Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 26)

How To Tolerance Break and Cutting Down in General

- Wed, 14 Aug 2019 11:51:00 EST b6Ng1Ajy No.4926786
File: 1565797860672.jpg -(910534B / 889.19KB, 1677x937) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. How To Tolerance Break and Cutting Down in General
Please be civil in this thread, I love weed and I don't think it's bad, I just need a break.

So, long story short, I've been a multiple times daily weed smoker for about a decade, since college. There's been some times where I've done it a lot less, and times where I've gone overboard and done smoked myself retarded. I'm at a place where I'm looking to cut back my smoking back to what I was originally doing in those early days, which is like weekends and special occasions instead of wakenbake, continuing through the day. I know everyone's different, but this is what I'm looking for.

The point of this thread isn't for me to blogpost though, I'm just looking for tips and tricks, stuff that works to bring down someone's weed usage. Any sort of anecdote or advice is useful here, and is muchos appreciados. I'm using a slow wean method, down to about 3 small bowls/hits a day, with some outlier days this last week where I basically didn't smoke at all until night time. Decent progress, I think.

To close, slayer bros, wish me luck on my journey to get my life more under control and have a clearer mind and be able to really enjoy when I smoke as opposed to just doing it to fill a gap or boredom in the day. If anyone else is in the same boat as me, good luck to you too. If you aren't, smoke a big one for me.
>>
Blathers Lavatorius - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:17:11 EST wHCIXWKt No.4926787 Reply
one day at a time

always remember this

when you're trying to quit something, it's much harder to convince yourself to quit for a month
than it is to quit for a day

when you're outside, trying to run up a hill
sometimes it's easier to look downward where your next step will be
looking up into the distance may discourage you and fill you with doubt
once you start thinking of how far you still have to go

one step at a time
one day at a time

before you know it
you'll have arrived
>>
Samantha Meatflap - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:39:03 EST Xe0sf3La No.4926788 Reply
>>4926786
my main advice is to stop coming here. you'll get over it way quicker. also learn a thing. anything you'll realize how much easy everything cognitive is, your self esteem will go up and you won't want to bail on reality so much(not that theres anything wrong with bailing on reality sometimes.)
>>
Reuben Druffingstock - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:49:24 EST 97+qFtu2 No.4926789 Reply
>>4926786
Just don't buy it. If you've got a weekend just drive two towns over and spend a couple of days in a nice hotel eating chips and jacking off in front of the bathroom câmeras.
>>
Angus Sonnerbanks - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 14:07:15 EST jDnmDx2N No.4926791 Reply
Masturbation will probably become your new favourite activity.
>>
Philly Jones - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:09:33 EST vkTigz9G No.4926800 Reply
hey i'm in the exact same situation, sticking to weekends but i go overboard and smoke a fuck ton
also smoke like once on weekdays
i'm not even getting high anymore, just a very light buzz, it sucks

>>4926789
but that's so much better high...
>>
Lucas Lovely - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:34:15 EST 4HFIIuxB No.4926802 Reply
Stay busy
Use a vape
Gradually decrease quantity, leave frequency the same at first.
Then reduce frequency

This should work but I kinda like being high
>>
Esther Handerlock - Wed, 14 Aug 2019 23:43:37 EST 3NN6cPmw No.4926821 Reply
I'm trying to cut back to once a day rather than all day erryday. I still feel like I have the side effects of being high all the time, like a dry nose and shit though.
>>
Jarvis Clummlehatch - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 04:37:28 EST jyGWVZEF No.4926835 Reply
Smoke CBD. HEAR ME OUT. Yes CBD weed has less THC but that's not the point.

1. Anecdotally it's relaxing enough to curb my craving for the day (CBD strains both having low THC and CBD itself counteracting psychoactive effects) but this isn't really my point

2. This is a relatively new discovery with strong evidence though the actual quantity of studies lacks. Anyway just read the greentext
>When you smoke, the body flips the fuck out in response to the sudden influx of THC in the blood resulting in DNA in CB1 receptors realize they're getting too much and makes you all high and shit
>If they keep getting activated too much they get weak and don't respond as strongly
>For now this just means you have to smoke more for the same high
>After a while a bunch of signals happen and the cell pulls the low functioning receptor in to recycle, making it completely unavailable until new ones regenerate
>This is why dumb stoners get a cap on how high they can get
The above is THC tolerance in general
>CBD meanwhile doesn't bind to CB1 but *does* regulate the endocannabinoid system, I can't find information on the exact mechanic but it essentially tells the brain to make more of them, whereas THC has the opposite effect

I'll make my own thread once I organize my thoughts
>>
Daniel Chickenchoke - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:12:01 EST jyGWVZEF No.4926872 Reply
>>4926838
At this point it's a different drug to me as I use it for completely different purposes, I've started using small amounts of CBD for relaxing/anxiety, THC for getting stoned
>>
Eugene Hunkintire - Thu, 15 Aug 2019 22:12:11 EST 3NN6cPmw No.4926880 Reply
Last night I went to bed sober for the first time in a long time and basically just tossed and turned all night. I'm gonna try some CBD weed I've got this time. Some people say it's stimulating, but it's also said to help with sleep quality and it's got lots of myrcene which is supposedly good for sleep so I'm optimistic it will help me sleep.
>>
Brooke Elitingston - Fri, 16 Aug 2019 20:37:06 EST 0A9KQ5ZG No.4926920 Reply
i wonder if cbd helps with not dreaming like thc
>>
Graham Gattingway - Sat, 17 Aug 2019 07:42:18 EST 3NN6cPmw No.4926951 Reply
>>4926880
First sober night of sleep might have sucked ass, but last night I got the best sleep I've had in ages.
>>4926920
Getting your dreams back is the best part of sobriety for me. You get nightmares or something?

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.