Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Now Playing on /vg/tube -

who the heck pays for microtransactions?

- Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:11:39 EST 4lNH2Hzn No.754094
File: 1593641499775.gif -(545904B / 533.11KB, 400x400) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. who the heck pays for microtransactions?
did you ever pay for microtransactions in a game?
>>
Kaim Argonar - Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:58:33 EST bNro5nv+ No.754097 Reply
Not I said the fly. Not me said the bee
>>
KLEZ.fml !!cEQLOiCj - Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:44:30 EST d+EH7UKb No.754098 Reply
>>754094
Nope.
Have you ever met a dog you didn't put your wiener in?
>>
Dregs - Thu, 02 Jul 2020 03:46:07 EST 1gcP/wOX No.754103 Reply
If I didn't give a fuck about game progression and the game provided me with a substantial bonus for the money, yes. But only free to play gets that consideration. I'd pay as much in microtransactions as I would if I were to buy the game for a reasonable retail price. If there's a price tag to start, nope.
>>
Sir Daniel Fortesque - Thu, 02 Jul 2020 04:55:01 EST 2Fb9kySD No.754104 Reply
>>754103
So you're a retard anyways for playing free to play games.
>>
Dregs - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 04:21:42 EST 1gcP/wOX No.754138 Reply
1593850902129.gif -(1331460B / 1.27MB, 296x160) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>754104
Some games deserve it. Games like War Thunder or Crossout were good enough to get me to buy a plane or a premade car. Warframe was worth it before they fucked me by patching out my sniper rifle.
>>
Vega - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 11:59:34 EST NsVncSjR No.754143 Reply
I have spent over 3,000 dollars and counting in world of tanks
I do not enjoy playing the game and I am not good at it, but I do have very many tanks
>>
Four - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 22:56:01 EST fLq+2tKX No.754161 Reply
1593917761267.png -(50028B / 48.86KB, 419x272) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>754143
I remember you and I can't really blame you. Wasted a good chunk of money on Fate GO and its not much of game, just art work with numbers attached to it. Not nearly as much as you buts its definitely ot one of the games that deserves it.
>>
Chun-Li - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 22:59:20 EST yvbkKGv6 No.754162 Reply
My former weed guy spends tons on this mafia phone game. He doesn't have a good job, doesn't make a lot off of weed but god damn he'll conquer that shit.

Spent like 1300 bucks in it and that's not even talking about his girlfriend.

They're both like 40. I can't tell'm no but godamn, seems like a waste.

Years ago I spent in total like 150 bucks on TF2 cosmetics over the course of a couple years so I'm not totally innocent.
>>
Kit Ballard - Sat, 04 Jul 2020 23:10:04 EST GZ0076Ci No.754163 Reply
>>754143
This made me feel better about myself lol. Haven't spent that much though.

The most I spent was around 200$ in Planetside2, mostly on unique weapons, armor, and perks. Not the best player by far but it made my experience more enjoyable... plus one of them came with a 6month experience boost that I have yet to activate.

I spent 30$ in the original Dead Frontier zombie MMO a long time ago cause I couldn't get an 8th of bud. I got this titanium sword that can be used at level 1 with no melee skill required, thus allowing me to focus my character build on machine guns and explosives and making starting up a breeze. Then temporarily traded the sword to myself on other accounts to make a bunch of level10 farmer slaves with which to provide my main account more wealth and resources.

Another time same situation, couldn't get weed so I bought some bonds (can be redeemed for 14days membership or sold for gold) in Runescape. Used some for in game cash and still have the rest.

99cents on a mobile game for a skeleton skin. Think it was that Forgotten Tales MMO, then after buying it everyone in game kept offering me in game cash to buy a skin hah. Quit playing it though, boring grindfest... Runescape atleast has a social environment.

That's all I can recall as far as MTX. Planetside was worth it, Carapace and Bionics perks make for some unique class builds and the unique weapons and armor are really cool, cannot be unlocked unless bought. Plus I have a plasma laser cannon on my tank and car now.
>>
Geno - Sun, 05 Jul 2020 08:19:42 EST zMzS2BBQ No.754173 Reply
1593951582882.jpg -(15621B / 15.25KB, 263x89) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
When I got my first job I spent maybe $60 a month on a TPS I really enjoyed, spending that money on their ingame lottery to win equipment with the best stats that lasted forever and looked good, totaling up about $300. I should note the 'best' was only maybe 3-5% better than what you could get through ingame currency at 1/50 the cost, but there were unique cosmetic options from the lottery as well.

Then the developers added a cash shop where you can rent equipment with even better stats for more money, and changed the gameplay to have a much lower skill floor, and changed the way my permanent items I spent money for worked so it cost more to use them than you could win by playing. The cash shop best was now 20-30% better than what you could get ingame across all stats including things like increased movement speed which totally broke the game.

After that I've been pretty wary about putting money into any sort of online game that's still being updated and I certainly don't put any money into online PvP games. I did put money into a mobile game I was playing a lot later on, but I had played that game hundreds of hours in a situation where I couldn't play traditional games, I felt I got some entertainment for the money I put in, though I stopped playing the game after a point and the power creep was relentless, making the things I earned not good enough for any new content.

I don't mind mtx if it's only for cosmetics. When you start being able to buy weapons or stats that turns me off right quick.

Even then, I think of a particular example of pushing cosmetic mtx, in Maplestory there is an early quest that gives you a helmet that is essentially the best piece of equipment for your head slot for the next 50 levels. It is goddamn ugly as shit, it is literally the severed head of the quest enemy. But! You can buy a cash shop hat that will go over any other hat while keeping it's stats, so obviously you want to cover that shit up because to just not use the quest reward would severely cripple your ability for the next 30+ hours of gameplay. The worst part is cosmetics in MS are only rentals.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.