Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Dear, Weedchefs

- Tue, 03 Sep 2019 14:06:45 EST dR/1E7xc No.4927821
File: 1567534005900.jpg -(55872B / 54.56KB, 450x600) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Dear, Weedchefs
I love edibles
I love them so much
I love eating them, making them, giving them out and seeing a good mood on peoples faces before they've even eaten them

I've been on a T Break for months, and Im itchin to get back in the kitchen again
Usually I cook my shit from using vaped weed, its nice n subtle and feels like it builds up slow
This time though I wanna do it "properly" for full potency, but im fearful of the traditional process of Decarbing weed

Ive gotten one of these whack as shit little wastes of space recently, since I dont wanna reek out my oven. Anyone ever use one?
I'd like some very confident answers or "golden rules" when it comes to decarbing weed so I dont have to 2nd guess myself when making edibles.
Full nugs, ground, time, accounting for possible uneven heating, things of that sort.

And if you're not an edibles guru, post about whatever your favorite edibles are to make and eat and how strong you like em.
Shits fucking fun
>>
Dextrolord - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 15:27:56 EST YKxkUJMB No.4927825 Reply
So ivw made tons of edibles from PG tincture to firecrackera to rice crispie treats and ofcourse the traditional brownies. When I decade straight buds for say firecrackers I grind it up and put it on a baking sheet with tinfoil on it and slap it in the oven at 175-200°f if memory serves correctly the trick is getting it hot but keeping it under 250f

Most of the time I just get a few lbs of trim from someone and buy some coconut oil and mix that all together in a crockpot and let it simmer on the lowest setting stirring occasionally for a full 12 hours or so then use it instead of butter in whatever recipe I'm trying out. Always keeping the oven 225 or lower when baking.

Hope this helps my eddies were always super potent from these methods
>>
Wesley Goodfoot - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 21:57:02 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4927831 Reply
>>4927821
I'm very amateur at making edibles, but am now recently seeing and feeling the benefits of making your own. For me I infuse my weed with avocado oil. Main reason I choose avocado oil is cause it has a really high smoke point, (somewhere around 520F), and it has a very subtle flavor. I place my grinded herb in a slow cooker set to low, let it sit in there dry for 30 minutes to an hour. I normally make exactly one bottle worth (about 500ML or 16.9 fl oz), or just enough where the herb is coated properly (about a cup or more of oil). I keep it on low for 6-8 hours, stirring it every 30 minutes but less and less over time. When the times up, strain it, let it cool, then transfer the oil back into the original bottle or separate container.

I prefer avocado oil cause its easy to make, and can be substituted for just about any lipid or oil in most recipes. Brownies, pastries, you name it. However, infused avocado oil really works best with most Italian dishes. Especially homemade pesto.

Now for the cons, my process with the slow cooker isn't that great for hiding the smell. Also the 8 hour cook time sucks, but it's easy to make in the background of a day at home. Plus despite the avocado oil itself having a very light flavor, the finished infused oil has a very noticable herbal flavor. But you can easily hide that flavor by using chocolate. Chocolate is probably the best ingredient for edibles cause it hides the flavor really well if done properly.

Lastly for testing the potency, I test it myself. I judge it by taking 1/2 a teaspoon and wait to feel the effects. Usually takes 30 to 45 minutes to kick in. If you eat right after you take the dose, it tends to then kick in faster (20 minutes for me, low to mid tolerance). I do wanna find a way to get an accurate mg rating of the thc, but I have no idea how to figure that out.

Planning on trying to make some kind of candy, or possibly a simple tincture.

And yeah edibles are dope, and making them is even more dope.
>>
Wesley Goodfoot - Tue, 03 Sep 2019 21:58:27 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4927832 Reply
>>4927831

Oh yeah I forgot, I rarely make infused avocado oil cause avocado oil is EXPENSIVE as fuck
>>
Ben Dover - Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:18:34 EST oic7wk3D No.4927880 Reply
I'm a noob with cannabutter but doesn't lining your stomach with greasy food make a difference? Yesterday I had my standard dose alongside with some fries and it kicked in much stronger.
>>
David Bongman - Thu, 05 Sep 2019 16:58:20 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4927895 Reply
>>4927880
That makes sense to me. If you're mainly eating lipids and fats at the time I guess your body would focus on digesting and processing the fats... gonna try that right now
>>
Alice Wunderdock - Fri, 06 Sep 2019 00:25:15 EST k5ivNILW No.4927900 Reply
>>4927827

If you got a good nicotine vaporizer, they're good, especially where you can dictate how much thc you want in them. I asked my main online store (canada) what kind of vapes their cartridges fit on, he gave me a bunch of technical info, and I asked, I have a close to 100 dollars Kangertech, it's a common higher quality vape, they're all violet in colour and no fancy numbers or adjectives like LX or Extreme, just Kangertech and it seems that the standard ones sold out there fit on those, so they fit on most vapes that aren't shitty 15 dollar ones in general.

It sucks you have to deal with black market bunk cartridges, lol, never heard of their existence until weed was legalized all the way, wow almost 2 years ago now.
>>4927821

Edibles most of the time mostly underwhelm or overwhelm me, it's hard to find my sweet spot, and the one time it worked awesome, it was made from like 4 garbage bag filled leaves leftover plants, used a pound of butter, I just buttered some toast and put some raspberry jam over it and it went it right and worked really well and I was in the perfect zon. protip: if you're gonna do this, do not use peanut butter, with the green buttah, it's disgusting, it absorbs all the taste, that was some massively strong buddah, yeah it was just leaves, but 4 or 5 extra large garbage bags full of em reduced to a pound of butter.
>>
Cyril Brinnerfoot - Fri, 06 Sep 2019 05:21:00 EST WxwMGDEq No.4927904 Reply
>>4927900
Don't talk about vapes until you can organize this word salad. 510 pens and ccell carts are goat. Never spend more than $20 on a vape.
>>
Flatulent Frank - Fri, 06 Sep 2019 06:08:44 EST bnm60pTf No.4927906 Reply
>>4927825
Firecrackers are neat but i havent felt the need to make one since highschool
Once I figured out caramels and hard candy infusion it became much more fun to play around
I use a slowcooker for the infusion process, its a pain to have to refill the 'bath water' every 2 hours though. Humidifies the room like crazy
>>4927831
Coconut oil is my goto just since all I need is room temperature to get it liquid again
Caramels are the most versatile I think, easy to make, easy to portion

>>4927901
nop
>>
Frederick Himbledock - Fri, 06 Sep 2019 16:38:58 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4927925 Reply
>>4927906
I'm pretty sure coconut oil is the most used oil for infusing because it has the highest amount of saturated fat, which cannabinoids bind to the best. I'm a lightweight so I stick with avocado oil since it feels a lot more chill and relaxed, with a neutral flavor too.
>>
Phoebe Pushsutch - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 03:27:04 EST bnm60pTf No.4927978 Reply
>>4927925
Yeah, i just used coconut oil, i always do, it makes everything taste good, I love it

I used my shitty little glass oven at 175c for like 30 minutes, and made a smaller batch of candies, these might be the strongest ive made.
I had to take a whole day off because taking the foil off the jar top i was decarbing in immediately filled my face with vape cloud and fucked me up for the rest of the day.

I'm very satisfied but think I can probably get another squeeze out of the material I used, might just vape the rest of my buds and add that to my next attempt
>>
William Deepfist - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 08:37:05 EST t5eYcvJp No.4927990 Reply
1567946225500.jpg -(10805B / 10.55KB, 186x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4927821
So basically after working on the weed field I still have a fuck ton of finger hash.
I came back with a ping-pong ball sized ball of hash and its been going into my cookies sense.
I make my cookies with sugars and flour that can be easily digested and with super foods. When I can. Usually i'll make hemp seed, oatmeal, raisin or hemp seed chocolate chip. But if i'm looking for an energy bar like cookie i'll add all sorts of stuff in there to help me feel good when i'm damn near tripping levels of stoned. Its a shitty feeling when you have an easy bake oven grease cookie in your belly when you are reaching the hump.

For the most recent Fourth of July I made goji berry and seed/nuts/oat cookies. Both my brother and I ate like 3-4 of them and swam in the Atlantic. It was pretty rad.
Another time I brought a whole dish of hash cookies to a party of acrobats. Fuck yeah.
No one got too high. Which is a delicate balance when you make edibles for others.
Sadly I'm about to run out of finger hash soon.
>>
Philly Jones - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 10:38:13 EST exwGsf7h No.4927993 Reply
>>4927990
Ever jerk off with the sticky fingers? Like use a little lube and just smear the weed all over your penoii?
>>
Hits Biggington - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 16:13:42 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4928005 Reply
>>4927988
I think most grocery stores got it. If not a organic grocery or maybe a co-op? I bet you can easily order some online, or as stated before, Walmart (probably the cheapest option). But no matter where you get it, it most likely will be more expensive than coconut oil. Can never go wrong with coconut oil.
>>
Hits Biggington - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 16:18:27 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4928006 Reply
>>4927978
Got any good candy recipes?
And you mean like the vapor from the weed and coconut oil infusion fucked you up? Never seen vapor from cooking oil, but then again I do it at a low temp for a long period of time.
>>
Dextrolord - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 17:39:29 EST Of9Ysxop No.4928016 Reply
>>4927993

Bump for great interest

Btw, will deepfist, u sound like u make good edibles but come off pretentious at about it. Just sayin
>>
Lucy Steamcunt - Sun, 08 Sep 2019 22:52:10 EST g4kxuJHB No.4928025 Reply
I'm gonna buy some rick simpson oil soon and add that to some oil. It should already be decarbed I think and ready to eat.
>>
Amanda Swizzlestick - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 07:19:32 EST bnm60pTf No.4928061 Reply
>>4928006
Nah like, the vapor from decarbing the ground buds in a jar
pulled off the lid and hit with a heavy mint-like vapor cloud

this is my favorite Caramel recipe
https://youtu.be/dmFGGXRKRac
for gummies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuuUlQIunlU
If you take away the gelatin in the gummy recipe, you can pull it and in a pile of cornflour for an hour to make some soft chewy pulled taffy

Everybody loves a good caramel though
>>
Alberto Crackplough - Tue, 10 Sep 2019 17:55:58 EST 8vdpKnKf No.4928083 Reply
>>4928061
Oh, gotcha. I can imagine that happening to me too.

Those recipes look easy and delicious, appreciate it. Caramel is one of my favorites, always paranoid that I'd easily burn it, but I'll give those a try.
>>
Fred Falkland - Wed, 11 Sep 2019 00:31:03 EST bnm60pTf No.4928094 Reply
>>4928083
It is as she says, the second you reach the target temperature, stop
A few degrees difference changes the whole thing.
Thankfully ive only ever had one total fuckup and let it get to 10 degrees over turning it into what I could only call tar, just from looking away for no more than 10 seconds.
Other times it just turned out pretty hard because I didnt stop with a bowl of cold water.
Hard caramels have their charm, but I make these to make accurate doses. When it gets rock solid, best you can do is wait for it to set then shatter it on a kitchen bench.

Good to add in a quarter teapsoon of salt into the mix, but better to dip them in a pile of salt once youve made them an cut them.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.