Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

SoulsBorne fatigue

- Wed, 04 Sep 2019 17:36:35 EST nuvYc8mL No.742325
File: 1567632995857.jpg -(60613B / 59.19KB, 700x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. SoulsBorne fatigue
I am quite gud at these games but its just seems like progressively over time my tolerance has just worn thin. A few years back I spent a good 3 weeks solid exploring every inch of ds1, then about a year after that I spent the good part of a summer getting lost in ds2, then last year I got ds1 remastered and played pvp for the first time. Very fun! and barely started into ds3. It's like I have to be in the right gaming mood to play any souls games but it just seems like the more hours I rack up in the series as a whole the more I lose patience with boss fights and to a lesser degree the normal enemies. I am very gud at these games its just that after dying to a boss 5-10 times I want to put the game down whereas when I first played I didn't care if I died a shitload because the fighting and challenge were so novel to me. With the normal enemies I mostly just run past them now.

So anyways has anyone else experienced this? I still love these games and the challenge but not bashing my head into a wall.

Also ds3 has some weird difficulty spikes
>>
Dregs - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 19:43:35 EST 9K/JO29q No.742335 Reply
>Died 5-10 times to a single boss
>already got gud
Pick one. If you're dying more than 2-3 times on a boss in a single run, you're definitely not very good at souls games yet. Running past the regular enemies makes the game easier, so that's not much of an accomplishment.

But yes, I'm finding the more I play souls, the less interesting it is. I bought DS3 on release, beat vordt, then gave up for a year before beating the whole game in one session. I have no desire to play ds3 again. Everyone talked about how hard the nameless king was. I spanked him. He was nothing compared to king allant, who actually permanently stole a level from you in demon's souls. I tried booting up ds1 the other week and had to shut it off because of how shitty it looked and how badly it ran on PC. Already played so much ds2 that I can't go back to it. I know too much. I'm not sure another souls game would even be interesting to me. They Nerf miracles more and more with each game as a sort of stupid reflection on the real world. Miracles are weaker in each game because the stories they represent become less known with each new age. It's like fromsoft is saying sequels degrade the original and make it less special.
>>
Ebisumaru - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 20:04:42 EST 0z+RVgZ0 No.742336 Reply
>>742325
Probably why From dropped Sekiro to end it on a similar but different (action) note and started working on a mysterious mecha combat game.
>>
Lydia - Wed, 04 Sep 2019 20:07:44 EST noL7S+Qv No.742337 Reply
i mean even though the games are touted first and foremost as being super challenging, that isnt what makes people stay. i think the amazing exploration, the way different zones connect in a cool 3d way, and the mysterious unexplained lore all draw you in. once you kow all the details of the full story and all the secret areas/passageways, there is no more mystery to the game

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.