Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Should I stop?

- Mon, 18 Nov 2019 22:29:55 EST gzmTB98K No.4931253
File: 1574134195723.jpg -(77282B / 75.47KB, 736x831) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Should I stop?
Hi /weed/

I come today looking for some insight from long time tokers. I'm wondering if I should stop smoking weed as the last ounce I bought is about to run out.

I've been smoking for the better part of the last 10 years. Started to smoke daily on my own when I was 21, I'm 31 today.

During that period there have been ups and downs but I was mostly content by being a lazy fuckup who played vidya, smoked weed and had an ok job to pay the bills. Ive had a couple of gfs, exercised here and there, but I've always been on the heavy side.

I have a college degree in accounting and I was working on my masters degree on tax law, I was doing great. Perfect grades, cept for that 90. I have an over the average academic intelligence, so even as lazy as I've always been I always did good in most jobs I had, I always delivered and for the most part I did w/e I wanted in the jobs that I kept for more than a year.

Couple of months ago I was scouted by a great international company to work as a head accountant in one of the branches that just started in my city. My pay rose by 3 times, but also my workload.

I expected that last part, but the thing is that I'm having a lot of difficulty in delivering in this job. Its a new industry to me and I feel like I really need to put 300% into it if I want to be successful in this new company, now, I was a lucky bastard and my parents paid my college tuition (not that expensive in my country) so my first real job I had I had at 23, after 2 years smoking heavily.

I was very slow at that first job, and that pace has remained during my whole career. I've been able to keep up using my wits to work more efficient and having great assistants, however I feel my slower pace is due to weed.

I didn't smoke for almost a full year around 4 years ago, and I don't recall any major changes in the way I worked, also I remember being frequently in worse mood and vividly dreaming 3 different times I bought some herb.

Does anyone share any similar stories? I feel the general "weed doesn't have bad consequences" is generally bullshit. I enjoy the high but I understand that something is very likely to change in my brain chemistry after such a long heavy use.

I've read that most secondary effects of THC usage are over after stop using it for a little while. But I'm not so sure.

I really want to do good at this new job of mine, I want to do something I feel I can be proud of before I die, and this could be it. (I also like the $$$)

Should I stop using weed? Did I fuck up my brain permanently? Do you have similar experiences you can share?

Much love /weed/

Pic unrelated
>>
Betsy Pockham - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 23:14:12 EST i+mbloBc No.4931254 Reply
1574136852008.png -(202497B / 197.75KB, 682x587) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4931253

long time (8+ years) edibles user here.
Whenever i go on a long break of 4-8 weeks, i always notice big changes. Some of them can even be quantified in terms of productive output. Not all of them are good - there are changes like i become a lot less patient, easier to anger and frustration at pointless/small dumb things. My thoughts do acquire certain ...speed. It becomes a lot easier to focus, a lot easier to work through difficult/complex problems and then of course is the massively improved memory.

I wouldn't say I am smarter/dumber, I wouldn't say i have less/more imagination/creativity on or off (even though it certainly can feel that way sometimes). Same with motivation/laziness ...I actually exercise a lot more when I am getting high every other day.

Anyway, I think you should quit for a few weeks or maybe even months. It sounds like you got a great job, great opportunity, focus on it 100% for a while, see how it goes. When it becomes ...easy/cruisy/chill or when maybe you hit the wall of your performance and you can safetly say "yup i am 100% clean and this is the best i can do for now" ...pick up where you left off. Plus a long ass tolerance break is always good too!
>>
Baby Eater - Mon, 18 Nov 2019 23:25:50 EST gzmTB98K No.4931255 Reply
>>4931254

I guess you're right. Will really miss it though, but you're right, I'm faced with a great opportunity, I have to give it my all.

Hopefully I regain that speed to process information, due to the nature of my job, it's really needed.

Will enjoy the last of my weed tonight.

Godspeed Anon.
>>
Max Power - Tue, 19 Nov 2019 19:19:18 EST 7gYVf4t3 No.4931296 Reply
1574209158889.gif -(870068B / 849.68KB, 320x320) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4931255
Hey I'm not involved in this discussion but he's right and I believe in you.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.