Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Addiction motivationn

- Wed, 25 Mar 2020 04:09:11 EST dC1F1WAq No.4935853
File: 1585123751884.jpg -(228652B / 223.29KB, 1134x756) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Addiction motivationn
Hello,

I'm making this post just to vent and also get some motivation from people who might had similar experiences with me.

I'm trying to cut my weed consumption for the moment. I've realised that since the last year, basically since I found access to a lot of weed, smoking doesn't make me as high as it used to. I'm basically throwing my money away. Basically my day would be to get high as soon as I got home from work and then continue to smoke until it was time to sleep but during the last 3-4 months I wasn't actually getting high, I just fogged my mind. Gone are the days when I was getting stoned after one or two joints, when I could enjoy high sex or eating sweets while having cotton mouth. I think that I've got too much tolerance and I continue smoking more and more just to catch a good high.

My goal is to smoke much less, to make it like a weekend event because weed has lost it's magic with the daily smoking of 4-5 joints.

Another aspect of my addiction is that I don't remember doing stuff with my girlfriend while not high. It has been over a year since we had sex not under the influence of weed. I also always need weed for something. Wanna play a video game? Let's roll a joint, wanna watch a movie? Go to a concert? I always have to smoke before even though I know that it probably won't really enhance my experience but I just have to do it. I've been smoking every day for the past year without a stop.

I get glimpses of how clear my mind can be while I'm at work and I'm obviously not high at work but now with the Corona situation I'm working from home and I actually increased my consumption.

Today is the first day of not smoking weed, wish me luck. Does anyone have any similar experiences? What did you do to cut your consumption or to lower your tolerance? Any comments appreciated.
>>
Arcturus Shitstain - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:01:36 EST E0bJmfUI No.4935855 Reply
I take t-breaks. Every responsible weed user goes through this. Sucks 2bu...good luck. Drink iced coffee maybe?
>>
Haze Smokestack - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:02:44 EST RgR3bJaw No.4935856 Reply
Pretty recently drastically cut back my consumption (around November IIRC). Went from multiple times daily after work like you to just Fridays and Saturdays (and the occasional other day but that's not common). The main thing that motivated me was that I found my work performance to be noticeably better when I hadn't smoked the day before. It's easy to ignore the weed hangover because it's more subtle than alcohol hangover but it's a real thing. It also coincided with me just trying to be healthier in general. One thing that kept me going was exercising, which I had just started to do. Gives you a nice "high" to look forward to and just is generally great for your physical and mental health. Other than that, just try to keep busy. I was lucky enough to have multiple engagements with friends every week (although right now that's obviously not happening, but we've managed to do online hangouts once or twice a week) and my friends are a mix of potsmokers and nonsmokers who don't judge one way or the other. I do still find it hard to ignore the desire to smoke when putting on a movie/show or playing a game, but at least with games you can tell yourself your performance will probably be better. I will save certain movies/shows/games for the weekend so I can enjoy them stoned without feeling guilty about cheating my schedule. The hardest part will be the first few days where you just want to smoke all the time, but after that it's relatively smooth sailing in my experience.
>>
Mike Hunt - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 10:55:56 EST aPMPqpTH No.4935859 Reply
all day erryday smoker here. It's been a long time since I went an entire day without using weed because I use it to medicate my depression and keep the suicidal thoughts at bay. When I take a T break I am not really able to function. Weed isn't as good this way but it's sure better than sobriety.
>>
Vincent Staraknaknix - Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:12:42 EST dWEW5IG+ No.4935860 Reply
quit or die of covid secondary lung infection

pretty simple yo
>>
Ebenezer Saffingfuck - Sun, 05 Apr 2020 17:56:59 EST oG8ljape No.4936169 Reply
>>4935853

I'm afraid I don't have any advice to offer but I'd like to offer some encouragement nonetheless: I really hope this works out and it sounds like it's a really smart thing to do

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.