Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

SQUAD

- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:14:40 EST lvHqDzkS No.753789
File: 1593004480675.jpg -(120974B / 118.14KB, 460x215) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. SQUAD
Anyone here played this shit? Its an offshoot of Project Reality, I love it but it has some mighty big flaws.

The whole Radio/HAB system is the most retarded shit I've ever seen.
Whoever did with the vehicle physics must have thrown a hotdog down a hallway and used that as their reference.
No way to distinguish a 300 hour player from a 3 hour one.
Most servers basically never have admins on or they just refuse to kick/ban people?
Its so easy to grief one man can take down his own team EASILY if you know what to do, and like I said people running servers won't do shit.
Teams are ALWAYS stacked and there's no auto-balance or even a simple team scramble between matches.

But I can't stop playing this shit, its addicting somehow.
>>
Pinky - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:24:23 EST 0lta+wEM No.753790 Reply
Yeah I played some of it on the free weekend. I still prefer PR but it was decent

>No way to distinguish a 300 hour player from a 3 hour one
I don't want to be one of those "gitgudXD" fags but I feel like the barrier to entry isn't that high compared to other games considering most of it is learning how to play with your team
>Most servers basically never have admins on or they just refuse to kick/ban people?
Yeah this one is really annoying because there's never a middle ground with this shit, either the mods are really finicky and ban people at the drop of a hat for literally anything or they literally just let anyone shit up the server and never do anything about it
>Teams are ALWAYS stacked and there's no auto-balance or even a simple team scramble between matches.
This is probably the worst problem but once you actually do get a full team for both sides it turns out being pretty fun

As I said, fun game, but I think all the maps and scenarios/mods for PR just spoiled me
>>
honk - Wed, 24 Jun 2020 21:14:38 EST hRfsG87y No.753814 Reply
I play just infrequently enough to never get even competent at it, but it just scratches a certain itch sometimes.

>Most servers basically never have admins on or they just refuse to kick/ban people?

That's why you don't play most servers, you find a couple ones you like and just accept that you're gonna be waiting in the queue to get in. There are a couple I like, Bella's Battleground is pretty decent in my experience, but it entirely depends on where you live. Also playing on a Chinese server with a friend and having absolutely no idea what is happening is sometimes mighty good fun if the Ping isn't too bad.
>>
Mike Dawson - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 03:01:14 EST WAMLGFs2 No.753833 Reply
>>753789

I was considering trying this but I'm worried it's not very immersive. I enjoy realism, which means no HUD, no overlay menus, etc. Currently the only game I play is Insurgency(Sandstorm) 4-5 hours a week. I'm interested in the more open space, large-scale battles with vehicles and complex squad interaction, and the overall in-depth military tactical logistic aspects of combat, but for the love of god do they have to murder the immersion to make it possible?
>>
Bullet Bill - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 04:36:41 EST IcB310ea No.753834 Reply
1593074201876.jpg -(921744B / 900.14KB, 2560x1440) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>753833

It's a fantastic game and if it's anything like Project Reality it will just keep getting better and better as more maps, factions and features get added over the years. By far my most played game on steam.

Squad is plenty immersive. I disagree that no hud = realism. Squads realism comes in the form of utter chaos, suppressive fire at enemies in cover,missed shots, getting pinned down and relying on your squad. Stuff like that

That is generally how a realistic firefight goes down, not creeping around on a front-line and killing an enemy in one quick burst.

Also, playing as a squad leader is one of the most difficult, unique and rewarding multiplayer experiences you can find imo. But if you have 4-5 hours a week to play it might not be the game for you. Some matches can last over 2 hours where you barely accomplish anything because your squad is retarded.
>>
Dr. Breen - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 09:20:54 EST lvHqDzkS No.753844 Reply
>Playing British vs School
>Schooln machine gunner gets a scope
>British one gets fucking ironsights

WOW who balanced this shit??
>>
Dr. Breen - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 09:22:08 EST lvHqDzkS No.753845 Reply
>>753844
Oh and another shitty major oversight.

>Have kit with red dot sight for close range
>Want to swap to same kit but with scope
>Costs full amount of ammo even though no real difference

WOOOOOOOW
>>
Donkey Kong Jr. - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:19:52 EST n0yTzv9G No.753848 Reply
>>753789
This game looks dope, might pick it up...
How does it compare to ARMA in terms of mil simness. I love ARMA but found it a rather difficult
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Dr. Mario - Thu, 25 Jun 2020 21:02:34 EST lvHqDzkS No.753859 Reply
>>753848
Never played ARMA but Squad is SUPER realistic mil-sim. You spend 90% of the game doing nothing but standing around!
>>
honk - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 10:31:16 EST hRfsG87y No.753880 Reply
>>753859
If you're standing around doing nothing, you're playing it wrong. If you're not hoofing it across the map with your buddies while occasionally engaging the enemy if you're lucky, then you're playing the game wrong.
>>
Drunkard Hu - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:32:19 EST WAMLGFs2 No.753892 Reply
>>753834

I specifically mean realistic as in real life you don't have magical floating images pop up in front of your vision
>>
Drunkard Hu - Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:35:50 EST WAMLGFs2 No.753893 Reply
>>753892

Such as when you call in artillery or air strikes you use handheld equipment, communicate through radio, carry physical satellite maps of the area of operations. When you look at a map your character should physically lower their weapon and pull out a tablet or laminated map, checking ammo in a magazine is done by peering through the tiny holes on the side of the magazine to get a rough idea of how many you have. What games do this as well as having realistic combat?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.