Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

Skyrim, buy or 'aquire' (on pc)

- Fri, 08 May 2020 17:55:35 EST uVSF4Psk No.752349
File: 1588974935416.jpg -(89989B / 87.88KB, 720x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Skyrim, buy or 'aquire' (on pc)
I guess after 35 years I might as-well play Skyrim (with an eye on modding it); so should I just buy it from steam, ebay a disc, or just torrent it?
>>
Dr. Klein - Fri, 08 May 2020 19:00:13 EST RWMn+/wa No.752351 Reply
>>752349
Just torrent that shit. Dont give any money to Bethesda's. Specially after that bullshit they tried to pull off a few years back on modding
>>
Dregs - Fri, 08 May 2020 19:37:00 EST Oy/JS5v7 No.752352 Reply
>>752349
Buying the game has no benefit over torrenting it. Also, you shouldn't pay for this game anymore. Too many people already bought 5 different copies from all the different stupid tax editions they've made of skyrim. We can't let bethesda just keep releasing the same game every year for 10 years. It's bad for the business, and we shouldn't support that shit.
>>
Chihuahua Enthusiast - Fri, 08 May 2020 19:45:05 EST ckq6QyEd No.752353 Reply
1588981505367.png -(42841B / 41.84KB, 149x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Just pirate it, man.

Anyway, not on topic, but my highly modded Oblivion just got terribly corrupted and steam doesn't want to launch it anymore. I'm gonna hame to reinstall it AND reinstall all the mods ALL OVER AGAIN

Worst part is that this is not even my wifi. I hope the neighbor doesn't notice my 6gb download of oblivion
>>
Mei Ling - Fri, 08 May 2020 19:55:50 EST IcB310ea No.752356 Reply
>>752349

If it was reasonably priced, like 10 dollars, I'd say buy it. But it's 40 dollars so fuck them, torrent it.

Also if I had to recommend a mod, Wildcat is a good combat mod that doesn't do too much, but helps the shitty combat be a little less shitty.
>>
Dregs - Sat, 09 May 2020 02:31:20 EST Oy/JS5v7 No.752364 Reply
>>752349
Also try enderall. It's a full overhaul for skyrim that's amazing. Truly epic CHIM level story telling.
>>
Cole Phelps - Sat, 09 May 2020 15:06:09 EST yvugdZpj No.752373 Reply
>>752349

Bethesda doesn't deserve money because all they will do with it is create absolute shit and expect you to pay for mods. Torrent the basic version and use mods... MAYBE torrent the VR version if you got VR but don't go about getting VR just to play skyrim. The only issue is the workshop on steam is actually pretty complete for skyrim but it's not like you couldn't just use nexus. plenty of good mods to fill out the experience. like hunger/thirst and dirtiness if you want that sort of extra chore. up your follower count and turn those travel carts into real time rides. go camping.... I got a lot of mods that turn the game into a slow paced D&D style adventure if you play your character within the rules ( not become master of every thing/ play your class)
>>
Vault Boy - Sat, 09 May 2020 16:55:51 EST wHy/lo28 No.752377 Reply
1589057751428.png -(2957366B / 2.82MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752356
going in this vein but slightly different direction, I'd way way recommend CGO as your gameplay overhaul compared to the other choices that make the game more "lethal" and fast. My issue with Skyrim's gameplay and combat is how stiff and floaty the actual mechanics of moving and attacking are ,considering how actiony it is, everything feels very locked in and static. CGO changes how you interact with the game from the ground up, instead of just making enemy AI more aggressive and getting hit more dangerous, it changes fundamental things like being able to move freely during a power attack, momentum to your movement (as well as slight camera sway you can customize), attacking in the air, shields with 2-handed weapons and 2-handing 1-handers for different combat tactics, a relatively seamless rolling mechanic etc. it's a very new mod but I've used it in my most recent build and have had absolutely no problems with it for about 25 hours. Better Jumping as well to be able to jump while running, getting a running start and two handing your weapon into a jump and landing a massive power attack on someone's head is way more raw mechanical fun than I ever thought I'd get from Skyrim.

That along with ordinator for actual RPG level of build-variety and specialization, and apocolypse spells for more variety and utility/downright fun in magic. right now I'm building a speech/restoration/block focused paladin/knight, specializing in stamina for extra shield bash damage, with utility and crowd control from speech and the healing over time and magic damage from restoration, and perks to make heavy armor less encumbering, as well as make helms optional so I can show my face/wear a fur head, which brings me to the other best part of playing skyrim, CAMPING. Get campfire and frostfall + the fix to make the meters work right in SE, turn off fast travel and waiting outdoors, and get the carriage/ferry overhaul for immersive fast travel. Cap that off with convenient horses to make exploring the world have less down-time (hopping off you horse to pick ingredients, loot something, or kill a quick wolf no longer necessary) as well as not needing a follower to store items on because your horse can carry things for you. More of a personal thing really, because I can't leave behind any treasure, but it drives me bananas having a follower that is constantly tagging along. Voila, immersive survival camping simulator to cap off your now decent action RPG.

Try a bunch of stuff and have fun with it, skyrim can really go in so many directions. skybirds makes the world feel so much more alive, Immersive sounds compendium for new/customizable sound effects, ihud for less intrusive HUD (goes great with point the way and a paper map mod). Immersive citizens is one that is tricky because it often times doesn't play well with city overhauls, but the depth it gives to NPC behavior I just can't go without after having used it.

hope no one minds the ramble. tl;dr If you can get Special Edition for less than $20 I'd say it's worth it, if not just pirate a version that will work with the newest SKSE. Focus on a few foundational mods that really solve the fundamental issues YOU find with the game, not just what people recommend, and mod/save as you go so you can revert back if you have conflicts (happened to me several times trying to get a good balance of city overhaul mods and immersive citizens for examples.
>>
Vault Boy - Sat, 09 May 2020 17:00:24 EST wHy/lo28 No.752378 Reply
1589058024428.png -(2642476B / 2.52MB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752377
The mods I'm using in the pic are just basic stuff like obsidian weathers, realistic water 2 and skyrim flora overhaul. Definitely get the Special Edition BTW, it's more stable, runs faster and looks better than Legendary Edition. The only reason to ever get the basic edition was because of the lack of SKSE for SE on and after release, but now pretty much every worthwhile mod is available on SE.
nb for double-post
>>
Abe - Sun, 10 May 2020 00:18:28 EST RWMn+/wa No.752386 Reply
>>752377
You lost all credability when you advised to even remotely purchase Skyrim. Its worth shit. I wouldn't buy it if it was 99cents.
>>
Four - Sun, 10 May 2020 04:33:38 EST +j5z76LS No.752388 Reply
>>752386
Nah man. Its decent. With mods its really good. If modding it is too much trouble, someone made a modpack called Ultimate Skyrim for you to try out. Makes it far more intense and rewarding.
>>
Abe - Sun, 10 May 2020 11:09:03 EST RWMn+/wa No.752393 Reply
>>752392
You crawled up on me died. Dont reply to me Four. I dont like you.
>>
Geno - Sun, 10 May 2020 15:42:58 EST hVxfQuyy No.752394 Reply
About the only benefit to getting it on Steam is that you get access to the steam workshop which is nice and simple to use, but it's not like modding skyrim is hard so it's not a huge benefit. If it were only a few bucks I'd say get it on steam, but that shit is damn near a decade old now and they still want 40 bucks for it so it's not worth it.
>>
Archangel Tyrael - Tue, 12 May 2020 23:17:53 EST uVSF4Psk No.752469 Reply
1589339873730.jpg -(103749B / 101.32KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
OP here, so I pirated it and forgot that this new laptop doesn't have a vpn on it so I got a copywrite strike. Ooops. Oh well.

Anyways the version I got [Skyrim Legendary Edition repack Mr DJ] had extras added on so I decided to dive in without mods, but this laptop can't really render the shadows well so it's been doing them in gradiating lines, like when sunlight pours through ventian blinds and that's been my biggest visual complaint. Well that and every human is just damn ugly. The other thing that pisses me off is I go to a Jarl or whatever and try to listen in on their worldbuilding conversation, but then a guard wanders AND TALKS OVER EVERYBODY ELSE (and takes up the captions too) complaining about not having mead or whatever.

I wish I liked random exploring more; but I find it annoying how there will be crabs, bandits, and wolves at my level but then something like trolls or witches will just totally destroy my shit even when I'm trying to run away. Also I'm annoyed at money being tight and I'm too new to be persuasive for better prices for things that I really need - that's too realistic.
>>
Mallow - Wed, 13 May 2020 03:33:22 EST DLj2jr43 No.752474 Reply
>>752469
That's actually not that common of a thing, Bethesda is notorious for doing it it, the only ones I've ever gotten were from either Bethesda or Konami, not related but i think it's funny you got into the game after years and the second you do Todd Howard sends you a love letter. The thing about not encountering enemies you can't fight is trademark Bethesda too because they can't into level scaling and play it off as a feature, it was way worse in Morrowind.
>>
Four - Sun, 31 May 2020 11:26:40 EST T7tWKoN5 No.753011 Reply
1590938800179.png -(183217B / 178.92KB, 600x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
The modders are a bit dickish about this. Apparently, Tools Like LOOT won't recognize The Skyrim Folder if it's a pirated version. It's the only reason why I still have Steam installed. I heard they only went acknowledge copies of mods stolen from Patreon pages. Not sure how they do it.
>>
Sgt. Cortez - Sun, 31 May 2020 18:14:04 EST noL7S+Qv No.753013 Reply
isnt there a mod for multiplayer that has been in the works for several years? think i watched a youtube vid about it when i was drunk or something
>>
Four - Sun, 31 May 2020 22:07:26 EST 4dY9XSz7 No.753015 Reply
1590977246660.png -(202309B / 197.57KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Modding Skyrim has become so easy in the past five years or so. I mean, it has always been easy but you have to be borderline retarded to fuck it up now. You have a wide range of tools to stop you from messing it up. If you still do, well, maybe you should talk to a professional about it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.