Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Visiting New York

- Tue, 13 Aug 2019 21:25:59 EST UvX5/QoJ No.36116
File: 1565745959026.jpg -(306599B / 299.41KB, 636x380) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Visiting New York
Sup /vroom/,

I am a simpleton from the Western US and I have only been to maybe 15 or so states, and only 4 other countries. I have never been further east than Ohio, and I want to start visiting some places on the East Coast both to experience the different side of American culture as well as see some tourist sights, eat some good food, and see historical locations. I recently toured up and down the West Coast and feel I should set my sights on the other coast now. I have never been to New York so I figured I might as well start with NYC, then maybe check out Boston next year or something.

I'm planning to go in early December for ~4 days, a Wed night or Thurs through Sunday. I know this will be a cold time of year, but I live in AZ and cold and snow are like a wonderful adventure for me. I've been in sub zero temps in Minnesota before so I know to layer clothes and stuff.

Anyway, for a complete bumbling retard tourist, any tips on visiting the Big Apple? Any must-see places or must-do experiences? Any shitty tourist trap things to avoid? Any little tips or advice I might not think to ask?
>>
CrazyFolksTribe !owU3wSU682 - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 00:25:29 EST faK+bNir No.36117 Reply
1565756729318.jpg -(97387B / 95.10KB, 728x486) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
NYC is pretty amazing, but if you've got the time and want to see the best of NY, check out the Adirondacks or Catskills.

The southern Catskills are home to the Borscht Belt, which is a woodsy area full of abandoned resort hotels and other vestiges of its heyday as a vacation and entertainment spot for NYC Jews. Overall it's pretty abandoned and rundown now, but the abandonment is beautiful in its own way IMO. It's also the only rural area in the US I know of where you will find Orthodox Jewish culture alive and well; you'll come across small towns like Fallsburg which are 100% Orthodox Jewish or nearly so. It's not marketed as a tourist area but I highly recommend going, just because of how unique it is.

Now about NYC... just don't try to drive into the city and I'm sure you'll have a good time. It's not worth dealing with the bridge/tunnel tolls, crazy drivers, and expensive parking. If you're planning on taking a car, leave it somewhere far outside the city (where parking rates are cheaper) and take public transit from there. If you're going to do a lot of walking once you get in and you're on a tight budget, take lots of water so you don't have to keep paying NYC prices for bottled water.
>>
Phyllis Bobberwater - Wed, 21 Aug 2019 02:33:28 EST CygG+8Sq No.36121 Reply
If you go upstate, check out Niagara falls because it's still summer. You could spend forever in NYC and not get bored, but be careful in the trappy places like Time's Square or the WTC or Statue because they're just going to overcharge and scam you if possible. You should go bar hopping in the village.
>>
Jenny Fodgewitch - Sun, 06 Oct 2019 07:05:51 EST GKwDFD26 No.36163 Reply
1570359951540.jpg -(95347B / 93.11KB, 848x590) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
How are the NYC trains?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.