Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Sarasota to Atlanta move

- Sun, 09 Jul 2017 01:08:32 EST EUv5Djrj No.35288
File: 1499576912067.png -(1178190B / 1.12MB, 930x908) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Sarasota to Atlanta move
I will be moving from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta, GA end of this/early next year. So it will likely be winter keep in mind, but it is the south so shouldn't be snow.

So anyway, I have rarely driven on the interstate before so any tips for a 10-12 hour drive?

Should I go through or around Atlanta? Around would add 2-3 hours to the trip but might be less stressful?

I don't have the ability to hook up a MP3 player or anything to my car's audio. I do have a CD player, what would some good driving music to keep me awake/aware be I can make a mix CD.

Most importantly: Any stops I should make along the way that arent a huge detour?
Something I could enjoy on my own as an introvert, not take more then an hour or two, and not cost a lot of money?
>>
Jenny Fengermat - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 03:19:50 EST rGd5TMrX No.35300 Reply
>>35288
> any tips for a 10-12 hour drive?
Take a stop every 2 hours or so and grab a solid snack or a drink while you're there. No-one is able to safely drive a far for that long without breaks, and most mistakes do happen on an empty stomach.

>Should I go through or around Atlanta?
Depends on when you arrive. The rules of rush-hour go for all cities of a certain size. Downtown of any city is a nightmare during rush hour... if there is a lot of traffic, I'd suggest going around.

Once you get close to Atlanta (around Macon at the latest), do set your radio to a station with traffic updates.. the same goes for any place with road works going on. In all cases it'll allow you to figure out an alternative route in case of any problems

>I don't have the ability to hook up a MP3 player or anything to my car's audio. I do have a CD player, what would some good driving music to keep me awake/aware be I can make a mix CD.
I usually sing along to the radio or any of mys favourite tunes while driving long distances... in my case it's rock or metal, but you might have other preferences

>Any stops I should make along the way that arent a huge detour?
Sorry m8, I've only driven the 75 twice (if you're taking the same route) without detours, and that's like 4 or 5 years ago as a tourist from the other side of the pond...

My friend back then told me there were some great fishing spots along the highway, but your catch will most probably go bad before you get to your destination. I remember a few different things advertised on signs, but we didn't have the time, nor do I know whether or not those attractions still exist...
>>
Lillian Wabbleneck - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 15:00:49 EST xhXfvGeH No.35302 Reply
>>35288
Am 750/Fm 95.5

Every 8 minutes is traffic/news updates.

Everything North of I-20 is generally okay.
Everything along and South of I-20 is jolly african-americans. Just being blunt, you probably don't want to stop off anywhere around Bankhead, Dekalb, South Fulton etc. Homeless crackheads everywhere btw in these areas. Macon/Peachtree city are all civil places. You could stop there before heading up that way you don't get ditched out having to stop somewhere in South Atlanta.

I'm not sure what part of Atlanta you're trying to get to so that changed things. You could just take 75 up to Marietta the whole way pretty much. Or you could need to get like Lawrenceville and be better taking 441 up and then 316(?) over.
>>
Charles Devinghock - Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:32:05 EST DTUQSGbG No.35303 Reply
1500593525334.jpg -(49345B / 48.19KB, 600x520) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>35288
The best way I've found to keep the sandman away is a big bag of baby carrots. Zero prep is required, you just grab them at any grocery store and it's almost impossible to eat the entire bag in one sitting.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.