Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Im dropping $10,000 on a gaming setup

- Fri, 12 Mar 2021 22:36:28 EST AxI7o/6/ No.760258
File: 1615606588879.jpg -(101145B / 98.77KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Im dropping $10,000 on a gaming setup
Havent been into PC gaming since skyrim. Please help me put together a solid build! Reccomend a full rig or any parts seperately. Ill be using this pc for VR, 4K video editing, 120hz high setting 4K AAA gaming, and listening to high fidelity music and audio.

The monitor i have my sights set on is the LG CX 48, but you can reccomend another, as well as anythin else including speakers, chairs and especially a desk with alot of DEPTH for a 48inch monitor. I also have to get a mouse and keyboard and need to look more into accessories. Its ok to go over budget if it meets demands. The 10,000 price for the tower alone is just a suggestion. Also, what are some good games to test on it? Any and all wisdom is not lost :) Thanks brœs
>>
Fox McCloud - Fri, 12 Mar 2021 23:00:20 EST xixcIgJG No.760260 Reply
1615608020940.png -(236373B / 230.83KB, 600x625) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>760258
Just check out builds in that price range on PCPartPicker. You're an idiot if you spend that much thinking it's going to give you anything more than an imperceptibly marginal performance improvement over a build that costs less than half as much though. You literally couldn't pick a shittier time to try and build a high-end rig. RTX 3080 prices alone are retarded thanks to COVID, supply constraints, and crypto miners.
>>
Jimmy Hopkins - Sat, 13 Mar 2021 06:44:39 EST Su3iKYGj No.760265 Reply
This is an absolutely miserable time to build a pc.

10,000 on a tower is bad idea. Just build a 3 thousand dollar pc and then build another one in a few years when newer hardware comes out. You’re far beyond the point of diminishing returns at 10k. Grab a 3090 and i9 11900k when it comes out.

But yeah, have fun getting the newest hardware at MSRP. Its possible but pretty difficult.
>>
Kerrigan - Sat, 13 Mar 2021 16:04:42 EST gwBXZL+6 No.760267 Reply
>>Im dropping $10,000 on a gaming setup

In other words you're a POS
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Penelo - Sat, 13 Mar 2021 16:19:35 EST R8xVP9gf No.760268 Reply
>Im dropping $10,000 on a gaming setup

Unless you're making a full sized race or flight sim, you're an idiot
>>
Dingu Bingu - Sat, 13 Mar 2021 17:38:50 EST AxI7o/6/ No.760270 Reply
>>760268
Gaming setup goes beyond just the tower. I want to buy a good monitor, desk, and speakers too as well as everything else. I want something to last 10 years. Just ran into an inheritance and ive never owned anything nice in my 26 years on this planet. Used to live out of my car. But from what im gathering i will spend less than 5,000 on the tower itself
>>
Penelo - Sat, 13 Mar 2021 18:38:57 EST R8xVP9gf No.760271 Reply
>>760270
You could get the most recent RTX/Radeon, high-end intel cpu as well as all the bits and bobs for it as well as a nice monitor set up and you'll thinking maybe 5K tops.

10 K, you're basically buying a racing rig or one of those full blown cockpit setups.
>>
Tommy Vercetti - Sun, 14 Mar 2021 01:25:08 EST gwBXZL+6 No.760273 Reply
>>760270
sorry for calling you a POS because I can understand where you're coming from and wanting to just have something fun and nice, for once. But as somebody who has been homeless and NOT ran into inheritance, I sure as hell cannot imagine WASTING 10k on games, ESPECIALLY after everything I've seen, the value of a dollar, how quickly things can change, and how much even 1k could help change somebodys life. It really does make you look like an asshole, especially after the pandemic and all the recent events which should have woken people up to the dire situations people are living in, but no, you want to pretend that never happened to you, sit in your home and play video games all day. I just don't understand. It's selfish to an extreme, to just decide that you're going to "blow 10k", without even considering how much you would need, you were just willing to blow 10k. That 10k could save 10 llives. So yeah.

Just explaining where I'm coming from. Sorry to shit on your party.
>>
Four - Sun, 14 Mar 2021 04:12:36 EST FKaMvHkQ No.760274 Reply
1615709556445.jpg -(43613B / 42.59KB, 540x699) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>760270
Others would probably be able to help you better with a gaming rig, but for a table I highly suggest following one of the guides available for you on youtube. It's difficult to find something that exactly caters to your needs, so It's good to browse around.

I can see from the picture you posted that you're looking for something a bit minilalistic. Here are some links that might give you an idea to what you want.

https://youtu.be/sZisV_coMig

https://youtu.be/RsFGoETBNy4

but for a table I recommend making one your own. A lot of the stuff out there is particle board. Buying a kitchen Counter and setting it up as a table works well for a lot of people who like space and quality stuff that will last a long time.

I followed this guy's guide it worked really well for me. I even made another one for my consoles and TVs. It's just as easy as it looks.

https://youtu.be/dpl6tCkKubs

You can usually find a shopping list of all the stuff in the video in the description.

If you really wana go all out, you can always get in contact with a local carpenter to make something for you. A lot of the display cases that I have in my room was custom build. These guys work on display cases all the time for shops so they wont be weirded out by your request. Get in contact with them, explain your ideas, and see what they tell you.
>>
Leon Belmont - Sun, 14 Mar 2021 05:24:58 EST 0uqhwTou No.760275 Reply
>>760258
I did what you're about to do and it was a waste of inheritance. I built the fastest gaming PC you could possibly build about 11 years ago and it sucked.

Those high end components won't last 4 years without one or more dying and they won't be running games at max settings at that point.

Don't spend more than $2500 on the tower, that'll last 3 years with top notch performance, 5 before it gets slow on new games. Replace it all 2 times and it'll be less than $10K.

Also don't buy now, GPUs are overpriced as shit.
>>
AC !QqL8nX9URE - Sun, 14 Mar 2021 17:59:43 EST aE5Tn/GC No.760279 Reply
Go Middle of the Road on hardware, then when it comes time to upgrade you wont feel like a dumbass. One chipset can support a few GPU upgrades for like 6 years or so easy.
>>
Chihuahua Man - Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:37:16 EST zqbEdfcs No.760323 Reply
>>760258
this is literally the worst time to build a pc. Come think of it, crypto being crypto, videocards may never have reasonable prices again. Crypto literally ruined high performance pc gaming. I don't know why the lolbertarian Gamer™ crowd is perfectly fine with this
>>
Dingu Bingu - Wed, 17 Mar 2021 19:37:37 EST AxI7o/6/ No.760330 Reply
>>760258
OP here.
yeah I realized I should have tackled this with a better plan. Good thing the only money I have spent recently was on a cheap reliable thinkpad for utility purposes (I paid $160 for a T430s). I'm now considering spending anywhere from 3,000-4,000 on the tower. Im really hard set at AAA 4K 120 HIGH settings. and currently doing more and more research on what exactly is right if its even available
>>
Reaver - Wed, 17 Mar 2021 20:21:33 EST bNro5nv+ No.760331 Reply
>>760323
As someone who has spent over 2k on gaming rigs before, the population of pc gamers was always pretty small. Now, almost everybody streams pc gaming for others to watch. They're from a wealthy demographic that secretly enjoys the exclusivity and the price point shifting a couple thousand dollars upwards probably doesn't actually affect them, or they're just their fans who never had the money for rigs in the first place and just fund and watch streamers on twitch. Gaming certainly feels grosser than it ever has in the past.
>>
Dylan Morton - Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:46:38 EST 1O1pvMEq No.760337 Reply
>>760323
Its not that big of a deal, you can still get used and lower tier cards from previous gen, and they will work fine if you turn down the resolution or dont play new overrated AAA garbage
>>
Kolyat Krios - Sat, 20 Mar 2021 14:45:26 EST 0uqhwTou No.760342 Reply
>>760337
Lower tier cards that cost more than they did 2 years ago. Hell I bought a 5700XT just before the next gen shipped and felt a bit dumb but I could sell the damn thing at a small profit now, second hand!
>>760331
I know quite a few people whose PC updates are on hold due to prices currently. I think we're all a bit older than the streamers and their fans usually are and our priorities are different. We've got more money but we'd rather spend it on other things.
>>
B.J. Blazkowicz - Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:00:44 EST bNro5nv+ No.760345 Reply
>>760342
Yeah, basically what I meant was that I have never considered PC gaming mainstream simply due to the enthusiast/hobbyist nature of allotting the space and funds for a bulky rig and buying separate hardware components all with the end goal of achieving a higher level of quality/fidelity in games than what the actual mainstream can play on their consoles. There's nothing wrong with having the funds or the interest to do that, but it does make specific concerns like the price of hardware more irrelevant because it's not something *most* want or can even expect/afford from gaming. We (adults mainly) have the luxury of holding onto our cash when the market fluctuates, or buying hardware when the time is right for us, specifically because PC gaming is not a need in the same sense that a console or a phone is. If console prices fluctuated like graphics cards do, then the amount of people it would piss off would bring the industry to ruin because of the ubiquity and expectation of most households to have access to a gaming platform of some type even if it's of a previous generation. PC gaming, along with fidelity and high end computers, has always been an insular market.
>>
The Vault Dweller - Sat, 20 Mar 2021 22:03:42 EST T03JXoD0 No.760350 Reply
>>760258
>skyrim
11/11/2011
Getting to ten years; time for an upgrade.
>>
Orchid - Sun, 21 Mar 2021 04:17:32 EST vHFds3Hn No.760353 Reply
I recommend getting a 4K or 2K@144hz main monitor, then as many 1080p monitors as seems reasonable, it's nice to have half a monitor to dedicate to stuff like discord, irc, email, a browser, that show you've been slogging through because everyone else is talking about it, a sideways one for reading tall things, etc when you've got something fullscreen on your main screen, that you can switch back to whenever your main screen is waiting on someone else or loading.

There's basically no opportunity cost to having 8 monitors even if you only use more than 2 of them 10% of the time.

I haven't done any sort of price comparison, since monitors are one of those things that just seem to accumulate around me as people move or upgrade or a yard sale has a CRT they wanna get rid of, but I'd recommend the cheapest ones you can find, since it's trivial to drag anything where fidelity matters to your 4K.

I recommend against doing 2x2 4K monitors, since you want 1 monitor at eye level for whatever your main task is.
>>
honk - Sun, 21 Mar 2021 11:44:06 EST hRfsG87y No.760358 Reply
Now is literally the worst time to buy/build a PC.

Get some older consoles, jailbreak them and pirate everything and blow the rest on a plane ticket somewhere, food and prostitutes. Travel and women are cheap right now.
>>
Jarl Balgruuf - Sun, 21 Mar 2021 18:31:38 EST p1j7IyKN No.760369 Reply
>>760358
>Travel and women are cheap right now.
Low low costs to aids town! lol
>>
Raphael Sorel - Thu, 08 Apr 2021 14:27:54 EST JVAEpbeI No.760653 Reply
Ooooo. I want this setup not for gaming but for work. Looks dope

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.