Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich


Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Now Playing on /wooo/tube -

"Britwres is alive and well"

Reply
- Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:35:16 EST BlrIoG3o No.6335238
File: 1575668116720.png -(195384B / 190.80KB, 1194x1460) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. "Britwres is alive and well"
-Pete Dunne, November 27, 2018
>>
STIGMA - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:36:25 EST zNyQb9LL No.6335240 Reply
1575668185244.jpg -(32042B / 31.29KB, 717x486) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Official laugh at WWE marks thread
>>
Van Hammer - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:38:47 EST BlrIoG3o No.6335241 Reply
1575668327720.jpg -(57868B / 56.51KB, 968x681) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
Official "took the mark contract in exchange for a photo with John Cena" thread
>>
Raisha Saeed - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:56:38 EST QdEjBP+k No.6335247 Reply
I mean apart from laundering money, like half of those companies had no reason to exist in the first place.
>>
Annie Social - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:32:40 EST T5Ycresu No.6335257 Reply
Progress, ICW, and wXw were dumb enough to let this happen.
>>
Annie Social - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:37:48 EST cfOXxE22 No.6335259 Reply
I dream of a Brit Wres equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials, and I want Jim Smallman, William Regal, Pete Dunne and the other bunch of lying fuckwits who completely killed the growing flame of the British scene for personal gain on the stand.

And fuck the few idiots on here, especially that tripfag Villsinki or whatever his name is, who defended WWE getting on the UK scene and actively defended it saying it would be a good thing.

Anybody with 2 brapimpls knew their only intention was to smother it out so 1 day everybody would be forced to watch NOTHING but WWE.

Congratulations, nobody wins, apart from some billion dollar US company
>>
Byron Saxton - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:48:30 EST b7NZg4wN No.6335262 Reply
im not following the britwres scene as much as i used to but i've literally never heard of most of these companies
>>
Van Hammer - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:51:35 EST BlrIoG3o No.6335263 Reply
>David Starr, is trying to get wrestlers unionized under Equity, while wrestling for Progress & WXW which helped WWE put an end to the World of Sport revival

>The World of Sport revival was already providing union benefits to its wrestlers under Equity

what did David mean by this? beside his labor advocacy being a gimmick
>>
R.D. Evans - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:55:32 EST Pw7+YUPl No.6335265 Reply
>>6335263
>David Starr, is trying to get wrestlers unionized
>David Starr
lol wow
>>
>>
James Storm - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 18:05:33 EST 3zLVgYmT No.6335269 Reply
Britwres scene getting killed is proof that wrestlers are still carnies.
>>
Pokka !!4vMEXnV5 - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 18:05:43 EST M1ahJWky No.6335270 Reply
>>6335263
Assuming that this union stuff came after he didn't get signed, is there any specific reason why David Starr hasn't been signed to a big company?
>>
Greg Iron - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:13:46 EST 7gfYnyr0 No.6335292 Reply
>>6335238
>>6335240
>>6335241
>>6335242
>>6335257
>>6335259
>>6335263
>>6335264
>>6335269
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST ENTER A VIABLE MARKET WITH CHEAP LABOR AND FORM DEALS WITH LOCAL BUSINESSES IN THE AREA EVEN THOUGH WE LIVE IN A FREE, GLOBAL ECONOMY, THAT'S IMMORAL

You wanted the Brirish government to supply subsides to these promotions or make an embargo on US wrestlers and wrestling promotions from entering the country?

Also, half these promotions would have died regardless.
>>
Who - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:21:01 EST VlRd/cit No.6335297 Reply
>>6335292
Cool strawman, I really like the way it missed the point of the thread entirely
>>
Greg Iron - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:22:16 EST 7gfYnyr0 No.6335298 Reply
>>6335294
>>6335297
The fact of the matter is that they couldn't compete with the WWE entering the market. This is the real world.
>>
Who - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:26:05 EST VlRd/cit No.6335301 Reply
>>6335298
Again, completely missing the point of the thread. People are not saying that it's "morally wrong" for business to go on as business does, such as WWE wanting to gain a bigger share of a hot market. This thread is about the people who actively denied that WWE entering the market would have the effect that anyone with half a brain could have expected, which is what we're seeing now - companies going out of business because a super-competitor has entered the fray.

You're arguing against an argument that does not exist.
>>
Bobby Eaton - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:27:40 EST gF+lQNyj No.6335303 Reply
>>6335292
  • subsidies

And yes I'd be totally OK with nations banning WWE from doing business within them
>>
Babe the Farmer's Daughter - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:27:55 EST bhZMFUMQ No.6335305 Reply
>>6335298
they didn't need to compete with WWE, no company really does, and they weren't "entering the market", they've been there for decades, just like every other wrestling country
the UK scene at one point these last 5 years was the biggest its been in a long long time and now they're back at square 1 because Triple H threw them a bone
>>
Pokka !!4vMEXnV5 - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:11:19 EST M1ahJWky No.6335333 Reply
1575681079740.jpg -(259858B / 253.77KB, 644x680) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
ARMBARS EVERYWHERE
>>
Pokka !!4vMEXnV5 - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:21:31 EST M1ahJWky No.6335338 Reply
>>6335335
lol no. Labour or bust. Don't vote for the blue or the yellow tories
>>
Bobby Dempsey - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 20:28:09 EST RIMHP1wE No.6335342 Reply
I know British wrestling is its own style. Is it a lot like what ZSJ does? If not, what is it like? Are there any good British promotions either for free or on independentwrestling.tv?

Are there any that are weekly?
>>
>>
Jonathan Coachman - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 21:49:28 EST c70sIBlz No.6335386 Reply
>>6335342
watch World of Sport wrestling videos from the 70s & 80s on YouTube
>>
Suwama - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 21:54:01 EST +u1/ibiz No.6335389 Reply
>>6335270
he's kind of a little bitch basically

he talks a big game about being this woke dsa guy but he kept his mouth shut and folded when wXw was being racist to shane strickland because he thought it was more important to keep his paycheck there than speak up on behalf on his friend
>>
Scott Norton - Fri, 06 Dec 2019 23:51:17 EST MvXqIYwr No.6335435 Reply
>>6335263
Pretty sure WOS ended up dying through other reasons though and actually not because of WWE
>>
Teddy Long - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 00:04:10 EST EAMV2e9C No.6335438 Reply
PROGRESS is going out of business next I'm guessing. Smallman getting out just in time so the heat doesn't go on him
>>
Mima Shimoda - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 05:08:39 EST cfOXxE22 No.6335469 Reply
1575713319751.jpg -(22968B / 22.43KB, 364x364) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6335292
>Supporting billion dollar corporations killing small local businesses and lowering the quality of product for consumers

What do you faggots actually gain out of this?
>>
Babe the Farmer's Daughter - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 05:56:59 EST bhZMFUMQ No.6335472 Reply
>>6335470
WWE marks won nothing, WWE is as shit as it was before destroying the UK scene, there was nothing to be gained here from anyone but WWE itself
>>
Bobby Eaton - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 07:59:56 EST gF+lQNyj No.6335481 Reply
>>6335472
WWE marks perceive wrestling overall getting worse as victory for them, because they want every other fan to be as miserable as they are.
>>
Rachel Summerlyn - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 09:02:43 EST N5OJXAeK No.6335493 Reply
All NXT is, is a weapon, under the disguise as an "alternative for WWE" and a "Revolution." All they do, is pop up when other wrestling things get popular, then harvest all the talent there purely so nobody else can use them until that thing is dead. Its why theres dozens, maybe up to a hundred wrestlers who at some point had some sort of popularity, just sitting in the Performance Center every day, doing nothing but working out. Just being paid to train, with no intention of a debut. They're just there so nobody else can use them. Then they stay there until they finally get a debut because NXT needs people, or until that person realises whats going on after almost a year, maybe even two there, gets frustrated and asks for their release.

NXT don't care about winning the Wednesday Night War with AEW, its just there to sap viewers from AEW, not to get more ratings than AEW, thats its point. Same with NXT:UK, it started up just so that WoS wouldn't be a thing, and its there to reap up all the UK talent so nobody else can use them. It's why they tried it in Japan and why they're gonna try in Mexico next. NXT is a weapon.
>>
>>
Rocco Rock - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 12:09:36 EST /7bd4pgx No.6335532 Reply
>>6335292

Wow it's almost like everything turning into a monopoly that strangleholds the entire industry for its profit is an inevitability with free market capitalism or something.
>>
Bobby Dempsey - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 13:25:34 EST oOLczIsv No.6335570 Reply
NXT is to independent pro wrestling what Hot Topic is to alternative subcultures.
>>
Snitsky - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 14:21:42 EST vCkiVt97 No.6335587 Reply
>>6335570
A decent place to check out if you want a product featuring shit you like?
>>
Tina Ferrari - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 14:36:50 EST CGX/J667 No.6335598 Reply
>>6335493
Yes. It's not a farm territory. Just look how much money has been put in nxt and where is stars? Then look how little was put in ovw and fcw and look at results. Also look at pure wwe talent, outside of roman and charlot they are sub bar and they are from fcw days. There are guys who stay in training for years and are no good. Then look what njpw dojo in LA is doing, and that's thanks to one man. So even if nxt was developmental brand or show, they are doing shity job. Now someone will say look at shayna, she is good shayna. But is she is ever in match where plans goes out of window, she will fail.
>>
Tanny Mouse - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 15:00:59 EST BlrIoG3o No.6335612 Reply
1575748859536.jpg -(16553B / 16.17KB, 282x282) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>WALTER's WWE UK Championship belt, as well as WALTER's passport, were stolen earlier today in Chicago, IL after a smash and grab of the rental car WALTER had the items inside, PWInsider.com has learned.

>We are also told that Timothy Thatcher's rental car was also broken into and he had property stolen in the smash and grab.

>We are told by several local independent wrestlers that there's been recent rash of cars being broken into near Logan Square in Chicago, where tonight's EVOLVE 142 event is slated to be held.

>WALTER is facing EVOLVE Champion Josh Briggs in the main event of tonight's event.
>>
ODB - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 15:53:00 EST Ybchf0OF No.6335633 Reply
>>6335612

>Stealing from WALTER

Are you fucking insane? If they find the perp or perps, they should be sentenced to 50 slaps from WALTER himself.
>>
Tank Toland - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 16:13:15 EST 5hPAfvmN No.6335637 Reply
>>6335633
>Wrestlers are tough guys meme

Could probably chin 90% of wrestlers out there TBH
>>
Greg Gagne - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 16:18:27 EST Rk+z/NHG No.6335638 Reply
>>6335637

esp the guy that looks like the little fat german dude from the simpsons
>>
Rhett Titus - Sat, 07 Dec 2019 16:40:46 EST dYhrmb6W No.6335647 Reply
>>6335637
Seriously. Especially nowadays. Most wrestlers are just overgrown theater nerds.
>>
John Laurinaitis - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 00:05:36 EST gF+lQNyj No.6335758 Reply
>>6335598
>le OVW meme

WWE at least still had something approaching decent booking and the desire to make stars when the OVW 4 came up.

And that was about the last time it ever did.

>>6335637
You probably have more chins than 90% of the wrestlers out there.

>>6335647
OK boomer
>>
Super Shisa - Sun, 08 Dec 2019 09:16:12 EST iopoPvN0 No.6335830 Reply
>>6335758
>Standing up for wrestlers
>WWE wrestlers nontheless

They're human just like me and you.
>>
Shelton Benjamin - Mon, 09 Dec 2019 08:07:40 EST iaBqYU2l No.6336212 Reply
If Britwres was even done properly, they would have had talent to bring in when they lost bigger names. They didn't. Britwres was gunna die off at a slower rate than it did.
>>
>>
Shaggy 2 Dope - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 02:21:42 EST gF+lQNyj No.6336575 Reply
>>6336212
McMahon-style talent raids don't just take away that generation. It also robs them of the following generation because they have no blocks to build off.
>>
Starman - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 10:14:35 EST GXHNtkkw No.6336605 Reply
>>6336212
didn't World Of Sport melt on its own before lolwwe could manage to get going?
>>
Jessica Love - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:03:36 EST BT0bFam0 No.6336616 Reply
ITT: Bunch of marks cry because some promotions, running 2 shows a year, they never watched or heard of before, closed down

These indie organizations come and go. Watch REVPRO if you want an alternative to NXT UK
>>
Shaggy 2 Dope - Tue, 10 Dec 2019 12:20:36 EST HwGKvo67 No.6336632 Reply
>>6336616
>look at their website
>Minoru Suzuki prominently featured
>look at their roster
>Zack Sabre Jr.
REVPRO is the best wrestling promotion there is.
>>
Erik Watts - Wed, 11 Dec 2019 13:37:44 EST 2oJt1gE2 No.6336946 Reply
>>6336605
To call 30 years of inactivity a "generational gap" is a beeg understatement
>>
El Oriental - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 16:12:53 EST bWZ+YR1t No.6337612 Reply
>>6337553
Pls. WOS was campy wrestling fun unlike anything else on TV. The production was like there was a methhead at the switcher, but it had potential.
>>
Pokka !!4vMEXnV5 - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:12:36 EST M1ahJWky No.6337621 Reply
>>6337612
Yeah, I really wanted it to do well, but it was like AEW in the sense of "here are some matches". you'd think ITV, whose bread and butter is reality tv shows where they play Coldplay while a wannabe singer narrates a sob story in order to create an emotional hook for audiences to connect, would understand the importance of character building.
>>
Rockin' Robin - Fri, 13 Dec 2019 19:04:45 EST uVCJsa/W No.6337633 Reply
I really wish Progress had tried to make it on their own, I think they could have gotten the support of BT Sport if they had the ambition to go for it. A fortnightly Progress show following the Sunday afternoon football would have been a ratings smash.
>>
GAMI - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:30:19 EST BlrIoG3o No.6340756 Reply
Triple H Addresses NXT UK’s Effect On The Current Independent Scene, How The UK System Has Changed
>Triple H and Shawn Michaels were the latest guests on WWE After The Bell with Corey Graves and the two DX members turned NXT figureheads had plenty to share regarding the growth of the black and gold brand both in the United States and across the pond in the United Kingdom.

>Hunter specifically addressed the fact that many of the U.K. independent promotions will fade out due to the presence of NXT UK scooping up so much talent and why WWE decided to work with particular promotions such as PROGRESS as they move forward with the brand.

“Yes, some of these indies are going to go away. The ones that are going to go away, the ones that are paying you $25 when they promised you $75, the ones that have a ring that didn’t hold up, the ones that didn’t have medical there, the ones that didn’t care about you, they were just booking you because they were hoping to sell some tickets and you had a little bit of buzz so they were hoping to sell some tickets and they could care less what you do when you do it.

We wanted to work with the ones that were cultivating talent. The ones that were encouraging them to become better, working with them on promos or giving them guidance, right or wrong, on their matches that had equipment that was functioning, that had medical care if you did get injured while you were there that at least you weren’t laying there for 45 minutes while they were trying to figure out if they could get an ambulance to come or call you an Uber.

All those things were important to us and those were the people that we started to partner with and let people work for and I think it’s done just that. From what my understanding of what I hear the system has changed a lot and there’s a lot more of them sort of policing it and the talent being able to police cause they’re not allowed to go work for the ones that can’t do it and those ones eventually don’t last and the others do last and for all the right reasons and the others aren’t.”

>Promotions such as Defiant has since closed it’s doors and talent signed under the NXT UK brand are allowed to wrestle for certain independent promotions, just not on on-demand or streaming services.
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1160877-triple-h-wwe-after-the-bell-nxt-uk-independent-scene
>>
Bad News Brown - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:43:02 EST b0jIMCOD No.6340762 Reply
>>6340756
Is he really trying to say that every promotion that is dying because of nxtuk dont pay their wrestlers and deserve it?
>>
>>
Netjester !AI.skYnEt - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:09:08 EST iLikEToleARn No.6340774 Reply
>>6340773
Big scoopz NJ does it because people outside of illinois on labor day weekend in the day.
>>
Celt !BzcOsK03.w - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:26:14 EST jFe7D+GS No.6340783 Reply
1577384774140.gif -(833588B / 814.05KB, 200x161) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6340756
>Hunter: "My take is YES! the UK Indies are dying...and good riddance"

Ugh
>>
George The Animal Steele - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 13:54:08 EST v7ekiu3T No.6340789 Reply
1577386448204.gif -(1898509B / 1.81MB, 297x150) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6340756
> Triple H on Killing the UKs pro-wresu Scene.
> They deserved it.
> Yeah, we made them fall, but We’re the “greater good” in all this
>>
Retail Dragon - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 17:17:11 EST DPysWSOz No.6340859 Reply
>>6340853
Fuck, it still pisses me off that thanks to Gabe's ineptitude fucked over a potential star in Kaasa
>>
Mochi Miyagi - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 17:34:05 EST wDJ1BVUr No.6340862 Reply
1577399645974.png -(792411B / 773.84KB, 960x720) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6340853
>>6340859
It's not fucking fair. At the time, Kaasa was legitimately one of the only people that I went out of my way to see. He made me watch Dragon Gate of all places. Fuck Gabe, man.
>>
Danny Doring - Thu, 26 Dec 2019 20:15:05 EST /7bd4pgx No.6340894 Reply
>>6340810

>a corporate monopoly with an inferior product crushes all innovation and competition simply because of the amount of money and power it has, ultimately leaving consumers with no choice as they put a stranglehold on the industry and milk it dry


Can't argue, that's exactly what free market capitalism is.
>>
>>
Andy Douglas - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 06:34:59 EST Dt7eGiun No.6341010 Reply
>>6340810
You will never, ever get any of that money for yourself. Disgusting suckhole.
>>
Colin Delaney - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 08:01:11 EST cfOXxE22 No.6341020 Reply
>>6340756
>the ones that had medical care

Does that fuckwit not know we have free healthcare over here? Big nosed cunt
>>
Andy Douglas - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 08:02:07 EST Dt7eGiun No.6341021 Reply
>>6341020
He's in the corporate America bubble.

also >implying Tories aren't gonna sell the NHS to burger pharma
>>
Andy Leavine - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 08:04:15 EST TNBtQySc No.6341022 Reply
1577451855985.jpg -(16390B / 16.01KB, 480x318) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6335238
>all of those 3rd world warehouse feds that nobody ever gave a shit about until HHH pointed out how shit they were
>all of the mudshow midget defense force weenies shitting their pants ITT now that HHH presented some cold hard facts

sorry, kids, but even bingo hall circuit workers know that getting paid in hot dogs and t-shirts is total horse shit.
>>
Andy Douglas - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 09:04:54 EST Dt7eGiun No.6341029 Reply
>>6341022
>American't calling any other nation third-world

You are socially behind Western Europe by literally half-a-century
>>
Andy Leavine - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 09:11:57 EST TNBtQySc No.6341030 Reply
>>6341029
>t. 3rd world retard violently shitting his tattered and torn pants

america is the de facto leader of the planet earth and the country that EVERYBODY pays attention to while nobody gives a fuck about your little shit stinking land mass. pipe down, retard.
>>
Nicky - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 09:35:19 EST 2pDuz27b No.6341036 Reply
>>6341022
> cold hard facts
>facts
> actually believing Triple H, of WWE, when he claims to be telling you “””facts””
Can you say Mark?
>>
Alundra Blayze - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 12:21:36 EST iiKQZuhS No.6341073 Reply
>>6341021
to be fair I think he's referring to medical presence at shows which a decent chunk of shows don't do, but again it's still meaningless when Progress have also not done this as well as indie promotions those they've signed still work do so as well.

It's exactly like when they used the Bodom ref excuse for not letting those wrestlers work the final southside show, the excuse just functionally doesn't make sense but as long as the casual people who pay no attention to the subject believe it it doesn't matter
>>
TAKA Michinoku - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 13:34:13 EST yxXhjRX3 No.6341098 Reply
>>6341021
He's talking about having a medic on staff, which never used to be a thing at many indy shows. He's also talking out of his ass.
>>
Ken Doane - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:56:17 EST xGNTmwch No.6341122 Reply
>>6341022
Are people like this even fans of wrestling? Whats the point in being watching if youre this miserable?
>>
Ken Doane - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 14:59:03 EST xGNTmwch No.6341124 Reply
>>6341030
When a fat loud asshole walks into a room waving his hands around and everyone notices them it doesnt make them important.
>>
Tiffany Mellon - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 17:59:13 EST x7ioCv8+ No.6341194 Reply
>>6341122
Wrestling fans who are ashamed of being wrestling fans but have never been anything other than a wrestling fan so they cant let go of it are the single worst aspect of wrestling fandom. No other part comes closer.
>>
Olimpico - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 20:33:51 EST Dt7eGiun No.6341263 Reply
>>6341030
lol America is China's bitch and the President is a Russian pawn

>de facto leader of planet earth
No wonder it's dying.
>>
>>
Olimpico - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 20:45:37 EST Dt7eGiun No.6341274 Reply
>>6341269
I'm still at my parents' for the holidays and I'm colossally bored. Also making fun of these kinds of lamers is easy
>>
Johnny Curtis - Fri, 27 Dec 2019 21:32:05 EST x7ioCv8+ No.6341285 Reply
>>6341022
>getting paid in hot dogs and t-shirts is total horse shit.
Gabe pays wrestlers on EVOLVE shows in t-shirts if at all
yknow the same NXT feeder fed and he works for WWE
>>
Kamala - Mon, 30 Dec 2019 01:50:50 EST iopoPvN0 No.6341972 Reply
Jim Smallman is leaving Progress after chapter 100 and I feel like that will be the final pin in 'BritWres' as we know it. It's honestly depressing how much the scene has cooled off over the last 3 years. The thing that I miss the most is the feeling that the scene could grow into standing toe to toe with the US, Mexico and Japan. Now that's all dissapeared and its just bleak. When Minoru Suzuki and PAC can't sell out York Halll that's when you know something is very, very wrong.
>>
Kamala - Mon, 30 Dec 2019 04:32:56 EST iopoPvN0 No.6341979 Reply
>>6341973
The NJPW relationship will probably hold. I see no reason for it not to. But it's at the point now where even they can't draw fans in. You had at least 7000 people going mental for Suzuki only few months prior to the most recent show and even then it wasnt a sell out. That's only half the problem. I honestly can't remember when the heavyweight title has last been defended in York Hall (seriously where is Zack even wrestling these days when hes not with New Japan?) and who outside of a NJPW midcarder can even challenge for the title? Its a long ways away from where it once was.
>>
Vinnie Vegas - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 16:20:25 EST 0ia2DwE9 No.6342571 Reply
bryan was talking about how WWE lost the sky deal on WOR. is the death of Britwres and the decline of popularity in WWE related? like was just "britwres" doing well when it was peaking or was all wrestling in the UK relatively hot? Did WWE kill their own market by killing off the scene
>>
Matt Sydal - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 20:41:05 EST gF+lQNyj No.6342631 Reply
>>6342571
> like was just "britwres" doing well when it was peaking or was all wrestling in the UK relatively hot?

ICW did some ridiculous numbers for a while during the peak of the Grado phenomenon.
>>
Attache - Tue, 31 Dec 2019 22:17:44 EST yf09eetF No.6342654 Reply
>>6342631
This just shows the importance of having a "star" in your promotion who actually captures the imagination and connects with more than just hardcore wrestling fans.
>>
Jimmy Garvin - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 09:50:49 EST jCH8J3Fu No.6344248 Reply
All according to plan(?)
https://sport.bt.com/wwe/nxt-and-nxt-uk-join-raw-and-smackdown-on-bt-sport-the-new-uk-home-of-the-wwe-S11364421557178

NXT and NXT UK join Raw and SmackDown on BT Sport, the new UK home of the WWE.
NXT will air live for the first time in the UK and Ireland after BT Sport added the show to it’s WWE offering from Wednesday 1 January, 2020.
>NXT and NXT UK join Raw and SmackDown on BT Sport, the exclusive live broadcaster of the WWE’s flagship programming in the UK and Ireland from Wednesday 1 January, 2020.

>Having announced earlier this year that Raw and SmackDown were moving to BT Sport, NXT and NXT UK will now also be available to wrestling fans.

>The first of NXT’s two-hour weekly shows will air at 1am on Thursday 2 January, with the first SmackDown of the year starting at the same time on Saturday 4 January before Raw takes centre stage from 1am on Tuesday 7 January.

>And that’s not all, we will also air NXT UK for the first time on British television, with the weekly one-hour series showcasing the brightest stars of NXT's UK division, with full schedule details to follow.

>As well as airing all Raw, SmackDown and NXT shows live, BT Sport will also show primetime same day repeats. In addition, customers can catch up on all the overnight action whenever and wherever they like via the enhanced video player on the BT Sport app on mobile and BTSport.com.
>>
Finlay - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 09:58:26 EST GXHNtkkw No.6344253 Reply
>>6342631
I'm just glad AAA and Impact was able to bring us the dream match of Grado and Maximot
>>
Greg The Hammer Valentine - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 12:26:25 EST cfOXxE22 No.6344292 Reply
>>6344248
WWE is moving onto a smaller channel. It's been funny seeing the commentators during the football try to advertise WWE, then making sarcastic jokes about wrestling.

I think Sky pulled any serious idea of bidding again when the whole Network drama started. BT is a killer for any chance of WWE growing in the UK anytime soon
>>
Sunny - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 12:46:12 EST z+c6DKUE No.6344296 Reply
>>6344292
The real issue was the fact that the viewership went down massively over the last few years, because British fans don't take any shit and will stop watching if it gets awful, which it did.

As for the Network, yes there was a holdup there, but it didn't affect RAW or SmackDown. The most ridiculous thing was Sky having first rights to Main Event, which put a nail into showing ME live every Tuesday on the Network, with four matches.

At least BT Sport have been welcoming with putting NXT/UK on the station, but even that was a last minute thing, because people complained about not being able to watch NXT.
>>
>>
Jimmy Garvin - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 14:51:02 EST jCH8J3Fu No.6344327 Reply
>>6344325
think you're discounting the reach he had from that Vice documentary and it doesn't change the fact that he spiked the territory
>>
Dory Funk Jr. - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 15:27:13 EST M8BG0zUw No.6344338 Reply
>>6344325
Grado is one of the few wrestling personalities to have a career outside of wrestling. He has his own quiz show on BBC Scoltand, he appears in a ton of TV shows & soap operas, and he seems to get a lot of work in things like pantos. Maybe in America he's unknown, I mean he did have that run in TNA but still. In Scotland at least he's more than a wrestler. He's now That Guy Off The Telly.
>>
Angelina Love - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 20:14:31 EST iopoPvN0 No.6344408 Reply
>>6342631
Every now and again I remember that ICW exists. How are they doing like, right now? Do people still go?
>>
Akebono - Mon, 06 Jan 2020 21:25:39 EST UFXx2Eks No.6344442 Reply
>>6344338
>That Guy Off The Telly.
The highest rank of Scottish Nobleman that is.
Just like Billy Connolly/

Report Post
Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.