Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Making cannabutter?

- Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:53:51 EST vxxkna0d No.4932352
File: 1576536831634.jpg -(2359546B / 2.25MB, 3823x2223) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Making cannabutter?
So I wanna make cannabutter for my grandma and an old lady who lives in my building. I have had only semi-success at this before (rather poor results). There is a plethora of recipes and stuff on the net of course but I would very much like the opinions of this chan should its denizens deign to give them.
Situation:
I'm metric (also celsius pls) and have access to the normal pots, pans and ovens and can probably purchase cheese-cloth. Probably about 5 grams of good bud (≈ about 50 $/€ worth in my country so I don't want to overdo any single attempt) and my time and effort.
Taste is not really an issue I just want something that gets the job done. The job being: Grandma; get her high and happy as well as giving her an appetite. Neighbour: helping out her back-pain and getting her high and happy. It's pitch fucking black in Scandinavia currently so just getting them heavily stoned would be enough even if the other two objectives don't materialize.

I will obviously test the potency on myself but both old ladies have tried it before (long ago) and I'm quite comfortable that they will be fine even if they trip ballz (as my dear old grandpa did a few times before he passed) I'll be around in any case as they try it out.

P.s. You might as well assume I'm a moron as it could save time.
>>
Doris Brunkinson - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:01:21 EST WrX4L++S No.4932355 Reply
Bind to some kind of lipid (butter or coconut oil are common options)

Do you have a rice cooker/slow cooker? Use that, or else simmer a pot on very low. Melt the butter/oil in there, grind up the weed, drop it in, cover, and let it chill for like, 4 hours. Stir it to make sure it's not sticking to the bottom every now and then. Strain out the plant matter and you got a cooking ingredient. If you're using butter, make sure to use it within the month or it'll go bad, coconut oil can last for significantly longer.

Fair to note, some "chunks" of the butter might be stronger than others. So you might have a super dank piece or a milder piece. I love this shit, it's a lot smoother than smoking.
>>
Doris Brunkinson - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:03:06 EST WrX4L++S No.4932356 Reply
>>4932355
Oh and there shouldn't be a super significant taste with 5g. I know you said taste wasn't a issue, but as long as you finely strain the butter, it shouldn't have a particularly planty effect on whatever you decide to bake.
>>
Lingering Hotwaggle - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 21:44:06 EST vxxkna0d No.4932369 Reply
1576550646043.png -(330739B / 322.99KB, 500x551) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4932355
Thanks for the response, I was planning on using butter though I am willing to put effort into finding other lipids if that would produce a better result*. Coconut oil is not something I've ever seen on the shelves of the average shop here in the frozen north.
>Do you have a rice cooker/slow cooker?
Nope. Nor does anyone I know I'm afraid. The concept hasn't penetrated my part of the world really. I'm stuck with simmering (which from a physics point of view feels weird. Water is either boiling or it isn't - was how I was taught to do the math).
>Melt the butter/oil in there, grind up the weed, drop it in, cover, and let it chill for like, 4 hours.
This would be the bit where I'd appreciate as much exposition as possible. I've read I should brown the weed in the oven beforehand and allow the weed and butter to simmer for as long as possible in water. The chilling bit must be the easiest(?) just stick it in the fridge overnight?
>If you're using butter, make sure to use it within the month or it'll go bad, coconut oil can last for significantly longer.
*I didn't know that. Could you share what you know of other fats and their lifespan? Regardless though I'm sure I can find takers for whatever the 80+ girls don't use so durability isn't imperative in this attempt but could be later (and couldn't hurt in general).
>Fair to note, some "chunks" of the butter might be stronger than others.
Good to know although I assumed some variability. Can't one just "knead" the finished product into some kind of uniformity? Not that it is a major issue, as I said, even if they end up with too much they'll be fine.
>I love this shit, it's a lot smoother than smoking.
If it works out I see no reason for myself not to transition. Lungs weren't made to enjoy smoke of any kind.
>>4932356
>on whatever you decide to bake.
I'm not even baking anything initially (except the two old ladies). I'll spread it on bread to keep it simple. Unless either of them have a better idea or want something different. I'll move on to that once, and if, I level up.

pic unrelated.
>>
Tommy Marin - Mon, 16 Dec 2019 23:32:54 EST EqYfL43Q No.4932372 Reply
>>4932352
My number one suggestion is decarboxylate the weed in an oven before you make cannabutter
>>
Doris Brunkinson - Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:36:27 EST WrX4L++S No.4932381 Reply
>>4932369
>Can't one just "knead" the finished product into some kind of uniformity? Not that it is a major issue, as I said, even if they end up with too much they'll be fine.
I'm a noob in the kitchen honestly. So maybe the lumps of potency in mine are from unevenly settled butter. I stirred mine with a regular kitchen spoon, so if you've got a better stirring utensil then you might have a more level result.
>This would be the bit where I'd appreciate as much exposition as possible. I've read I should brown the weed in the oven beforehand and allow the weed and butter to simmer for as long as possible in water. The chilling bit must be the easiest(?) just stick it in the fridge overnight?
Ok, reading my post back, I realize I could have been a bit unclear. The oil/butter should be liquid and heated for 4 hours. The cannabis plant material will be in inside the covered container with it, for the entire time. If the material is ground, then it will bind faster, and if it is not, then it will bind slowly. If the material is fully submerged, it'll probably bind no matter what. Binding is the goal, this is a good thing.
Also, if you're simmering, there's a safety issue. Any open flames should be monitored, so stay in the same room or at least nearby the entire time. It's the responsible thing.
>Could you share what you know of other fats and their lifespan?
Don't remember clearly. I was told that coconut oil lasts 6 months unaltered, but the process of making it bind the cannabis probably lowers shelf life somewhat. But that's all just guessing.
>>
Martha Brookdale - Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:02:15 EST z/OlAwJe No.4932399 Reply
>mix 2-3 grinders full of bud to small tin
>decarb at 240 - 250 F for 40 mins covered with tin foil
>add enough coconut oil to cover
>add lecithin to your liking
>back into oven covered at 350 for 25-30 mins
>freeze
>reheat at 240 for 20 mins
>freeze
>reheat at 240 for 20 mins etc
>strain
>consume oil however, eat bud with milk to swallow the bits

Mix the oil with ice cream or hot chocolate. Ez makes one dose

If you cant get coconut oil, just clarify your own butter. Same sat. Fat %
>>
Ben Dover - Wed, 18 Dec 2019 13:02:14 EST fbSr1dB/ No.4932416 Reply
I've been making it for years
fuck all this complicated shit other anons give you
all you need is some bandages (the long gause like material you bind your wound in, I'm ESL and have no clue if that's the right term), weed and butter
take 16 grams of butter per gram of weed, prefferably you'd like to remove the proteins and water and leave only butter
pour into jar, 10 and more grams of weed-> splash some distilled eater on it, less than 10 and just put the molten butter in the jar, take your grinded weed, bundle it up with bandages (the tighter the better) and close the jar
cook for 6 hours in boiling hot water, squeaze as much of cannabutter from the bundle and that's it
leave it to solidify, dump the water, get rid of the bundle and make some delicious cookies or whatever
>>
Reuben Picklecocke - Wed, 18 Dec 2019 16:13:53 EST jDnmDx2N No.4932421 Reply
Goddamn it feels good to have specialized kitchen tools for decarbing and infusing. Suck mah dick, Amish naysayers.
>>
John Muvingmare - Thu, 19 Dec 2019 00:08:15 EST jDnmDx2N No.4932438 Reply
>>4932437
Nah, think sluttier. A MBM from a decade back and a decarbing device since my oven's precise temperatures are a guess.
>>
Hans McKiffer - Thu, 19 Dec 2019 06:48:48 EST 7Ebv7YLE No.4932445 Reply
>>4932437
If you're a pothead get a decarb machine, the temperature control is better, you don't use as much energy, there's a timer, it doesn't stink as bad...
>>
John Muvingmare - Thu, 19 Dec 2019 12:42:45 EST jDnmDx2N No.4932458 Reply
1576777365303.jpg -(3972314B / 3.79MB, 5725x3817) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4932445
Last time I mentioned one of those here I pissed off a bunch of people who claimed the traditional way of oven decarb was superior. (cavemen_skoffing_at_the_first_wheel.jpg) I don't know what kind of fancy super-precise ovens they have, but I definitely prefer letting a smarter device do its thing. Technology is fucking awesome.
>>
Cyril Firryman - Fri, 20 Dec 2019 07:09:28 EST iju4viSV No.4932481 Reply
>>4932420
I once ate all 20 grams in the bundle
barely got the high amounting to two brownies and massive urge to shit
not worth imo when you realise that 2 brownies is 0,6 grams, that's like 20 bucks loss if I'm using the highest quality weed for the butter (20$ I could sell cookies/edibles for, that's less than 10 bucks in weed spent)
>>
>>
Priscilla Blytheforth - Fri, 20 Dec 2019 09:19:27 EST d4K74RBC No.4932487 Reply
>>4932458
It's just the same except for retards who can't seal a tray for 20min at 120c
>>
Phoebe Blangerstet - Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:49:10 EST vxxkna0d No.4932782 Reply
1577764150893.jpg -(610292B / 595.99KB, 976x556) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Sorry for bumping an old thread (I honestly thought it was dead once it fell past pg. 1) but I'd like to thank those who responded at least and do so in turn.

>>4932381
Will do, most seem to agree on this point.
>>4932372
So basically I boil a container (of weed/butter) like >>4932416 suggests or do you mean I cover the boiling water/weed/butter? [I think I might as well go for butter since I'm in the frozen north and we haven't yet invented large scale importation of coconut oil].
>>4932399
Interesting, I never considered doing the whole thing in the oven (though my sister has reported microwaving stuff in Scotland). I'm not exactly sure what "clarifying butter" means in practice but I will google.
>>4932416
Bandages sound like a great idea and might actually be much more easily available to me than cheese-cloth. BTW does the fat actually circulate much around the weed to bind if it's in a jar? Do I pluck it out an stir it occasionally?

pic unrelated.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.