Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Harm Reduction Notes for the COVID-19 Pandemic

Weed for pain management

- Thu, 20 Feb 2020 22:05:04 EST q13YE1qr No.4934727
File: 1582254304798.jpg -(274753B / 268.31KB, 1920x1080) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Weed for pain management
I quit smoking 3 years ago. Today I woke up with terrible back pain from what was once an old herniated disc. Like it's hard to walk kind of pain. Anyway my mom had some expired a few months ago gummies and a "naturesgraceandwellness" disposable vape pen. So I ate 50mg of the gummies 45min ago and just hit that vape pen which I'm really starting to feel. However, I still feel the pain lol. I mean it's a bit duller but it definitely hurts. It helps that I'm decently stoned. I once heard weed for pain treatment that it just makes it so you don't mind the pain as much. I'm sure a big part of it is that the gummie is a sativa and the pen doesn't seem to have much if any cbd.

Anyway what I'm getting at is that I would like some advice on this. I refuse to take opioids but I'm getting worried about what will happen when I see the doctor, I'm just really hoping this doesn't get worse. So long term pain management might be something I need to do. IL is now legal so I probably have access to a large variety of stuff. Thanks for reading, sorry if I smell like new I stopped coming here when I quit weed.
>>
Adam Deepfist - Thu, 20 Feb 2020 22:28:13 EST AHZUnzad No.4934729 Reply
Indica, a good chiropractor, and learn quality yoga stretches from some hippy.
Pain management and weed is just relief, what you do and are able to do when feeling this relief is what's really going to count and help improve your life long term.
>>
Thorsday Cuntmuff - Thu, 20 Feb 2020 23:44:36 EST GNguW63v No.4934732 Reply
1582260276653.jpg -(21181B / 20.68KB, 450x300) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4934729

>what you do and are able to do during this relief is what's really going to count

100% this. Being in pain sucks ass. But what sucks even more than being in pain is being in pain to the point where it is incapacitating. The goal of pain management should not be to completely eliminate pain (unless you want to go down the opioid road), but rather to... manage it. As the above poster said, indica and strains high in CBD will probably offer you a lot of relief, especially if you combine their effects with the therapeutic benefits of chiropractors and tension relieving exercises.

Hang in there, OP. Things will get better, and you will find a way to be at peace with the way things are now. Just keep trying. <3
>>
Stink Pinkling - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 06:43:11 EST mjrdf/vh No.4934738 Reply
I use 50/50 thc/cbd carts to sleep. I have piriformis syndrome.
>>
Jenny Mocklewill - Fri, 21 Feb 2020 11:46:56 EST CYZrKxeg No.4934746 Reply
>>4934729
https://n.neurology.org/content/45/12/2284
Chiropractors can be downright lethal. Would not advise.

>>4934727
See a physiotherapist. Fwiw a doctor might not prescribe you opioids or other addictive painkillers. Ibuprofen and/or paracetamol can get you very far, esp when combined with rehab exercises.

Opioids work similar to how you describe weed when it comes to pain management. Your pain won't go away, but you'll not mind it as much. For long term treatment I would DEFINITELY agree that weed's worth a shot before going on opioids. US doctors have a notoriously bad reputation for follow-ups on opioid prescriptions, and as you know that addiction will be much harder to handle than daily weed use.
>>
Derek Dickington - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:08:48 EST gyfgSDBT No.4934898 Reply
>>4934746
Basically this. I deal with acute back pain too from a spinal injury 12 years ago. ibuprofen (about 1,000mg every 3-5 hours), weed, and some alcohol later in the day along with light stretches and exercises has done wonders. I’m now at the point to where I can actually do push-ups and lift weights again. The pain is super tolerable now, you can never get rid of it completely but the human body/minds capabilities to adapt is pretty amazing. “Background pain” is definitely a thing lol, the key is to try to stay in shape and keep the pain at a manageable level
>>
Derek Dickington - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 04:19:26 EST gyfgSDBT No.4934899 Reply
>>4934898 also 1 icy hot patch in the morning (no more after, keep applied for 8 hours) along with everything else stated and you should be OK
>>
Wesley Dublingnudging - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:54:18 EST 8AwTkZ18 No.4934917 Reply
>>4934727
Weed is hit or miss for pain, it depends on you, the weed, and the source of pain, but if you find something that works you've struck gold. Mine comes from an autoimmune disorder and I've had better luck with satvia for some reason.

>IL
Illinois does issue med access to people that would otherwise be prescribed opioids, it's the Opioid Alternative Pilot Program, separate from the debilitating conditions or terminal illness program. The card is for 90 days instead of 1-3 years but it's renewable, easier to qualify for, and you only pay 10 dollars each renewal cycle. The catch is that you must see your doctor every time you renew, which alone would cost more than the 3-year card unless you have medicaid.

Please don't be one of those many, many people who fake enthusiasm or ptsd at a card mill just to dodge early rec problems. It makes it harder for people with conditions that have no effective treatment let alone any affordable one. Supply will be fine after this summer. Lines will go down when the novelty wears off for tourists from surrounding states. I can't say anything about taxes though because it IS Illinois.
>>
Jebediah Cuntpickle - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 16:32:00 EST 4pjikULj No.4934924 Reply
>>4934917

>I can't say anything about taxes though because it IS Illinois.

they're going to increase in July.
https://www.chicagobusiness.com/joe-cahill-business/how-long-can-pot-resisting-towns-hold-out

>As sales outstripped expectations, so did tax collections. Illinois imposes a tax of 10 percent to 25 percent on retail sales of pot, depending on how much THC it contains, on top of basic sales tax. There's also a 7 percent tax on transactions between marijuana cultivators and retailers. During the first month of sales, recreational pot generated $7.3 million in weed-specific taxes and $3.1 million in basic sales tax dollars for the state.

>Come July, suburbs that allow pot sales will get to imbibe. That's when Illinois will begin collecting an additional weed sales tax of up to 3 percent on behalf of municipalities that permit weed shops.
>>
Livington Fuckwiggle - Wed, 26 Feb 2020 23:52:18 EST k636VYZy No.4934943 Reply
>>4934902
What? I just gave homie advise on how to use weed to treat back pain
>>
Angus Lightwill - Thu, 27 Feb 2020 15:23:04 EST q13YE1qr No.4934959 Reply
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was pretty high and panicking when I wrote the post. Went to the Dr the next day and she prescribed me Naproxem and a muscle relaxer. I do not like the muscle relaxer and haven't really been taking it, but the pain has gotten a lot better with time. I'm going to keep cannabis on the table, but seeing as the severity of things has dropped a lot I don't think it'll be necessary. Still, I am working for the first time this weekend so I might grab a little disposable vape pen from the dispensary and use it as needed afterwards.

>>4934917
No I don't plan on getting a med card

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.