Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

Mount and Blade II - Bannerlord

- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 10:45:29 EST EChcuR+g No.750894
File: 1585579529208.jpg -(88773B / 86.69KB, 600x337) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Mount and Blade II - Bannerlord
So, it's finally out (on early access, so bugs/missing features and crashes are to be expected)
Some of us have been waiting for this shit forever.

I'm gonna get my hands on it tomorrow!

Anyone get it yet, what are your impressions?
>>
Vega - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 12:46:48 EST R9PTlQv8 No.750895 Reply
>>750894

I saw some pretty buggy gameplay so I think I’m just gonna wait a little longer. Might buy it just to support them though
>>
April Ryan - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:04:40 EST R8xVP9gf No.750897 Reply
>>750895
There are some pretty bad bugs, like game not being able to launch, crash when entering areas, character turning invisible, crash on saving

game runs pretty well otherwise, but I knew what I was going into by buying an early access game
>>
Gravelord Nito - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:38:21 EST n0yTzv9G No.750900 Reply
>>750894

After waiting so many years. Just 2 more hours of work...
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Wolf O'Donnell - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:48:50 EST hVxfQuyy No.750901 Reply
Just won my first tournament. Feels pretty good so far. FYI it seems like a bad idea to recruit a companion before a tourney because it always puts you on their team and they suck ass compared to the random soldiers and shit in the tournaments. I'm sure they'll get better as they level though.

Skill system is way different so I'm not sure what all is good or not yet. Mostly just been putting points into one handed, bows, and riding.

Played a few hours and no crashes or bugs for me so far. Buddy of mine did crash once but his PC is like a decade old so hard to say whether that was the game or his PC. Might be smart to throw this game on your SSD if you have one though because even with my SSD there's a noticeable lag when entering and exiting scenes such as taverns/battles/etc. Probably chugs pretty hard if you have it on a normal hard drive.
>>
Buck Bumble - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:24:23 EST rPOInlBO No.750902 Reply
>>750897
Why would you want to have your first contact with the game be sub par, and what kind of artist wants his creation out before its finished? Early access seems so dumb. Its like buying slightly raw burger to save a few minutes. Cant you wait a moment and experience the thing properly?
Playtesting should be a well paid job, cause its hard and tedious and burns you out on the game, preventing you from ever fully feeling the vibe it will end up evoking when polished, but you choose to pay them to do it. Why?
>>
Wolf O'Donnell - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 18:08:21 EST hVxfQuyy No.750907 Reply
>>750902

Why is there always someone like you telling people what they should or shouldn't spend their money on?
>>
Toad - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:58:34 EST eXye2g9V No.750912 Reply
>>750907
why is there always someone like you who cant see someone lay out their opinion in well-constructed talking points and not just be like "well this persons clearly trying to shit on me! the git"
>>
Nightwolf - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:05:27 EST hVxfQuyy No.750913 Reply
>>750912

Yeah... because "why are u spending money on early access lol ur paying to play test" is a totally new and original discussion point that will definitely lead to an interesting discussion.
>>
Funky Kong - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:07:41 EST eXye2g9V No.750914 Reply
for me the feelings were mixed but the main one was frustration when i saw the game was released but in early access

it went from "3 days until bannerlord" "1 day until bannerlord!!" to - well i guess i need to wait even longer now. my fear of the games (possible) unfinishedness spoiling things for me make me wary about engaging with it right away. To me, "early access" just reads as "this game isnt ready to give you its full experience yet"

so, a little deflating. a bit of turmoil. maybe i can play it and enjoy it still? but maybe thatll get in the way of enjoying it to its fullest when its viewed by the devs as being a "complete" game
>>
Nightwolf - Mon, 30 Mar 2020 20:13:40 EST hVxfQuyy No.750915 Reply
>>750914

If you think you're probably only going to play through it a couple times then EA probably isn't worth it. For me I spent a few thousand hours in Warband and will likely do the same in Bannerlord so it doesn't really make a difference if I buy it now. It just means the game will keep getting better as I play it so I have new shit to look forward to.
>>
Christopher Belmont - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 00:17:47 EST Oc5u4xDa No.750922 Reply
>>750907
Im just asking a question, do whatever you want with your time.
>>
Gabriel Belmont - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 02:13:16 EST jSVdA87p No.750927 Reply
>>750914
pretty damn bitter isn't it. All these years and it's just early shitfest. So are they just using it as a disclaimer for post release bug fixing or is it really only partially executed? Wait or is it complete enough?
>>
Bad Mr. Frosty - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 07:10:10 EST HGI2CiYM No.750934 Reply
>>750927
Unless you dont have much time to live cause theres a zombie pandemic or something, always wait.
>>
Krystal - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:09:07 EST rTxXFbyM No.750942 Reply
>>750894
my pc met the minimum requirements listed on the store, but it ran like hot wet dogshit- had to refund. :(
>>
Donkey Kong - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:31:17 EST wNcsjSSV No.750944 Reply
It's definitely playable, but it runs like ass. SSD HIGHLY recommended, load times are long and they happen often on a regular HDD. Have to save often, I had 4 crashes yesterday. My rig was mid-tier like 3 years ago, i5-4670K, 8GB RAM, and a 1060 6GB. Technically that's solidly in the "recommended" area of the system reqs and way above minimum, but yeah it doesn't run well.

All that being said if you just want to run around killing people, amass an army, gather followers, build up your character with decent RPG elements, and work towards taking over the world... you can do that. The battles are fun for sure.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 12:42:13 EST d+EH7UKb No.750945 Reply
So far it runs quite well. I haven't had any stutters or frame drops or crashes. I have had the camera glitch out in battle view a few times requiring me to restart the game.

I do feel retaining the exact same combat beat for beat is something to its detriment. I would've liked to see a bit more iteration there. It's fine, it controls well, but it feels prettymuch exactly the same as the Warband gameplay loop.
>>
Nightwolf - Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:41:24 EST hVxfQuyy No.750952 Reply
>>750945

>I do feel retaining the exact same combat beat for beat is something to its detriment.

That's a plus for me personally. The combat was always the best part about Warband. Sure it would've been nice if they could've really improved it, but I'm glad it wasn't made worse at least. The only difference I've noticed so far regarding combat is that shields now also use the directional block which is alright, not really a positive or negative change imo. I'm just hoping the new sieges and stuff are better because sieges definitely needed the most improvement over warband.
>>
Sniper Wolf - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 10:39:28 EST EChcuR+g No.750992 Reply
Damn loading screens
There's a fair amount of them and they take a bit too long
Ordered some more RAM, so maybe that'll fix it. Installing it on SSD doesn't work for many people, according to Steam discussions.

Otherwise, can't wait to really immerse myself and conquer the world
>>
Oxanna Kristos - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 11:48:14 EST XUc1sXap No.750993 Reply
>>750992
Why wouldn't it run installed on an SSD?

Are there barbarians out there not running on SSDs yet? 1TB is like $100 and it's unbelievably better, the single best upgrade for any system
>>
Sniper Wolf - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 12:25:07 EST EChcuR+g No.750995 Reply
>>750993
It runs
Doesn't decrease loading times, according to some people
>>
Dark Queen - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 14:41:09 EST hVxfQuyy No.750997 Reply
>>750995

I got it on a SSD and they're usually pretty quick. Just 1 to 2 seconds at most. There are still some hang ups though, like when I hold tab to exit a scene. Those can last 4 to 5 seconds sometimes.

They definitely do need to reduce the amount of load screens though. They aren't overly long on a SSD but there's still just so many. There's like 3 loading screens anytime you try to attack a party of looters. Load once you reach them, load again after you tell them to surrender or die, then another load after you choose to attack.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Wed, 01 Apr 2020 16:40:30 EST d+EH7UKb No.750999 Reply
I can't really tell how much impact the SSD has, I think the GPU pipeline is suboptimized and broken textures are what is slowing it down. I see the long load times in scenes with broken textures, like major cities in the forest regions.
>>
Wander - Thu, 02 Apr 2020 00:29:03 EST EChcuR+g No.751017 Reply
>>750999
Oh yeah, i've seen some purple squares in the middle of the street
I'm not taking it for granted, that they get it optimized properly, i've been burned too many times

I hope they will, of course
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Sat, 04 Apr 2020 23:07:05 EST d+EH7UKb No.751161 Reply
1586056025498.jpg -(181970B / 177.71KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
And I shall call my horse Midnight, the dark rider.
>>
Dhalsim - Tue, 07 Apr 2020 12:11:23 EST wNcsjSSV No.751229 Reply
I've got to say, for all the trouble I had on day 1, I've played for 30+ hours at this point and have not had a single crash since. There is still plenty of jankness, but the little mini patches seem to have helped a lot. Big castle sieges still lag my shit, but they run and the game doesn't crash and I haven't had any corrupted saves soooooo

This game is fun as fuck
>>
Miles Tails Prower - Wed, 08 Apr 2020 13:28:50 EST hVxfQuyy No.751288 Reply
1586366930027.jpg -(516024B / 503.93KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>751229

Yeah I've had pretty minimal issues so far. It's crashed once or twice when I try to exit to the main menu but that's no big deal since I was already getting off anyway. Also had one siege where the last enemy got stuck in the wall so I had to reload lol. But other than that, it runs great and feels damn good especially considering this was over the first week of early access. Most early access games I've played are in much worse shape the first week.

Shit has been crazy since I became a vassal for the Southern Empire though. Non stop wars and I love the way they made it so anyone can form an army. It's been non stop sieges and 500vs500+ battles since becoming a vassal. Finally secured my first town as well so I'm getting into managing it and that's pretty fun as well. My first attempt at holding a town only lasted about a month ingame though because both the sturgians and khuzait declared war on us and that town was on the border of both lol.

Speaking of the Khuzaits, fuck them. Their armies are such a pain in the ass to fight because of all the horse archers. Just takes forever to chase them all down and kill them, so I've been executing every fuckin Khuzait I get my hands on. Half their clans are completely wiped out and I executed their King. I'm gonna keep going until all of those fucks are dead.
>>
Dregs - Wed, 08 Apr 2020 15:04:50 EST Pzo7k+yX No.751290 Reply
Trading is broken. You can make tons of money by buying weapons, breaking them down, then selling the parts.
>>
Master-D - Wed, 08 Apr 2020 18:01:04 EST fpO1DpjD No.751297 Reply
Nice. I went to Vlandia and became a vassal to their king who was busy destroying the Battanians. I started executing their nobles too after I saw all of the ones who I had put in the dungeon for the influence back on the battlefield leading groups again lol, didn't know they would just escape like that.

Pretty sure killing them gave me the Devious trait though, not sure what impact that will have. Battania is gone now and fucking Derthert declared war on the Western Empire... I might end up leaving his stupid ass they're fucking huge.
>>
Phoenix Wright - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 00:10:48 EST cAvtgnTt No.751299 Reply
So is this worth buying as it is right now? This is coming from a person with like 1100 hours in Warband so I'm used to a little jank
>>
Mappy - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 06:24:03 EST 0z+RVgZ0 No.751307 Reply
>>751297
Killing nobles is a really fucking dumb idea. It literally turns politics and empire management into hardmode.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:22:02 EST Pzo7k+yX No.751321 Reply
>>751297
Prisoners need to be left with a large garrison to stop them from escaping. Executing nobles just makes the game harder. You should either let them go for the honor points, or imprison them indefinitely to prevent the enemy from fielding another army.
>>
Ivy Valentine - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 12:34:25 EST wNcsjSSV No.751322 Reply
>>751299
Yes
>>751307
Noted, thankfully they're wiped out at this point.
>>751321
So I was watching moonmoon as I was playing and he was way further ahead then I am. This is my first mount&blade game so I don't know shit but it looked like he was basically using the garrison as a reserve to store experienced units so he could level up basic ones. Are you saying that putting units in the garrison of a city will also stop nobles from escaping the dungeon in that city? Because I'm gonna try that out later, sounds dope.
>>
Geno - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 13:13:49 EST hVxfQuyy No.751323 Reply
>>751321

>Prisoners need to be left with a large garrison to stop them from escaping

Not sure where you heard that from but it doesn't seem to be true at all. I put nobles in my dungeon with a 400+ garrison and they just escape at random. Sometimes they get out in a couple of days other times they're stuck in there a week, but I haven't seen any nobles stay in my prison longer than that and it was the same duration when I barely had a garrison. I just started executing everyone because the dungeon was so useless at keeping lords locked up and they kept coming back with armies.

>Executing nobles just makes the game harder

I think the relation shit is kinda broken right now. I've executed a fuck ton of people and still managed to convince some lord with -100 relation to join us. Seems like that definitely should not be possible.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 15:46:47 EST Pzo7k+yX No.751327 Reply
>>751322
I haven't played bannerlord, but warband had the mechanic where prisoners had to be left with a garrison to lower their escape chance. Having watched some gameplay, I don't think they've changed the game mechanics much. So I think this could still be a thing. I'll also note that the garrison has to have prisoner management as a skill or it won't work.

>>751323
Well, I assume they kept the prisoner management skill from warband? If your garrison in warband had manhunters in it, they could keep prisoners pretty much forever. I imprisoned every noble in warband and kept them locked up this way. I'd have an occasional escape, but that's to be expected. It's not too much trouble to have to recapture 1 or 2 nobles a month.

A lot of things are broken right now, though. That's how it should work, but there's no guarantee.
>>
Geno - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 16:36:23 EST hVxfQuyy No.751328 Reply
>>751327

They've completely revamped the skill system man. There is no prisoner management skill. There's actually a lot of shit in Bannerlord that functions completely different than Warband despite how they look on the surface so you can't expect things to work the same in Bannerlord. There's no way to upgrade your dungeon in a fief either.

I think the fact that lords escape from dungeons so quickly is probably a bug, but either way, in the game's current state imprisoning lords only keeps them locked up for a few days max. If you're capturing nobles, really the only thing you should do is either sell them off or execute them right away because otherwise they'll just escape and you won't get any benefit out of it. If you don't wanna sell or execute, you're better off just letting them go instead of capturing them in the first place.
>>
Fluke Hawkins - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 18:05:13 EST BNWDQryX No.751335 Reply
But is it worth $40 on sale? Should I wait a few months and possibly get it for like $30?
>>
James Sunderland - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 19:42:37 EST fpO1DpjD No.751339 Reply
1586475757444.jpg -(1011413B / 987.71KB, 1920x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>751335
It's in "early access", that's why it's discounted right now. If anything the price would go up on full release.

>>751328
Yeah putting prisoners in a dungeon with a garrison didn't work. I put a noble in my castle dungeon with a garrison of 80, brought another one there like 2 days later and he was gone. Maybe it changes later in the game but I'm only clan level 2 with 2 caravans and have 50k denars easy just from selling shit and ransoming regular units, and extra 1500 for a noble doesn't really make a difference. I'm just gonna execute them all LOL we'll see what happens.

Okay, so, I helped siege a castle (Flintolg at the top) and then there was a vote on who it went to, and I spent so influence I think to nominate myself and the king gave it to me. I was like fuck yeah, nice little start...

So I go on with the war fucking people up and I get a notice that a city called Seonon had been taken. I was like cool and didn't even vote because I hadn't taken part in taking it. All of a sudden I see my banner over a bunch of shit including the city... so they just fucking gave it to me for no reason????? Maybe because of built up influence? Even though I don't have that much I think.

I have no fucking idea what to do at this point lol, I mean I know this is kind of the point but it feels like it's happening really fast and I don't really know what's going on.
>>
Geno - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 19:56:27 EST hVxfQuyy No.751340 Reply
>>751339

>Maybe it changes later in the game but I'm only clan level 2 with 2 caravans and have 50k denars easy just from selling shit and ransoming regular units, and extra 1500 for a noble doesn't really make a difference. I'm just gonna execute them all LOL we'll see what happens.

Nah it doesn't change later on. I think I'm clan lvl 4 or 5, forget which one but its the one that requires 900 renown to get to, but even with that and a massive garrison of over 400 dudes, lords always escape if i try to put them in the dungeon lol.

I've been executing every Khuzait lord I get my hands on. Over half of them have been executed by me, including their king, and so far it's had no real negative affect on me other than the Khuzait lords hate me, but I don't really give a fuck about that since I'm gonna kill them anyway lol.

>So I go on with the war fucking people up and I get a notice that a city called Seonon had been taken. I was like cool and didn't even vote because I hadn't taken part in taking it. All of a sudden I see my banner over a bunch of shit including the city... so they just fucking gave it to me for no reason????? Maybe because of built up influence? Even though I don't have that much I think.

The way the AI chooses who gets a chance to be voted on for a fief is a fuckin mystery to me man. Sometimes even if I take a castle or town on my own, I'm not even eligible to be voted for. Other times they randomly give me shit that I had no part in sieging. I dunno how it works.

Never got randomly voted on to own a town though, just some castles. That's pretty lucky on your end but good luck keeping both of them if you're still at war.
>>
Witch of Izalith - Thu, 09 Apr 2020 20:45:45 EST fpO1DpjD No.751347 Reply
Yeah like I said, I have no idea how to protect it, my max units is 74. If an actual army showed up it would be fucked, although I guess it does have a decent garrison and militia.

Thing is I'm not really worried about the Western Empire trying to take it back, you can't really see it in that screenshot but we're kind of rolling them. What worries me more long term is all that shit is very close to the border with the blue sea-type guys up north, so when we go to fight them it'll be the first stuff to be attacked.

Anyway it was an interesting way to end a session, we'll see what happens next time.
>>
Marshall Law - Sun, 12 Apr 2020 09:30:04 EST fpO1DpjD No.751453 Reply
Okay I wont bump this again, but does anyone have any insight as to how the fuck to gain more fiefs? I got lucky and got a castle and a town early, but now I'm getting pissed that I'm not getting anything else. I've actively helped siege 3 castles and a town in this new war, the game says "and now it goes to a vote..." and then it just automatically gives it to someone.

Now ultimately my thinking is that I just turn on my king and take all this shit back, but still.

Also is creating your own army bugged? I bring up the screen and add other vassals that I want to help but there is no button to actually form the army, only to dissolve it.
>>
Aeries Gainsborough - Sun, 12 Apr 2020 15:49:43 EST hVxfQuyy No.751465 Reply
>>751453

>does anyone have any insight as to how the fuck to gain more fiefs?

I've had the most luck getting fiefs when I'm leading the army that takes the fief and I have high relations with most of the vassals in my faction. Neither of those things guarantee that you'll be eligible for the vote, but it gives you the best chance. I think there's also a recency bias too, so if you got a fief not that long ago, you're less likely to get another one. The ruler of your faction is probably less likely to give you shit if you already have a lot of fiefs as well. Make sure you're checking the ballot after any fief goes up for a vote though, because I've sometimes been on a ballots for shit that I had no part in sieging.

>Also is creating your own army bugged?

It's been working fine for me. You got enough influence to pay for all the dudes you're recruiting into your army?
>>
Aeries Gainsborough - Sun, 12 Apr 2020 15:53:41 EST hVxfQuyy No.751466 Reply
>>751453

Double post but:

>there is no button to actually form the army, only to dissolve it.

Are you clicking the "Done" button? It's a little bit below the button that says disband army. That's the button that confirms your army.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:33:43 EST d+EH7UKb No.751503 Reply
>>751465
Just trade until you unlock the trade perks to buy fiefs outright from other vassals.
>>
Bob the Killer Goldfish - Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:06:57 EST fpO1DpjD No.751533 Reply
>>751466
I tried to make an army with other vassals and had plenty of influence but there was no option to form up. I watched a video and there was a button but that never came up in my game. Same with making multiple parties of my own companions, I try to form an army with them and the cancel and done buttons at that bottom just aren't there.
>>
Cid - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 05:56:42 EST U/51w8fW No.751560 Reply
the start of this game is so fucking slow. I get that you gotta give your troops mounts for the world map, but getting from one place to the next feels like a chore, and raising skills when you have no skills is fuckin shit
>>
Kasumi Koto - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 08:31:08 EST fpO1DpjD No.751563 Reply
>>751560
You know you can speed up time right? You can get from one edge of the map to the other in like 3 mins sped up.

As far as skills go, you gotta spend focus points in the ones you want to level. That bumps the percentage rate at which they go up. So for example, if you want to go all fighting style, you put your points into one handed, 2 handed etc. and just go to the arena and practice fight and you'll level up in no time.
>>
Ares Enduwa - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:14:07 EST hVxfQuyy No.751566 Reply
>>751560

Mount & Blade games always start out slow dude. Part of the fun is starting out as a weak little bitch and slowly building yourself up until you're leading armies and shit. Bannerlord early game passes by faster than Warband's early game though. Just become a merc or a vassal as soon as you can and join in on some fights. You get a fuck ton of horses and shit from every fight with enemy vassals it seems like. Especially if you join a faction that's at war with the Khuzaits. I have so many fuckin horses that I'm having to butcher them or sell them off constantly.
>>
Jack Rex - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 15:59:26 EST rTxXFbyM No.751567 Reply
>>750894
Anyone playing this with low ass spec? I bought this at launch and it ran like wet hot garbage but I'm on i5 7400 3ghz, 8gb ram, 1060 3gb. Really miss this game but I might just need a better PC to play it I guess.
>>
Ares Enduwa - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:26:23 EST hVxfQuyy No.751569 Reply
>>751567

I remember reading there was some issue with 1060 and 1070 GPUs in Bannerlord. Not sure if that got resolved yet or not but that could be the issue.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:17:57 EST d+EH7UKb No.751570 Reply
>>751569
Yeah you can spec down the game to like 2.5 GB of GPU utilization or lower, but it has leaks here and there and can easily blow past the 3GB cap and crash. Beta software in general has a much bigger footprint than what you would expect for a finished product.
>>
Jack Rex - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:54:40 EST rTxXFbyM No.751571 Reply
>>751570
Do you think I would I be able to play it but expect crashes? I refunded it but I fuckin miss it.
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Wed, 15 Apr 2020 18:49:05 EST d+EH7UKb No.751572 Reply
>>751571
My assumption is no, it's not stable enough yet, but they are iterating so quickly that it will probably be fixed in a matter of weeks, at most.
>>
Mr. Saturn - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 00:07:34 EST jSVdA87p No.751578 Reply
>>751571
should have just kept that sale price and waited with it in your list.
>>
Haggar - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 03:07:08 EST KWe8xu0X No.751584 Reply
1587020828802.jpg -(723569B / 706.61KB, 2695x2163) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>750894
>>750895
but the most important question:
How are the combat controls?
Did they use the moronic wii-motion-controls of its predecessors?
>>
Trainer Red - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 07:31:06 EST XUc1sXap No.751595 Reply
>>751592
>This Mod removes the subtle and not so subtle ideological talk from female Followers when recruiting and has them talk like a medieval woman in such circumstances likely would.
Ho
Lee
Shit

The funny thing is that this guy actually thinks he's restoring historical accuracy. There's no solid record of how women spoke then, and what records there are, are of course largely from men

I imagine it's a tendie boy fantasy where they are perfect slaves who only say "yes, m'lord" and speak in short sentences but only in answer to questions
>>
Joanna Dark - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 08:16:32 EST bf+e8rMd No.751597 Reply
>>751595
i like how he thinks that paragraph he wrote makes it LESS ideological, my man's the kind of person to get mad about Milan
>>
Cervantes de León - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:42:53 EST fpO1DpjD No.751600 Reply
>>751571
My specs are almost identical to yours only my 1060 is a 6GB. Day one the game ran like shit and crashed a bunch. I definitely had the memory leak issue after checking task manager it was taking up 99% and stalling all my shit.

I tweaked some settings but short answer is they've fixed a lot of issues with their patches. I still get minor lag here and there and big castle sieges will for sure slow things down, but that's not a hardware issue as much as a programming one that I bet they'll fix in time (the lag starts when all the soldiers try to find the most efficient way to get in ie clog up ladders, siege towers and gates).

Honestly this game is great, for real. Not sure what else to say other than I haven't had any major tech issues since release.
>>
Dregs - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:44:05 EST BmETl52y No.751602 Reply
>>751592
Horrible grammar AND bigotry. It takes a special kind of stupid to think this is a good idea.
>>
Lord of Shadowgate - Thu, 16 Apr 2020 16:36:58 EST hVxfQuyy No.751609 Reply
>>751604

Dialogue is pretty sparse in general. Companions will give you a back story that kind of lets you know what their skills are when you meet them but they don't really say anything other than that. M&B has never been full of a ton of dialogue and Bannerlord's dialogue isn't even complete yet. Sometimes when I talk to a NPC they'll literally have placeholder text such as "This is a generic back story/greeting".
>>
Trainer Red - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:09:30 EST wNcsjSSV No.751632 Reply
>>751609
Okay so this new patch is fucking up my caravans like crazy, fucking bandits and looters costing me now 18k and having me go and retrieve my companions. I guess they capped caravans at 30 which isn't great when bands of 50+ looters and bandits are running around.

All that aside though, does anyone know if your companions skills even matter? Like I have a guy that is 100 scouting and he definitely helps me see more, but I've also got an 80 Engineer and she doesn't seem to be doing shit in sieges.
>>
Cranky Kong - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 13:14:25 EST hVxfQuyy No.751636 Reply
>>751632

Are you setting that companion's role to Engineer in your clan menu? Can't say I've tested it with Engi since I don't have any companions with Engi skill, but when I have one with high stewardship and when I set her to quartermaster it has an immediate effect and raises my limit for how many units I can recruit into my party.
>>
Trainer Red - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 14:08:12 EST wNcsjSSV No.751639 Reply
>>751636
Yeah I set the roles. I guess there's just no visual way to tell with Engi, but my own skill goes up so it feels like it's using mine during sieges.
>>
Cranky Kong - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:39:42 EST hVxfQuyy No.751642 Reply
>>751639

Yeah I dunno then. My stewardship skill kept going up even when I had a companion assigned to that role and was benefiting from their stewardship, so maybe it's working for your engineering too? Kinda hard to tell with engineering unless you're timing how long it takes you to build shit for sieges.
>>
Sheogorath - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 18:21:22 EST 5JgaaZWD No.751646 Reply
Bannerlord made me aware that not only is my processor 7 years old, my motherboard is 7 years old as well.

I got a potato for a rig and I wasn't even aware of it.

I obviously don't play much of new hardware heavy games anymore because they're shit.
>>
Claptrap - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 19:19:57 EST QG2iKnqT No.751654 Reply
1587165597244.jpg -(8192B / 8.00KB, 274x220) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>751651
He isn't wrong. Most of the latest games have been pure fucking trash. I've only found a few hipster level super obscure PC ones that are actually good. Come to think of it I can't even remember the last time I saw a genuinely great triple A game come out. The last one probably was Divinity Original Sin 2 which was super recent but idk you could call Larian a triple A studio.

This also made me realize the whole reason EA gets away with their bullshit is because it's a merger of the pure cancer that is the US sports and advertisement regime, and then they use their monopoly on bullshit like NFL games to leverage those shekels against the rest of the digital entertainment complex when really it has nothing at all to do with making good entertainment but rather is an entirely premeditated attempt to destroy every single angle of competition against their sports whoredom and naked whoring of US imperialism and the military industrial complex through their shooters bullshit and Activision is largely following the same agenda. They're bankrupting these studios on purpose as part of a premeditated plot. The only things they want to allow to exist is basketball and NFL bullshit and army recruitment games. This is because competing ideas can easily arise in the fertile ground of vidya and sow the seeds of discontent against their power complex. It is partly why the story of DX got totally neutered into being some bland story about the promotion of consumerism and widened access to consumer goods rather than anything radical or threatening.
>>
Adoring Fan - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 19:27:47 EST XUc1sXap No.751655 Reply
>>751654
I don't play a lot of AAA stuff but Monster Hunter World is legitimately entertaining. A great one for being quantratined. BotW was also good.

I guess I don't really play many AAA games.

But still, saying all demanding modern games are shit? I don't buy it. Rarely do I need my PC power but I'm happy when I have it. There's a reason that the GPU is the bottleneck on the system. I agree with the guy somewhat; he's just wrong because he's using universals.
>>
Sheogorath - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 19:33:12 EST 5JgaaZWD No.751656 Reply
1587166392978.jpg -(148794B / 145.31KB, 445x290) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>751655

But they are. You'll realize that fact once you burn yourself out on the Skinner-box design you think you enjoy.

One day you'll ask yourself why the fuck doesn't this give me the juice anymore, and then you understand the world has moved on without you. You've become old and picky, and the AAA devs only care about the young and impressionable.
>>
Wolf O'Donnell - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 20:01:44 EST BJtLvEfC No.751659 Reply
>>751657
I think it depends on the game and how you tilt your CPU. When I built my PC 3 weeks ago you still wanted to spend at least 2 maybe 3 times as much on the graphics card as the CPU at the mid range bracket.

Some simulation games are legit processor heavy and when the next console gens ships expect the standard number of cores to rise as they will have 6 or 8 physical cores as standard.
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Fri, 17 Apr 2020 23:05:29 EST XUc1sXap No.751664 Reply
1587179129119.png -(689705B / 673.54KB, 1366x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>751656
>One day you'll ask yourself why the fuck doesn't this give me the juice anymore
Do you even like video games, man? I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy playing. I'm an amateur game dev and I play a lot of different games, and give up on them when I don't like them anymore and feel 0 remorse. I finish pretty much nothing, because yeah, the loop gets stale. But some loops last longer than others. Some loops have lasted me thousands of hours over the years.

>>751657
The GPU usually is the bottleneck, but it's not on my system. I have a budget but decent GPU running in a box that is brand new and very stronk. For the work that I do, which is to say programming and a lot of multitasking, what's important to me is generally complicated logic handled by the CPU, and that needs to resolve quickly. Response time is the only thing I care about, basically. There are some things that are offloaded onto the GPU but by and large, no. An expensive GPU is mostly a waste of money IMO. Just run it on Medium, fucking hell. Like the other guy said, there's not a lot that's shiny and new that's even worth playing, and having sparkly graphics makes the experience maybe 5% better at most. Unless you're writing in CUDA or some shit, doing AI work, etc., a gaymer GPU isn't worth the power it draws, the money it costs or the heat it generates.
>>
Augustus Cole - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 01:50:04 EST ujmTE7du No.751666 Reply
>>751664
You're an amateur game dev? So what? Maybe make the next cave story, axiom verge or undertale; then someone will care. Hopefully you wont develop some phone game. Claiming you're an amatuer game dev is like going on /mma/ and claiming you're an amatuer fighter.
>>
Trainer Blue - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 07:27:35 EST eXye2g9V No.751667 Reply
>>751666
this is all warrantable, but at the same time...who gives a fuck about you and your cynicism?
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 09:49:05 EST XUc1sXap No.751669 Reply
>>751666
I develop for a game that's been going for quite a long time. It's pretty decent, but I don't play it much anymore. Mostly it just sucks my time away. It made me into a weak fullstack dev without ever developing professionally.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/352700/Subspace_Continuum/

Axiom Verge is unplayable, btw. If you can play a metroidlike with that level of input lag you're brain damaged. Same with the first Isaac game, totally unplayable
>>
Cain Highwind - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:48:11 EST hVxfQuyy No.751674 Reply
>>751664
>a gaymer GPU isn't worth the power it draws, the money it costs or the heat it generates.

They really aren't that expensive for people that have real jobs. Guess being an "amateur game dev" isn't working out too well for you.
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 15:03:18 EST XUc1sXap No.751675 Reply
>>751674
You do know what amateur means, right? "A person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid rather than a professional basis." Being an amateur game dev always pays $0, categorically.

I'm a college professor, which doesn't pay the absolute best, but I'm doing fine on money. There are far better things to spend money on than a nearly-worthless GPU.
>>
Cain Highwind - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 15:13:40 EST hVxfQuyy No.751676 Reply
>>751675

>You do know what amateur means, right? "A person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid rather than a professional basis." Being an amateur game dev always pays $0, categorically.

No shit. That's why I said they aren't that expensive for people with real jobs. You're kinda dumb for someone who claims to be a college professor.

>There are far better things to spend money on than a nearly-worthless GPU

If you consider gaming a hobby, I don't see how spending a couple hundred bucks for a decent gpu is that big of a deal. I can think of plenty of hobbies that people waste way more money on than gaming, but you do whatever you want my dude.
>>
Ignatio Mobius - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 16:50:13 EST XUc1sXap No.751677 Reply
>>751676
I feel like I'm talking to a lamppost, but amateur game dev is something you do for a hobby, outside of what you do for work. Think you're just a bit buttblasted that I think you're wasting money and resources on your omegacool gaymer GPU.
>>
Cain Highwind - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 17:19:33 EST hVxfQuyy No.751678 Reply
>>751677

When someone on the internet brags about being an "amateur game dev" and then talks about GPUs being too expensive in the very same post, it sounds like one of those losers that considers their "amateur game dev" work as their career even though it makes them no money and they're really just unemployed losers living in their mother's basement and doing nothing with their lives. If you actually have a real job and you're just doing dev work on the side then you're all good bud, but I'm sure you could see what your earlier post reads like if you think about it for a moment.

Still not sure why you think dropping a couple hundred bucks on a GPU is such a colossal waste of money for a hobby, especially when there are plenty of hobbies out there that are way more expensive, but it's your money so do what you want. It's not like you have to drop a grand to buy a gpu that'll play shit on ultra/high these days.

>Think you're just a bit buttblasted that I think you're wasting money and resources on your omegacool gaymer GPU.

I "waste" way more money on other bull shit than I did on my GPU. No point in having money if you aren't going to spend some of it on things you enjoy.
>>
Mr. Saturn - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 19:01:03 EST 5JgaaZWD No.751680 Reply
>>751664

>Do you even like video games, man?

Hello dingdong? There are plenty of good old games that still provide, and plenty of indies that knows just how to make real video game.

I don't wanna shit on whatever you like, but if you can't see the standard skinner box AAA devs always aspire to nowadays that is on you.
>>
Nathan Drake - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:33:47 EST wNcsjSSV No.751683 Reply
>>751680
wtf happened to this thread holy shit nb

Also Rhagaea a mega hoe, I personally took 2 towns and 3 castles and she took them all. Fuck that bitch I went to Vlandia and won a castle in like 20mins.
>>
Companion Cube - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 20:48:25 EST BJtLvEfC No.751684 Reply
>>751680
"Indie" being "anything outside the 10 to 20 AAA games per year" apparently. There's a whole spectrum on various budgets. Basically the majority of the market is now the "COD, FIFA and maybe 2 other games per year" crowd and the competition is either to dethrone the above or be one of the other two games.

If you are not in that crowd there's everything from works of love from individuals to double figure teams producing headline grabbing games. Because AAA budgets are mostly marketing, if you know your audience is smaller you can make a game nearly as good with a fraction of the budget. Of course then you're reliant on game quality rather than it just being something everyone does with their mates to sell copies. I'm not complaining though.

Divinity Original Sin cost $4.5m to make and made about $6.5m in revenue in the first week.
>>
Yoshimitsu - Sat, 18 Apr 2020 23:48:30 EST jSVdA87p No.751686 Reply
>>751584
Yes, the combat put it apart from other melee games. It's a bit more refined though.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.