Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

Discord Now Fully Linked With 420chan IRC

Now Playing on /wooo/tube -

HERE'S A QUESHION

- Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:13:40 EST zJpIeZWH No.6350133
File: 1579835620425.jpg -(100732B / 98.37KB, 768x768) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. HERE'S A QUESHION
AEW is many things, but in light of recent news, it is undeniably one thing (soon): profitable. Love it or hate it as a fan, overall, people seem happy to work for them, they get more creative freedom, and they'll be making money through the next three or whatever years.

Which wrestler who fell for Vince's "that money mark promotion will fold within a year" bullshit and chose to stay within The Temple do you think feels like the biggest gaping fucking asshole right now?
>>
Chris Candido - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:22:15 EST FmmnU85k No.6350138 Reply
>>6348583
>>6350133
>Which wrestler who fell for Vince's "that money mark promotion will fold within a year" bullshit and chose to stay within The Temple do you think feels like the biggest gaping fucking asshole right now?
None because they're all being paid well and that's largely why who considered leaving stayed over going to AEW.
Should they have taken a paycut to go to AEW so you could get a boner or something? AEW has a set payscale and a specific number of wrestlers they will take in, WWE doesn't have that, so they can pay way more than WWE.
Why do AEWtist have to turn everything into a console war?
>>
Chris Candido - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:35 EST FmmnU85k No.6350141 Reply
>>6350138
Also,
>The Temple
This isn't a religion, it's a business.
No one in WWE is being brainwashed or converted into staying WWE. They either like where they are at or are being paid well.

You could have made this thread about who from WWE should go to AEW, instead you turn it into some stupid console war where you think that anyone who didn't literally drop their high paying wage and immediately go to AEW to take less are stupid.

NB for stupid console wars.
>>
Anthony Nese - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:36:32 EST zJpIeZWH No.6350146 Reply
>>6350141
>anyone

No, incorrect. The point of the thread is to determine which wrestlers, if any, regrets choosing financial stability with 0 creativity over a still comfortable pay with more artistic freedom, and don't fucking pretend that that's not something that a lot of wrestlers value because honestly, it's 2020 and we shouldn't put up with that sort of willful ignorance. Can you not read?

And I gave 0 opinion on AEW - in fact, I went out of my way to provide ONE verifiable statement: the company will be profitable in its first year. Do you need me to source the fuckin dirtsheet thread? That WWE is a cultlike environment is a completely separate issue from AEW - they've been a cultlike environment for DECADES.

Now can we PLEASE have a discussion on /wooo/ like we fuckin used to?
>>
Chris Candido - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:47:23 EST FmmnU85k No.6350149 Reply
>>6350146
>No, incorrect. The point of the thread is to determine which wrestlers, if any, regrets choosing financial stability with 0 creativity over a still comfortable pay with more artistic freedom, and don't fucking pretend that that's not something that a lot of wrestlers value because honestly, it's 2020 and we shouldn't put up with that sort of willful ignorance. Can you not read?

If creative freedom was worth more to them than money, they wouldn't be in the WWE. The only guy is probably Mike Bennett and he's just stupid. If Gallows and Anderson wanted to leave, they would have left a year ago. They got an incredibly contract and they are happy where they are. Same with guys like Oney or AJ Styles. They are making great money and AEW can't and won't match what they make.

>I went out of my way to provide ONE verifiable statement: the company will be profitable in its first year.
Being profit =/= paying as much as the other guy. They have a pay scale and unless it's like John Cena or the Rock, that pay scale isn't being broken. More importantly, none of those wrestlers could have possibly foresaw that, not that it matters because, again, they aren't paying as much as WWE because they can't.

>That WWE is a cultlike environment is a completely separate issue from AEW - they've been a cultlike environment for DECADES.
It's called
MONEY
O
N
E
Y
just because they stay in WWE, doesn't mean it's cult, it means they are getting paid well and they are happy to accept the position they are in for the pay they receive. They aren't 14 year olds like you, they understand how the world work and they have wives and kids.

This isn't a hobby you idiot. They aren't starving artist who fight for their craft, it's a job first and foremost you idiot. They have kids to feed, wives to clothes, and mortgages. They aren't 20 years old, they aren't gonna drop everything so they could get a 5 star match for less than what they are making now.
>>
Mototsugu Shimizu - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:47:37 EST 84rxBObu No.6350150 Reply
As of now, I think one thing AEW wrestlers undoubtedly have better than WWE superstars is the schedule. No wrestling 4+ nights a week and having to film stuff for the WWE Network all the time. The extra money WWE can give middling talent is nice but the time to decompress and recover is a great luxury.
>>
Arn Anderson - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:47:51 EST 4gmh45ky No.6350151 Reply
>>6350146
Thank you, dude. I think AEW is drizzling shits right now, but it is profitable. With that said, I do agree that none probably really feel that way in WWE. They released a majority of the people who wanted to go and the only two I can see leaving is Kairi and Io and they would be going back to Japan. The rest either love it there or they are being paid well enough for their creativity or placement on the card to not be any issue. There really isn't more to discuss beyond.
>>
Chris Candido - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:50:08 EST FmmnU85k No.6350153 Reply
>>6350147
If Bryan were a mid carder or a jobber, I'm sure he'd be angry, but the dud is a main eventer, and a perpetual one since his comeback. Why would he be mad?
>>
Anthony Nese - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:38:23 EST zJpIeZWH No.6350166 Reply
>>6350149
>Being profit =/= paying as much as the other guy.
I made a specific point of saying that they'd be taking a paycut while still getting paid well already, don't misrepresent the argument here. And up until this point, there simply hasn't been a viable alternative, so saying that people who wanted more artistic freedom could just leave is nonsense. There was no midpoint between "WWE money" and "indie money" and if you're an adult, you know full well that going back to indie money isn't a realistic choice for a lot of people. With a secure alternative product, there is now a new tier between "WWE money" and "abject poverty".

>They aren't starving artist who fight for their craft
Loool, you think wrestlers aren't sensitive artists in it for adoration and affirmation from the crowd. You think people don't take more personally fulfilling, less lucrative jobs ALL THE TIME, especially after saving their money. You also probably think Kevin Nash, who was literally born with the specific genetic condition that makes it impossible for him to not be successful at wrestling unless he's a complete fucking moron, has the key to understanding wrestling.

>you idiot
Source: the guy who thinks people get into wrestling for the money

>>>6350153
>If Bryan were a mid carder or a jobber, I'm sure he'd be angry, but the dud is a main eventer, and a perpetual one since his comeback. Why would he be mad?
Christian, in particular, jumped to TNA back in the day because he felt he could give back to the wrestling business by helping put TNA on the map as an alternative. Now... that didn't work out very well, but wrestlers wanting to work with new talent and give back to the business, especially after saving up their money, is far from unheard of. Plenty of people grew up watching Terry Funk give credibility to ECW or saw Cactus Jack go there after making a name for himself in WCW.
>>
Primo - Thu, 23 Jan 2020 23:56:38 EST Xepe4oHI No.6350177 Reply
>>6350166
>I made a specific point of saying that they'd be taking a paycut while still getting paid well already,
Many of them would take a substantial paycut. Holy fuck, what part of "pay scale" do you not understand? AEW has a specific budget and they aren't going over budget, my god.

>I made a specific point of saying that they'd be taking a paycut while still getting paid well already,
Which is still substantially less than WWE money

>Source: the guy who thinks people get into wrestling for the money
It's a business first and for most and WWE is giving people a lot of money.

>Loool, you think wrestlers aren't sensitive artists in it for adoration and affirmation from the crowd
They care about the art. They also understand that WWE is giving out 500k contracts while AEW isn't,.

WWE has been giving out releases. If they were so eager to jump to AEW to make less money, they would ask for their release. Way more people are re-signing than leaving.
>>
Primo - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:03:11 EST Xepe4oHI No.6350180 Reply
>>6350177
And to bring up something again. Just because someone stays in WWE, does not mean that they are "brainwashed" or "in a cult".
Trying to shame the workers for working a company that you aren't a fanboy of is what a 14 year old does. Grow up, stop being a retard.
>>
Nick Patrick - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 00:52:00 EST moM7c3uF No.6350193 Reply
Seffer probably. He was positioned as the face of the company in a time where they were drawing like shit and public opinion is overwhelmingly negative. He stayed on for a guaranteed spot as top guy, whereas Mox knew he was going nowhere and took his chances to help grow a fledgling company.

Seth was getting shit all to work with and instead of brushing aside criticisms, he doubled down on towing the company line and attacking AEW for no reason. That to me, atleast, indicates a level of salt. Seth has always been the type of guy who cares about his work and fan perception of him, unlike Roman who's the ultimate devotee of the John Cena philosophy of not giving a shit. He may say AEW is shit, but I bet he secretly wishes he could be in Mox's spot, being the most over babyface in American Wrestling and getting the chance to work NJPW's big shows.

If he were to break contract and go over there, he'd be hot as shit and be a top heel, instead of whatever boring bullshit angle WWE is making him do. Fuck, just imagining the heat he'd get attacking Mox after winning the title would be crazy and they can redo that awful botched angle from 2014 right.
>>
>>
Lacey - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:45:17 EST qE3gy2L+ No.6350208 Reply
>>6350180
I remember someone posted a list of what to do / not to do in WWE not three months ago, especially in front of Vince.

Unfortunately I can't seems to understand how archiving in Ganjachan works.
>>
Arn Anderson - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:04:24 EST 4gmh45ky No.6350249 Reply
>>6350166
>>6350177

You need to chill out, my guy. Afte reading, it seems like you just wanted any excuse to start a long pointless argument that will result in absolutely fuck all. Maybe shut the fuck up a bit? Many have answered your question. Your "old school /wooo/ discussion" has devolved into bickering. You are what happened to these boards. Shut up, already.
>>
Deuce - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 12:11:50 EST PEVc977E No.6350250 Reply
>>6350182
Yeah, there was a pretty good post a few months back showing how WWE does have some cult-like behavior. And given how some people are clearly marks for the WWE, it's safe to say not everyone is there "just for the money."
>>
Anthony Nese - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:29:05 EST zJpIeZWH No.6350321 Reply
>>6350177
We've literally seen one of the WWE's top guys and a guy who vowed never to work outside the WWE in the US jump to them and do some of the best work of their careers, and the very idea that others might follow their lead is making you absolutely FURIOUS and exploding with vitriol, insults and assertations of what a big strong adult you are.

Like, as much as I liked Christian Cage, Ambrose was a (horribly misused) main-eventer leaving. And obviously the idea is that the company will be able to pay increasingly better as it grows. Hence why them for sure being around three years from now changes the entire fucking landscape of professional wrestling. The entire point of this topic is that the mindset of "they'll be gone within a year so no use in investing" is officially for dumb, dumb dummies.
>>
Steve Austin - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:54:57 EST Q6Esau3f No.6350362 Reply
Fortunately for Mox, AEW has no Brock on their roster. Their Mania match was one of the most obvious political hatchet jobs in wrestling history.
>>
Eli Cottonwood - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:18:02 EST T5Ycresu No.6350367 Reply
Brock is the smartest wrestler in the business
>>
Steve Austin - Fri, 24 Jan 2020 19:06:40 EST Q6Esau3f No.6350375 Reply
>>6350367
Brock vs Ambrose is up there with Haitch vs Booker T when it comes to obvious burials.
>>
El Dandy - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 02:32:51 EST MqPOCghi No.6350730 Reply
>>6350362
They got Jake Hager. They could easily build him into their Brock Lesnar instead of just being the muscle for The Inner Circle.
>>
Matt Hardy - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 03:01:54 EST Td7mmGNM No.6350738 Reply
>>6350730
Having one wrestler built up so much to be ahead of so much else of the roster to the point he destroys most of the roster in 5 seconds is retarded. This means he's the only person on the roster worth a shit, making the only people on his level those that last a long time or beat him, with everyone being below THEIR levels.

Basically, it'll bury the midcard that currently has people they want to mold into the next big things.
>>
Hajime Ohara - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 03:10:14 EST OqD2sERQ No.6350740 Reply
I really disliked AEW when it started, they were using way too many green talent and pushing far left political ideas into the promotion. Since then they've calmed down a lot on both of them so it's much more easy to enjoy now.
>>
Netjester !AI.skYnEt - Sun, 26 Jan 2020 03:10:16 EST iLikEToleARn No.6350741 Reply
>>6350740
Is sekimoto the world's population has watched nearly everything, select some weeks now and then act confused when we get 3 FREE months of delay, they took so long as it is going to work indie dates they used to enjoy it, but I'm starting to get at least sanada/evil heel gimmick that makes viewers tune out, they'll just look them up," or "gunt" and then, so here goes muh story.
>>
Barçil - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:54:39 EST OL3MWh/1 No.6352058 Reply
>>6350740
Pushing far left views? Just because they give their wrestlers healthcare? Bro, you´re dumb as fuck lmao
>>
Bill DeMott - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:08:59 EST jCH8J3Fu No.6352067 Reply
1580231339645.png -(302725B / 295.63KB, 1514x1018) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6350740
>pushing far left political ideas
you're either a troll or just still really really mad about Nyla Rose/Sonny Kiss/Brandi Rhodes
>>
>>
Conor O'Brian - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:14:36 EST 8eEiecMN No.6352074 Reply
>>6350740
How are they pushing far left political ideas?

Nyla Rose was an inevitability in televised pro wrestling, moving with the times and reflecting modern society in and of itself isn't a stance either way.

Fight for The Fallen was a charity event where the proceeds went to victims of gun violence - That isn't a stance on gun laws on either side.

... Honestly those are the only two things I can think of that would even come close to booker political ideology.
>>
Crash Holly - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:21:34 EST IAs11vJ5 No.6352081 Reply
>>6352074
Scorpio Sky is black and doesnt have a dancing athletic goofy guy gimmick.
>>
Jun Akiyama - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:38:21 EST kjhu4cUS No.6352086 Reply
1580233101111.png -(202324B / 197.58KB, 424x318) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6350740
>pushing far left political ideas into the promotion
>far left

LGBT People: *Exist*
You: "This is Stalin's Russia all over again"
>>
Nikolai Volkoff - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:47:34 EST OL3MWh/1 No.6352091 Reply
1580233654775.jpg -(90042B / 87.93KB, 1200x800) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6350740
Yes, they're pushing far left agenda, we're going to dominate the world, and all wrestlers will be paid what they really deserve based on their work rate, they will have full healthcare, we will have big unions, there will be place to development and experimentation, and women will be finally treated equally.
AEW IS THE NEW ORDER IN PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING
>>
Sonjay Dutt - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 13:31:27 EST 0+ZeA+M+ No.6352108 Reply
1580236287097.jpg -(169716B / 165.74KB, 683x1024) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size.
>>6352086
Nah, AEW also has an anti-people-getting-shot agenda. Stalin at least had no qualms with that, in common with any god-fearing American.

AEW is literally worse than Stalin.
>>
Kevin Sullivan - Tue, 28 Jan 2020 17:03:23 EST tohb2a1F No.6352197 Reply
>>6350740
>too far left
>kris statlander a literal illegal alien
Checks out guys
>>
>>
Ted Turner - Fri, 07 Feb 2020 00:34:20 EST 4+XXVSrz No.6355516 Reply
>>6355486

why are you trying so hard?

Anyway, regarding the topic question, I don't think anyone there feels like the "biggest gaping asshole", but if you asked how many feel unhappy, underutilized, or misled into what they were getting into, I'd definitely say The Revival. Personally, I think they'd be a fantastic heel element in AEW, and could be Moxley's counter to Santana and Ortiz in his own stable (along with Luke Harper/Brodie Lee). Yet that's just my fanboy dreams running.

I think, for whatever you wanna believe about the working environment of the WWE, most there are "happy to be there" or at least content. I mean, despite me wanting to see AEW succeed, WWE is still pushed as the "big leagues" in the states. If you strike it big you stand to make big money, if you're already big (Nakamura, Lesnar, Orton), you can phone it in night after night and collect that retirement money. Which I'm not mad about. Veterans have long signed onto WWE after the most strenuous part of their in-ring career comes to a close.
>>
Naruki Doi - Fri, 07 Feb 2020 00:50:49 EST QYsXLcve No.6355521 Reply
>“Legacy and all that is okay. But if I had the choice of getting the money, and not working, I’m taking the money and I’m not gonna care about the legacy. I’m gonna take that $15 million and parlay that into 45 or 50. For me, it was about getting paid and parlaying professional wrestling into what I’m doing right now. If they would’ve said, ‘you can take the money and work sporadically’ or ‘take the money and stay at home.’ You would have never saw me again. I’m serious"

That's a quote from Booker T. I'm sure the money for some(most?) Is more important than being able to cut a promo without a script or wrestle a 5* match.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.