Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated April 10)
Mixing 54mg Concerta and Weed? Ignore Report Reply
Barnaby Huzzlepire - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:19:30 EST ID:iKZ5Z6nP No.4920090
File: 1553995170807.jpg -(144493B / 141.11KB, 904x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 144493
Hey guys. I've been taking Concerta for a few months and I was wondering if there are any harmful interactions if I smoke a bit with a long time friend. Thanks!
>>
Shit Fanhall - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:51:05 EST ID:7gYVf4t3 No.4920091 Ignore Report Reply
thats a solid question for your primary care physician nb
>>
Barnaby Huzzlepire - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 21:53:33 EST ID:iKZ5Z6nP No.4920092 Ignore Report Reply
>>4920091
Yeah, I know. She's anti pot and tells me it's a bad idea, but... I'm dying for a smoke, to be honest. I mean, it's alright, the stimulant keeps me away from the cravings, but at the same time, I really miss getting high with my best friend. I guess I need to grow up and just take her advice.
>>
Hans McKiffer - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 22:46:36 EST ID:n/e4eHKE No.4920094 Ignore Report Reply
>>4920092
If she said it's a bad idea then she has no idea and doesn't want to be responsible for anything that happens, in addition to the fact I don't think she wants to condone illegal drug use. Weed generally doesn't have serious interactions with prescription meds but if there was anything serious you could have probably figured it out just by googling "weed concerta"

I'm a random idiot on an imageboard for talking about weed before you take my advice to heart
>>
Hans McKiffer - Sat, 30 Mar 2019 23:10:19 EST ID:n/e4eHKE No.4920095 Ignore Report Reply
>>4920094
>If she said it's a bad idea then she has no idea
I say this because if she knew she would actually tell what the interactions, if any were
>>
Phoebe Billingworth - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 02:58:38 EST ID:K60ZzRVD No.4920101 Ignore Report Reply
>>4920090

I take concerta and smoke a ton of weed all the time, have been for years. It actually makes the concerta bearable, only downside if you don't really feel that high and end up taking giant rips because of it.

Never once had any negatives from smoking while on concerta, blaze away.
>>
Lillian Cranderdale - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 03:21:39 EST ID:6AaqG5BN No.4920102 Ignore Report Reply
NB: Anecdotes and hearsay from stim users.

Weed and stimulants usually don't have mad interactions, and your doctor either doesn't know enough to say anything but "bad m'kay" or is just trying to keep on the safe side.
I did say "usually", after all. Often, the effects of one or both might become less enjoyable or obvious, but just as often you have a really good time. I can't discount the possibility of a bad interaction, so my tip is: Don't immediately go overboard and take five bongrips in one go while playing some stressy video game while you have something to do, because both weed and sims can make you sketch out.

Where you have to be really careful is SSRIs and other mood regulators. It's a crapshoot. I know someone who's on pretty high doses of so many of them I can't remember off the top of my head, and sometimes the weed just bounces off and sometimes it triggers a manic episode or just fucks them completely up.
Stimulants are generally fine. SSRIs, SNRIs and other such mood regulators can be bad news.
>>
Barnaby Huzzlepire - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 10:38:58 EST ID:iKZ5Z6nP No.4920108 Ignore Report Reply
OP here, I gave in and smoked a single joint with my friend. It was kind of ridiculous, but I said to him "I'm scared" hahaha... My neurologist basically told me NEVER to smoke while being on Concerta, she said it might trigger a schizoid fit or a cardiovascular problem (?). The curious thing is: I've smoked a bit a few times while on treatment and with lower doses, and my response was "worse".

But now, on 54 mg I felt fucking great. We smoked this perfect joint and talked for hours and laughed our asses off. My theory is that:

1.- Placebo effect is relevant, since the fear instilled by my doctor may have influenced the other experiences. The other times I smoked just a bit while on Concerta I was paranoid about how it would affect me, which obviously made me paranoid during the high.

2.- My general state of mind is much more "positive" and happy lately, as opposed to the other times I've made the mix. It's weird, it felt as if I hadn't smoked forever, and enjoyed the experience almost as the first times.

My conclusion is the following:

• From my own google "research" there aren't many studies which deal with these two drugs, save for a specific manic episode a 23 year old student suffered (but he smoked a lot and abused Concerta heavily, that is, outside the prescribed dosage). While I will respect my doctor's wishes and won't go overboard with weed as my old days, it's nice to enjoy it sometimes with my best friend.

• Mental, emotional and placebo factors are relevant when subjectively evaluating the Concerta+Weed experience. My other experiences with this mix were worse, but I realize it may have been that way because I was expecting and paranoid about the terrible side effects described by my neurologist and generally kind of sad because I'm studying a lot these days to get my law degree.

TL;DR: EVERYTHING WENT BETTER THAN EXPECTED, but I won't overdo it out of caution. Thanks guys for your kind answers, I love this board.
>>
Barnaby Huzzlepire - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 10:43:42 EST ID:iKZ5Z6nP No.4920109 Ignore Report Reply
>>4920102
Probably the worst times of my life were those when I smoked on the daily while taking antidepressants and antipsychotics, with lots of booze and cocaine on the week days. Maybe that's why I'm scared of fucking it up with Concerta: I've been reckless in the past with prescription drugs and weed, so I don't want to fall into that hole.
>>
Alice Billingman - Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:44:38 EST ID:BmyC1Wu3 No.4920112 Ignore Report Reply
Don't mix weed and methylphenidate, it's literally a recipe for a panic attack.

I'm pretty sure my panic attacks came because I smoked weed after having done ritalin couple of hours before, it literally kinda destroyed my mental health. But that was a long time ago and I stopped taking those prescription amphetamines, these pills alone were kinda making my emotionally unstable and anxious, adding weed to that put me over the line and turned me into a anxiety patient.
>>
Edward Stickletoes - Mon, 01 Apr 2019 21:23:32 EST ID:GNguW63v No.4920165 Ignore Report Reply
1554168212050.png -(438869B / 428.58KB, 503x501) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4920108

doctors will always err on the side of caution when it comes to combining drugs, especially when one of them is in a form that can't be "accurately dosed" (i.e. smoking weed). Obviously, all of us here know that it isn't very hard to dose marijuana, but in a medical context for liability purposes and for drug interaction purposes, it is better to be safe than dead, y'know?

Also, it's not like there have been a great number of studies on the effects of combining small doses of marijuana and specific pharmaceutical stimulants, given that cannabis is a Schedule I substance. The idea that weed and stimulants together can cause cardiovascular events may be extrapolated from other instances of people combining drugs such as meth, weed, and other things.

I used to take concerta and smoked weed with it a lot, and I was fine. The only thing I really noticed was sometimes I would get a little paranoid about my heart rate, but I think that was probably just normal "fuck, i'm high" paranoia. I currently take amphetamine and weed doesn't seem incompatible with that either.

Just be careful and watch out for that mexican tripping weed, breh!

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.