Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

van life canada

- Tue, 22 Oct 2019 03:54:12 EST ZreqavN5 No.36180
File: 1571730852465.png -(515487B / 503.41KB, 2122x1114) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. van life canada
hi guys,
need some advice, im planning on moving to canada
i have lived in a couple of countries before and i feel the biggest mistake i made was not investing in a van/mobile home right away because when hostels and stuff fell through.

i have looked at second hand stealth campers. my budget is about 3-5k i have no idea what too look out for or what could be a problem getting parts for and have made the mistake before

i dont even know how european license works in canada

any help appreciated thanks
>>
Ernest Dommlechitch - Wed, 23 Oct 2019 15:01:07 EST 3gDgHeld No.36181 Reply
It's a good idea for like five months of the year.

You could either go with an old pos or something like a truck camper, for your budget.

It's actually pretty expensive to have a rolling house also. So be prepared to pay for problems that come up.
>>
James Randi - Tue, 29 Oct 2019 05:10:44 EST 3FI9dBOe No.36192 Reply
post pics of your van your thinking of getting.

If your buying a second hand vehicle to use for a short while you will be ok. Like maybe 1-2 years tops. Other wise it starts costing more in repairs than the vehicle is worth.
If you really want to buy a vehicle that will last you much longer I think your gonna have to up your van budget at least to 9-10k min.
In canada you're gonna need tag and tittle and probably some sort of emissions tests and saftey inspection.
Then you need insurance.

Ive always thought a vehicle was more trouble than it was worth while traveling unless you have a good income to keep your vehicle fed and paid for.
>>
Betsy Gemblefire - Tue, 29 Oct 2019 20:40:20 EST 6KPtPrFf No.36193 Reply
1572396020843.jpg -(54214B / 52.94KB, 640x820) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>36188
canada 101:
stay warm
be nice
look at nature
>>
Fanny Hoblingsare - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 23:44:02 EST ISEQ/pzP No.36243 Reply
You'll be on an international driver's license until you can get it ported over to a provincial license.

People are pussies about the cold.

Most habitable vehicles by an american manufacturer are easy to get parts for. The asian carmakers don't sell lots of suitable vehicles here, so just ignore that for the most part.

you have friends here or something? the government doesn't like people with no fixed address, you're expected to have at least a paper address as a new immigrant. if you get citizenship (easily bought) you can basically do as you wish.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.