Leave these fields empty (spam trap):
Name
You can leave this blank to post anonymously, or you can create a Tripcode by using the format Name#Password
Comment
[i]Italic Text[/i]
[b]Bold Text[/b]
[spoiler]Spoiler Text[/spoiler]
>Highlight/Quote Text
[pre]Preformatted & Monospace Text[/pre]
[super]Superset Text[/super]
[sub]Subset Text[/sub]
1. Numbered lists become ordered lists
* Bulleted lists become unordered lists
File

Sandwich

- Fri, 13 May 2022 16:32:44 EST zoyGPy3I No.6637213
File: 1652473964832.jpg -(121461B / 118.61KB, 1500x1000) Thumbnail displayed, click image for full size. 2024
Do you guys think MJF will actually jump ship? Or is this some sort of new meta storyline with dirt sheets reporting he’s not planning on renewing his contract, etc. I’d hate to see him leave :(
>>
The People - Fri, 13 May 2022 16:35:18 EST jwmuGeUb No.6637215 Reply
He's gonna Summer of Punk the AEW title next year going into the end of his contract.
>>
Maven - Fri, 13 May 2022 16:41:41 EST TZsgGAcO No.6637217 Reply
>>6637213
He's always working. It could be legit, but I doubt he'd be openly saying it in kayfabe interviews if it was true.
>>
The Godfather - Fri, 13 May 2022 16:57:06 EST pYYA0AWw No.6637220 Reply
Yeah, bro, I'm sure MJF is just shooting out there every week and none of the suits give a shit. Come on.
>>
ProWresBlog - Fri, 13 May 2022 17:31:58 EST tGiIdAQ6 No.6637226 Reply
>>6637213
When WCW went out of business, the WWF signed some of their guys for big bucks. Well, the wrestlers the WWF already had wanted in on that too, and Vince had to give it to them.

A similar thing is happening now in AEW. Tony had to pay big for Punk and Bryan and other wrestlers noticed it. Cody wanted Punk level pay and didn't get it, so he left. MJF may do the same if Tony doesn't give it to him as WWE can give it to him.

MJF has proven his worth. He's worth a lot more than when he debuted with the company and he could have another 40 years in him if he can turn his promo ability into a manager or commentator role.
>>
Masada - Fri, 13 May 2022 18:47:03 EST 6kl04U+J No.6637244 Reply
MJF is probably like these NFL stars. They sign a contract for a couple years to get some security. Then two years into the contract, other guys who are free agents get signed to massive contracts. then the NFL stars cry and say they need more money even though they signed for multiple years. So they hold out and other BS. in reality, these guys should sign shorter contracts if they want to take advantage of bidding wars. tbh Tony should back the money truck up to MJF. This guy should be in AEW until he's done.
>>
Nikki Bella - Fri, 13 May 2022 19:12:10 EST Ct2/qI3D No.6637253 Reply
He's a Jew, so of course he's angling for the big money payoff as much as possible. I do expect Khan to pay every penny, though, and as a talent, MJF deserves it.
>>
Simon Dean - Fri, 13 May 2022 23:46:39 EST zVr5C0Yj No.6637293 Reply
the thing with mjf is that yeah hes a good heel and a decent wrestler but that stuff only goes so far. you can be the best heel or even the best face and if the story you are in sucks nothing can save it. in aew mjf has a very obvious direction hes one of their 4 pillars he is the guy who will end up as world champ he has lots of faces he can feud with and people he can bounce off of so to speak.

now what about wwe? not so much he could write his own lines and everything and if vince wants to he will dump it all. if he wants money sure going to wwe would be the best thing to do money wise. but if he actually cares about the wrestling part he would be better off anywhere else. thats pretty much the rule now i would say if you just want money go to wwe you might end up hating your job but at least you are rich maybe.
>>
Shayne Hawke - Sat, 14 May 2022 00:41:20 EST kVanSr8Q No.6637296 Reply
>>6637216
Of course he will. That's the only place he ever gets a reaction, and it's mostly just fans desperate to be part of the show.
>>
Brian Gewirtz - Sat, 14 May 2022 07:38:47 EST eXfX7R6H No.6637322 Reply
I think its just story and mjf will remain with aew. There's a level of self awareness mjf has where he knows the most wwe will give him is as the miz's sidekick who dresses and imitates him.
>>
John Cena - Sat, 14 May 2022 09:58:41 EST SUjp/gJ5 No.6637326 Reply
So MJF currently wrestles one match a month.

That shows he is a main attraction or he is only booked like this due to Tony Khan not wanting him to be AEW Champion.

It kind of sucks that AEW is wasting his talents. He SHOULD be AEW World Champion by now, and he should easily be the youngest champion at that.

But no. For whatever reason, they're waiting for that. It's why they rushed Wardlow's face turn because they don't want him to be champion.

I wouldn't be surprise if he jumps to WWE for a better deal. By the time he does, the Codster will have enough pull and he'll easily be champion then.

It'd be like Steve Austin leaving WCW to WWF. Except there's no Ringmaster off the bat, you're going to get Survivor Series 96 Austin with MJF's arrival to WWE.
>>
Tank - Sat, 14 May 2022 10:30:33 EST VV+WSZqH No.6637332 Reply
>>6637326
>rushed Wardlow's face turn
Wardlow was HOT and they pulled the trigger at the right time at Revolution after fucking years of him as MJF's muscle. They've taken months to go from just a bodyguard to a super over monster face and every single Dynamite he has a segment where he looks awesome and gets more over than the week before. If there's one thing AEW is booking perfectly right now, it's Wardlow.

But yeah, I've been expecting MJF to beat Hangman since before Hangman won the title and now it looks like it'll be Hangman to Punk instead. The only reason I can see them holding off on Max being World Champion is if this 2024 thing is 100% a work and they're Summer of Punk-ing the title with him.

Reason
Note
Please be descriptive with report notes,
this helps staff resolve issues quicker.