Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

can you prove with facts and logic that deus ex is not worse than deus ex human revolution

- Fri, 29 May 2020 14:08:40 EST YsgoTsb3 No.752957
File: 1590775720102.jpg -(132966B / 129.85KB, 665x1280) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. can you prove with facts and logic that deus ex is not worse than deus ex human revolution
you can't. Deus ex human revolution has infinitely better gameplay, level design, music, audio, story, and gr4yphx (the most important part). ok, maybe it don't have better story, but that don't matter as much as the rest of the improvements
>>
Navi - Fri, 29 May 2020 14:19:55 EST ++RlJNjq No.752958 Reply
>>752957
because human revolution was effectively a remake of the original game.
  • first mission is liberty island v2
  • hub area is unatco v2
  • hengsha is hong kong v2
  • augment glitch is gray death v2
  • v2 of the original boss fights

also the same mission where your pilot bro gets shot down and you can either run or go for a difficult rescue. you can match the two games almost point for point.
>>
Dregs - Fri, 29 May 2020 16:08:16 EST 1gcP/wOX No.752959 Reply
>>752957
Alex Jensen is a grimdark blank slate. Fucking boring protagonist.

Gameplay: About the same, as long as you play on hard. And they took the RPG elements out of gunplay, which is for the better.

Level Design: About the same. Very faithful to the originals. No improvement, here.

Music: The music in HR is shit. It's generic orchestral music on a 30 second loop. It often plays over conversations, making them impossible to hear because the default audio levels must have been set up by a 6th grader. Also why is the music constantly playing EVERYWHERE, during EVERY CONVERSATION? I turned that shit off.

Audio: Worse than the originals. Yes, the sampling quality is better, but I can't even hear the conversations without turning my audio up 50% and then I have to turn it back down during the next fight or risk bleeding out of my ears.

Story: Worse than the originals. Much worse. They've had 7 years to get rid of the cliffhangers in Jensen's story and actually tie him into the overall arc properly, but they haven't. This is why Mankind Divided failed. Because eidos thinks that they can get away with NO story at all. Things happening to your protagonist just because he exists isn't a good story. It's basically just a dream. There's no purpose, no point, and it's just wish fulfillment. Alex never CHOOSES to do things for himself because he's a blank slate. He's just carried on a lazy river of fucked up events. Alex has no personality. He's just a walking bundle of carbon fiber and PTSD with a smoldering look on it's face.

Graphics: Human revolution ran like shit. The characters would often keep gesturing for a good 10 seconds after their conversation was done because of the bad optimisation. I'd rather play a game that looks a little blocky than a game with frame skipping and shitty animation. And that was just the console version. The PC version often stutters and freezes, even just trying to look at the map. The map, which is next to useless because of the style they rendered it in.

You see improvements? I see very little in the way of actual improvements. There's a lot of hype and what appears to be improvements on the surface, but with no story, a shitty protagonist that we aren't drawn to care about, and bad performance I'm going to have to disagree with you there.
>>
Chihuahua Supremacist - Fri, 29 May 2020 19:38:31 EST YsgoTsb3 No.752961 Reply
1590795511703.jpg -(64271B / 62.76KB, 800x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752958
what about it

>>752959
what the fuck are you talking about? Have you even played the same game as me?

>Alex Jensen is a grimdark blank slate. Fucking boring protagonist.
>Alex has no personality. He's just a walking bundle of carbon fiber and PTSD with a smoldering look on it's face.

If you had played the game you'd know that ADAM (not alex) Jensen is a very sassy and savage guy, a lot like JC Denton.

>Gameplay: About the same

what. WHAT???!!!?!?!? Bro, did you even play the goddamn game?

>Level Design: About the same. Very faithful to the originals. No improvement, here.

Nah. OG deus ex is severely worse, it's like babby's first level design. It's full of rooms that are either overly big or overly small; the alternate playstyle paths aren't as slickly connected; it's full of rooms that make no sense visually, with weird empy spaces and weird objects where they're not supposed to be, like a first time designer put the levels together. It's shit.

Like what is the purpose of that platform thing on the image? What is the purpose of that wall? What kind of architect would make a place like this?

>Music: The music in HR is shit. It's generic orchestral music on a 30 second loop.

Oh god, how can a person be so wrong. The soundtrack is very tasteful cyber-noir stuff, it's absolutely perfect for the style of the game, unlike og deus ex's soundtrack. The main theme of og deus ex sounds like the xmen cartoon theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAkL2-vh2Sk), it's so out of place and silly and un-scifi.

>It often plays over conversations, making them impossible to hear

Well, I didn't hear this problem in the director's cut version of the game. Haven't played the original.

>Graphics: The PC version often stutters and freezes, even just trying to look at the map. The map, which is next to useless because of the style they rendered it in.

Bro, did you get your PC in a cereal box? How shit does your pc have to be to run deus ex human revolution badly? And I don't think it ran any bad even on the release date. Are you talking about mankind divided? Because mankind divided does run like ass on PC, but even the dora the explorer toy laptop can run human revolution at 4k 120fps.

>You see improvements?

Um, the gunplay is dramatically better; the stealth is dramatically better; the AI is dramatically better; the upgrades system is dramatically better; there's a persuasion dialog system that as far as I remember wasn't even a thing on OG deus ex; the level design is slick, with clever alternate paths and environments that are stylistically consistent and feel lived in; there are tons of npcs to talk to and tons of sidequests. OG deus ex is so clunky that it feels like an asset flip 2 bucks steam game by comparison, so take off your nostalgia glasses, you fool. YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
Kim Kaphwan - Fri, 29 May 2020 21:44:11 EST 7u5Uepgp No.752968 Reply
>>752959
>The music in HR is shit

Michael McCann is one of the best composers in game music, and you're a fucking dolt.
>>
Four - Fri, 29 May 2020 23:58:35 EST 6xSnEd9I No.752970 Reply
1590811115091.png -(31819B / 31.07KB, 213x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752968
Eh. It wasn't all that great in HR. It was overwhelming in some instances. You could be hiding behind a wall, waiting for someone to show up and the music would blaring st you like you're fighting an army. It also gets repetitive. Both Michael McCann and Mick Gorden overrated.
>>
Dregs - Sat, 30 May 2020 01:40:57 EST 1gcP/wOX No.752971 Reply
>>752961
You see that? Adam is so generic I keep getting his name confused with the blank slate Alex D from Invisible War. Yeah, he's like JC except edgy and full of rage. He's not sassy, just savage.

Yes. gameplay is about the same. Like I said, gunplay was improved, but the way the game plays is actually pretty much the same. As long as you play on hard, it's still properly challenging. Cover mode isn't an improvement over leaning, and third person perspectives are a shitty immersion breaker, but I'll take the good with the bad.

The level design is about the same. There was always around 3 different ways to navigate obstacles. Sometimes it was the strength path, or the enhanced jumping path, or the chameleon and hacker path, but all the old games had several ways to succeed. That box could be cover that the terrorists set up, and the walls are pretty normal in american architecture.

One bad turn doesn't cure another. Sure, the old music wasn't amazing. But it didn't start blaring like it's the end of days while you're questioning a person about their missing cat. The music in HR itself is fine. It's the implementation of the music that is bad.

No, my computer is fine to run HR. The problem is that the optimisation is bad. Some scenes stutter all the time, including on the PS4 and Xbox one versions. Like any time the icarus is used. It looks shitty and has framerate drops. People having conversations look like idiots because they say their lines then keep waving and nodding at the air for 10-20 seconds before the conversation continues.

Oh shit, the stealth isn't better, you moron. It's just easier. Which really isn't an improvement because it's not realistic. The invisibility augmentation is cruise control for winning. The AI is dumber than it used to be ie nobody calls for backup and alarms are over in a minute. Used to be alarms had consequences. Now you just hide in a vent for a few seconds.

I don't have nostalgia glasses on. OG Deus Ex is a weird fusion of a table top RPG mixed with an FPS. It's janky as fuck. But there are some things it did just as well, if not better than the current series. Just like the current series did well to remove the RNG from gunplay, the OG series did their main character better. They had a better story. What's Adam's story? We don't even fucking know because they keep pulling cliff hangers and memory loss games with it to extract more money from people without having to write an original story.
>>
Chihuahua Supremacist - Sat, 30 May 2020 12:56:40 EST YsgoTsb3 No.752978 Reply
1590857800693.gif -(19068B / 18.62KB, 256x38) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752970

>>752971
wow, you've got balls to try to mental gymnastics your way out of this when you're clearly objectively wrong on each and every point. I might respond at some point if I feel like wasting my time
>>
Super Meat Boy - Sat, 30 May 2020 13:32:51 EST lmeASA0D No.752981 Reply
>>752978
See folks, this is why you don't respond to the dogfucker unless it's to call him a dogfucker. He NEVER argues in good faith, it would take away from his time sticking his dick into chihuahuas.
>>
Chihuahua Supremacist - Sat, 30 May 2020 14:05:38 EST YsgoTsb3 No.752983 Reply
>>752981
>He NEVER argues in good faith

i'm sorry, i'm not religious
>>
Gannondorf - Sat, 30 May 2020 14:33:24 EST CFmEoR3Y No.752985 Reply
>>752981
He's not wrong though. Dude he's replying to is so blatantly wrong about both games, I doubt he's even played more than an hour or two of both. Not to mention backpedaling from "music is shit" to "music is fine".
>>
Dregs - Sat, 30 May 2020 19:07:11 EST 1gcP/wOX No.752994 Reply
>>752985
I corrected myself. I do think the music is generic and boring, but it's fine for an ambient soundtrack. It's the way it's used that's stupid. And I've beaten every DE game multiple times on multiple platforms except Mankind Divided, which I'm currently playing.

I forgot this is the internet, where you can't cede an inch or your opinion suddenly becomes invalid...
>>
Feng Wei - Sat, 30 May 2020 20:03:30 EST BJtLvEfC No.752995 Reply
>>752994
420chan is usually pretty good for ceding opinions and accepting appologies but this is a video games board and those are always worse, especially when it's a brazilian role playing as an idiot

I think human revolution gets a bad rap from a lot of people when it was a very fun well polished and decent game. It had a variety of approaches and they were all solidly done. The writing was good enough though the big twist about the way they solved the need for neuroprazine was obvious (not sure if that's intentional or not though). The characters were decent the social commentary was not bold or imaginative but it was nethertheless on the nose and well done.

The original was janky and ugly but also much smarter. It let you break the usual narrative conventions. The game had a few bits that could be derailed by the player and that was cool. It's a feeling you get on certain tabletop games when the players do something clever and outthink your scheme and you're left going "sure, you deserved this easy win". The game does the same and I think that's cool. It's something most games inspired by tabletop RPGs don't do (except Larian where the game expects it, which is cool but not in the same way) and is impressive. The actual story was sort of nutty but in a charming way and it also managed to touch on social issues. The dialogue and characters was less polished but that sometimes felt more authentic and sometimes just most fun. The actual combat was the bit that let it down.

Human revolution has Big Rizzle
>Yeah RIP
And the original has the hotel owner
>what a shame

I await the big cash in remake.
>>
Eddy Gordo - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:33:11 EST XCHiW7gO No.753028 Reply
>>752957

I agree. I've tried multiple times over the passed 20 years to get into the original and I always just get bored and never turn it on again. Deus Ex: HR (and MD together) are probably in my top 10 games.
>>
Four - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:38:45 EST GKoc6zLG No.753030 Reply
1591025925672.gif -(234997B / 229.49KB, 379x387) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>753028
I can understand liking Human Revolution cause it has Malik in it, but Mankind divided was big let down. Lots of interesting plot points that didn't go anywhere. I loved the villains, both the religious crazy lady and Bane wanna be. I was soo stoked playing the game, I thought we were really going to somewhere really awesome but then it just ended.
>>
Shaun Hastings - Mon, 01 Jun 2020 11:58:01 EST uZxzC6+0 No.753031 Reply
1591027081182.png -(275264B / 268.81KB, 1714x849) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>752957
The gunplay in HR is better.
Everything else, especially the story and writing, is better in the original.

And Deus Ex is NOT primarily about the gunplay.
>>
Jason Fleming - Tue, 02 Jun 2020 02:59:56 EST G4BVTJiR No.753042 Reply
>>753030
same! I was like
>"sweet, build up to the thing, excited for what happens next"

>credits
>>
Four - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 02:26:50 EST tsjkXUw5 No.753065 Reply
>>753042
I fucking preordered that shit man. I heard they had a lot of DLC planned for the game go expand on that plot points but it all got cancelled. I haven't bought anything SquareEnix related since.
>>
Darkstalker Kaathe - Wed, 03 Jun 2020 10:50:57 EST XCHiW7gO No.753082 Reply
>>753042

I guess I'm in the minority then. I enjoyed it almost as much as HR but that might be that story took a backseat for me in both games. There for sure was a lot more content with HR though.
>>
Four - Sat, 06 Jun 2020 07:01:26 EST TsMpQuk1 No.753153 Reply
1591441286796.png -(30097B / 29.39KB, 128x128) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>753148
That's actually really difficult to pull off, not because it's impossible or anything, it's just you don't know if you triggered an alarm or killed someone until the end of the game. I'm talking about the trophy on the playstation ofcourse. Drove me mad in Human Revolution and I was ready to try it out for Mankind Divided

You don't get an achievement for this, but I love a kill all playthrough. I don't really care for most of the characters, but leaving Malik to die was the most difficult.
>>
Shadow the Hedgehog - Mon, 08 Jun 2020 13:53:14 EST xXwY6AKX No.753199 Reply
I bounced off human revolution, found mankind divided very short. am I the only one that liked invisible war? The setting was amazing, post-collapse world looked like a hellhole and I wish they'd explore this part of it a bit more.
>>
Shadow the Hedgehog - Mon, 08 Jun 2020 13:55:38 EST xXwY6AKX No.753200 Reply
>>753065
oof that explains a helluva lot. a real shame, too. It needed so much fleshing out. A world of conspiracies and you end up knowing nothing about it.
>>
Mortimer Rictusgrin - Tue, 09 Jun 2020 21:05:14 EST o6//q1BG No.753225 Reply
>>753199
IW was my first Deus Ex, and I remember really liking it until I played the original and realized what a shitty job it did at everything I liked that Deus Ex did vastly better.
>>
Four - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:36:31 EST ncN4FFNB No.753236 Reply
1591806991718.png -(348738B / 340.56KB, 650x650) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>753200
I'm actually playing through HR right now. There is a lot to love about the game, and its very long. There are so many ways to approach something, Im surprised I only played through it three times.
For now im just doing it to read through people's emails. I have to to say, I prefer the E-mails in MD. They were a bit more personal than HR. in HR, they're used a lot for world building. While MD were all about the After math of the Tragedy, what they lost and how they tried to cope with it.
I'm just gonna go full Hacker so I can read as many Emails as I can. Just trying to get some answers.
>>
The Arbiter - Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:29:03 EST FpxXoxqL No.753240 Reply
>>753236
There is an achievement for getting the one that's just a megadeth reference. I'm not a completionist but I played hacker/combat with stealth just as a way of getting me into a good position or picking off a few enemies non lethally, so I was tickled when I got the achievement as part of my usual snooping.

You can go full hacker and by mid game have it maxed and be putting skills into stealth or combat easily.
>>
Four - Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:59:19 EST 5ZezlSVB No.753250 Reply
1591891159119.png -(4657767B / 4.44MB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>753240
Yeah, its actually been quite easy so far. I'm having a lot of fun with it. Its easy to play this game and rush to the ending as much as I did before, but im taking my time with it and its been fun.

Getting to the bottom of things wasn't exactly my goal the first time I played through it. I was just focusing on revenge and wanted to kill the bastards who got me to this point. But now that im actually going through emails, talking to people, and fucking around where I shouldn't be, Im discovering new things I wasn't aware before. Like for example, My first playthrough, I felt indebt to David Sarif for saving my life and giving me the powers to hunt down those who wronged. Going through the emails, in the Clinic, it becomes Obvious that David didn't exactly had my best interest at heart. He experimented quite a bit with Adam's body, to the point of not caring if I lived or died. Things turned out for the best, but if Adam Died on that operating table, David would've still got what he wanted.

Also, After investigating a bit in the Detroit Police Department, Its clear that some at David Sarif Knew someone was stealing Neuropozyne and they were investigating the two guys doing the dealing. The girls that went missing, its not clear who is responsible for it but I hope il find out later.

This game man, Its good stuff. It really immerses you if you take your time with it. Also Sucker punching people in the face is really satisfying.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.