from Master of Orion, and the more sinister warrior race antagonizing mankind called the Sssla reptilians. Or the Hissho from Endless Space and Sheridan playing straight bad warrior race/faction in ES2. Or how about the Mandalorians from Star Wars? Or the Protoss from Starcraft. This has got to be by far one of the most common tropes in all of scifi, probably second only to the noble/ignoble merchant race. In GalCiv they are the Iridium as noble merchant race, and Korx in GalCiv2 as the evil version. In Star Wars it is the amphibian Japanese trade federation among a whole variety of others. In Mass Effect it was the Volus, in Endless Space it was the Lumeris, in Star Trek it was the Ferengi, and in Master of Orion it was the Gnolam.

So in other words your point there was ignorant at numerous levels, which itself is pretty impressive.
>>
Mallow - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 18:27:04 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741850 Reply
>>741847
>first off they aren't there to be a typical cliche, they're their to demonstrate that evolutionary biology sometimes produces very similar looking species on occasion, which makes sense. it fits in with the science themes of mass effect. second off the fact that they only look human to us because of pheromones/whatever is the most retarded thing I ever heard and has no place in a scientific game like Mass Effect 2. What if you looked at a photo of an Asari? What would she look like?
And this is the point I want the 20 minutes of my life back from bothering with you. I have no words. You're clearly simply retarded and don't even know the lore of the game you're playing and seriously less than 15 years old. Nb
>>
Yuri - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 23:18:58 EST AawzQexJ No.741864 Reply
The asarii are attractive to every race because they're psychic, even beyond ezo nodes, or whatever. I don't even think they exchange dna. They exchange 'psychic dna'

In the libertarian world of me2, at the strip club, there's even a turian, a human, and (i think) a salarian being suspicious of the asarii because they're all attracted to the same dancer. I think it even has it as a conspiracy theory on the me2 codex
>>
Spyro the Dragon - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 05:03:15 EST R8xVP9gf No.741868 Reply
>>741864
They are psychic.

an extreme version of this is the ardat-yakshi, who can kill their mate by over-powering their nervous system, causing brain hemorrhaging, but there aren't may of them, by mass effect 2, there are only 3 of them in the known universe

i don't see a downside to an asari though
>>
Luigi - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 06:59:34 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741870 Reply
>>741868
It might've been a Salarian who hypothesized they use neurochemicals to influence organic beings
>>
Spyro the Dragon - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 07:08:44 EST R8xVP9gf No.741871 Reply
>>741870
I wouldn't doubt that, since in conversations you can hear, it seems that time with an asari escort is less of a physical sexual experience but more of an experience in the mind, unless you're the asari's actual mate, then i'm sure there is sex involved since they can have kids

they're pretty much succubi
>>
Sly Boots - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 22:04:06 EST 1jW+u3MW No.741889 Reply
>>741864
They were joking. What if you looked at a photo of an asari? Would the photo be psychic too? and they do have the turian headtail thing.
>>
deBlob - Thu, 22 Aug 2019 22:08:32 EST aCWxsfze No.741890 Reply
>>741871
Ugh, that's so lame. Imagine dating someone you can't have sex with.
lol like what's the point?
>>
Bloodmongo McFerguson - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 00:47:47 EST AawzQexJ No.741895 Reply
>>741889

Were photos of asarii attractive? I don't remember asarii pornography mentioned outside of the nasty-mags with hanaar on the cover

>>741890
I mean, you can cum in them. It just won't help them make a baby
>>
Master-D - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 05:28:59 EST R8xVP9gf No.741903 Reply
1566552539170.jpg -(38585B / 37.68KB, 334x353) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741890

>It just won't help them make a baby

right, since they procreate by parthenogenesis

also asari are asexuals despite looking like women and having the body shape of a woman and their form of bonding is by getting in touch with their partners neurological system which i guess is more stimulating to them than physical sex?

while you may get off banging a blue alien, they may be a dead fish in bed because it's nothing to them

this is all quite fascinating stuff, didn't expect to go from saying how jack sucks to talking about asari biology.
>>
Eddie Riggs - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 09:50:37 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.741909 Reply
>>741903
>their form of bonding is by getting in touch with their partners neurological system which i guess is more stimulating to them than physical sex?
I wish I could do that. Mammalian sex is disgusting and moronic. Only way to convince people to keep doing it and save the species is flooding us with the most potent hormonal and drug cocktail imaginable, and we still often need to get drunk for it. Hard pass on Mammal sex. Would prefer solely Asari mode of being.
>>
deBlob - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 10:50:35 EST aCWxsfze No.741910 Reply
1566571835091.jpg -(14532B / 14.19KB, 325x258) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741909
Someone clearly never had a good partner to show them the ropes.
>>
Alexander Romanov - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:06:17 EST UIHSSADh No.741911 Reply
1566576377919.jpg -(58058B / 56.70KB, 610x342) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
lol this thread. The whole Mass Effect series was deeply flawed but I enjoyed it, probably enjoyed 2 the most. It embraced a more cynical tone without taking itself seriously, in fact it's very self aware and self referential. I think most of the characters were pretty awful lol but I love what they did with Garrus, Tali, and Liara. Garrus is your fucking bro and Liara is heavily implied to be the canon love interest if you decide to pursue that kinda stuff. Tali is there to keep the Geth in the story and flesh out the Quarians. Mordin was also neat and Thane was aight. None of the other characters matter imo, just filler. Wrex could have been interesting but they went another direction instead.

The last mission was pretty dope except for the boss, they really shit the bed with that.

Idk, i can see why people didn't like it if they thought it would be a straight rpg, but so long as you focus on those characters and their stories it's a pretty good game

also if your shepard isn't the most fucking awful looking goblin then you're playing the game wrong
>>
Isa Jo - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 12:45:24 EST 5qBo3YdV No.741912 Reply
>>741911

Don't know about others, but for me the jarring change in tone set me off. I expected a more Star Trek like happy adventure across the Galaxy like the first game was.

Over time tho ME2 has grown on me, and I think it is indeed the best one in the series now.
>>
Dr. Ivo Robotnik - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:55:48 EST WAMLGFs2 No.741917 Reply
Mass Effect 1 was cool, but there are a couple of small changes that could have made it even better. Mass Effect 2 wasn't bad, but there were some small changes that made it feel like it was missing something that was present in ME1. Also, the ending of ME2 was completely fucking retarded. I've only watched someone play ME3, but it seems okay. More mainstreamy that the first or second, but I would have to play for myself to get a real opinion.

ME1 was definitely the best IMO. It's actually pretty sick. I was really miffed they took away the armor stuff and added fucking magazines to weapons. The "infinite" ammo from matter shaved off a small block of material was one of the awesome and futuristic, albeit small, things that made the game stick out to me. It also actually seemed to have a pretty significant impact on the weaponplay.
>>
Ibuki - Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:16:25 EST x7c1tHDd No.741921 Reply
1566616585226.png -(784993B / 766.59KB, 526x760) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741917
>I would have to play it for myself to get a real opinion

The game is bad. I couldn't get myself to finish it. Its ME2, except faster, more streamlined, and with less focus on the characters. It didn't age well either, ME1 looks way better. I'd watch a gameplay video of it in the background while doing something else but I would never subject myself to its gameplay again.
>>
Sophitia Alexandra - Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:45:08 EST UIHSSADh No.741937 Reply
>>741917
i agree that they fucked up with heatsink magazines instead of overheating weapons. Technically there's still "infinite ammo" but all the guns are designed so they can't dissipate heat without a heatsink. At least it's a practical advancement instead of handwaving, although it was more about making a more familiar shooter than world building.

I was fine with class not mattering for armor choice, it doesn't really make sense outside of a fantasy setting. Keeping armor and weapon mods would have been fine, but they kinda compromised in ME3.
>>
Daxter - Sun, 25 Aug 2019 20:36:04 EST gg5/CtpN No.741972 Reply
1566779764076.gif -(4882148B / 4.66MB, 256x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The series really peaked with Andromeda.
>>
Seong Mi-na - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 05:48:46 EST R8xVP9gf No.741977 Reply
1566812926370.jpg -(180147B / 175.92KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>741972
I just picked up Andromeda for 10 bucks and i unironically enjoy it.

it's not as shit as it was around launch period and some time afterwords although there are still some bugs but otherwise i'm enjoying it, i like the premise of it and the gameplay is smooth and fairly challenging.

I don't like Pathfinder, hedoes not come across as a leader of an boy scout troop let alone a multi-race galaxy expedition.

Peebee is top waifu.
>>
Kasumi Koto - Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:44:49 EST bIZ4PFlK No.742006 Reply
>>741977
>it's not as shit as it was around launch period
Yes it is. It's the story and characters (seriously the worst fucking characters) that makes the game dogshit. The faces, the NPCs teleporting and all that other goofy shit isn't what made the game a horrid steaming pile of waste.
>>
ToeJam & Earl - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:51:34 EST seocXXg7 No.742054 Reply
1567000294159.gif -(1660118B / 1.58MB, 370x323) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
For me, it was always Tali'Zorah nar Rayya.

>>741977
They patched the game so I won't be able to play it at the height of its crapiness. Would've liked to do that seeing how infamous the game is now.
>>
Vault Boy - Wed, 28 Aug 2019 20:08:23 EST RJ+z6ASz No.742063 Reply
>>742054
pretty sure you should still be able to uninstall any patches and play the bare release version

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.