Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

420chan is Getting Overhauled - Changelog/Bug Report/Request Thread (Updated July 10)

Now Playing on /wooo/tube -

THE DIRT SHEET THREAD: THE LATEST FROM MELTZER AND MORE - 4TH JULY '19 Ignore Report Reply
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:23:40 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261508
File: 1562257420463.png -(232837B / 227.38KB, 369x343) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 232837
The first few posts are from this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter. For the full newsletter and much more get a subscription at http://www.f4wonline.com/
Dave Meltzer's star ratings will also be posted in this thread should there be any.
Wrestling Observer Live airs Monday to Friday at 3pm EDT / 8pm BST and Sunday at 6pm EDT / 11pm BST in http://taima.tv/r/wooo2
Use this thread to post news as it comes through. Do not use the old thread for anything new, try and move discussion to here instead.
This thread will also contain links to the radio shows if they have been uploaded. Please don't clog up this thread with complaints about the uploads and / or demands for them.
If you want the shows so badly and can't wait patiently for them, get a subscription.

> While to an extent Vince-speak was still on display, the idea was there was more spontaneity, including Corey Graves saying “Holy shit” after the explosions, on the air, at about 8:10 p.m. Unlike angles that may happen and aren’t talked about again, or maybe get talked about once, this angle was constant brought up, by a number of talents, both babyfaces and heels, at the start of their promos. The term “hospital,” as the destination of the two, a formerly banned word in Vince-speak, was used at least twice during the show, although “local medical facility,” the Vince-speak word was also used.

> Vince McMahon and Ed Koskey were the ones running the production meeting, although it was clear the Strowman/Lashley segment, the Mike & Maria Kanellis segment were clearly Heyman ideas, which has been confirmed. Heyman is also known to be a strong advocate of Ricochet, who got his second television main event in a row with Styles, Aleister Black, Lacey Evans and many others, and one of his first moves was to bring in the Street Profits.

> The addition of Heyman and Bischoff comes for a variety of reasons and goes back several weeks. The key reasons were an expected negative reaction from Wall Street in the declining indicators of brand popularity, such as arena attendance, merchandise and WWE Network numbers based on he prior year. Even though WWE is completely idiot proof as far as being a profitable company through late 2024 due to its domestic television deals, the stock price is based on the idea the move of Smackdown to FOX will lead to a boom period where all business indicators will rise to much stronger levels.

> The second is that competition. It’s no secret that WWE audience declines have been terrible with those under the age of 30,and whatever stability the audiences have are because the over-50 audience has stayed more steady. The problem is, the aging audience isn’t being replenished. Once person who is involved with the company noted to us months ago, that in the real world, you never meet anyone who is a fan today that wasn’t a fan in the attitude era. The basic idea is that for two decades, very few new fans are being made, and the business is being carried by the 24 year olds in 1999 who are now 44. And even worse, because the median viewer age, which actually was as low as 23 during the Attitude era, was 54 last year and is probably older than that now given the huge declines over the last year in the younger age group.

> While a lot of people are in denial about AEW, one person in the company noted to us that the most concerning thing are the stats that show that AEW fans are not WWE fans, and the belief is they come from two camps, those who despise WWE and want an alternative, and a new fan base they’ve created through social media and one-on-one marketing through appearances that is a younger audience that doesn’t care enough about WWE to hate it.

> The combination of declining indicators, and no matter what is said publicly, privately Vince McMahon isn’t fooled by fake stats and understands there are problems, Wall Street starting to figure it out, and the competition, most notably the All Out ticket sale demand in Chicago, have led to the moves. Another reason is the acknowledgment that at this stage of the game, and it will get worse in a few months when the XFL goes, Vince McMahon simply can’t carry the workload and oversee everything himself. He’s already given up control in different departments, one of which led to embarrassment this past week.

> In wrestling, the reaction to Heyman on Raw has been mixed, but more positive than negative. There are people who recognize he is a creative genius and a master manipulator who is with the company, and keeps up with the business and understands today’s business as much as anyone. But there are still questions regarding age, when the key hole in the formula is reaching the young audience. His being put in such a power position is a surprise, but if someone outside the family was going to be given such a role, Heyman, whose role on creative has expanded since the start of the year, would probably at this point have been the favorite.

> The lack of communication internally was shown almost immediately, as the promotions department after the announcement of Heyman and Bischoff, sent out advertising for the 7/1 Raw in Dallas and 7/2 Smackdown in San Antonio, built around Heyman and Bischoff as the stars of the respective shows and the big draw is how will they change the shows.

> For one, the idea, for both, was not to be television authority figures. Heyman will remain an on-air character, as the voice of Brock Lesnar. He immediately said his belief is the authority figure role is played out, and has been for some time. While Shane McMahon is in a major program, his role on the show was limited to his program and he didn’t use any authority powers.

> “The role of the General Manager is played out. I don’t want to do it because its been going on for 20 years and whether you’re the hero General Manager, the villain General Manager I don’t know how many people really turn on WWE or any form of sports-entertainment to see how a match is made,” said Heyman in an interview with Kenny McIntosh on Inside the Ropes. “The show has become too much of, `Here’s the story behind the show that you’re watching,’ and I think sometimes, people just want to see the show. I think people just want to understand who the characters are and see the characters pitted against each other in compelling situations or riveting storylines that have nothing to do with the corporate structure that orders the match because the General Manager needs to sign the contract.”
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:25:31 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261509 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> When it comes to Bischoff, nobody knows his ideas, mainly because he’s probably just coming to grips with them. While advertised in an ad that got out because McMahon doesn’t oversee that department (he did get it removed very quickly when alerted to the issue) and those who do weren’t aware these roles weren’t supposed to be new authority figures, Bischoff was never scheduled to come to San Antonio. While there were reports he would be asked because the advertising was out, he was not even in San Antonio.

> Heyman and Bischoff will never have full control, because creative is one division Vince will never give up on. It’s will always be Vince’s company, but both will have enough input to either sink or swim. Part of this deal was also to lock both up, with the idea that both could provide help for AEW. AEW already has its creative team. Tony Khan is a student of the wrestling business, but was a big ECW fan and while wild hardcore ECW-inspired matches are not expected to be part of their television product, they are expected, at least on occasion, to be part of the PPVs. Being a student of the business, I can’t imagine he’d have hired Bischoff, but stranger things have happened.

> The most interesting aspect is that Bischoff was chosen for FOX, which has both major advantages and disadvantages, and those Paul Levesque wasn’t chosen. As far as why, that would be speculation, but FOX being a success is far more important in 2020 than NXT. Unlike Bischoff, Levesque has followed the modern scene, has put together far better shows on a regular basis than Bischoff ever did, knows the modern fans and the modern talent. One person involved with this noted that Bischoff has even less modern product knowledge than feared, but that doesn’t mean he won’t adapt, learn or be successful.

> What Heyman and Bischoff both have is credentials of running companies in the 90s, a period where the perception today is, everything was roses in the business. Because wrestling was so much more popular mainstream at that time, those involved with running the rival companies get looked at through rose-colored glasses. Heyman’s track record was good with Smackdown, but ended in a blow-up, and not so good with the ECW remake which ended in an even more spectacular blow-up, one that left Heyman out of the business he followed since childhood for five years. During that period he studied MMA, put together a deal that fell apart financially to try and buy Strikeforce from Scott Coker, and many times acknowledged he didn’t think he’d ever go back to pro wrestling. The only reason he made it back was because Brock Lesnar returned to WWE and he was part of the deal.

> Bischoff has gone from venture to venture. He sold a few reality shows built around his friends, former teen star Scott Baio and Hulk Hogan, but his shows had short shelf lives. His ventures in the combat sport realm, with K-1, Matrats and TNA were all major failures. His TV syndication company died and he and his wife declared bankruptcy in 2017. His career was resurrected by Conrad Thompson after he got nowhere with a previous podcast, but even though the show was transparent, he didn’t appear to have learned much from his mistakes and seemed more about trying to create a new version of history, ironically, something McMahon also tries to do. Perhaps, at its core, McMahon feels wrestling is a con man business and that WWE has been weakened by not having con men in charge manipulating everyone.

> Still, Wall Street has largely praised the move. We’ve seen three analyst reports who go with the idea Bischoff was a genius who actually beat McMahon at one point, and that with McMahon, Bischoff and Heyman working together, it’s going to greatly strengthen creative.

> Bischoff’s meeting in Stamford for the job was said to have taken place a few days after the 6/10 and 6/11 Northern California tapings. If there was a timetable of when the Bischoff deal was finalized, it looks to be around or before 6/25. We were told that day that Bischoff had just canceled a series of appearances in Canada citing that he had just signed a contract that would prohibit him from doing the shows.

> Many also questioned Bischoff getting the Smackdown position, because it’s actually the key position because it’s very much sink-or-swim. Even if Raw continues its declines, it’ll always be a fairly strong cable property that USA Network, which hasn’t made any hit shows in recent memory, needs to avoid becoming an also-ran network.

> FOX hardly needs wrestling. They believe they will be getting a reliable 52 week a year sports-like show that they can use to cross-promote their other major weekend sports. But the ratings demands for network programming are higher, and Smackdown has been, for the past 15 years, less popular than Raw.

> On the other hand, Bischoff also has far greater advantages to succeed. If there is a steadying of the decline, or even growth, Heyman would be a success. But that would be reversing a multi-year trend.

> But Smackdown should increase greatly and will almost certainly look good in a year in direct viewer comparisons. FOX is in nearly 120 million homes while USA is in 89 million. Also, FOX has a far greater base audience. Just staying the same, Smackdown should improve 34 percent in viewers starting in October just from the increase in homes, not to mention a second jump just based on being on a stronger station. Smackdown got a big bump moving from Syfy to USA a few years back, and this bump should be considerably larger. That will be offset by about 20 percent because of the move to Friday. But if Smackdown should increase greatly, making Bischoff look good. But if it doesn’t and it is a ratings failure, Bischoff could look bad in a way that Heyman can’t. That still doesn’t explain not using Levesque in the most important spot.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:26:20 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261510 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> Bischoff is expected to move next week with his family to Stamford, and his input is expected to start with the 7/16 Smackdown show.

> "I want to let everybody know, the magnitude of this opportunity and the challenge and the commitment that goes along with it is not lost on me,” said Bischoff on his podcast. “There’s been a couple times over the last few days where I’ve been driving around in my truck or taking my dog for a hike and going, `Wow, this may be' -- it’s not maybe, this is the biggest opportunity I’ve ever had in this industry. Granted, when Bill Shaw made me president of WCW, obviously that was a very big moment, but I was learning on the job there. I had nothing to lose there. I was taking a company in WCW that had never turned a dollar of profit, that was such a distant number two to WWF at that time that we weren’t even really number two. A company that was fraught with a bad history and all kinds of internal issues, so I had nothing to lose.”

> "In this situation, this is an entirely different ball game here. This is a very sophisticated company in WWE. There is a great team already in place. They're moving the Smackdown show to FOX, which is going to obviously have a lot of eyeballs on it in every way. So the magnitude of the opportunity is not lost on me. I said this in a tweet, this is probably the only thing I’m really going to say beyond this, and I mean this, almost get a tear in my eye saying it, I’m honored, I’m humbled, and I cannot express, even here, because this is a different kind of excitement for me. I haven’t felt this way, maybe in forever but for at least 20 years. This is a whole different ball game."

> In many ways McMahon is giving Bischoff, and to a smaller extent Heyman, a chance to be what he’s trying to be at an older age. A chance to rewrite the career narrative. Vince’s failure was in football. Bischoff presided over a WCW that went down in shambles with nearly XFL level losses. Heyman presided over ECW, which had losses not nearly the level of the XFL or WCW, but was a company owned by his family, which, while very well off, couldn’t afford multi-million dollar losses.

> As far as other key questions coming off the apparent changes:

> *Neither Bobby Lashley nor Braun Strowman are injured. On television, they are playing it up that Lashley is basically fine and did an interview the next night. In storyline, Strowman suffered a “possible ruptured sternum.” This was all about opening the show with explosions and making younger viewers think wrestling is cool. If Strowman has to be kept out a few weeks for this storyline to play out, so be it.

> *Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows have either agreed to, or actually signed their five-year contracts. Company sources say they are there long-term. But unlike with The Revival where the push with Shane McMahon and the tag belts are an attempt to keep them from going to AEW next year, Anderson & Gallows have reportedly made their decision, and are to be focused on in he new Club group with Styles. This, and the Styles turn, were said to be written out before Heyman was given power.

> *The Street Profits coming up were a Heyman move. A new booker always wants to introduce new talent, and again, Heyman clearly wants new talent that he believes will appeal to younger fans. Ricochet also falls into this category and his beating Styles first week in was a way for him to be elevated past the 50/50 mid-card. They debuted, holding the NXT tag titles. From a technical standpoint, this was Heyman asking for them for television, but they are still considered not on Raw, but as NXT talent and will continue to work NXT house shows while doing TV on Mondays.

> *The Maria Kanellis pregnancy is a shoot. According to those close to the situation, she just found out about it and they immediately put together the angle with Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch that took place. It is true that when Mike & Maria just recently signed new five-year deals, the office wasn’t aware of the pregnancy, but they didn’t know until after signing the deal either.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:27:37 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261511 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> AEW’s second show, Fyter Fest on 6/29 in Daytona Beach, FL, may have given some answers to questions going forward.

> The show got a generally favorable reaction, but nothing compared to All In or Double or Nothing. Most of the negativity concerned two bad preshow matches, but there were also a lot of questions regarding a hard chair shot to the head given by Shawn Spears to Cody to set up their 8/31 All Out match in Chicago, and left Cody bleeding badly from the back of his head and needing multiple staples (one report had the number at 12) to close the wound. The Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela unsanctioned lights out match was also polarizing, as it was a match more about extreme shocking spots and how much punishment Janela would willingly allow to be inflicted on him or he’d inflict on himself. From a old school mentality, that match, which was great for what it was, felt more like the kind of a match that would be the blow-off of a long feud, and a great one at that. Instead, it was their first meeting.

> Cody has described the idea of AEW as like a smorgasbord, basically the Eddie Graham philosophy of delivering a show with multiple styles and types of matches in trying to appeal to the most people. Cody, having never known Eddie Graham, who died before he was born, attributed that to Eric Bischoff, who probably heard it from Kevin Sullivan, who learned wrestling from Graham.

> Of course that was in an era where fans, for the most part, only saw one promotion. Today, the world is filled with promotions, and much of their appeal is a certain niche. New Japan is intense athletic competition on top with some comedy underneath. WWE is WWE, it’s hard to explain but it’s it’s own world of rules with the idea that they know best because they have the largest audience, although the largest audience comes from having the most exposure and not as much as affirmation that their style is the most appealing. CMLL is about old-school pro wrestling from a previous generation, mixed with new school creative high spots. AAA is from another era, a combination of modern moves, mixed with older legends to draw, lots of ECW style violence to the nth degree and intergender action and heel refs. Big Japan is a mix of death match style and strong style. Impact still feels like WWE lite and ROH feels like something that once was about match quality and now is trying to figure out what it is.

> In theory, this AEW show, a show aimed at the gaming audience in Daytona Beach that came for the CEO convention, was not its typical product, but was mostly its typical product. There was a comedy hardcore match with Alex Jebailey, the CEO or CEO, and local promoter who is good friend with Kenny Omega, against Michael Nakazawa. It was a heavy comedy match. Most of the response to the match was negative and it had its amateurish moments. Jebailey trained extensively in how to throw chair shots, and then found out that, to protect the Cody spot later in the show, they didn’t want him relying on that. For a non-wrestler he looked good, aside from his forearms.

> But “All Elite” Wrestling connotates a higher athletic and solid form of wrestling, so a comedy match like this that a WWE television show could get away with, stuck out badly here. The announcers actually used the word nepotism for the reason for the match before it happened, and Tony Khan said you may see a match like this once a year. It also should be noted we got a ton of feedback, and a surprising amount, certainly nowhere close to a majority but more than you’d think, were from people who watched with girlfriends and non-fans in a big gathering. In those cases, the general feeling was this match was the one that brought the non-fans into actually watching the show, and they stayed for the rest and ended up loving it.

> The other bad match, Allie vs. Leva Bates, came off the Bates and Peter Avalon dueling librarian angle. The angle always works at the house show. It did big in Las Vegas and did here, where the crowd is into BTE and the campy aspect. It never looks good to a television audience or to non-BTE insiders. Bt it was also a bad match in a company that has tried to make one of its key strengths as the quality of the matches.

> As for the chair shot, essentially the idea was this. They gimmicked he chair, with the idea of sawing down the seat to where it was like a cookie sheet, a gimmick that makes a lot of noise but doesn’t hurt at all. The idea was that Spears would hit Cody over the head with the seat of the chair, the gimmicked seat would dent, make a lot of noise and it would be sold huge by the announcers to start the feud. Instead, Spears swung the chair like a baseball bat and somehow part of the chair cracked the other side of Cody’s head and busted him open. He was fine, but the announcers selling it big, including the mention of CTE, led to fans being shocked. A year ago Cody’s blood in this situation would have been called “fortunate juice,” the term used in WWE for unplanned blood in a physical angle. But a lot of people were outraged because chair shots to the head are, for good reason due to concussion issues, considered a part of the U.S. business that is no longer done.

> This irony is that people get hurt every week in wrestling and have to be out of action for months, but we’ve had outrages from fans on four people, Tetsuya Naito, Kota Ibushi, Aerostar and now Cody about risks, and Aerostar was back quickly while the other three won’t miss even one booking. But they were all very valid warning signals.

> The numbers for the show also give some interesting indications. The show drew 4,200 paid and about 5,000 in the building. The numbers are great for a company with no television, and above what house shows in markets that size are doing even by WWE. But the tie-in to CEO really wasn’t that big of a deal as the idea was to get a big walk-up of gamers from the convention and build a show for them and not the traditional wrestling product they may do at future shows. But the walk-up really wasn’t that significant. It was more the BTE fan base.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:29:34 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261512 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> But drawing 4,200 fans in a secondary market for a show heavily promoted on the Internet may be a guide for what type of drawing power the group will have when it’s not the big traveling show like they’ve done in Las Vegas and twice in Chicago with the immediate sellouts and ridiculous ticket demand. If anything, it will become harder to draw running weekly, and on Wednesday nights instead of Saturdays. With WWE’s TV tapings having mixed results and all the advantages they have in visibility, the idea AEW would be able to run NBA arenas seems very optimistic. But the idea is still for television to expand the viewing base. It worked greatly for UFC. It’s obviously been the key for WWE. It worked to an extent for TNA, but they never were able to draw for big weekly shows or PPVs even during a period when they had 1.5 million viewers, as their biggest U.S. crowd in history was 6,700.

> But early on, this number and the Jacksonville number on 7/13 (which is expected to come close to selling out a 5,180-seat set up) for big pushed shows are probably better than they can expect for a weekly Wednesday night show at first. But the question is, and has always been, how much does weekly television exposure expand the fan base, increase the ticket buyer and PPV buyers above the limitations of a pure social media promotion. But a lot of AEW’s success is also based on a fan base that hates WWE, and if WWE is able to turn things around product-wise, AEW will have trouble being the cool alternative if the main product is cool. They need an uncool WWE product to really become competitive.

> The show was considered a success on BR Live. The three-and-a-half hour broadcast averaged 140,000 viewers if you were to figure it like a television show. There were a total of 350,000 different viewers during the course of the live show and those numbers likely increased significantly with replay viewing. This is still very knew so establishing what this means is difficult. The 350,000 doesn’t correlate with YouTube numbers, since every view, including multiple by the same people, or just views inflated when YouTube sends you to a new video, isn’t the case here. We do know that AEW and BR Live had first talked about the idea of signing up more than 100,000 new subscribers to the channel, although after more input the feeling was that number would be higher. Not all 350,000 were new sign-ups, because there were 35,000 who signed up previously buying Double or Nothing on PPV. In addition, some of the 350,000, although likely not a high percentage, were already BR Live subscribers.

> For a comparison, ESPN+ credited its first UFC broadcast in January, a show headlined by Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw, with 568,000 new sign-ups over two days. That number was considered a shocking success. ESPN+ was also a pay service, although sign-ups for that fight were free. If a new company with no television could do 300,000, or anything close to that level, it would have to be considered a big success. We don’t know how this show did compared to other BR Live programming.

> If that show did 568,000 subscribers, and that show was on television, one would expect a match like that on that night to do about 1.5 million viewers, perhaps more. But that doesn’t mean because they could nearly triple that AEW would be expected to get 1 million viewers from the get go on television because there are too many unknown variables. We do AEW has a small but ridiculously fervent audience, as noted by ticket on sales and merchandise sales, but this show, even with all the social media push, did not crack the top 20 searches for that night, which UFC did for both its show and for Francis Ngannou. Still, nobody expects AEW to be as mainstream right now as UFC is.

> There are no direct comparisons that really fit with pro wrestling. A show like WrestleMania or Royal Rumble legitimately get in excess of 1 million viewers the day of the show, but that’s also a worldwide number and not a U.S. number, which would be roughly triple what this show did. But WWE Network, also available free to new subscribers, is a subscription service so it’s not a fair comparison.

> WWE also did its live Facebook plus mixed match challenge shows. As far as a live average viewership, those shows would range from 35,000 to 70,000 depending on the week of the course of the 20 minute show. Facebook Watch isn’t a sign up service, so it should do more than a sign-up service, and the 35,000 to 70,000 figure would be compared to the 140,000 figure and not the 350,000. WWE also had the advantage that it put its show on directly after Smackdown, and would direct viewers do it during both Raw and Smackdown. And a 20 minute or 30 minute time commitment is much easier than three-and-a-half hours. Still, Mixed Match Challenge was just added unnecessary WWE programming as opposed to a pushed major show. But even so, WWE also has tremendous visibility advantages and putting on a live event right after a live television show on a more convenient platform and doing one-quarter to one-half of what AEW did is clearly a success.

> Outside North America, the show was broadcast on Fite TV, and did about 14,000 iPPV buys. That’s a very good number. Nobody expected Double or Nothing level of buys. Double or Nothing did 20,000 outside the U.S. but DON aired on ITV Box Office while Fyter Fest did not. The U.K. iPPV buys were up, but that’s also because you had the DON television buyers that, if they wanted to see this show, had to do so through Fite.

> Another lesson of this show as far as streaming went is that on B/R Live, DON, as a PPV, saw almost everyone watch from start-to-finish, since people were paying for it. For this show, as the difference between 140,000 and 350,000 shows, a lot of people tuned in and out. When you make something free, it gives it a value, and people could watch some, watch UFC, go to the movies, or whatever and come back later. Or some could watch for a while, stop and come back the next day or later, or watch, be turned off, and give up on the show without the idea they paid for it and thus should watch it until the finish.

> A lot more will be learned in two weeks with Fight for the Fallen. The iPPV price will slightly higher since that will be part of the charitable contribution. In the U.S., it’ll be live on BR. At press time, five matches have been announced, headlined by Cody & Dustin Rhodes vs. The Young Bucks, plus Kenny Omega vs. Cima, Hangman Page vs. Kip Sabian, Jimmy Havoc & Joey Janela & Darby Allin vs. MJF & Shawn Spears & Sammy Guevara, and Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie. There is a storyline with MJF and Spears on the same team, as MJF, even though a heel, is friends with Cody and helped him to the back and they showed Spears and MJF having words backstage after Spears had laid out Cody with the chair shot.

> Brandi Rhodes, on the Road to Fight for the Fallen on 7/3, gave an unbelievable emotional interview tying this match to her disappointments in herself during her figure skating career as a teenager.
>>
Mike Tenay - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:30:05 EST yWWcO2x6 No.6261513 Ignore Report Reply
1562257805729.jpg -(11266B / 11.00KB, 151x200) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6261508
GET IN BOYZ
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:34:12 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261514 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> Ring of Honor’s Best in the World show on 6/28 from the UMBC Arena in Baltimore was far from a good night for the promotion. The show got the weakest reaction for any ROH show in recent memory, as the company has fallen badly from its spot as the No. 2 group in the U.S. that it had last year.

> Interest levels are down. The current programs and new champion Matt Taven hasn’t gotten a lot of attention. The PPV show appeared t have run long, leaving Taven vs. Jeff Cobb in the main event for the title to go just 9:45 and Cobb’s unbeaten streak ended cleanly with Taven’s climax. The feeling seems to be that Taven had to win, since Cobb is going into G-1 for the next month, and will likely lose several matches in his first tournament and the old-school feeling that it doesn’t look good for your world champion to lose repeatedly outside the promotion.

> But it’s been a tough creative period for the company after losing so much key talent, both in the ring and office. The ROH portion from Madison Square Garden was not well received, and there has been no follow-up from the Enzo & Cass angle, and the tag team champions, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa, weren’t even on this show since they were in Australia for New Japan.

> The show drew 1,200 fans, which is better than ROH has been doing and a lot stronger than the advances going forward are. But in a 5,000 seat arena, there were visible empty seats everywhere. The early PPV numbers don’t look strong, as the previous show, the 17th anniversary show in March, did an estimated 2,800 television buys. The recent NWA/ROH Crockett Cup show did 2,600. This show was down to an estimated 1,200 based on early reports. Now, most ROH viewership will be on Honor Club and not traditional PPV, but it’s still a gigantic drop.

> The Madison Square Garden show, obviously a tons bigger show, did an estimated 5,300 and that was available also on both Honor Club and New Japan World. Of those roughly 1,200, roughly 57 purchased PPV of Stomping Grounds and 265 purchased the Double or Nothing show. That’s not saying the crossover was greater with AEW, because you have to factor in WWE Network, but if you’re a WWE Network subscriber, you’re probably savvy enough to also purchase Honor Club and not rely on television PPV for anyone at this point except AEW, which doesn’t have a better bargain price streaming. Really the key to this is that there are still (with duplicates figured in) 74 percent of the people who bought this show who are still television PPV buyers that didn’t buy the most recent WWE or AEW show, so it’s still its own very much dwindling audience.

> None of the angles are hitting. ROH’s problem is that it was built as a high level match quality promotion as its calling card, and now, with the top workers that didn’t fit the WWE mold now having options like NXT and AEW and Sinclair going with the idea they weren’t going to try to be big, even after the growth of last year, they simply don’t have the talent to be what they were. And from production and storyline they’ll never be able to compete, so their calling card has to be great shows. The attempt to expand reach, whether using the former Beautiful People is what the base audience wouldn’t want, and thus far, this has not expanded the audience with the idea hot girls will bring in more guys or whatever the rationale is. Really, the entire women’s division in ROH is problematic. It feels like they have it because they would get criticized for not having it. But they don’t have the talent for the most part in it to compete with those divisions in other companies or be able to wrestle at the level of the other matches on the show. So it’s a negative on the shows. Whatever the WWE or AEW audience is, ROH shows are all about having top quality matches. And when, like with this show, you lack in the match quality and fan response, you can’t make up with it in entertainment value or heat or whatever.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:34:49 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261515 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> With the WWE’s new deal with BT Sports in the U.K. ending a relationship with Sky TV that dates back to 1984, there has been a legitimate paradigm shift in what has been the WWE’s No. 2 market for decades.

> Between the high price and declining ratings, as U.K. numbers have fallen much faster than those in the U.S., it was not a surprise Sky didn’t go hard after a new package when its deal expires at the end of December. Problems between the two sides were obvious, and have to be blamed on WWE, since the last deal was signed with part of the provisions of Sky getting to put every PPV on Sky Box Office. In the past, the deal was that Sky would broadcast a number of PPV shows to its regular subscribers and put some on Sky Box Office. The ink on the deal was barely dry when WWE, with no advanced warning, announced the WWE Network, which greatly lowered the value of that Sky Box Office deal.

> It led to issues which delayed the launch of the network in the U.K., and to this point, has kept Main Event from airing right away worldwide on the network since Sky had exclusive rights and the network is one feed as opposed to different feeds for different markets. Another key is that Sky decided against carrying the NXT U.K. show which was produced with the idea of being on television in the U.K. and not as a WWE Network property. It only became a WWE Network property be default, when they couldn’t get a television deal for it.

> Even as late as 2017, it was rare that an episode of Raw fell under 100,000 viewers on Sky. Of late 50,000 was a great number and there have been many episodes that have done under 25,000, with 18,000 as the bottoming out mark. Smackdown usually does less than Raw. One of the key issues is that in going live, Raw is from 1-4 a.m. late Monday and Smackdown is 1-3 a.m. When the shows got bad, the combination of the bad shows and the bad time slot made people give the show up.

> The other big news is the expected deal between AEW and ITV4. While not announced yet, because it can’t be finalized until TNT finalizes the time slot for the show. Wednesday 8-10 p.m. Eastern starting 10/2 is the current plan but that still could change, but at this point I’d say the odds that’s the slot are extremely strong. which would be 1-3 a.m. in the U.K.

> ITV 4 would be available in most of the U.K.’s 18 million television households. It’s not a powerhouse like ITV, and AEW’s first show, the one-hour Buy In pre-show for Double or Nothing, did 74,000 viewers as a one-off with little promotion, a number WWE shows rarely come close to. And going forward, they probably never will unless they can get a more widely distributed outlet. Sky was in about 8.6 million homes, while BT is in about 2.4 million homes based on figures at the end of May. BT is also home of the UFC.

> No financial numbers were announced, but it is possible at the WWE’s next conference call in a few weeks that hints will be delivered. What is key is that BT is picking up far less product than Sky, which broadcasted a number of shows besides Raw and Smackdown, including the highlights package shows, and they were repeated often. The BT deal, which covers the U.K. and Ireland, is for live Raw and Smackdown, a prime time replay of Raw on Tuesday nights and of Smackdown on Saturday nights, and also airing filler programming of Raw in both a one-hour and two-hour edited version and Smackdown in a one-hour edited version in various time slots during the week. BT will also air the PPV events as PPV shows, but with them already appearing live on the WWE Network, the value of that aspect of the deal is minimal.

> WWE’s popularity has fallen significantly, most notably in the last two U.K. tours where most of the arenas for live shows drew well under what they had been doing historically. Whether the lesser number of homes the show is in, and the viewership numbers that in theory would be cut drastically, lead to more of a decline isn’t known. Unlike in the U.S., where big live business is related to live big numbers of television viewers (it’s not as big a correlation as you would think, but there is some correlation), in the U.K., with far less viewership, it has remained the company’s No. 2 market and the major arenas until recently did sellout or near sellout business for the two annual tours.

> Impact, which had larger television viewing numbers for years, was never able to draw at anywhere near the level WWE did even with that advantage. Similarly, even though, if the ITV4 deal goes through, that AEW’s television numbers will be multiple that of WWE, that by no means makes them the No. 1 promotion in the market. WWE is still the market leader and has 30 years of live history.

> However, that television difference does put AEW in a strong position to pick up an audience that WWE will lose by going to the smaller platform and at least narrow a gap.

> Because of this, WWE is attempting to get other programming on a free-to-air station. Because of what BT has is an exclusive on the key shows, WWE is attempting to sell one of the highlights packages shows for a January start. While those shows traditionally don’t draw big numbers, it at least would put their stars in front of a larger number of fans and wouldn’t leave AEW and Impact as the only television wrestling shows available in 86 percent of the U.K. households.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:38:05 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261516 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> Yoshiaki Yatsu, a former Olympic wrestler who was one of the best pro wrestlers bell-to-bell during the mid-80s, had his right leg amputated on 6/25. Yatsu, 62 had just done two matches in recent months with DDT, the most recent on 6/2 in Ehime. He had unofficially retired in 2003, officially retired in 2010, but came back and did a few matches last year and two matches this year. His right leg was amputated from the knee down due to a virus and complications from diabetes. Because of Yatsu’s name value as a star with both All Japan and New Japan Pro Wrestling, and his status as a two-time, and nearly a three-time Olympian, his leg being amputated was major national news in Japan.

> Yatsu’s pro wrestling career highlights were probably his tag teams with Riki Choshu and later Jumbo Tsuruta in All Japan from 1985 to 1989. Yatsu and Tsuruta were called “The Olympics,” as a team since both had participated in the Olympic games, Tsuruta in 1972 and Yatsu in 1976. The pair held the All Japan version of the world tag team championship six times in 1988 and 1989, the latter year being named Tag Team of the Year in Japan. They also won the 1987 All Japan December World Tag League tournament at the time when it was one of the biggest events of the year in pro wrestling.

> In the 1985 tournament, he and Choshu tied for second place behind winners Stan Hansen & Ted DiBiase, being equal in points to rivals Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu, Harley Race & Jesse Barr and Dory Funk Jr. & Giant Baba. They finished ahead of noteworthy teams including the British Bulldogs and Nick Bockwinkel & Curt Hennig. They tied for third the next year behind Tsuruta & Tenryu, who won, and Hansen & DiBiase. They won the 1987 tournament, beating Bruiser Brody & Jimmy Snuka in the finals. They took second to Hansen & Terry Gordy in 1988 and second to Hansen & Tenryu in 1989. In 1990, Yatsu followed Tenryu to Super World Sports and was part of that company’s tag team champions with Haku.

> Yatsu was only 19 years old when he won the Olympic trials in 1976 for the Japanese team as a freestyle wrestler a 198 pounds. He didn’t place in the Olympics, but did win the Asian games in 1978 and 1979, and also placed in the World Cup. In 1979, he won the national championship in the super heavyweight division, but cut to 220 for the Olympics and won the Olympic trials. However, Japan, like the U.S., boycotted the 1980 Olympics. Yatsu made the decision that rather than wait until 1984, he would take a lucrative offer from New Japan Pro Wrestling. New Japan signing Yatsu got the company a lot of mainstream media publicity. From the start, they were grooming him to be a top star.

> The big promotional idea was for him to debut on TV-Asahi, the network weekly broadcast of the show, in Madison Square Garden on the WWF show on December 29, 1980, where he defeated Jose Estrada. While it was pushed and advertised as his first pro match, he actually had done a handful of matches beforehand in smaller WWF arenas. His actual first match was December 16, 1980, at the Allentown Agricultural Hall, where he beat Estrada. He worked in WWF until June 24, 1981, when he made his Japan debut in a main event, teaming Antonio Inoki, to lose via DQ to Stan Hansen & Abdullah the Butcher, so he was in the ring with three of the most well-known pro wrestlers in Japan.

> He wrestled a number of U.S. territories over the next few years, including winning the TV title at Tola Yatsu, when he gave King Kong Bundy a powerslam to win it. He went back to New Japan full-time in 1984, and then was part of Choshu’s Army in the big jump at the end of the year to All Japan. Choshu & Yatsu had teamed in New Japan, but at the time, the team of Choshu & Animal Hamaguchi were considered one of the best tag teams in the world. Baba made the call, because he always favored bigger and thicker guys in top roles, to put Yatsu in Hamaguchi’s spot as Choshu’s main partner. Choshu & Yatsu had some incredible matches against all the top teams of the time, most notably Tsuruta & Tenryu.

> During this period, Yatsu was often considered a top-five worker in the world. In 1986, with Baba’s blessing, he left pro wrestling to concentrate on amateur wrestling, and won the Japanese national championship as a super heavyweight. The plan was to compete in the 1988 Olympics, with the idea that he was too young to medal in 1976, and he didn’t have a chance because of the boycott in 1980. However, just before the 1987 Asian games, where he was favored to win, the International Olympic Committee ruled that he was a professional athlete. That was when the Olympics and wrestling only permitted amateurs. It was a ridiculous ruling and in 1991, the IOC changed the ruling and allowed pro wrestlers to compete in the sport of wrestling. But it was too late for Yatsu by that time, as injuries had slowed him down.

> Yatsu was a major star with his team with Tsuruta for the next few years, but he was heavier and not a good as he had been from 1984-86. He was light and agile in his working prime, but felt he had to get rid because he wanted to compete as a super heavyweight in amateur wrestling. When he wasn’t allowed, he never cut back down to his peak pro wrestling weight. Still, he and Tsuruta were among the top tag teams in the world. He became just another guy in the business in 1990 when he jumped with Tenryu to form Super World Sports, which is where All Japan started the era built around Mitsuharu Misawa, Kenta Kobashi, Akira Taue and Toshiaki Kawada, after liver issues took Tsuruta down from being able to wrestle seriously.

> After SWS folded, Yatsu formed his own independent company, the Social Pro Wrestling Federation. He came back a few years later to wrestle with New Japan, including being part of the 1994 G-1 Climax tournament. He wrestled less and less over the next few years and got into regular business, being the President of a transportation company. In 2000, at the age of 44, Pride gave him a huge money offer to do MMA, and he had a famous Halloween night match with Gary Goodridge.

> The match was absolutely criminal. Yatsu was older and his wrestling was rusty, and older wrestlers usually don’t do well in MMA. Goodridge was a major star of that era. Yatsu had the ability, with his large head, to take a ridiculous amount of punishment. It was a horrible sight to watch the once major pro wrestling and amateur star being unable to take Goodridge down, and with no striking defense, took super hard punches to the head from one of the harder hitter of the era. He did get one takedown and went for a pro wrestling submission move that didn’t work. The match itself got a super reaction, and was considered by many in Japan as one of the best fights of the Pride era. Yatsu was viewed very positively for his heart and ability to take punishment, but it was far beyond a level of punishment anyone would be allowed to take today.

> But it got over so big that when he was at least somewhat recovered after a long hospitalization, on September 24, 2001, he did a rematch with Goodridge. He was less competitive and this time his corner threw in the towel at the 3:03 mark as a similar beating was about to happen. He wrestled until 2003, at which point he went into the transportation business and was successful. He did a November 30, 2010, retirement match, but came back eight years later to work some shows for Tatsumi Fujinami’s Dradition, with Choshu, at this point in his early 60s.
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:43:03 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261517 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> AAA is now looking for help from AEW for the Madison Square Garden show. AEW seems willing to send them top guys for major shows, such as TripleMania, but their attitude seems to be to not want their own guys working in the U.S., at least in a place like Madison Square Garden, for somebody else’s show

> AAA has a 7/6 show from Zapopan, just outside Guadalajara, on Twitch. The show was originally set for Auditorio Benito Juarez, which holds about 12,000 (it’s set up almost exactly like the old Sam Houston Coliseum that Paul Boesch used as his home base). But on 7/2 there were banners up at the building stating the show was canceled due to no fault of the building. Several hours later, the local promoter on Facebook said that the show was happening but it would be at a much smaller building, PALCCO. This was AAA’s first show in Guadalajara since the 2015 Rey de Reyes disaster where the date was changed at the last minute, there was a bad bus accident involving AAA personnel that week and the show, even with Rey Mysterio Jr., drew poorly.

> DDT was featured on the Viceland TV show “The Wrestlers,” which covers different wrestling from around the world. It looked to have been filmed around August 2017, with lots of the focus on Danshoku Dino but also talked with Sanshiro Takagi and Konosuke Takeshita. Takagi, who runs the company, talked about his philosophy of booking and how he makes DDT different from other promotions

> Pro Wrestling Illustrated will be coming out shortly with its 40th anniversary issue. That’s kind of amazing these days for a newsstand magazine to have survived 40 years when many of the biggest magazines in history have had to throw in the towel

> Regarding last week’s note on El Hijo del Vikingo being in demand by almost everyone, Court Bauer said that while they’d love to have him, they aren’t pursuing him nor are they looking at using people under contract to AAA (Dr. Wagner Jr. doesn’t fall into this category) because there are too many issues involved with AAA having direct relationships with both Impact and AEW and the idea that anyone they would use that has an AAA deal, if they get over strong, would likely end up in AEW

> Davey Boy Smith Jr., who is under contract here, has had offers from both All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH since leaving New Japan. There has been AEW talk with him as Jim Ross has always been high on him. They have used guys like Jimmy Havoc and MJF who have MLW deals, but everyone expects when these deals are up that they would be gone. I don’t think once AEW has television they’ll want to use guys under MLW contract, but I also think they’ll make whatever exception they have to for MJF. For MLW, having a guy on AEW shows that they are pushing is a positive, to a point. If Smith is going to be in the MLW title picture, which is the case, he shouldn’t work AEW as just a guy, and that’s tough. Obviously with MJF it’s not an issue

> Tony Schiavone and Rich Bocchini will be the announcing pair starting in August. This week is Jim Cornette’s last committed date.

> Joe Hendry is being talked about to come in to ROH

> Final Battle is scheduled to be 12/13 in Baltimore, and not in New York at the Hammerstein Ballroom, as has been tradition

> There are rumors flying everywhere of Impact to AXS. Impact officials have been talking about a television upgrade to a better station for months and that it would happen later this year. Impact has been basically dead, even with putting on generally good shows, because the Pursuit Channel at 10 p.m. was doing around 10,000 viewers and Twitch was doing around that number or less each week. We first heard of talks in that direction months ago but nothing as to how the talks were doing,. Voices of Wrestling has a report but said that the deal wasn’t done. The report was that there are things holding up the deal which is not official at the moment. Neither AXS nor Impact have commented on it past one AXS official telling us “we don’t comment on rumors.” You can read that as not a denial of talks.

> AXS would be an upgrade in the sense they promote their wrestling shows better, are a much stronger station and are in 54 million homes. If the deal happens, the question becomes will they replace WOW with Impact, which is an upgrade, and move it to Saturday as the lead-in for New Japan and go with a four-hour block, or will they put it on Friday from 8-10 p.m. as the lead-in for their MMA fights, or even replace other existing programming. It’s definitely a step up for Impact which, with its obvious flaws with some angles, has been, like MLW, one of the real underrated television shows this year that most people don’t’ get a chance to see

> One of the company’s signature PPV events, Slammiversary, takes place on 7/7 at Gilley’s in Dallas. We’re told the place is to small with a television set up that you can only get a few hundred in so it’ll be packed. Obviously they picked the site hoping to draw from the fly-in fan base coming for the New Japan show, but they will also be running the same city with a Raw on Monday and NJPW on Saturday. Usually Slammiversary is where they announce a new Hall of Fame member but we’ve heard no talk in that direction.

> Updated PPV estimates as of this week including late buys have Double or Nothing estimated at 38,000 television PPV buys in the U.S. so worldwide numbers will probably fall around 108,000 overall as a now conservative estimate as that wouldn’t include any replay buys on Fite, B/R Live or ITV Box Office, so logically the number is probably a little over this figure

> Regarding the situation with Impact and Brian Cage from Double or Nothing, my feeling is that Impact would have had no problem with Brian Cage being on the AEW Double or Nothing show. But not as their world champion being in a Battle Royal for a title shot and just being one of the guys, with is title not mentioned. If you’re Impact, that’s not having your champion positioned strongly enough and it would have made no sense to allow it. I think we’ve seen with Jon Moxley that New Japan is not going to be mentioned on AEW broadcasts, nor their U.S. title, and MLW and Impact are also not going to be mentioned. The only company they seem to mention is AAA. It was also notable that even though they were against each other in Fyter Fest and it can play into storytelling, that the Pentagon Jr. & Fenix AAA tag title win over The Young Bucks was never mentioned, and that title was a focal point of the first PPV. My feeling is that they should embrace the world of wrestling and not be isolationist. Granted, the New Japan thing is different because clearly they wanted to do business with New Japan and it didn’t happen and that leaves some open sores.

> It’s notable that Moxley’s finisher now has two different names, Death Rider on AXS New Japan shows and Paradigm shift on AEW television. There was no mention of his U.S. title win or G-1, which you’d do as a real sport but not in WWE mentality. For example, Bill Watts when he’d bring in talent from World Class or Georgia, he’d bring up their stories and angles. It was never the focus of his own television show, but he knew his fans saw it and didn’t want to insult them by pretending it didn’t happen, and more, he used those guys to help draw so it made sense. With the world being what it is, with social media and given AEW has stars largely created by social media, to do a presentation like it’s 1986 WWF felt awkward

> Tony Khan said he’s not looking at doing intergender wrestling in AEW

> Private Party signed full-time deals
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:46:20 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261518 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> The 11/11 scheduled Raw taping in Glasgow, Scotland has been changed from a house show. This has to do with the cancellations of shows last week having to do with a change in the Saudi Arabia date. We don’t know the new date, but they will be taping Raw and doing Smackdown live on the 11/8 show in Manchester

> Mahal suffered a ruptured patella tendon in a 6/15 match with Ali and underwent surgery in Birmingham on 6/28. No word at press time on the nature of the surgery or how long he’ll be out of action. As a general rule, and the timing may be different, but that is usually major surgery and time off is six months, but people have come back from that injury in less time

> Stomping Grounds adding late buys over the next ten days would be about 11,000 U.S. television PPV buys

> Adam Pearce is currently the guy in charge of 205 Live

> Ziggler appeared on the Sunday Night’s Main Event radio show and claimed he and Kingston’s title feud was scheduled for three months before it happened. It may have been he was going to get the spot after the Kingston vs. Bryan program ended. Owens was supposed to go heel as he was brought back to be the everyman babyface, but then went heel because Bryan got hurt and they had nobody for Kingston. Owens then couldn’t continue with his program that had been advertised post Saudi because of not going on the Saudi show. Ziggler said he’s back full-time as a wrestler now, and not just in for a short stint

> A correction from last week. WWE didn’t approve the David Starr stomping on Walter’s NXT U.K. title belt. Nobody knew ahead of time. Walter and Starr made the call to shock people live knowing it would get over huge. As you can imagine, the reaction from WWE was not positive. Many wrestlers thought it was disrespectful and the higher-ups weren’t happy either

> The 8/5 Raw show in Pittsburgh must have gotten off to a disappointing advance since they were advertising two-for-one tickets this week

> Newcomer Freak Beast Nick Comoroto has changed his name to Nick Ogrelli, a play of Ogre, from “Revenge of the Nerds” it sounds like

> This is not a definite nor anything anyone has told me, but it would make sense for Austin to appear on a show over the next few weeks to promote the kickoff of his new USA Network show. An advertised return of Austin in theory would move the ratings for a week. USA is already pushing the show hard in commercials on Raw and Smackdown

> WWE is now doing WWE Ringsider VIP packages for the first five rows in front of the camera at TV taping. It’s funny because with the way WWE talent is taught to play to the hard camera, the best seats would be on the other side because that’s the direction they are playing, but the seats offered are the ones where you’ll be shown on television and those are the seats most sought after. They are jacking up prices, giving away a chair, a superstar matted autographed photo, merchandise and a draw string bag

> Charles “Lil Natich” Robinson, the referee, had $55,000 of possessions stolen out of his storage unit in Charlotte. Robinson,. 54, had a lot of wrestling and Hollywood memorabilia he had been saving for decades. He went to his unit on 5/28 and found that it had been broken into and everything was gone. He’s filed a report. He had a $2,400 Jaws statue stolen, which then popped up on Ebay but the seller pulled it down before anyone could find out its identity

> Andrade was back in action this week. He had missed time as his mother and then his aunt both passed away within days of each other

> Last week, all the Orlando developmental talent that was assigned by Mike Quakenbush’s classes were reassigned by Brian James’ classes. James is teaching character developmental in his new full-time role with the company. James talked about it on the combine special, noting he wasn’t really much as a wrestler and was nowhere near the caliber of athlete that they have in the system, but he got by on verbal skills and getting a few trademark spots in matches over and that’s what he wanted to teach the new talent

> Norman Smiley, a coach at the Performance Center, is out of action due to surgery

> For whatever this is worth, this is the advertised show for a late August Smackdown South American tour including Lima, Peru and Bogata, Colombia–Kingston vs. Joe for WWE title, Reigns vs. McIntyre street fight, Mysterio vs. Orton, Balor vs Nakamura for the IC title, Bayley vs,. Flair vs. Bliss for the Smackdown women’s title (notable Bliss on the Smackdown brand when he’s listed on the Raw brand, not that it matters), Bryan & Rowan vs. Heavy Machinery for the tag titles, Ali vs. Ziggler, Sane & Asuka vs. Rose & Deville, R-Truth vs. Maverick for the 24/7 title and Andrade vs. Crews

> Not sure if there’s any significance to this, but in the Newark market for Raw on 7/8, the main event advertised (and this means little since they rarely do the advertised main but they announce a match they think will sell tickets) is Rollins vs. Zayn for the title. Given Zayn’s positioning on television as more of a mid-level comedy guy, that’s a weird thing to push

> The stock closed on 7/3 at $74.94 per share, leaving the company with a $5.919 billion market value. The increase was a combination of the market itself increasing and also the favorable analysis pieces regarding the hiring and Bischoff and Heyman

> The top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network for the past week were: 1. Stomping Grounds; 2. NXT from 6/26; 3. WWE 365 Alexa Bliss; 4. NXT U.K. from 6/26; 5. Ride Along with Sheamus Cesaro, Carmella and R-Truth; 6. Super Showdown; 7. NXT U.K. from 6/19; 8. Shane & Angle’s Brutal Battle (a look at their match); 9. Stomping Grounds preshow; 10. 205 Live from 6/25. It’s notable that even a week old U.K. show finished ahead of 205 Live. It did beat the 1986 Crockett Cup, which was released last week and finished in the 13th spot
>>
Britani Knight - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:49:34 EST O7tLvAlN No.6261519 Ignore Report Reply
(Bischoff) and his wife declared for bankrputcy in 2017.

HOW? They had so much Turner money saved up, right?
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:55:08 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261522 Ignore Report Reply
1562259308463.jpg -(9055B / 8.84KB, 300x168) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6261508
AEW FYTER FEST STAR RATINGS:
> Trent Baretta & Chuckie T won a three-way over Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky and Isaiah Kassidy & Marq Quen in 15:56. ***3/4
> Allie pinned Leva Bates in 8:52. 1/2*
> Michael Nakazawa beat Alex Jebailey in 8:50 in a hardcore match. 3/4*
> Cima pinned Christopher Daniels in 9:40. **3/4
> Riho won a three-way over Nyla Rose and Yuka Sakazaki in 13:00. ***1/2
> Adam Page won a four-way over MJF, Jungle Boy and Jimmy Havoc in 10:49. ***1/2
> Cody drew Darby Allin in 20:03. ***3/4 THE THREE (AND THREE QUARTER) STAR GENERAL STRIKES AGAIN
> Young Bucks & Kenny Omega beat Pentagon Jr. & Fenix & Laredo Kid in 20:28. ****1/2
> Jon Moxley beat Joey Janela in a lights out match in 19:59. ****1/4

NJPW SOUTHERN SHOWDOWN IN MELBOURNE STAR RATINGS:
> Toa Henare & Shota Umino & Nick Bury beat Michael Richards & Andrew Villalobos & Mark Tui in 10:08. **1/2
> Slex pinned Aaron Solow in 9:07. **1/2
> Toru Yano & Yoh beat Gino Gambino & Taiji Ishimori in 9:40. *1/2
> Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi beat Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens in 9:47. ***1/4
> El Phantasmo pinned Rocky Romero in 18:41 to retain the British cruiserweight title. The match was feeling like a **** match when the feed went out.
> Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa retained the IWGP tag titles over Mikey Nicholls & Juice Robinson in 14:10. ***
> Will Ospreay pinned Robbie Eagles in 34:04 to retain the IWGP jr. title. ****3/4
> Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada beat Bad Luck Fale & Jay White in 19:55. ***1/2

ROH BEST IN THE WORLD 2019 STAR RATINGS:
> Rush pinned Flip Gordon in 10:20. **3/4
> Dalton Castle pinned Dragon Lee in 14:20. ***
> Angelina Love & Mandy Leon beat Jenny Rose & Kelly Klein in 9:28. *
> Kenny King pinned Jay Lethal to win their best-of-three series in 14:38. **3/4
> Jonathan Gresham pinned Silas Young in 18:11 in a pure wrestling match. **
> Mark & Jay Briscoe double count out with Nick Aldis & Eli Drake in 10:55. **
> Shane Taylor pinned Bandido in 12:31 to retain the TV title. ****
> PCO & Brody King & Marty Scurll retained the ROH six-man titles over Tracy Williams & Mark Haskins & P.J. Black in 16:56. ***1/2
> Matt Taven pinned Jeff Cobb in 9:45 to retain the ROH title. **
>>
123 Kid - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 12:56:27 EST b6Ee22oP No.6261523 Ignore Report Reply
>Impact has been basically dead
>the Pursuit Channel at 10 p.m. was doing around 10,000 viewers and Twitch was doing around that number or less each week.
wew...
>>
Jamilia Craft - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 13:06:06 EST WuGJ2oLB No.6261524 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261523
Unfortunately AXS is not rated on Nielsen either which will mean nobody will really know how many viewers they could get on there. Should be better than Pursuit though.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 13:14:44 EST qE0Hxhq0 No.6261529 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261522
How the hell did he rate the TV title match higher than the Six Man Tag Title match?
>>
Additional_Armies !G5HwlahLM2 - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 13:55:18 EST YILbGvXF No.6261543 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261524
maybe, also depends on contract AXS has with providers, and local nonsense
I get Pursuit, but I don't get AXS. oh well
>>
Charles Robinson - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:26:46 EST M1ahJWky No.6261564 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261524
So how does Meltzer know the Pursuit numbers?
>>
Chris Hero - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:33:17 EST w2Qrws/2 No.6261568 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261564
That's his channel
>>
Rhett Titus - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:49:07 EST gQX+hkEa No.6261576 Ignore Report Reply
1562266147047.jpg -(19452B / 19.00KB, 565x232) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
ARMBARS EVERYWHERE
>>
The Red Rooster - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 14:51:01 EST LUMg+nxK No.6261578 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261576
that dude is a fucking snitch
>>
Freehaven !zWb42fBPMM - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:03:34 EST It2BUKqt No.6261585 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
> “The role of the General Manager is played out. I don’t want to do it because its been going on for 20 years and whether you’re the hero General Manager, the villain General Manager I don’t know how many people really turn on WWE or any form of sports-entertainment to see how a match is made,” said Heyman in an interview with Kenny McIntosh on Inside the Ropes. “The show has become too much of, `Here’s the story behind the show that you’re watching,’ and I think sometimes, people just want to see the show. I think people just want to understand who the characters are and see the characters pitted against each other in compelling situations or riveting storylines that have nothing to do with the corporate structure that orders the match because the General Manager needs to sign the contract.”

FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO FUCKING GETS IT!
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:06:29 EST qE0Hxhq0 No.6261586 Report Reply
>>6261585
Don Callis had said when he first started as EVP of Impact last year that they're going to have an authority figure in Impact so he's not really the first person to have that idea.
>>
Kristal - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:10:30 EST 3bWxQu1w No.6261588 Ignore Report Reply
Everyone is saying how bad Bischoff will be but how could it be any worse? WWE was already so bad that I stopped watching. I'm interested to see what he does if he actually has the power to do what he wants. Much more interested in Heyman, but that goes without saying.
>>
Freehaven !zWb42fBPMM - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:12:05 EST It2BUKqt No.6261589 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261586
Heyman is probably the first person in WWE to say "fuck the authority figure bullshit" and get away with it, though.
>>
Justin King - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:25:10 EST WkgtECTU No.6261591 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261576

I am @TGIandres

AMA!
>>
Rhett Titus - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:35:00 EST BlrIoG3o No.6261594 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261519
Live beyond your means, and no hits since 1999
>>
The Blue Meanie - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 16:10:58 EST 6lubTvqQ No.6261612 Ignore Report Reply
>His ventures in the combat sport realm, with K-1, Matrats and TNA were all major failures. His TV syndication company died and he and his wife declared bankruptcy in 2017.
Sassy Meltzer, I love it
Bischoff HATES anyone reporting on his failures. Especially the death of WCW because according to him, nothing was going wrong, not his own mistakes or mismanagement. Nothing went wrong until the AOL merger in his mind.
>>
Ares - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 16:21:16 EST WNuZWFf6 No.6261616 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261522
Crazy how many matches got better ratings than Daniels vs CIMA. Especially some of the throwaway tags like Ishii/YOSHI vs BC
>>
Lance Cade - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 17:48:10 EST vo2m0QFV No.6261640 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261589
NXT also has the right idea with Regal.
>>
>>
Tommaso Ciampa - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:09:01 EST Ds0sVK0j No.6261647 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261594

Didn't he come up with the Elimination Chamber?
>>
David Lagana - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:11:58 EST 6ZCZ+2Hm No.6261648 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261647
Isn't that just in kayfabe?
>>
Crossbones - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:23:45 EST WoHJKzvu No.6261655 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261648
Yes.
Elimination Chamber was born out of HHH wanting to bring back War Games but because it was a WCW/Dusty idea Vince nixed and instead came up with his own cage based match idea that is BETTER DAMMIT BECAUSE I THOUGHT OF IT.
>>
Ares - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:23:48 EST 5l17+F3R No.6261656 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261647
That's kayfabe. Idk who came up with the EC for real off the top of my head but if I had to guess I'd say it was either Jericho or Triple H
>>
Ryuji Ito - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 19:03:20 EST 1mAxU++l No.6261684 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261522
> Cima pinned Christopher Daniels in 9:40. **3/4
Weird. He seemed to speak more highly of this match on WOR.
>>
Buddy Rogers - Thu, 04 Jul 2019 23:06:54 EST 349XVku/ No.6261765 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261684
Shane Taylor Anything at 4 stars, cima at 2 and change. The fuck.
>>
Dump Matsumoto - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 00:24:08 EST LI3WX/Ux No.6261796 Ignore Report Reply
>Joe Lanza just confirmed on the Voices of Wrestling Patreon Dragon Gate will be introducing English commentary at the Kobe World show on July 21. The color commentator will be Larry Dallas. The play-by-play is still up in the air, but the rumor is it will be MLW Fusion Commentator Rich Bocchini. It looks like it is just a one-show deal right now, there's no commitment to any further commentary beyond the Kobe World show at this point. It's basically a trial run.
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 00:32:37 EST qE0Hxhq0 No.6261798 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261796
I bet this is gonna end up being like JR and Matt Striker at Wrestle Kingdom 9.
>>
Adrian Adonis - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 01:08:33 EST yJEPrhUO No.6261812 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261796
>Larry Dallas
The dude actually has some history with Dragon Gate so I'm not that surprised they'd get him. I hope they don't do a shit job, but I doubt they're gonna match Ichikawa's marking out on commentary
>>
Jackie Moore - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 01:44:26 EST 0ErHW/sf No.6261825 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261655
Given as how much Hunter has shat on the concept of War Games, we should really be grateful for Vince's ego sparing us from suffering that misery.
>>
The Sheik - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 01:54:44 EST U58yr8wk No.6261829 Ignore Report Reply
1562306084411.jpg -(59665B / 58.27KB, 628x578) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
What happened to uncool poster?
>>
Amber O'Neal - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 01:57:09 EST /u2tNAFe No.6261830 Ignore Report Reply
1562306229018.gif -(2695518B / 2.57MB, 199x150) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6261829
>those replies

Every time.
>>
Starman - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 02:21:49 EST /W2yY3B3 No.6261835 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261829
is swerveface still alive?
>>
Egotistico Fantastico - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 03:34:50 EST 5l17+F3R No.6261854 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261835
Some of the recurrent threads are made by him
>>
Lady Apache - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 03:52:51 EST cN9/6/IG No.6261856 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261854
please oh please don't tell me he is the angry dirt sheet thread guy. Tbh social media thread dude is also angry af. Dirtsheet dude at least has a card to play because you need to pay for that. Social Media thread dude is hilarious.

Just al everyone knows. As soon as that social media thread hits bump limit you can just make a new one. Anyone. Who cares. Literally anyone can make a social media thread. If you say no politics or ballsacks at the start. Also a reminder that it's just an image board and if you want to make a thread you should make one. Make a fucking thread. Don't be scared. Make one.
>>
Ortvatistadon - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 04:29:36 EST 4whUyJgM No.6261857 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261856
>ballsacks
If this is wordfiltering what I think it is, that's hilarious and one of the few new catplanets I like (Nick Gage is another)

waifu
>>
Ortvatistadon - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 04:30:18 EST 4whUyJgM No.6261858 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261857
i guess not nb
>>
Lady Apache - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 05:56:15 EST cN9/6/IG No.6261864 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261508
Meltzer says AEW and UFC have some overlapping fan bases and all I do is laugh. What the fuck does Dave think AEW is in his weird old man E-fed brain.
>>
Lady Apache - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 05:59:54 EST cN9/6/IG No.6261865 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261858
I just wrote ballsacks. No ballsacks in the social media threads right?
>>
The Sheik - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:26:39 EST U58yr8wk No.6261870 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261856
Not the same, but on the spectrum.
>>
Mr. Perfect - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:54:58 EST jALHoc35 No.6261871 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261864
Dave talking about AEW fan base and viewers is death of journalism. Even blind child can see that there isnt enough data yet to draw conclusion on one way or other. Yet he just keeps rampling on and on about them. Last wor he even tried to draw line between mix max challenges and fyter fest. Is there really no one saying him no and wait till weekly tv start? And what is point? You can say numbers are good but rambling about something that won't give you conclusive ending and make you look like retard dose no good for you.
>>
Mt. Fiji - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 07:52:52 EST hk4ICpnZ No.6261876 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261871
Nah, you are sperging out over nothing, my man
>>
Mean Smark Callous !DCxC2Z8fnY - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 11:50:04 EST Ik90e71j No.6261945 Ignore Report Reply
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2019/07/05/jerry-lawler-plans-make-amends-amid-art-scam-accusations/

>Jerry Lawler’s former podcast partner is accused of scamming fans out of thousands of dollars. In an exclusive interview with WMC Action News 5, the King says he’s trying to make things right.

>Jason Lurie is a Jerry Lawler super fan. So when Lawler's podcast partner, Glenn Moore, announced to fans on the show that they could buy original art created by the King, Jason didn't hesitate.

>“Jerry is a phenomenal artist,” Lurie said. “So I asked, ‘how much’ and Glenn said, ‘$250.’ I said, ‘done!’”

>Lawler turned a picture of Lurie’s young niece putting another child into a headlock into a drawing. Lurie says Moore sent pics of the wrestling legend working on the project, and posing with the finished art before it was presented to him. He loved it so much, he says he paid Moore $1,500 via PayPal to commission another piece of original art, a Lawler oil painting of his beloved cat, Bentley. But Lurie says months went by with no painting, no refund, just excuses from Moore.

>"That’s when it all started going downhill,” said Lurie. “And I knew something wasn’t right.”

>Lurie, feeling he had no other choice, finally reached out to Lawler on social media. When he didn’t hear anything back, he said he sent a certified letter to Lawler’s house. When he didn’t get a response, he got an attorney who sent another letter to Lawler, which said in part, “Please be advised that, because Mr. Moore acts as your agent with respect to the sale of your original artwork, you may be liable under Tennessee law for the failure to return Mr. Lurie’s payment.”

>"I’m totally shocked by this behavior,” Lawler said during a phone interview with WMC Action News 5. “I mean, we did like 90 podcasts together over a period of years. This is a guy I thought was a friend and I trusted him. I’m certainly sorry this has happened.”

>Lawler says Moore’s behavior changed after he lost his PR job in December. Moore, he says, promised to make amends, but has no money. Lawler wants his fans to know, he’ll fix this.

>"We're gonna work to try to make this thing right," he said, "one way or another. Hopefully, we'll be able to get people's money back. If not, we'll get them the artwork they tried to buy."

>Jason Lurie is now waiting for the King to come through.

>"You know," he said getting emotional, "it's Jerry. I mean, he's my hero. And I just feel like I've been so duped. I've got a space in my house for an oil painting of my cat. Come on Jerry, help me out here."

>Lurie said he used PayPal friends and family, as Moore told him to, and can’t get a refund through that payment option. Several other fans took to Lawler’s twitter account to say they also ordered artwork or autographed t-shirts from Moore, but never received them. Lawler says his attorney advised him to file a police report.

Welp, I had been wondering why Dinner With The King hasn't dropped a new episode in 6 weeks.
>>
Lady Apache - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:10:36 EST cN9/6/IG No.6261952 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261945
so much carny shit in one post.
>>
Lady Apache - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:15:49 EST cN9/6/IG No.6261955 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261876
he's kind of right. Listening to Dave talk about AEW positive or negative is the most out of touch I've ever heard him. Dave Meltzer is getting old and his grip on what young people like is gone. Most wrestling fans are pretty lost in this respect. The Jebaily/Nakazawa match went over great in the arena and my friends who are not wrestling fans thought it was hilarious.

Meltzer is fantasizing that AEW is going to be like NJPW so he can get his G1 cum rag ready in the USA but it's not. AEW is going to be a mix of a lot of things and it's target audience is not old men who will be shitting in diapers within ten years.
>>
Electroshock - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:29:52 EST m8KEoN+I No.6261965 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261955
>AEW is going to be a mix of a lot of things and it's target audience is not old men who will be shitting in diapers within ten years.

AEW's target audience are the manchildren who shit in diapers now.
>>
Chessman - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:42:28 EST BLsuG4IT No.6261973 Ignore Report Reply
1562344948454.jpg -(12148B / 11.86KB, 240x240) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Pardon if this is the incorrect thread:

>Roman Reigns recently spoke with The Sportster and said he does not think AEW is competition to WWE.
>Promoting his new commercial for Brisk Iced Tea, Reigns was asked if he thinks it's good that a company like AEW exists and if they might present some form of competition to WWE. Reigns said "it was what it was" with Jon Moxley leaving WWE for AEW, but he sees no comparison between the two companies.
>"I'll just say this. It's all so new and it was what it was with Ambrose leaving and popping up over there... Competition? No, there's no competition," Reigns responded. "WWE, we know exactly what we're doing. We have the best talent in the world. There's no comparing, I say that with firm confidence, all the way from the top to the very bottom. .. We are world class all the way through."

From https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/07/roman-reigns-says-it-foolish-to-think-aew-is-comparing-to-656005/

Why does he come across as such an unlikeable guy?
>>
SoCal Val - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:45:44 EST 1/S/IEzo No.6261974 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261973
He gave a standard boilerplate corporate answer; dude isn't going to outright say "Yeah we're in a slump but we'll probably maybe do better in the long run compared to some money-mark company". He hit the same notes Rollins, Miz, Lawler, et al do when asked about "competition" and how their own company is faring.
>>
SoCal Val - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:49:54 EST 1/S/IEzo No.6261977 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261974
Also, he's right in terms of "world class" talent; I don't watch WWE at all anymore outside of the tube, but they have basically the greatest workers of the late-2000s to 2010s in their ranks. Sure a lot of them are mishandled - if barely handled at all - but I'm willing to bet a million people would sooner tune in to see the New Day or The Revival or the Hardyz than they would the fucking Dark Order.
>>
Electroshock - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:51:04 EST m8KEoN+I No.6261980 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261973
Yeah, why doesn't he just shit all over his employer. Reigns has made good money and is treated well in WWE, he has no reason to rock the boat with any kind of controversy.
>>
>>
Nathan Jones - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 12:54:53 EST VNR/zYxx No.6261985 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261965
and they would be doing it twenty years leader while WWE audience is dead.
>>
Cody Deaner - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 13:10:15 EST b6Ee22oP No.6261999 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261945
>"You know," he said getting emotional, "it's Jerry. I mean, he's my hero. And I just feel like I've been so duped. I've got a space in my house for an oil painting of my cat. Come on Jerry, help me out here."
oh lawd.... This reminds me of that someone bought a pair of wrestler panties thinking Punk wrestled in them
>>
Ultimate Warrior - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 13:12:23 EST i5W5a+y+ No.6262001 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261965
>AEW's target audience are the manchildren who shit in diapers now.
Doesn't asspee hate AEW though?
>>
Nick Patrick - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 13:14:44 EST CTQ90eIi No.6262004 Ignore Report Reply
>>6262001
destroyed
>>
Scotty Vortekz - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 14:39:52 EST lSJzAhs6 No.6262051 Ignore Report Reply
1562351992016.jpg -(28122B / 27.46KB, 565x234) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6261829
Here you go fam, working Swerve into a shoot gives me life.
>>
Dustin Diamond - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 15:37:33 EST a6yA66YD No.6262072 Ignore Report Reply
To me dave is just an old jacked up dad who really likes wrestling and happens to talk about it on a podcast (in a good way) . That's the best Dave Meltzer experience once you start taking him too seriously as a journalist or whatever in the year of our lord 2019 you're doing it wrong.
>>
Mr. Fuji - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 15:47:55 EST GeV6dub0 No.6262080 Ignore Report Reply
1562356075572.png -(149579B / 146.07KB, 326x474) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6261522
> Cody drew Darby Allin in 20:03. ***3/4
>>
Jerrelle Clark - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 16:09:22 EST 5Jd3SZLC No.6262089 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261945
Who the fuck considers Lawler their hero.
>>
Beulah McGillicutty - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 16:18:43 EST 4ZbNJAFJ No.6262092 Ignore Report Reply
>>6262089

Other pedophiles?
>>
Super Hentai - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 16:31:27 EST o6Y2Bqk5 No.6262098 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261945
lol King "wants to make it right" but ignored the dude till the guy got a lawyer
>>
Chiva II - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 17:13:57 EST WoHJKzvu No.6262120 Ignore Report Reply
Is there a link to today's G1 Press Conference ?
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 17:58:42 EST qE0Hxhq0 No.6262153 Report Reply
>>6262120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsT-uZqCu28
>>
Chiva II - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 18:02:07 EST WoHJKzvu No.6262156 Ignore Report Reply
>>6262153
ty bby
>>
Chiva II - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 18:15:53 EST WoHJKzvu No.6262165 Ignore Report Reply
>>6262001
R E K T
U
I
N
E
D
>>
C-Higgy !lfsExjBfzE - Fri, 05 Jul 2019 18:39:36 EST qE0Hxhq0 No.6262182 Report Reply
Jacques Rougeau Sr. passed away - https://lastwordonprowrestling.com/2019/07/03/jacques-rougeau-sr-passes-away-at-89/
>>
Mean Smark Callous !DCxC2Z8fnY - Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:28:32 EST mHVC6D8M No.6263210 Ignore Report Reply
>>6261945

https://www.bodyslam.net/2019/07/06/exclusive-cancer-foundation-scammed-by-jerry-lawlers-ex-podcast-host-glenn-moore/

>If you haven’t been following along, Jerry Lawler had a podcast called Dinner With The King. The podcast had a host named Glenn Moore, who has been friends with Jerry for close to a decade. Glenn Moore would use the Dinner With The King Twitter account to scam fans into buying artwork and merchandise that they never received. The story made local Memphis news which brought more fans forward to tell their stories and Jerry eventually commented on the matter.

>After Jerry’s Twitter post, more fans were made aware that they would not be receiving what Glenn Moore had promised them. One in particular spoke with me anonymously about how they were going to use artwork and memorabilia to raise money for a cancer foundation.

>The foundation is named Ali’s Rae of Hope. Glenn Moore had agreed to a deal where he would sell merchandise that would then be sold by the foundation for donation money.

>I am writing this on July 6th, 2019. As of this writing Glenn has not returned the money. The benefit wrestling show is on August 17th, 2019. Glenn is a stain on the wrestling community and I am hoping, we as a community can pull together to help out this foundation. If you, friends you know, wrestlers you know or anyone that could help are willing to help, please spread the word. Let’s turn this extreme negative into a positive.

>Glenn Moore should be more than ashamed of himself for his actions against fans but especially this.

There are screenshots of the DMs between Glenn Moore and this charity at the link above. Seriously, fuck this guy.
>>
Freehaven !zWb42fBPMM - Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:39:16 EST It2BUKqt No.6263217 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263210
If anyone deserves blackballing from the pro wrestling industry, a motherfucker who screws over a pediatric cancer charity fits the bill.
>>
KAGETORA - Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:39:51 EST T5Ycresu No.6263219 Ignore Report Reply
1562557191772.jpg -(154912B / 151.28KB, 800x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
CMLL owner Paco Alonso had died

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1148017173127995392
>>
Alere Little Feather - Sun, 07 Jul 2019 23:59:00 EST o6Y2Bqk5 No.6263226 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263210
Weird thing is, how did he not realise this would catch up to him

Selling shit but not delivering is such a terrible con. At least learn to draw like Lawler and send out imitation sketches, jeez
>>
Sho Funaki - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 00:35:27 EST GXHNtkkw No.6263237 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263219
>>http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2019/07/07/paco-alonso-passes-away-other-news/
>>http://archive.fo/Nkx4x
> Paco Alonso’s death may not be a mainstream story but it’s as big a deal inside the world of wrestling. What happens in his absence will have a major impact on what the world looks like in the future.

>Paco Alonso

>Francisco “Paco” Alonso Lutteroth passed away Saturday. Alonso was 64 years old. He is listed as the President of CMLL, and was effectively the person in charge of the family-owned promotion. CMLL announced his passing in a press release Sunday evening. The show stopped at Arena Mexico to honor him. No cause of death was mentioned.

>There had been no word or any indication Paco Alonso was in ill health. That is consistent with how he led his life; he did not like public attention or fame. His daughter Sofia Alonso has been the public face of CMLL’s management since 2016, though that was thought to be more because she was willing to do those public duties Paco was not interested in and not because of any imminent plans for succession. Though I guess we can’t be sure of that. Paco Alonso’s quest desire privacy survived his passing – someone had to be told to have that press release ready, but no one seemed to know until it was put out – so maybe there was a larger plan in place that was also kept quiet.

>Sofia Alonso is most likely the person who will be in charge of CMLL going forward, though it is not certain. Sofia has been working in the business and marketing aspects of the promotion since 2014, but does not have experience on the wrestling side. A 28-year-old woman in charge of a lucha libre promotion in an often male chauvinistic country and industry is going to have a lot of challenges to deal with. We also have no idea how the rest of the family will react to this death and change. The story has always been that the Lutteroth family derives their true real wealth from the real estate business and CMLL is a sort of the black sheep that the rest of the family is not that interested in. It could very well end up that Sofia ends up with all the power, but there’s a lot with that family we don’t really know and shouldn’t presume to have all the answers.

>SuperLuchas obit writes that Paco Alonso and Chavo Lutteroth were put in charge of the company by founder Salvador Lurretoth in 1975, with Paco increasingly more in charge of the wrestling side of the business as time went on. He was solidly in charge by the 80s and is credited with modernizing the promotion during that period, one of the most successful in the history of the promotion. (ESTO’s obit has him being in full control by 1987, would mean 32 years in charge.) Some of that modernization led to the creation of the longest running rival to the CMLL, when Arena Mexico matchmaker Antonio Pena ended up AAA founder Antonio Pena. Alonso’s promotion once exchanged talent with then rival promotion LLI (UWA), but the issues with AAA must’ve cut deeper. Alonso was famous for blacklisting wrestlers and promoters who he felt had crossed him, refusing to use them even if it would later seem to make business sense. The goal with CMLL was to make money but, maybe because the family wasn’t dependent on the promotion for their income, it was not a business strictly focused on making the decisions based on what would make the most money.

>Paco Alonso was also in charge of the promotion during the Mistico boom, though he had increasingly delegated responsibilities for the promotion by the turn of the century. Paco Alonso had a reputation of being hands-off, letting departments run themselves and perhaps not getting involved in times he should. There are stories of luchadors being kept outside his office for hours hoping for a meeting and a secret back door he had to escape from having to hold meetings. There are also stories that don’t really square with that image, of Paco Alonso coming up with ideas for his promotion or socially being friends with some of his luchadors. MLW claimed they were negotiating directly with Alonso over signing Rush contract. Avispa Dorada mentioned Paco Alonso being in a meeting where they were coming up with her name last October, and being involved in the gimmick idea for a fringe person on the roster is hard to fit with this concept of a person who was checked out on wrestling. One after another luchador, including some long gone from the promotion, are praising Paco Alonso on twitter, calling him the best boss they worked for. I’m not sure if we’ll ever really figure out what Paco Alonso really felt about CMLL because he never wanted the public to know; he doesn’t even seem to get a page in the 85th Anniversary book that he commissioned.

>The one thing that is certain is there will be change with CMLL. It may not happen right away and it may not happen in front of our eyes, but it’ll happen no matter if Sofia Alonso is truly in charge or just the face of the company. There’s just always going to be adjustments when ownership changes. AAA’s seen it a bit subtly after Joaquin Roldan passed away. It was more dramatic when Antonio Pena passed away. Nothing changed at first, just like nothing should be expected to happen right away with CMLL. But after about a year, people who had been there for a long time saw changes they didn’t like and left, or getting them to leave were actually those changes. I’d assume that whatever is in place for September is still in place for September, but new directions will have to be made and not everyone will be wanting to follow them.

>CMLL is a promotion that’s been frozen even harder in place for a long time, with plenty of people whose principal qualification for their jobs was mutual loyalty with Paco Alonso, just like there were people who had roles in AAA primarily because Antonio Pena liked them. That’s going to change now. All wrestling promotions change slightly over time, but there’s going to be substantial changes in CMLL going forward. I have no idea if that’s a good thing.
>>
Jim Ross - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 03:07:46 EST cN9/6/IG No.6263303 Ignore Report Reply
I guess Meltzer didn't watch Slammiversary and Garrett doesn't follow Impact so they just talked about Sami and Tessa for five minutes and made some shitty jokes and then went back to drooling about G1. Great reporting.
>>
Sinister Minister - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 03:37:42 EST IBFwXB+/ No.6263310 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263303
Good ol victim complex TNA fans.
Some things never change I see.
>>
Trinity - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 03:58:33 EST bpwUf1a3 No.6263313 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263303
bruh impact draws less viewers than two dudes playing tekken
ain't no one got time to report on that
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:34:26 EST M1ahJWky No.6263323 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263310
and the Meltzer defence force is here in a flash.
>>
Rain - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:41:55 EST iB2E+KQl No.6263329 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263323
You just proved him right, dumbshit
>>
Kurumi - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:52:32 EST fA5Tlt7K No.6263331 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263303
>literally said they didn't have time to watch cause of circumstance
about the awareness I'd expect of an impactoid
>>
John Cena - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 05:19:16 EST 3OKqBBgO No.6263337 Ignore Report Reply
Meltzer consistently rates Impact lower than most fans do. He really does seem to have a bias, unconscious or not against them.

Didn't he rate the Mox/Janela match something like 4.5 stars? The Knockout match tonight was superior to that, as was Killer Kross/Edwards when it comes to hardcore matches, but there is no way he will rate an Impact wrestling match that high.
>>
JTG - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 05:24:42 EST iVSK5WcY No.6263338 Ignore Report Reply
stop caring about meltzer's opinion for fucks sake
>>
Tomoka Nakagawa - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 05:32:33 EST m++3W9mq No.6263340 Ignore Report Reply
>Corey Graves saying “Holy shit” after the explosions, on the air, at about 8:10 p.m.
Wow, Dave. It was actually like 8:03. He's lacking...
>>
Daniel Bryan - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 06:00:02 EST Rq5/XLJ6 No.6263354 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263337
>Meltzer consistently rates Impact lower than most fans do.

You couldn't know that. Unless you mean "most Impact fans."
>>
>>
John Cena - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 06:20:13 EST 3OKqBBgO No.6263360 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263354
well yes Impact fans are generally the people rating Impact shows
>>
Daniel Bryan - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 06:21:27 EST Rq5/XLJ6 No.6263362 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263360
Then they're the ones with the bias, dummy.
>>
Pope D'Angelo Dinero - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:12:06 EST gPv5boDR No.6263388 Ignore Report Reply
Lmao TNA mecca still holding strong
>>
Christopher Daniels - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:40:02 EST jEGuiRVR No.6263397 Ignore Report Reply
I’m a big IMPACT fan. It’s a shame Dave doesn’t watch more IMPACT but I’m guessing his subscribers just don’t have much interest hearing about it. It is what it is.
>>
Daivari - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:50:51 EST U28QmYT+ No.6263399 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263397
If you want more impact news from f4d, Lance storm always talks about it
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:14:18 EST M1ahJWky No.6263454 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263397
It's a chicken and egg situation
>>
Jamie Keyes - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:23:36 EST HJLOxnpA No.6263456 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263397
Dave has to watch WWE (like 6 hours a week on average), NJPW, AEW, and then a smattering of Japan, Mexico, American indies and them IMPACT... along with UFC and other MMA and that's just viewing. HE still has to investigate, review, and write up the newsletter. Dave is a machine to do as much as he does.
>>
Sho Funaki - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:27:57 EST GXHNtkkw No.6263460 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263397
you're probably better with your preferred promotion getting ignored by the meltz-orbit
a lot of the people who need Dave Ratings to enjoy stuff aren't really good conversation
>>
Jim Ross - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:36:16 EST cN9/6/IG No.6263472 Ignore Report Reply
What in the hell is TNAMecca? I stopped watching wrestling in like 2007 and never watched TNA until Don Callis started in late 2017. I'm an Impact wrestling fan and whenever I defend it or say the show was great some jabroni comes in and tells me to go to TNAMecca. Is it a word filter or something? I'm not a TNA fan. I never watched TNA. TNA fucking sucks. Impact put on a great show last night. I just want to hear Meltzer talk about it so Impact gets some recognition since a lot of people listen to his podcast.
>>
Virgil - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:48:16 EST kEUxr5IZ No.6263479 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263460
This 100%

It used to be nice when Dave would shine a spotlight on an under appreciated company out there, I’m sure it brought a lot of new eyes to various promotions that needed it...BUT in recent years there seems to be a rise in both devotees that take Meltzer’s word as god and, more aggravatingly, a surge in haters. If Dave says something is good it riles up both camps, the supporters start threads all over the internet about how [insert recent mention] is the best ever and an anti-Dave camp proclaiming that said [insert] is the “worst thing ever.”

A recent example would be Dave’s gushing over Miyahara. I had never seen so many threads talking about AJPW in general in years. Suddenly Miyahara was better than Flair and also a no talent geek.

It just invites shitposting. Be happy that you found a product that you enjoy and is not the subject of constant online arguments.
>>
Sniper - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 13:01:38 EST g0JhSpRF No.6263493 Ignore Report Reply
1562605298258.jpg -(70072B / 68.43KB, 540x371) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6263472
tnamecca was a tna fansite with a discus comment section and the posters were rabid fanboys who refused any criticism towards the product, specially during the Hogan/Bischoff years. People from the F4W message board, social media and even from this board used to share tnamecca's commentary section screenshots to laugh at the people who made those comments. So when someone here defends or posts positive stuff about Impact, they get accused of coming from tnamecca.

Many TNAmecca users quit watching the company after TNA lost the SpikeTV deal, then the site died a couple of years ago (that's it's own drama, the owner faked his death). But the "every tna/impact fan is like those guys from mecca" idea still prevails on the internet. Some tnamecca users migrated to another fansite called Asylum. Some people here thinks that website is the new mecca but I'm pretty sure people from that site don't post here cuz to them imageboards are super scary deep web stuff.

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/888190892338794496
>>
The Mantaur - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 14:54:54 EST BlrIoG3o No.6263558 Ignore Report Reply
1562612094109.jpg -(78944B / 77.09KB, 1280x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6263479
>Be happy that you found a product that you enjoy and is not the subject of constant online arguments.
>Impact wrestling
>>
The Mantaur - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 14:56:46 EST BlrIoG3o No.6263561 Ignore Report Reply
1562612206109.jpg -(94693B / 92.47KB, 800x556) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson officially signed their new WWE deals over the last several days. PWInsider.com has been told they signed five-year deals that will keep them with the company through July 2024. As we noted last week, it was believed they had come to terms but not yet signed their deals. They have since put pen to paper.

>Gallows and Anderson had initially turned down WWE's overtures to sign them to new deals, but with the promise of a new push (as seen with the AJ Styles alliance) and what sources have claimed to have been a "ridiculously amazing" financial offer, the tag team reconsidered.

>There had been interest in the team from a number of promotions, including New Japan Pro Wrestling and AEW, should they have actually become free agents.

>Based on copyright and trademark filings, it appears the pair were also looking into pursuing a podcast post-WWE, but obviously, those plans have been halted.
>>
Virgil - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:15:40 EST kEUxr5IZ No.6263579 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263558
Oh...well, yeah it’s too late for Impact. That statement was more broad in scope but I realize now that it wasn’t the most apt for the immediate discussion. Impact fans should just come to grips with the fact that haters are not gong to change their mind and that constantly engaging these people online in an attempt to defend Impact is as pointless as trying to sway somebody on a religion or politics.

Please don’t take this the wrong way but diehard TNA/Impact fans are like furries or bronies. They keep insisting that everyone would understand their interests if everyone just gave it a try. I know part of it is “tit for tat” retaliation for unprovoked “invasions” by haters in Impact threads but invading other threads just to talk about Impact is only going to provoke more of the same.
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:22:12 EST M1ahJWky No.6263582 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263579
>They keep insisting that everyone would understand their interests if everyone just gave it a try.

I mean, we're all wrestling fans here, and Impact is a wrestling show. If they put on a great show, like they did last night, then surely other wrestling fans who don't normally watch would like to know?

8/10 made me reply ffs
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:22:38 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263583 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263579
I've honestly not seen anyone talk like this on here though. People have just been saying the show last night was awesome. It's not TNAMecca days anymore. The only assholes are the people going out of their way to find impact fans on /wooo/ and then saying some buzzwords at them.

Nobody is trying to change anyones mind. Most Impact fans nowadays are the same fans who enjoy GCW, Beyond, MLW and shit like that. You can even see it in the tubes. It's the same users who watch all those shows. Turns out Impact fans are just indie wrestling fans now.
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:24:10 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263584 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263583
which leads me to believe that the haters are WWE and AEW fans..... ew.
>>
The Mantaur - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:28:13 EST BlrIoG3o No.6263585 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263583
> Turns out Impact fans are just indie wrestling fans now
Thats all most TNA/Impact fans ever were.

Just because TNAMecca was the loudest, it doesn't mean it was the majority.
>>
George The Animal Steele - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:37:27 EST 6ASqwefg No.6263588 Ignore Report Reply
WON/F4W doesn't cover TNA becuase it's a dead brand nobody gives a fuck about anymore. There is no demand from their readership/listenership to cover it.
Nobody cares about it enough to warrant any kind of coverage on it. That's just the truth.
>>
Virgil - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:37:56 EST kEUxr5IZ No.6263589 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263582
>>6263583
Fair points.

There are “good” fans and “bad” fans for everything, unfortunately we as fans have to deal with the worst of our fandom. You or I might not go around preaching about how everyone “needs” to give Impact a chance but they’re out there...and they’re louder than us. We’re going to stumble across haters that have been created as a reaction to the TNAmecca types. I’m just saying it’s pointless to engage with the haters, just move on and find fans worth your time and effort.
>>
Virgil - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:43:38 EST kEUxr5IZ No.6263597 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263589
Also, for the record, this conversation was started by an Impact fans entering a Meltzer thread and complaining about the lack of Impact content. Meltzer has a well known record with Impact/TNA vast majority of his fan base are known to show little to no respect for Impact as a brand. Expecting a thoughtful measured response in this situation was foolish.

It’s disingenuous to say that Impact fans never engage in conversations with haters when there is an example in this very thread. I’m not policing anyone but, in my opinion, it’s a waste of time and only provokes continued shitposting...also evidenced in this thread.
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:45:55 EST M1ahJWky No.6263599 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263597
>Impact fans entering a Meltzer thread

LMAO. If you want a steel cage for Meltzer where he isn't allowed to be criticised then go to F4W
>>
Tori - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:46:00 EST IWmdbWok No.6263600 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263588
Dave still reviews every PPV in the Observer so I don't know what the fuck you're even talking about
>>
Johnny Curtis - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:53:55 EST psV9LY6K No.6263603 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263226
I guess he was hoping to string everyone along forever? I mean, this is the kinda con where you need to vanish the next day and NEVER come back.
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:54:45 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263604 Ignore Report Reply
Lance Storm will review it with Bryan Alvarez probably. Lance Storm also shits on Meltzer on a weekly basis in little playful ways too so it's pretty great if you're kind of done with Meltzer.
>>
Malia Hosaka - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:58:52 EST 6lubTvqQ No.6263606 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263600
People just love to search for reasons to bitch on this board.
>>
George The Animal Steele - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:22:56 EST 6ASqwefg No.6263625 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263599
>go to F4W
>The Board that shits on Dave & Bryan the hardest
Clearly never visited The Board~! then have you.

Also on the subject, DiscussPW is where the last and most psychotic of the TNA Mecca diehards went. There's about 6 of them in total. The saddest little website in all of the IWC. Really really delusional people on there.
>>
Johnny Saint - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:32:06 EST 6TYl/ldD No.6263628 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263625
The F4W board is one of the worst places to discuss wrestling on the internet. It's the wrestling equivalent of an atheist convention.

>TNA Mecca diehards
As opposed to what? Are you saying that there is no such thing as a wwe diehard or an NJPW diehard?
>>
George The Animal Steele - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:34:04 EST 6ASqwefg No.6263629 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263628
.....what?
>>
Paul London - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:41:56 EST FT73Dr+V No.6263633 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263625
>I like to stalk TNA fans across the internet
>they are totally obsessed guys! not like me and my healthy behaviour!
>>
>>
George The Animal Steele - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 17:21:17 EST 6ASqwefg No.6263658 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263633
Which one are you ?
Big Dawg?
Nom?
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 17:56:05 EST M1ahJWky No.6263676 Ignore Report Reply
1562622965297.jpg -(162623B / 158.81KB, 788x681) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6263658
>>6263625
>being so obsessed with hating TNA that you actually stalk people on message boards
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:02:08 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263680 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263658
I don't get what your saying. Big Dawg? Nom? what.
>>
Shocker - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:24:12 EST yiaRpVCU No.6263701 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263625
stay on twitter nigga I know who you are
>>
George The Animal Steele - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:36:24 EST 6ASqwefg No.6263707 Ignore Report Reply
Reminder that TNA is irredeemable shit and that's why nobody bar a select few brain dead remedial cases care about it.
>>
Jerry Lynn - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:41:06 EST yJEPrhUO No.6263708 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263707
TNA died in 2017 man, let it go
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:42:11 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263709 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263707
It's okay if you only like WWE and AEW chum. You don't need to be so angry that people have better taste than you.
>>
Matt Bentley - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 18:55:52 EST M1ahJWky No.6263717 Ignore Report Reply
1562626552297.jpg -(176776B / 172.63KB, 1088x817) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6263707
>rattled
>>
Nicole Bass - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:04:48 EST /xss1Gjk No.6263725 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263709
>like TNA
>Have better taste than anyone
Oh nonononono
>>
Conor O'Brian - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:13:15 EST k3trsQMt No.6263729 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263709
Because when I look for a judge of good taste, the first person I ask is a pro wrestling fan.
>>
The Mantaur - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:14:24 EST BlrIoG3o No.6263730 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263725
Impact (and NJPW and MLW and GCW and the NWA and AAA and CMLL) are better than WWE and AEW and its not even close ; )
>>
Superstar Billy Graham - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:23:12 EST 8+BzoD5f No.6263735 Ignore Report Reply
1562628192215.png -(22782B / 22.25KB, 535x135) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6263658
>>6263707
>>6263625
>an ROH podcaster
>>
Jerry Sags - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:24:20 EST DQyWf1wt No.6263736 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263730
AAA is on a ironic level of "good" tho, that company is usually a disaster
a fun and crazy must-watch disaster tho
>>
The Mantaur - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:42:30 EST BlrIoG3o No.6263744 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263736
>a fun and crazy must-watch disaster
thats when wrestling is at its best
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:54:48 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263753 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263729
We're clearly talking about wrestling taste on this wrestling board. Also stop being a self hating wrestling fan.
>>
Karl Anderson - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:57:52 EST yCw7X2Jg No.6263755 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263725
Yes. Impact is better then WWE and AEW right now. That can always change but if we are talking about what I've seen so far in 2019. But as I said it is okay to have bad taste my man. You can keep watching garbage and judging others watch things they actually enjoy. That's all on you. Even Nolo_King liked Impact last night and he hates everything that isn't WWE.
>>
Daisuke Sekimoto - Mon, 08 Jul 2019 20:29:49 EST blyApkcd No.6263782 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263755
don't speak ill of nolo king he's less biased than you are.
>>
Bob Sapp - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:29:05 EST vXKJKITf No.6264582 Ignore Report Reply
1562768945523.jpg -(37813B / 36.93KB, 657x526) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>Youtube playlist not uploading retro raw/nitro
>>
Kota Ibushi - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:54:19 EST 6lubTvqQ No.6264591 Ignore Report Reply
>WrestlingNews.co is reporting that Kevin Owens' worked shoot promo on Smackdown Live was done because WWE is aware that the Shane McMahon push hasn't gone over well with fans. The Owens promo is reportedly the start of a storyline that will phase Shane out as a regular TV character. The promo was said to have been praised from people backstage.

>The site also noted that "the declining ratings have forced Vince McMahon to ask for more input on the product and he’s listening to the criticism more than ever. They have also done surveys to figure out what people do and don’t like about the shows."
>>
Barry Windham - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:55:59 EST iB2E+KQl No.6264592 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264591
I give it 2 weeks tops
>>
DJ Skittlez - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:21:35 EST GXHNtkkw No.6264608 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264591
>worked shoot
hahaha that's the fucking solution sure guys, it worked great for wcw
>>
Vin Gerard - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:29:14 EST ILaCyWJ3 No.6264617 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264591
They've been talking about how much the show sucks for at least a year now. They literally came out and said Baron Corbin was to blame for low ratings and then made him the main event. No one believes this shit.

It's going to turn out they pulled a Dixie Carter and secretly hired Vince Russo back.
>>
Additional_Armies !G5HwlahLM2 - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:35:14 EST YILbGvXF No.6264622 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264608
while I agree that maybe not do this so much..
one of the bigger problems with WCW worked shoots is they used fucking wrestling terms all the time.. everyone is getting swerved and worked, and I'm gonna book myself to do this and do that and to be pleased.
at least Owens worked shoot also still has kayfabe sense: Shane McMahon takes up a slot on the card that could have gone to someone else.
yeah he's breakin the 4th wall or what have you, but he's not throwing wrestling terms at us
>>
Kanyon - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:39:48 EST 7ZkLLCFc No.6264625 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264622
Don't worry, they'll get to doing that.
For that matter, they already did it earlier this year with kayfabe breaking promos that all but held up a literal sign saying "WRESTLING'S FIXED Y'ALL." with Triple H during his Batista feud earlier this year for Wrestlemania buildup. They did more than one around that time by other people too.
>>
Nikki Bella - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:20:05 EST 4w1YLddP No.6264650 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264591
>The site also noted that "the declining ratings have forced Vince McMahon to ask for more input on the product and he’s listening to the criticism more than ever. They have also done surveys to figure out what people do and don’t like about the shows.

Didn't they just do this a few months ago with the whole Superstar Shake-up, etc.? The product is still horrible.
>>
Kanyon - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:27:17 EST 7ZkLLCFc No.6264658 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264650
If you break your broken promises, you somehow revert back to having broken no promises.

At least in Vince's mind. And the WWE mindset as a whole.
>>
DJ Skittlez - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:29:43 EST GXHNtkkw No.6264660 Ignore Report Reply
1562776183350.png -(550799B / 537.89KB, 720x706) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6264658
>>
Kanyon - Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:32:48 EST 7ZkLLCFc No.6264664 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264660
>We got Char'd

FeelsColonydropMan
>>
Kodama - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 00:49:24 EST iB2E+KQl No.6265015 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264660
Is Char's mask the most prestigious in the World Gundam Federation?
>>
A.J. Styles - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 00:55:40 EST QuEpNdzx No.6265016 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265015
Seeing as he willing took it off during the ABQ PPV, I don't think so.
>>
>>
Kodama - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 01:36:24 EST iB2E+KQl No.6265027 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265016
That was after he put Amuro over in a 2/3 Falls match
>>
A.J. Styles - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 01:58:02 EST QuEpNdzx No.6265033 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265027
There was still 10+ years of, debatably, his peak before his tragic death due to a psycho-ringframe resonance with his rebound double ring match with Amuro at the Counterattack PPV.
>>
Kodama - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 03:18:00 EST iB2E+KQl No.6265059 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265033
He slid nicely into the mentor role for that young prospect Kamille
>>
The Great Kabuki - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:29:17 EST GXHNtkkw No.6265180 Ignore Report Reply
1562858957036.png -(895511B / 874.52KB, 552x742) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6265016
>>6265027
yeah basic apuestas stuff really
>>
RegalMachine RGM-79 !Ro1w0thJao - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 14:13:54 EST 9+kvF4WR No.6265242 Ignore Report Reply
1562868834168.jpg -(254322B / 248.36KB, 660x350) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>All this Char talk
The Mick Foley of changing gimmicks in UC Gundam.
>>
Deuce - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:39:15 EST ziXkOEgv No.6265289 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265242
So who's Abyss? Zoltan?
>>
Johnny - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 15:43:30 EST 5jicMQsL No.6265293 Ignore Report Reply
1562874210074.jpg -(26584B / 25.96KB, 300x252) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6265289
>>
RegalMachine RGM-79 !Ro1w0thJao - Thu, 11 Jul 2019 17:12:34 EST 9+kvF4WR No.6265350 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265289
Being that he's a Mankind clone he's Full Frontal I guess.
>>
Jamie Knoble - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 00:23:09 EST iB2E+KQl No.6265502 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265289
idk who's A CHAR that's actually more interesting with the mask off?
>>
Hajime Ohara - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:01:32 EST NRPhLbkr No.6265518 Ignore Report Reply
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/1468290/
Tokyo Sports is reporting that Hikaru Shida signed a 3-year contract with AEW and she plans to retire at the end of it.
>>
RegalMachine RGM-79 !Ro1w0thJao - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:10:53 EST 9+kvF4WR No.6265778 Ignore Report Reply
1562958653614.jpg -(17445B / 17.04KB, 310x233) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6265502
>>
Freehaven !zWb42fBPMM - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:21:06 EST It2BUKqt No.6265947 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265778
Fuck yeah, Gundam Wing.

Y'know, now I'm wondering what a Toonami-style wrestling promo video would look like.
>>
David Flair - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:27:48 EST GXHNtkkw No.6265952 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265947
probably like those short intros to Impact PPVs
>>
Rob Terry - Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:44:24 EST iB2E+KQl No.6265957 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265778
I guess "more interesting" on a relative scale...

>>6265947
Wing is literally a Gundam show booked McMahon-style:

>unlikeable deadshits shilled as YOUR favourite characters
>motivations that can't even keep consistency across 2 scenes
>plot is non-existent outside actions the director thinks "looks cool"
>>
RegalMachine RGM-79 !Ro1w0thJao - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:08:23 EST 9+kvF4WR No.6266014 Ignore Report Reply
>>6265957
>I guess "more interesting" on a relative scale...
Everyone in Wing were either raging psycho, selfish assholes, or whiny c᠌unts (excluding Quatre).
Milliardo at least has a reason for being the way he was and had motivations more interesting and less vague than the main cast.
>>
Octagón - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:36:06 EST 2lWc+6zL No.6266020 Ignore Report Reply
>>6264591
WWE is fucking great at owning up to how shit they are on-screen, but ever fixing it off-screen
>>
Octagón - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:40:45 EST 2lWc+6zL No.6266021 Ignore Report Reply
Okay wow I just watched the Owens promo on YT

I like Owens, I know he can do great promos, but that constant screaming was terrible
>>
Bertha Faye - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:06:44 EST gh69CKgg No.6266026 Ignore Report Reply
>>6266014
Quatre was all of those things, man. Do you not remember him losing his shit with the Zero System?
>>
Freehaven !zWb42fBPMM - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:24:03 EST It2BUKqt No.6266030 Ignore Report Reply
>>6266020
They’ll own up to the criticism and their own fuck-ups, but they’ll rarely do anything about it, which makes pointing out their fuck-ups a worthless endeavour.
>>
Rob Terry - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 03:48:55 EST iB2E+KQl No.6266037 Ignore Report Reply
>>6266014
He's still a C-List CHAR tho.
>>
Cowboy Bob Orton - Sat, 13 Jul 2019 04:18:58 EST 6zVWU+6j No.6266042 Ignore Report Reply
>>6263561
Nothing to do with the post itself but I'm really not sure why I find Matt somewhat bearable but really dislike Nick. Maybe just cause his face is douchier but I dunno, gotta be more than that but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.