Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Are all distillate edibles garbage?

- Sun, 08 May 2022 11:32:38 EST uAJJAMyF No.4954821
File: 1652023958074.jpg -(120322B / 117.50KB, 1536x788) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. Are all distillate edibles garbage?
Hey faggots, I have an important question. Is it just me, or are all distillate edibles useless trash?

Now that the shitty state I'm in "legalized," I've been trying all these "infused" chocolate and gummy products they make with distillate, and they all fucking suck. A light to moderate dose gets me high, yes. But not high like I want to be. I can take more and more until the artificial crap gives me indigestion, and never get that overwhelming euphoria I know from cannabutter.

Is homemade cannabutter or other infused oils/fats really the only way to properly enjoy edibles?
>>
Comma Collon - Sun, 08 May 2022 18:15:32 EST pIiInI1k No.4954829 Reply
>>4954821
Check the fine print of your state laws. Many legal states prevent edibles (as in one individual edible product) from being more than 100mg. Where as when you're making cannabutter at home you can easily go past that mg level for higher potency. Money wise you're better off learning how to cook well with homemade cannabutter
User is currently banned from all boards
>>
Miles Edgeworth - Sun, 08 May 2022 22:38:55 EST +V00WZaM No.4954832 Reply
>>4954821

I get high twice a month and 2.5mg THC/CBD (total, 1 pill) lets me absolutely blitzed.
>>
Jointington Lungtits - Tue, 10 May 2022 21:40:19 EST FCfxKc9t No.4954848 Reply
I know what you mean OP, it's not so much a dosage issue, it's just the feel of the high that feels off. It's... sterile? Like I'm intoxicated, but I'm not high

You can find some stuff not made from distillate but honestly making your own edibles is totally worth it imo, even if it's just something simple. Cheaper, better, and more satisfying
>>
Jack Bingerkudge - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 10:52:30 EST 28ht+PiY No.4955132 Reply
1655045550877.jpg -(385344B / 376.31KB, 797x1200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>4954848 Quick Booze metaphor to explain distillate vs other edible stuff :
Distillate is the THC equivalent of Vodka; can be made cheaply, and all it is supposed to do it get you really high, no more, no less.
Try some RSO if you want to infuse stuff but also get stupid high. The same reason cannabutter or a full spectrum distillate will hit better.
Distillates are pretty much just THC, and too much THC will leave you buzzy as fuck but not really high. The terpenes and other cannabinoids are way more important to your buzz than anyone cares to know in my own state.
If you want super heavy, Indica style edibles, use flower or an extract high in Myrcene.
Limonene is a good terp for daytime consumption and energy, while Pinene is good for memory. Caryophyllene will also activate your ECS in addition to bringing you down a teeny bit.
TL;DR Terpenes and Cannabinoids determine your buzz much more than an "Indica" or "Sativa" label, and distillate is THC cut with synthetic terpenes for taste. Live or Full Spectrum stuff is way better, but is more money upfront
>>
Winthorp Curmudgeon - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 12:03:24 EST qWXN8Z9f No.4955134 Reply
>>4955132
>>4954848
I live in another legal state (recreational been legal here since 2016) and my friend in the industry told me they legally can't sell edibles above like 100mg per food item. I guess it's because too many tourists were buying 1000mg edibles then eating the whole thing with no tolerance and having predictable problems from that. So human stupidity once again negatively effected legislation so they can't sell super potent cookies or candy bars above like 250mg or something. As far as the distillate being a shitter high than full spectrum stuff? I agree 100% both in smoked or edible form. I prefer live resin or even wax over distillate oil. And overall i like flower the most because of the entourage effect. Cannabutter is the best cause you can make it yourself easily and you control how potent it is. Plus lets not forget its WAYY cheaper than the overpriced stuff at the dispensaries. And you can make your super-potent baked goods taste just as delicious if you know what you're doing.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.