Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

On Mass Effect 3

- Thu, 23 Dec 2021 13:19:44 EST bQiywOzY No.763247
File: 1640283584236.gif -(1640875B / 1.56MB, 491x271) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. On Mass Effect 3
https://youtu.be/7MlatxLP-xs
https://youtu.be/nhtgjmkcht8
Thoughts on Mass Effect 3? Do you think ME3 would have had a more favorable perception today if the ending didn't shit the bed?
I liked Mass Effect 3 a lot, and would have given it a solid 8 with a .5 penalty for being anemic if the series ended with Shepard dying with Anderson. The last "choice" in the game did a LOST, a Game of Thrones, where the entire last game tastes bad because of the ending. Knowing that all the rumors about Casey Hudson's coup are true, will you reevaluate the Mass Effect series?
>>
pikachu's prostate fluid - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 21:49:26 EST YecXa6hF No.763248 Reply
that's a funny gif where is it from
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Haggar - Thu, 23 Dec 2021 22:42:55 EST SatjStl4 No.763249 Reply
1640317375795.png -(1273469B / 1.21MB, 1301x821) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Mass Effect 2 wasn't even that great as an RPG. They made shooting feel better at the expense of pretty much everything else. Bioware should've double down on the RPG elements and made another sequel more like the first game instead of letting EA meddle and sand off all the edges that made the original interesting.

Also launch Mac "The Hack" Walters out of a fucking airlock and let Karpyshyn write everything.
>>
Four - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:08:43 EST aUzYPuVK No.763250 Reply
>>763249
>>763249
Karpyshyn books were a fun read too. I sympathise with Saren a lot thanks to reading Revelations, and I have to say his end in the Paragon route is probably one of my favorite.
>>
Viewtiful Joe - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 22:12:06 EST bzlf3YmE No.763255 Reply
Loved the first 2 mass effects. Never played the 3rd one because I heard it's shit and don't want to retroactively ruin the first two.

There was also the corporate meddling like
>>763249
mentioned. I figure it's probably shit and it's better to live in my bubble of ignorance where they made two great games, but sadly the trilogy never got concluded

I also fucking loved Lost, but never watched the last season for the same reasons
Maybe I should watch Game of Thrones
>>
Chuck Greene - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 01:42:22 EST fJLv9Mt1 No.763257 Reply
>>763249
i played 2 first, can't deal with the wacky combat in ME1. like i was completely over and done with the game after the second or third combat event. replace it with 2's system or even revert it to an old-timey turn-based system and i'd be all over it though.
>>
Anton Slavic - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 11:56:30 EST t8xd+eNJ No.763258 Reply
>>763255
>Maybe I should watch Game of Thrones
Stop at season 4. Season 5 and onward does a bunch of weird stuff that it implies it's gonna pay off. It doesn't. The alternate direction went nowhere.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Sat, 25 Dec 2021 21:33:34 EST /KAkELjI No.763259 Reply
Yeah I do think that they should have given your more choices of an ending given all of the choices you had made over the course of the trilogy. Me personally, I ended up choosing symbiosis since it seemed like a fair compromise between control and destroy although making everyone have the same DNA is kinda messed up now that I think about it.

>>763249
I do agree that they stripped a lot of the RPG elements between 1 and 2 like being able to choose your armor and the type of ammo for your weapons and it took the fun out of really being able to customize your character's setup. I guess one thing that they did improve was the shitty ass Mako controls.

>>763258
Coincidentally I actually did stop after season 4, just got tired of it.
>>
Four - Sun, 26 Dec 2021 21:21:20 EST pSINb4mj No.763262 Reply
1640571680606.jpg -(112150B / 109.52KB, 623x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>763257
I actually never finished ME3. I played the heck out of 2 to the point that when I picked up 3, it was just the same old shit so I dropped. I never had that problem transitioning from 1 to 2. I played Andromeda which was a more of a nostalgic experience to 2 and 3 but with a bit of spice since it's open world.
>>
Kraid - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 22:18:55 EST Wjdy4+xm No.763267 Reply
>>763262
I never finished Andromeda, and while I sometimes get the urge to replay it I know I'll probably just get burned out again. Not that it was the worst game ever, just remembering all the mediocre open world stuff I'd have to slog through to really get back into it.
>>
Tom Nook - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:07:47 EST +hHFx6Pv No.763274 Reply
I have very mixed feelings about how "fan backlash" lead them to "fixing" the ending. The original ending was bad and clearly rushed. But most games have horrible writing and bad endings, so the backlash felt very entitled.

That said I think people are way more conscious of how bullshit loot boxes. And the multiplayer technically had pay to win, but it was cooperative so I really don't know how people would feel about that. So it might have actually had a worse backlash in today's environment.
>>
Four - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 20:52:23 EST 3D8mqtMJ No.763278 Reply
1640742743229.jpg -(43935B / 42.91KB, 256x256) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>763267
Yeahh, the padding is definitely not something to look forward to. there is just too much of it, even the personal quests of the characters just felt like an extension of that rather than something worth doing.
It's still a lot of fun though, especially if you have a team of biotics. I would even suggest to just skip the entire story and just play the game cuz really it's the story that sucks the fun out this shit. This story is just fucking awful.
>>
Reaver - Thu, 30 Dec 2021 17:34:34 EST 68NnO7qh No.763292 Reply
>>763278
Whats the sauce on that pic four? Is it the big titty girl from Nagatoro?
>>
King of All Cosmos - Fri, 31 Dec 2021 14:21:09 EST e7xabsfk No.763298 Reply
1640978469616.png -(577710B / 564.17KB, 450x900) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>763274
>The original ending was bad and clearly rushed. But most games have horrible writing and bad endings, so the backlash felt very entitled.
In MrBTongue's video he mentions that Mass Effect had a strong following more because it's a character based game with strong worlds, and less because of deep and meaningful choices. At the very end of Mass Effect 3, all of the things that are core to the series is replaced by a completely new dilemma about the nature of synthetic vs organic life.
I think people got so upset because they got really emotionally invested in all these characters, and instead of getting an ending to their stories we get an ending to the universe where everyone dies in three different colors. It's fair that there's gonna be backlash, even if Gamers are gonna act like Gamers.
Over time, various rumors began to surface that the writers and a lot of the studio had no idea that the ending in the game was gonna happen. The above about characters is why even after ending stayed the same, it made an attempt to tell you what happened to all your friends. Maybe they live, maybe they die, maybe it goes one way or another. The "fixed" endings may not fix the fundamental issue of trying to solve a high concept philosophical dilemma in 5 minutes, but all these people you love get endings.
The People Make Games video implies that those rumors were true, and that a few writers did a sort of "coup" on the finale. I'm probably reading too much into it, but I think the ghost child was added at the last minute. I'm probably wrong.
>>
Darkstalker Kaathe - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 02:27:02 EST Dp2gg9kQ No.763354 Reply
To me, ME3 represents everything wrong with the 7th gen.

>dumbed down gameplay (though it did improve on some things from 2)
>tacked on multiplayer (which ended up being alright but still an unnecessary addition imo)
>rushed dev cycle
>desperate attempts to appeal to the CoD/Gears/Halo audience
>bloated marketing budget
>DLC and preorder bonus jewery
>unecessary online bloatware injected into the game making playing the originals years later a pain in the ass

It's poetic, starting off in 2007 as an interesting new IP that builds an organic fanbase, to this monster of coporate oversight and micromanagement that aims to destroy every shred of soul and originality the series still possessed.

Still a solid 6/10 game at worst though. Much like Cyberpunk I think it's hype was it's downfall and today it's an interesting relic of the mountain dew/doritos era of gaming.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.