Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

GTA V

- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:13:01 EST rPUCcuUd No.742944
File: 1568934781541.jpg -(288421B / 281.66KB, 1280x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. GTA V
I know I'm really late to the party (it came out 5 years ago!) but here I am and I want to discuss it. Good:
>The story missions and the writing were some of the best I've ever seen in a game or anything else.
>Trevor is such a unique and badass protagonist. That voice acting, damn. I actually did chill seshes just to see what he'd say.
>Brilliant person switching mechanic directed you to missions and prevented you from having to run back to a save point on foot after exploring and crashing your vehicle.
> High mission variety, the branching heist missions were good, but not the government jobs.
>Amazing cinematic music during important missions.
>All the minor convenience tweaks like letting you skip missions after dying 3 times and being able to replay missions for a high score. Also superpowers.
Bad:
>Even though it looked beautiful, I never felt the urge to explore like I did BotW because the few things you did discover weren't worth it.
>Mediocre radio soundtrack, not enough talk radio.
>Franklin can smoke weed, Michael can drink, but Trevor can't smoke meth? I call racism.
>Almost everything that isn't part of the main story is extremely tedious and unrewarding. To contrast, I played Yakuza's minigames long after I beat the main story.
>>
Sonya Blade - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:37:06 EST j75OC4Vb No.742946 Reply
>>742944
Absolute worst part is what they enable you to do. They give you so much potential with the engine, then kneecap it in 2 ways. 1, focusing on making the most money on shark cards by making online prices insanely high, and 2, by limiting how we can do things. They give us a play ground with a huge variety of toys then tells us to fuck off when we ask to play with certain ones at times.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:41:27 EST TV9Za1Xo No.742948 Reply
1568936487558.jpg -(142329B / 138.99KB, 1360x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Breath of the wild is an exploration game. This is a drivey-shooty game. But there are a large number of easter eggs if you do choose to explore. Anyway, comparing the two is kind of asinine.

The radio did suck, but at least they let you create a custom radio channel by putting your own music in the game folder. There are actually 2 talk radio stations. One in the city and one north of the hollywood hills. I don't know if they put half effort into each, but they're worth a listen once or twice like in any GTA game.

Anyone can smoke weed, drink, or even do peyote. You can't put hard drug use as a feature in a major game title these days. A lot of countries won't import your game if you do.

I know the government jobs weren't fun. That was by design. They made them not fun so that you'd feel tension when made to do idiotic things. I got so frustrated I fired a grenade launcher at the cafe table as soon as they tried to blackmail me into stealing for them. The developers wanted you to hate those missions so that you'd feel way better about getting out from under their bootheel.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 19:50:34 EST TV9Za1Xo No.742949 Reply
>>742946
I just used the mod client to hack in money over time. They never noticed, and I've gotten over a billion in hacked funds so far. Fuck the system. GTA is supposed to be about having all the crazy shit and being able to use it. They limit your profits to 50k on a GOOD money making mission (assuming you win and get most of the points), then set the price of everything at 15-20 million. I'm not buying shark cards. Fuck that. I'm pretty sure they don't even have official servers, as the whole thing is P2P hosted. I played the crap out of the game before I started with the money hacks. I made about 50 million without cheating. But after that much grinding on the ¡4! heists and having played every open world activity as well as survival, deathmatch, and even RPGs vs Insurgents, they came out with the new heist. Then they locked it behind a $20 million paywall. That was the final straw. Now I own all the cool shit I ever wanted. The game is way more fun when you just cheat, because OF COURSE IT IS, this is GTA. They just hid the cheats behind a paywall basically.
>>
James McCloud - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:01:26 EST H07f6wlo No.742950 Reply
>The story missions and the writing were some of the best I've ever seen in a game or anything else.

>Trevor is such a unique and badass protagonist. That voice acting, damn. I actually did chill seshes just to see what he'd say.

this is bait right
GTA 5 probably has the worst writing of any GTA (know that's not saying much) besides maybe GTA 1-3
>>
Razputin Aquato - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:29:15 EST x2A9r5IV No.742952 Reply
1568939355405.png -(10935B / 10.68KB, 600x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Congrats brah, you came just in time for this utter bullshit to start.
Giving GTA:SA away for free won't cover up the fact that Rockstar made some utterly useless launcher which nobody fucking asked for, and to top it off doesn't even work properly and instead actively hinders people from player the damn game. After almost an hour of this bullshit I just decided I'm never paying for a rockstar game ever again.
>>
Tommy Vercetti - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:30:14 EST rPUCcuUd No.742953 Reply
1568939414645.jpg -(260546B / 254.44KB, 498x700) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742950
Not bait. I was skeptical whether the writing would be better than San Andreas at first, but then I got Trevor. The overall narrative wasn't anything special, but the character writing definitely was. Especially the way they interacted.

I pirated it and I didnt intend to 100% it anyway, so I don't even care about shark cards and online. Was the multiplayer that good at it's peak? Regale me with stories because I will never play this multiplayer.
>>
Razputin Aquato - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:38:56 EST x2A9r5IV No.742955 Reply
>>742954
Their bullshit launcher doesn't work and now I can't even play GTA 5 in SP because of this shit.
>>
Roxas - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:44:45 EST irlMPp4B No.742956 Reply
1568940285394.jpg -(9156B / 8.94KB, 210x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742944
Trevors the worst character in the entire series, Michael's completely uninteresting, and Franklins meh at best. The best character is Lamar. And you can smoke meth as Trevor, in his trailer I believe. Fun fact, the VA for Franklin is cousins with the VA for CJ(from San Andreas). The drivings fun....kinda, shootings good, and the mini games are just kinda meh too. The main problem with the game is that all of the online stuff they added, should also be added in single player or at least some of it. The multiplayer is a grindfest and its a bitch to actually do the missions because some asshole who bought shark cards will just kill you with a flying car. Its a good game, but its definitely not my favorite. San Andreas and 4 were better.
>>
Ermac - Thu, 19 Sep 2019 20:57:44 EST j75OC4Vb No.742957 Reply
>>742949
Exactly. The reason people use money glitches so often is because everything costs so much. And it's what, $100 of real money for 8 mil in game? Fuck that.

But even then, that's 1 part. Imagine how fast you could make money if the heists were yoyr crew driving in motorbikes or the jetpacks and just going hogwild. They have limited us so much that it get's boring.
>>
Naija - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 05:10:56 EST UcENjjuY No.742973 Reply
The missions are pretty fun for the most part. The story sucks and never goes anywhere. Unlike most of their other games they actually tried here and it just backfired.
Doing anything outside of the city is boring and tedious, they created this massive overworld but it serves no purpose.
>>
Snow Villiers - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:43:26 EST o3PoTZOL No.742977 Reply
>>742944
The story mode sucks once you get spoiled to MP driving. Getting ejected from your car or it exploding is so fucking annoying I can't replay the game now.

The online sucks because of meshed sessions and the clearly abusive grinding that tries to make you buy shit. And also 13 year old hackers.

But it was an awesome game. As typical of R* titles.
>>
Tommy Vercetti - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 13:25:39 EST rPUCcuUd No.742983 Reply
>>742981
Could you just not relate to him or something? I also am an anarchist hipster outlaw, as are many of my friends, so it was way easier for me to relate to Trevor than the black gangster or the rich guy with the family.
>>
Roxas - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 19:45:46 EST irlMPp4B No.742997 Reply
1569023146394.jpg -(7681B / 7.50KB, 210x230) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742983
Anarchist hipster outlaw? Is that long way to say douche? When I first played it on ps3 I thought Trevor was funny. Played it again on ps4 and realised Trevors just a whiny bitch with a lot of insecurities. Hes annoying. Its like rockstar never met a methhead in real life. I grew up around them(fucking hate them), and they do not act like that. Its like rockstar said "lets make a methhead whos crazy and cool!", and hes not. They did get one thing right though, dudes who sell meth do have people in check, like Wade and Ron. Meth fiends who will do anything they say.
>>
>>
Vincent Valentine - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:21:54 EST irlMPp4B No.742999 Reply
1569025314433.png -(5712B / 5.58KB, 262x192) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742998
Maybe crackheads are nicer than methheads? Not in ny experience. But you gotta elaborate. Were the crackheads your parents or were you homeless at one point? Homeless people can be very nice
>>
AC !QqL8nX9URE - Fri, 20 Sep 2019 20:25:04 EST hi2hFY86 No.743000 Reply
>>742999
It was a joke about how extreme drug addicts could become someones bitch.
I never sold crack rock. just single hits of airhorn whippits put into balloons outside of raves in the late 90's
>>
Alex Kidd - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 01:03:25 EST 2Fb9kySD No.743011 Reply
1569042205144.jpg -(9575B / 9.35KB, 183x275) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>743000
My bad, im half retarded. And yes, crackhead lackeys will do ANYTHING to get that hit
>>
Mei Ling - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:33:25 EST ktsvc8dt No.743042 Reply
>>742999
From my experience smoking crack and getting ripped off by fucking crackheads, they prefer to be called "baseheads," because crack is no longer sold. Crack "crackles" when you smoke it, whereas good base hits smooth.

Also, a lot of crackheads seem to also be alcoholics, maybe because crack feels a lot better mixed with booze. It also makes them worse at smoking crack, doing dumb shit like using a blowtorch and an empty
>>
Mei Ling - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:37:19 EST ktsvc8dt No.743043 Reply
>>743042
Fucking laptops clicking shit.

Doing dumb shit like using a blowtorch and an empty socket from a socket wrench set. It looks cool, but it's also a great way to waste your crack.

Smoking crack in a basement with some alcoholic 50 year old black dude who lost his parents in a car crash and blames himself, jamming out on some terrible toy instrument. Great memories.
>>
Q-Bert - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 10:49:59 EST rPUCcuUd No.743044 Reply
1569077399400.jpg -(37307B / 36.43KB, 480x480) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742997
All the characters are a little whiny. Franklin is constantly annoyed. Michael is constantly depressed. Are you not from the Pacific Northwest? Tons of people are aggressively honest, always ready to do crazy shit, and do meth. And everyone I know just gets their shit on darknet these days.
>>
Alex Kidd - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 11:08:22 EST 2Fb9kySD No.743045 Reply
1569078502144.jpg -(5681B / 5.55KB, 225x225) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>743044
No im from Colorado, spent a lot of time in Texas too. Where I grew up there was a trailer park behind my house, thats where I usually bought my weed. Had to deal with a lot of meth/crack heads to get it. The methheads im used to will smoke meth and go work construction for literally 14 days straight, staying up for 3 nights at a time. And then after they make some decent money, they take a week off to just smoke and do methhead shit, like breaking into cars and houses. They dont act all crazy loud and try to fight people like Trevor. They certainly look like Trevor though, face all scratched up looking like they have terrible acne and half their teeth are rotten. Its a terrible sight. I pictured it to clearly. Heres a nice ass to get it off my mind
>>
Taki - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 12:58:12 EST qMN1F2UE No.743051 Reply
>>743045
If they didn't stay up all night it wouldn't be nearly so bad for them. If you sleep every night it's really not that bad at all. But good luck cutting yourself off from meth at 3pm so you can sleep
>>
Savage. - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 20:20:11 EST +0yi7xMh No.743074 Reply
1569111611480.jpg -(17343B / 16.94KB, 512x379) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>742944
>Franklin can smoke weed, Michael can drink, but Trevor can't smoke meth? I call racism

Trevor can huff gasoline, which is much more entertaining IMO. There's a gas-soaked sock on the table outside his trailer you can use, but only if Ron isn't in the way.

Here's what I liked:
>Replaying missions with different weapons, customized vehicles, and crazy outfits using different gameplay approaches. I find this somewhat mitigates the lack of actual combat-focused side missions.
>The engine and its attention to detail, which introduces a whole bunch of possible hazards to activities that would otherwise be mundane. (NPCs picking fights, car accidents, etc)
>The three distinct styles, motifs, and wardrobes that come with each protagonist. The special abilities were a great touch.
>Buying the scrap yard and finally getting cash for destroying cars like in GTA3
>Robbing the stores. Small reward, high risk, but I still find it fucking fun. Especially when it leads to a shootout and an elaborate escape, and you can rob them during the hangout sessions with the other protagonists.
>Hanging out with Lamar and getting into fist fights since he doesn't use a gun for some reason.
>Insulting pedestrians as Trevor
>The pig mask
>LMGs
>The gun smuggling missions. High cash reward and enemies to kill, also awesome when you start dropping bombs from the plane to kill rival runners.
>All the areas with respawning gang members or otherwise hostile NPCs. There were even ones I had no idea about that I discovered later, like this group of shady dudes in suits with SUVs that have some kind of roadside outpost on one of the mountains. Going to Martin's house and fighting his cartel henchmen is also pretty cool.
>Fully animated prostitutes, the notorious controversial GTA activity rendered in all its filthy glory. The idea of Trevor stealing some rich guys car and totally ruining it with his fluids in a hooker binge is endlessly funny to me.

Things I didn't like:
>Having to make your own fun like this. I mean you can have a pretty good time with it if you're creative, but you shouldn't have to do that in the first place. I think the majority of GTA fans expected a much wider variety of sub missions that wasn't just trucking jobs, extreme sports, and fucking yoga. You know...maybe stuff that involves driving, shooting and stealing?
>Removal of vigilante missions. Just...no...why did you do this R*, but you kept the paramedic missions too...like wtf? That's like a huge chunk of potential gameplay that's just GONE.
>Filler missions with absolutely no replay value. Like that awful "lifeinvader" one, and the one where Michael is disguised as a janitor. The heist planning ones that involve stealing a vehicle are only fun when things go wrong and you gotta outrun the cops.
>The altruists don't respawn after Trevor kills them all. The cult compound is such a cool location and after that it's just an empty waste of worldspace.
>That fucking broken 'Weed farm raid' side mission that claims to have profits you can steal every in-game tuesday, but literally the money briefcase never respawns or has anyone there afterward. What the FUCK?
>The lack of a sixth wanted star and army units that chase you. At least you can fight soldiers at fort zancudo and the swamp nearby, but its not the same.
>The fact cool looking content is still being made for GTA Online, but its not available in Singleplayer. I was fucking PISSED when I realized they weren't making the revolver or sawed-off available in SP.
>A recent update for online broke the liveries and logos for several singleplayer articles of clothing. Franklin's letterman Jackets no longer have cool animals on them or team numbers. Trevor's bowling shirts no longer have league names on them.
>The stock trading mini game. Who the actual fuck playing GTA wants to trade stocks?? Also, its fucking broken.

I don't have anything to say about online, don't know if its good now or not because I played it on 360 during its terrible launch.
>>
Vic Viper - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:20:34 EST 1PEYzIZq No.743076 Reply
The No Country For Old Men Easter egg in GTAV is one of the best Easter eggs of all time.
>>
Dixie Kong - Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:39:43 EST h4tZxnGC No.743078 Reply
Story was weird and unfunny
>>
Chuck Greene - Sun, 22 Sep 2019 05:41:48 EST QyL6omuH No.743105 Reply
>>743081
It was hamfisted compared to previous ones
>>

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.