Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Depersonalization after taking weed

- Sat, 16 Nov 2019 09:24:47 EST PnsDmD7A No.4931128
File: 1573914287839.png -(1193553B / 1.14MB, 917x960) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Depersonalization after taking weed
This feeling really sucks, I had a panic attack after taking too much weed, it's been 10 days and I'm still feeling insanely trippy, like I'm looking at my dog and I'm just totally weirded out by him merely existing.
How to remedy this?
>>
Phoebe Podgehall - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 09:42:22 EST jDnmDx2N No.4931130 Reply
>I'm looking at my dog and I'm just totally weirded out by him merely existing.
Ever taken a look at yourself in the mirror? You're a glob of thinking goo with a ton of creepy little fleshy ropes hanging on its tail, resting inside a bone structure protected by a bunch of other substances.
>>
Bobby Chong - Sat, 16 Nov 2019 13:55:03 EST guNtwHWF No.4931141 Reply
1573930503751.jpg -(155597B / 151.95KB, 797x808) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
the weed is trying to tell you something. its showing you a problem that was already there. it made you vulnerable to it. dont get distracted thinking that the weed is the problem. ask the right questions. do you wanna grow? do you wanna shrink from adversity? become a person like other people? what up cuh??
>>
Eugene Wassleheck - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 08:54:47 EST TB4q4cPv No.4931177 Reply
>>4931128
It'll last for anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months. Just don't allow yourself to get fixated on things. Become aware of your thoughts and notice them when they get scary. Remember as well that your thoughts can be more than just the words you hear in your head, sometimes you can confuse what is actually a thought with PERCEPTION. So, if while looking at your dog you are suddenly struck by the very stark fact that he is alive, remember that the panic you're feeling all has to do with how you're reacting to it, just breathe and remember that mountains are mountains and water is water. You'll be okay.
>>
Jesus Hayzeus - Sun, 17 Nov 2019 23:35:18 EST lMewfMZL No.4931214 Reply
>>4931128
let me share with you what i believe to be true...

let's look at anxiety. what is it? i heard alan watts compare it to reverberations, like if you clap your hands in a bathroom. it's reverberations of thought.

your conscious mind, sometimes referred to as you ego, is a thinking machine. it's good at skill development, reason, recall of facts, and things like that. many smart people are also anxious as fuck. they're anxious because they can't shut off their goddamn computer for a minute and do...whatever the opposite is. vibe? something like that. i believe that the entirety of your being is composed of your reason/consciousness/ego AND your imagination/intuition/unconsciousness.

therefore, if you feel anxiety, you should know that's only part of the picture, and the part of you that can THINK is in overdrive. since it's only PART of the whole, it might INSIST things are freaky, scary, wrong, et cetera, but it is not telling you what IS. it's telling you NOTHING about reality. that's why when i've smoked in the past, things seemed more real than ever...because all my circuits are online.

think about this as well. science is a joke. the only thing we know via scientific instruments is about THOSE INSTRUMENTS. if you think of your conscious mind/ego as a scientific instrument--and who's to say it's not?--then all that's happening is your instrument is telling you about itself. a snake eating its own tail. and i think what prompted you to write this post is a sense of "how the fuck do i shut this thing off?"

well, at least science is a funny joke (useful).

the best take-away i can give you is use this anxiety to THINK. the best way to think is to suspend all judgements. you came here to ask us for our judgements. stop acting in terms of right/wrong. open yourself up and see what's there. i know it's scary, and i can't say i'd be any braver than you, but make a commitment to yourself to defer judgement until all the facts are in.
>>
Jesus Hayzeus - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 00:02:48 EST lMewfMZL No.4931216 Reply
>>4931214
please indulge me while i make another post.

contrary to psychology, especially freud, i don't believe your mind has parts. id, ego, libido, whatever. i believe your mind has states of being or modes.

what you did, my stoned friend, is pried open your vision far more than you could deal with. you opened the ark of the covenant, you touched the monolith, etc. it's almost amusing how freaked out we can get despite that nothing has changed, or will change. you simply see more than you intended to see. you had no idea what you were getting yourself into, and now you have to deal with the fallout. this isn't a bad thing. these things happen in life all the time, and they are called accidents. it's been said that enlightenment has been known to happen TO people, rather than intentionally.

the stereotype pot smoking loser is a "normie" who tends not to think. perhaps you're the kind of person who's already a thinker, thus you are trying to bring this new information into focus so you can deal with it, so it's not chaos. there's a lot you can get out of chaos if you're patient and open minded. right now, you're more open minded than you've ever been. if you manage to RE-personalize without learning anything, you may be missing something vital to you and those you care about. this might be a good time to go into less conscious states (sleeping, meditating, a simple repetitive task, doing absolutely nothing, grinding in an MMO), take it easy, and see what kind of things your mind coughs up. in my experience, these always come out as DEFINITIVE CONCLUSIONS, which is what you're in need of right now. best of luck.
>>
Hans McKiffer - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:09:49 EST 0SXCRzIl No.4931556 Reply
1574694589854.png -(671600B / 655.86KB, 1223x677) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4931128
Cannabis has opened your third eye chakra and you're moaning about this newly discovered intelligence on 420chan? mfw
>>
Marcus Diarrhea - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 16:03:56 EST raS2qmvs No.4931577 Reply
>>4931128
Sleep for a full day or two. The dream narratives will help you get back on track. Unless this is your first revelation. Then it's gonna take longer.
>>
Imahoe Dickweed - Mon, 25 Nov 2019 22:22:25 EST 33EFZ5eA No.4931593 Reply
>>4931128
300mg of stop being a pussy.

But really, weed might not be for you. It'll go away eventually.
>>
Sudden McLovin - Tue, 24 Dec 2019 09:54:17 EST J4He9WX/ No.4932598 Reply
>>4931128
Got it after a car crash bought a year ago related to anxiety and panic attacks quite common. Sucks but will go away try get some xanax from doc.
>>
Sidney Honeystock - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 23:51:43 EST kUbhDHNF No.4932682 Reply
>>4932598
Same thing dude. I thought it's just weed but a car crash got me really anxious in general. Got night terrors all the time and some attacks while high. After a year or so, no problems, just bliss.
>>
LordPV - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 04:16:40 EST qFI+KiNe No.4932685 Reply
Hey, so I've having some... I don't know if they sould be called "problems" with weed.

I hadn't taken any weed since the first year of college (and I'm 29 now) and recently decided to take some again.

Since I'm a tryhard, I went through all the trouble of buying the seeds, growing, harvesting... I even made some extracts with solvants'n shit to make it into cookies and not stink up the whole house.

I tried it several times, with increasing doses but it doesn't appear ti be working.
I get... something, but it's not high, just a bit unfocused.
And the next day I wake up with a worse hangover than I ever got from booze.

Does that happen to anyone else?
>>
>>
Bigblunts Bongingford - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:10:25 EST cWb4JUcn No.4932694 Reply
>>4932685
Nah usually people who don't like something tend to stop doing it.
>>
Augustus Posslemag - Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:03:39 EST fFKfqdzR No.4932769 Reply
>>4932685
Sounds like you grew bad weed. Not trying to be a dick but, that's the most likely explanation for a first-time grower not getting high off his own stash.
>>
Edwin Wigglekit - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 04:12:33 EST n0Sa88H/ No.4932787 Reply
>>4931128
This happens to me even if i smoke a little. Get intrusive thoughts about my past mistake which was a huge one, can't focus, what do lads?
>>
Easty Beasty - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 04:15:40 EST 5CyNFSVZ No.4932788 Reply
you have acute niggardly brain syndrome brought on by the weed. this is common and goes away with time. the best recommendation to treat the symtpoms is smoke more and chill out
>>
Edwin Wigglekit - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 09:54:25 EST n0Sa88H/ No.4932804 Reply
>>4932798
Yeah, but when I hang out with people sometimes I'm obliged to smoke
>>
Buzz Killington - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:39:32 EST PtPlS9Or No.4933726 Reply
>>4931128
About 10 years ago, I made a thread here asking something similar.
OP, you just have something called: generalized anxiety disorder.
It is treated by visiting the doctor and going on a cycle of either SSRIs, or benzodiazepines.
It's not deadly, and it will not render you unemployable, or whatever it is you're worried about it doing to you.
Honestly, people like you and me who have it benefit greatly from going deep into learning about psychology and how the mind works.
For starters, consider reading a book called Feeling Good by cognitive behavioral therapist Dr. David D. Burns. It's top rated among psychology books.

In short, relax, you'll be okay. Guaranteed.
>>
Nathaniel Pockhood - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 19:22:01 EST OXR1ubf7 No.4933730 Reply
1580084521748.gif -(231008B / 225.59KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4931128
now is also a good time to experiment with your own camouflage in the mirror.

Human eyeballs and nostrils are aligned at the same proportion as a butterflies wings, giving you the ability to make some crazy visually distorting faces akin to these optical illusions.
>>
Gabriel Leavings - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 01:59:55 EST iBiIXMmL No.4933749 Reply
smoke weed, fun times, eventually you develop anxiety, and then stop smoking weed.. this is the course it takes, has happened to most of my friends.. usually takes around 10-15 years before it's not fun anymore so enjoy it :)
>>
Fark McGeezax - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 02:36:56 EST inGVCwTd No.4933751 Reply
>>4933726

This guy is on the money.

I've recently started smoking again after being a pretty heavy user during my twenties and I'm getting anxiety like nothing else. I also have bad depression but weed was always good for that and it still helps greatly however my anxiety was always minimal but recently my marriage problems have brought up some anxiety and it's very unpleasant.

like the poster above me said try hitting up your doctor for some low dose SSRI meds or benzos and you'll be alright in no time. Try lovan if you wants less shitty side effects.
>>
Herald Budsworth - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 05:57:50 EST ZHQjk/QJ No.4933760 Reply
Eat some fats you fucking lanky weakling.

Everytime I read about you fucking midwestern bum fucks with shwag going haywire over a hit of some fucking boof I get so god damn angry. I smoke ounces of Jungle Boys in a week, cannabis is not fucking psychedelic, you are just a fucking nimrod.
>>
>>
George Packlenore - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 07:54:33 EST Rkwq3wNt No.4933762 Reply
>>4933760
Yeah, when you smoke ounces of "jungle boys" in a week you tend to miss objective facts, like differences between people and that weed is objectively also a very mild psychedelic.
>>
George Packlenore - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:00:08 EST Rkwq3wNt No.4933763 Reply
>>4931216
I non ironically agree with you, as long as you understand help is at times required (if he remains all weird for more than a couple weeks he may have fucked up beyond what is organically reparable).
>>
Herald Budsworth - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 08:08:07 EST ZHQjk/QJ No.4933766 Reply
>>4933762

.. Fucking pent up whities having anxiety attacks off of bush weed.
>>
Herman Smith - Mon, 27 Jan 2020 09:03:19 EST cWb4JUcn No.4933767 Reply
>>4933751
Yup! I smoked once in middle school and now when I hit the joint my head literally explodes, what a mess...

Stop this meme.
>>
Hugh Fepperhall - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 19:28:46 EST FBWBW9qC No.4933815 Reply
dude i used drugs and it wasnt like in the movies and rap music videos.. it felt weird. how do i fix this and why did it happen??????
>>
The nugless entity - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 20:46:20 EST DrEtyoz9 No.4933819 Reply
1580262380398.jpg -(7703B / 7.52KB, 192x256) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4931128

Sometimes it's just not meant for some OP.

I've been smoking weed most my life and recently had to stop because everytime I would smoke it would lead to undesirable effects and it really sucks balls. I miss being able to spark some fat bowls without worry but now it messes with my heart and if continued will lead to more damage.

My main provider has also reported that their roommates who used everyday no longer are able to simply because they were experience panic attacks with anxiety and it could very well be directly related to the high concentrates of THC in the new potent strains. I've also seen this in others mostly in their late 20s, those who smoke everyday that can no longer smoke due to similar reasons, though some are lucky that after a long hiatus are able to use again but not always.

I've since quit using the great greens and perhaps you should avoid it too, there may be underlying conditions causing you to react badly to the weed much like myself. Anyone who says no one has ever died from it obviously haven't heard of the number of deaths related to it in Colorado from those who have overdosed on it and I personally knew someone hospitalized from it with symptoms of heart attack. Sure it'd take your body weight in THC to be toxic but that DOES NOT mean the effects are unable to send you into sudden cardiac arrest and kill you, it can very well stop your heart if unlucky.

In time you may feel you have returned to normal, you will regain energy, and your brain chemistry balance out to where you feel average again although you will probably think differently as your perception has been altered by it but that is nothing to be worried about unless you have some behavioral problems. In which case if you do have continued problems, see a medical professional instead of listening to druggies on a random forum board.

Cannabis is an absolutely fuckin amazing plant but that doesn't mean it's a miracle cure all for everyone or guaranteed to be pleasant for some. Spoken to many who claim that cannabis just makes them feel sick when they try it. Definitely know your limits. Hope you recover and continue to be healthy and happy, best of luck OP.

>>4933766

Choke on your toke and swallow your bigotry, outta here with your racist inconsiderate attitude. Your lack of care to give is only indicative of your inherent absence of compassion. Bury your face in your bong and begone, these problems don't concern you anyhow.

>>4933767

Care to tell the families of the ones who died that it's just a meme? I wish it were just one, my existence is living proof that you are wrong. To be honest, I wish for you to inherit this curse and find yourself unable to enjoy what once brought you pleasure just so you could comprehend how awful it is.

Bad vibes, nb.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.