Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

Games You Wish You Could Unplay

- Sun, 03 Nov 2019 16:03:42 EST N3FvNNPm No.745183
File: 1572815022503.jpg -(52359B / 51.13KB, 640x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Games You Wish You Could Unplay
Just wasted SIX HOURS of my weekend playing a garbage game called Layers of Fear. Epic games is giving it away on it's launcher and it's got some good reviews, so I played it. I was having a bad time, but I'm fucking stupid, so I trusted the reviews and I assumed that it'd get good eventually. It never did. I wish epic games would give me money for playing this trash. This shit was more boring than a college lecture on a monday morning.
>>
Falco Lombardi - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 16:30:02 EST R8xVP9gf No.745184 Reply
Duke Nukem Forever.

I didn't even finish the game, and I wish I didn't pay for it. Or even play it. Its one of those games that just does not age well at all.
>>
Knuckles the Echidna - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 17:02:31 EST ad/EhG4w No.745186 Reply
I liked Layers of Fear for the most part, but I have generally have the patience for Walking Simulators. Also how did that take you 6 hours? Even with the expansion, I barely put like 5 into it.

Anyway, I want all the time I've ever spent trying to get into roguelikes/lites back. I hate games that paper over their lack of content with proc-gen and repetition.
>>
ass blaster - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 18:08:51 EST N3FvNNPm No.745187 Reply
>>745186
I mean, there's a lot to like about the game, so I can respect that some people really like it. The production quality is really high for an indie game, with very high quality assets, music and sound. The story is pretty cool too. But oh boy, is it boring. There's nothing to keep your mind occupied. When there are "puzzles" they basically solve themselves. And it's so filled with clich├ęs.

I took all this time playing it because I'm enthusiastic as fuck and I like looking at all of the assets from all of the angles and to think about how the 3D artists modeled and textured them. And this game is full of these random objects that you can pick up and see from all the angles.
>>
Kratos - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 18:08:52 EST CNMetUeI No.745188 Reply
Damn idk. Maybe Sonic 06. I tried to like it but it was such a broken mess that I gave up
>>
Cyan - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 20:14:04 EST OkfKZX7p No.745197 Reply
1572830044007.jpg -(42066B / 41.08KB, 1005x640) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
A game that I put a decent amount of time into and regret eh?

It's tough to think of one. I usually lose interest with something I don't like enough to where it would stop at "regret buying" but not regret playing.

I'd say Pokemon Moon fit that description. I hated every second of it but I wanted to get to the end for the sake of multiplayer. By the time I beat the story my friends had moved on to other things and there wasn't much point in me beating it, and I haven't touched it since.

I thought it was a really terrible story and boring gameplay. I had a lot of fun with X and Y. It was that whole goofy island system and the challenges replacing the gyms.
>>
Feng Wei - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 21:12:47 EST noL7S+Qv No.745200 Reply
dark souls. im way too casual for the stress it brings. i know many laugh at me and rant about how it's such an easy game, but i cant parry for shit and im still stuck on O&S
>>
Jago - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 21:43:35 EST Mz5DvYKJ No.745203 Reply
Mass Effect 2
Deus Ex

I can at least moderately forgive Deus Ex GOTY for wasting 20 hours of my life I'll never get back because I was not actively angry after finishing it. I will never forgive ass effect 2.
>>
Guy - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 21:54:11 EST OKLSt4DY No.745206 Reply
>>745200
If anyone gloats about Dark Souls being easy, you've successfully identified a cunt, and you'll be lucky to distance yourself from them as fast as possible
>>
Four - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 22:43:44 EST 7/wT3seY No.745213 Reply
1572839024140.jpg -(410634B / 401.01KB, 655x864) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>745206
The game is easy it just requires a little patience. You're not playing Mario, expect to die, A LOT. Once you're familiar enough with the enemies attack patterns it's easy peasy ya azizi. It's actually quite disappointing because you think it's deep but it's actually quite shallow.
>>
Yuna - Sun, 03 Nov 2019 22:45:35 EST ds13wuku No.745214 Reply
>>745203
You couldn't have even reached Hong Kong in that amount of time, I don't think...
>>
Princess Daisy - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:35:17 EST fkOgkCzi No.745250 Reply
>>745183
Two worlds. Fuck that garbage. I only spent 10 minutes on it but I want it back.
>>
Four - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:11:38 EST 7/wT3seY No.745252 Reply
>>745250
Playing that game is a rite of passage for all true gamers out there. I bought it half price and I played that motherfucker expecting it to be the next Oblivion. I mean, what do you expect from developers who call themselves Reality Pimp. We should've seen the signs.
I respect anyone who played the game. It's also the only game I care about when it comes to the speed running. That and Amid Evil.

Also Gothic sucks ass
>>
Cassandra Alexandra - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 21:19:29 EST uo28BM46 No.745268 Reply
>>745252
But you're not a true gamer, you can't even beat a childrens game
>>
>>
Patroklos Alexander - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 21:44:43 EST B8Sy1Aw2 No.745270 Reply
Layers of Fear is part of what's apparently an actual thing among some thoroughly shit people and developers where it's all run on the exact same engine with exact same completely shitty retarded fucking special effects and nonsensical at best story trying to pass itself of as a legitimate spooky horror game while being completely garbage shovelware that's barely even worth a dollar at best. Grey Dawn and Lust for Darkness are two other games exactly like it. I sincerely thought that Layers of Fear was just some guy's junior year project in a computer and graphics design class. I had no idea that this was only one of multiple exactly the same pieces of shit "games" if you can even call it that because what they really are is a bunch of tedious long drawn out point and click adventure games in 3D. That's seriously what it is: a shitty overly padded point and click adventure. Not one of them is a true horror game. Not one of them is even slightly spooky.

They all last approximately 6 hours and the entirety of the game is composed of walking around through the exact same cut and paste halls and rooms. I was wondering why everything was so weirdly anachronistic in Layers of Fear before realizing the exact reason for this stupid shit is because they're all using the exact same assets. Like, I could even moderately forgive this stupid shit if it was some kid or group of a few guys painstakingly working on the assets, but no, each and every asset you see is basically a stock photo. Each and every last one of them gets reused in literally all the other shitty clones of itself. When you pick up an object in Lust for Darkness or Gray Dawn or whatever it's going to be the exact same shitty pointless object as in Layers of Fear, and no, they never actually mean or do anything. This is because all of these games are totally devoid any content whatsoever so they're hoping to distract you enough with a few meaningless objects you can pick up and rotate that are spammed everywhere to forget you just got ripped off. Every game is like this. Like if you could at least have some kind of clues or puzzle going along with memorizing the right objects and which is and isnt significant then at least it could be a half arsed point and click adventure puzzle game, but no, all the objects mean absolutely fucking nothing. What little writing exists is universally the garbage. The sole reason to play these games is to walk around a somewhat bizarre world when you're high and that's about it. Nothing interesting ever happens. There is no compelling story to learn. There is simply nothing there at all.

I wouldnt be so pissed about this except for the fact that they keep trying to sell these pieces of absolute garbage for ridiculous prices like $40 and I'm sure some poor saps actually got tricked into it without seeing any reviews first. At least Lust for Darkness sometimes gets bundled with Agony which on sale goes for like a buck or euro extra, but even then that's seriously pushing it for what the content's worth.

In short, Layers of Fear is part of the biggest scam on Steam. I'm not exaggerating either. It is the biggest scam on all the steam store right now and it's packaged in such a way to dupe you into thinking this is a nice looking unique game with lots of stuff to do but there isn't. There's nothing there. It's a 3D point and click phoneshit game selling for $40.
>>
Locke - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 21:48:10 EST 20WTriXt No.745271 Reply
>>745270
they're overpriced because they almost exclusively sell to youtubers and streamers
they make their money back overreacting to the jump scares for children and google adsense checks

it's a self sustaining economy
>>
Tifa Lockheart - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 21:51:55 EST An8kNAhA No.745272 Reply
>>745270
I played it for free and still felt like I got cheated. The voice acting was enjoyable but only because it was so bad.
>>
Fei Long - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 22:57:32 EST XT3lbW6d No.745277 Reply
Assassin's Creed Unity. I got it for $2 and I still want my money back. If the controls worked, consistently, then I might be more willing to accept the microtransactions and the broken economy and the horrible graphical fuck-ups. I actually thought the story was decent. The game just refuses to be played, like I cannot move the guy around on the screen precisely and I just feel annoyed and want to play something else.
>>
Felicia - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 23:29:34 EST ad/EhG4w No.745280 Reply
>>745270
>Layers of Fear is part of the biggest scam on Steam. I'm not exaggerating either

No it's not, and yes you are. It's a middling horror walking sim that retails for $20 tops, and is regularly on sale for $5 or less. It's not a great game, but it's not even remotely comparable to some of the literal scam asset flips flooding Steam. The store page tells you exactly what you're getting, and you're either going to be into that or not. It's not like the devs are misleading anyone about what kind of game it is, or forcing scummy microtransactions and bitcoin miners on you. Pick your battles you hyperbolic manbaby.
>>
Locke - Mon, 04 Nov 2019 23:34:11 EST 20WTriXt No.745283 Reply
1572928451428.jpg -(842438B / 822.69KB, 1366x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
I have 10 tier X tanks and over 8,000 battles in world of tanks and I hate myself for it
>>
Kit Ballard - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 11:03:24 EST N3FvNNPm No.745326 Reply
>>745283
Did you kno: in the japanese version of dragon ball z it's "over 8000", not "over 9000", so the amount of battles you had in that garbage game passed the meme number. Hope that makes yoy feel better.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 17:24:16 EST 5nRDyOou No.745340 Reply
>Fortnite
I hate children so I don't know what I was thinking.
>Dayz
250 hours wasted on a literal walking simulator.
>Life is Strange 2
The original and prequel are some of my favorite games ever. This one isn't.
>Attila
Lazy shit even for a Total War.
>Fez
Every been gaslit by a video game before? If you've played Fez you have.
>>
Cinder - Tue, 05 Nov 2019 20:41:33 EST S4c8HFon No.745345 Reply
risen.
paid like $2 for it after reading an article that mentioned it as being a flawed but overlooked rpg and being worth a try.

it's trash. just utter trash. whole game is like playing oblivion with a bad character and over-leveled enemies. leading the AI into places where it will get stuck is almost necessary to deal with the busted combat and balance.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Wed, 06 Nov 2019 00:35:34 EST 5nRDyOou No.745362 Reply
>>745343
No I probably realized that around hour 30.
>>745345
I couldn't even get Risen to fucking boot. I also wasted about $2 on it.
>>
Alex Kidd - Wed, 06 Nov 2019 10:35:28 EST Jr2HIYmJ No.745380 Reply
>>745345
To me that's the charm of PB games. You get your shit pushed in all the time. The enemies aren't over-leveled. You just fucking suck. Come back to that area when you're stronger and better at the game. Focus on taking out individual enemies. It's not Skyrim where everything is a fluffy pillow gently caressing your cheek to death.

If you want a modern version with less jank, try ELEX.
>>
Larry Laffer - Wed, 06 Nov 2019 20:18:48 EST 4MCqrs2h No.745400 Reply
Damn, friend. I played Layers of Fear too (even paid for it and didn't read reviews beforehand) and loved the shit out of it.

I thought the repeated use and warping of assets was a great way to instill the sense that you were wandering through a twisted fever dream without end, and the multiple "inescapable" rooms which changed as you moved the camera was a great, unusual design choice.

I get that some people just find horror games boring, but the whole "mechanics-lite horror walking sim" is kinda becoming its whole thing - look at Frictional's entire bestselling catalog (Penumbra, Amnesia, Soma)

For me, it was Depona Doomsday. What a way to absolutely shit on a perfectly encapsulated story, and then retcon back out everything that changed.
>>
>>
Samus Aran - Thu, 07 Nov 2019 13:39:44 EST ZmkK/0VO No.745436 Reply
>>745393
Because it was like the devs didn't even play test their own game and realize just how frustrating and tedious it was to do simple things. Everything in that game was a fucking chore
You can make a game as pretty as you want and I will agree that it had some of the best pixel art I've ever seen in a game and some really, really beautiful music but that doesn't cover up the fact that it just wasn't fun to play
>>
Christopher Belmont - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 07:05:24 EST j75OC4Vb No.745603 Reply
>>745183
What, you don't like spooky walking sims that have 0 agency or urgency? Clearly you hate women and minorities.

That was a joke by the way, for any enthusiasmo who don't get that.
>>
Matt Baker - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:10:05 EST KR/H/0r2 No.745605 Reply
Warframe.

grinding and cockblockers everywhere.
>>
Nodunaga Oda - Sun, 10 Nov 2019 14:23:44 EST zNC7v9Z1 No.745614 Reply
Most recently, The Outer Worlds. I don't know how people think it's a good game. Shitty, watered down RPG mechanices with shitty combat, a shitty story, shitty dialogue, and shitty small worlds that weren't even worth exploring.

I'm glad I only paid $1 for it but I still feel ripped off.
>>
Joanna Dark - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 12:38:47 EST gq19iJm5 No.745977 Reply
Bioshock 2.

The ending was such absolute dogshit. I spared the black maid's life because she seemed mostly misguided in her attempts to kill me; and apparently because I spared her life the main antagonist (who I had really been looking forward to killing) was allowed to survive.

Was so mad that I refused to buy / play Bioshock Infinite.
>>
Pac-Man - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 12:56:26 EST VMiDogHC No.745979 Reply
>>745977
You didn't miss out on much.

But hating a video game for the story seems strange. When I want a story I read a book or watch a movie. Stories in video games are mostly forgettable, written by hacks who couldn't publish in an industry that actually respects good storytelling. I can count the number of games with legitimately interesting stories on one hand. And even then I'd be hard-pressed.

Just play games as games and ignore the idiocy that passes for a storyline. Expect utter trash. You'll generally get it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.